*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Hey ladies, what is the difference between a doppler ultrasound and a regular one? If it is higher quality, I will definitely be purchasing it.

Good news Pix! (Well, I guess as good as it can be, given the circumstances...) Hope it gets to feeling better soon.

As for me, well, my bathroom counter has become covered/cluttered with peed-on sticks. 'Cause I like to compare, to make sure it's progressing.

Today makes a week since my bfp. With the amount of money spent, I think it's about time to stop. And for my own sanity (but I'll also be going crazy without it).

I don't need a week's worth of old tests lying around in the open or taking up half a drawer. So- I think it's time for me to part with them. The other times I parted with mine were at the end of pregnancies, so this is a big step for me. (Constantly comparing, remember? sigh. i really am a poas addict)

So- I took one test from each day, made a photo record of the week's progression, and into the trash the tests go. It's a little bit liberating...

Attachments

• frerprogression.jpg
    frerprogression.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 16
Hey ladies, what is the difference between a doppler ultrasound and a regular one? If it is higher quality, I will definitely be purchasing it.

I think they're both the same as they both. Work on the principle of ultrasound waves. Seems they vary from 20 pounds up to 50-60 on amazon. The more expensive ones have a screen so you can see the heartbeat waves... I was looking at reviews for cheap one which are good, some say picked up hb at 7.5 weeks with a lot of patience... Soooo tempted to get one but think dh might go mental! He worries about my obsessive nature :shrug:

SCgirl, those lines look great hun! :hugs:
I am glad you decided to stop poas, those darn things can get so expensive!! When do you go in for your first doctors appointment?

Good news Pix! (Well, I guess as good as it can be, given the circumstances...) Hope it gets to feeling better soon.

As for me, well, my bathroom counter has become covered/cluttered with peed-on sticks. 'Cause I like to compare, to make sure it's progressing.

Today makes a week since my bfp. With the amount of money spent, I think it's about time to stop. And for my own sanity (but I'll also be going crazy without it).

I don't need a week's worth of old tests lying around in the open or taking up half a drawer. So- I think it's time for me to part with them. The other times I parted with mine were at the end of pregnancies, so this is a big step for me. (Constantly comparing, remember? sigh. i really am a poas addict)

So- I took one test from each day, made a photo record of the week's progression, and into the trash the tests go. It's a little bit liberating...

This made me chuckle!! Beautiful beautiful photo! The best sight you could ever want to see! :happydance:

I've had two hcg betas, and they had a doubling time around 50 hours, so the nurse said that's good. I'm supposed to go in on 5/22 (6w1d) for an early scan to confirm the pregnancy (b/c of my history). Then the kind of intro / educational / big (usually) first visit is between 8-10 weeks.

I think they're both the same as they both. Work on the principle of ultrasound waves. Seems they vary from 20 pounds up to 50-60 on amazon. The more expensive ones have a screen so you can see the heartbeat waves... I was looking at reviews for cheap one which are good, some say picked up hb at 7.5 weeks with a lot of patience... Soooo tempted to get one but think dh might go mental! He worries about my obsessive nature :shrug:

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Hey ladies, I read something in another thread about 5 minutes ago. Did you know that your chance of a miscarriage drops to 2% after 9 weeks? I wanted to share it in case there is anyone who is concerned about that. Maybe to ease some minds.

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12 <-- I've been using this site- i know it's not entirely accurate, but it makes me feel a bit better as a general guideline...

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12 <-- I've been using this site- i know it's not entirely accurate, but it makes me feel a bit better as a general guideline...

6.6% chance for me so far. I have to say, just seeing the numbers makes me feel more at ease. Thanks for sharing that website! I bet a lot of ladies will find that reassuring.

Hey ladies. So is anyone else peeing like a race horse??? Because I definitely am lol

Yes! And feel really sick tonight. Do u ever wonder if it's all in your head though? I do!

Anyone planning to get a Doppler for checking hb later on? Undecided if good idea or not...

Im the same always wondering if the sickness is just in my head so that i have a symptom. I bought a doppler when i had my first miscarriage because i sold my previous one after my daughter was born. Not thinking i would need one so quickly. It arrived the day i gave birth to my sleeping angel...went straight in the loft. Will get it doen agin at 9 weeks if i get that far. Xx

Hmmmm looks like this thread moves so fast that some peoples posts get ignored. I could take offence girls lol. Hope you are all good anyway x

Hi tui, I feel like that on some threads too. How are you doing? Still symptom free? Xx

Hey ladies. So is anyone else peeing like a race horse??? Because I definitely am lol

Yes! And feel really sick tonight. Do u ever wonder if it's all in your head though? I do!

Anyone planning to get a Doppler for checking hb later on? Undecided if good idea or not...

Im the same always wondering if the sickness is just in my head so that i have a symptom. I bought a doppler when i had my first miscarriage because i sold my previous one after my daughter was born. Not thinking i would need one so quickly. It arrived the day i gave birth to my sleeping angel...went straight in the loft. Will get it doen agin at 9 weeks if i get that far. Xx

Bless you, sorry to hear about your losses :hugs:
Try to think positively, you will get to 9 weeks and then 40 weeks! I know it's hard sometimes though. I'm sure we're not crazy with symptom spotting - surely I can't imagine bigger boobs and peeing more??! Xx

Haha. I saw boobs and chocolate. :) and it made me smile.

It doesn't 'appear' fractured.

*whew* no surgery. Was terrified of this.

Extreme strain. And immobilization for 4 weeks then physical therapy.

Also. I've stopped wearing a bra. Because the boob jail was making it worse. Feels good to be free. ;-)

Glad you don't need surgery

I'm the opposite in the boobs department . Dread taking my bra off. The walk once I take it off to go to bed is crazy painful each night

Thanks for sharing that chart scgirl

Pix, glad you don't need surgery,
sunshine hope dh is ok, your news will cheer him up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back