*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

I need advice or some assurance, please. I've been pretty laid back with my pregnancy. I'm not looking into every little thing and just letting nature take it's course. But yesterday, there was a lot of stress. Without getting into it (it would take a lifetime to explain), overall, I got very stressed by my in-laws. The brother, mother and even a little bit of the father. It was a terrible situation. So bad that my husband has cut ties with his brother and isn't currently speaking to his parents. Well, during this "incident" my heart started racing. I felt a panic attack coming on and since I can't take my anti-anxiety meds, I did my best to calm myself down with deep breathing and walking around/outside the house. After an hour or so, everything calmed down for the evening. As we're laying in bed to go to sleep for the night, I started getting a cramp on my left side. I've had light/dull cramps on and off throughout this pregnancy, but this was more of a sharp pain, on the side. I finally fell asleep and it seems as though it started up again this morning. Probably because work has also been stressful. It's not consistent and is just random. I just want to know if any of you have experienced sharp but not too painful, one sided cramps? And if everything has turned out ok so far. Thanks ladies!! I'm holding off on calling my dr unless the pain gets bad or if I start bleeding.

Sorry hun, totally missed this post :hugs: I'm sure the stress didn't help but as long as you're not bleeding I'm sure everything is fine. Definitely speak to your dr though if you're worried at all :flower:

SMandel - I got sharp pains in my left side a week after my BFP, they weren't sore as such they just took me by surprise a little bit, I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sorry your going through so much stress at the moment too, hope things get better for you soon. :hugs:

Yey Mrs H, glad everything is ok.

I'm sorry maggz, I hope everything is ok xx

SMandel I'm sorry about all the family stress, I hope it sorts itself soon. I've had a couple of stabby pains too.

Well I haven't had anymore brown discharge, but did spend half the day stressing because I'm sure my boobs don't hurt as much and I'm a bit crampy. Anyone else cramping? I've had twinges etc but not as much cramping like this, quite dull, not painful I'm just aware of it.
I don't have my first doctors app until friday, they can't fit me in earlier. My mum has said she would pay for a reassurance scan, and I was going to leave it until about 9 weeks, but with all the stress I'm thinking I should just book it for this weekend when I'm 7 weeks? What would you ladies do?

I've been relatively chilled this whole time so far, but seeing the brown discharge yesterday has really shaken me up, and I'm convinced now that something bad is going to happen and I'm fretting at the slightest thing :nope:

Sadakos - how nice of your mum, If it's what you feel you need to do then I'd go for it, I've had a seven week scan before and we saw quite a bit. I wouldn't be too alarmed by brown blood it's usually old blood but I know it's hard not to panic, I've been there myself. Do what you feels right :hugs:

Yay well I'm back from my scan, as far as they can see there's only 1 and measuring 5-6wks but back next Monday for a rescan just to check on size/dates yolk sac present & a very decent size couldn't see much else but sonographer thought it could've been hiding behind but I need to pee that much she didn't want to keep pressing haha she said it didn't matter anyway as I'd be coming back next week, feel so much better now & I'm not changing my ticker or edd until I've got a definate date as with my 3yr old at early scans I measured 2wks behind what I thought then it got back on track so I'm leaving it for at least until next week xx

That is great news to hear!! :hugs: I bet you feel like a ton has been lifted off your shoulder huh?

Since this is my first time dealing with this I would appreciate your opinion guys. Should I go to the ER?

I need advice or some assurance, please. I've been pretty laid back with my pregnancy. I'm not looking into every little thing and just letting nature take it's course. But yesterday, there was a lot of stress. Without getting into it (it would take a lifetime to explain), overall, I got very stressed by my in-laws. The brother, mother and even a little bit of the father. It was a terrible situation. So bad that my husband has cut ties with his brother and isn't currently speaking to his parents. Well, during this "incident" my heart started racing. I felt a panic attack coming on and since I can't take my anti-anxiety meds, I did my best to calm myself down with deep breathing and walking around/outside the house. After an hour or so, everything calmed down for the evening. As we're laying in bed to go to sleep for the night, I started getting a cramp on my left side. I've had light/dull cramps on and off throughout this pregnancy, but this was more of a sharp pain, on the side. I finally fell asleep and it seems as though it started up again this morning. Probably because work has also been stressful. It's not consistent and is just random. I just want to know if any of you have experienced sharp but not too painful, one sided cramps? And if everything has turned out ok so far. Thanks ladies!! I'm holding off on calling my dr unless the pain gets bad or if I start bleeding.

Sorry hun, totally missed this post :hugs: I'm sure the stress didn't help but as long as you're not bleeding I'm sure everything is fine. Definitely speak to your dr though if you're worried at all :flower:

No worries!! It's easy to miss posts on this thread. :) Thank you!!

SMandel - I got sharp pains in my left side a week after my BFP, they weren't sore as such they just took me by surprise a little bit, I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sorry your going through so much stress at the moment too, hope things get better for you soon. :hugs:

Not that I'm happy to hear you also had the sharp pains, but it does make me feel better. They seem to be less and less now. I notice when I start thinking about the whole situation, they get worse. So now I'm just keeping my mind busy. Thank you!!

SMandel I'm sorry about all the family stress, I hope it sorts itself soon. I've had a couple of stabby pains too.

Well I haven't had anymore brown discharge, but did spend half the day stressing because I'm sure my boobs don't hurt as much and I'm a bit crampy. Anyone else cramping? I've had twinges etc but not as much cramping like this, quite dull, not painful I'm just aware of it.
I don't have my first doctors app until friday, they can't fit me in earlier. My mum has said she would pay for a reassurance scan, and I was going to leave it until about 9 weeks, but with all the stress I'm thinking I should just book it for this weekend when I'm 7 weeks? What would you ladies do?

I've been relatively chilled this whole time so far, but seeing the brown discharge yesterday has really shaken me up, and I'm convinced now that something bad is going to happen and I'm fretting at the slightest thing :nope:

Thank you!! Sorry to hear about your stress too!!! I feel so silly sometimes because really, my life is really stress-free and easy compared to other women. But I'm sure you know how your mind can just get away from you sometimes. :haha:

How lovely of your mum :cloud9: honestly, I'd get it done at 7w. That's when I'm having mine :haha: there won't be a lot to see, but there'll be a definite heartbeat and they'll be able to give you an almost accurate EDD too (which will probably be changed at your 12w scan anyway, but what the hell!). At 9 weeks, it's a longer wait to not see much more difference and then 3 weeks later you'll have your dating scan, going at 7w will break the wait up more evenly :)

Since this is my first time dealing with this I would appreciate your opinion guys. Should I go to the ER?

How far along are you now maggz? If you're in a lot of pain I would, just so they can check you over and possibly give you a scan. Make sure the pregnancy is in the womb, etc :flower: if you are mc'ing, and I really hope that isn't the case :(, they wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it unfortunately but some medical advice and a possible scan might be worth the trip :flower:

How lovely of your mum :cloud9: honestly, I'd get it done at 7w. That's when I'm having mine :haha: there won't be a lot to see, but there'll be a definite heartbeat and they'll be able to give you an almost accurate EDD too (which will probably be changed at your 12w scan anyway, but what the hell!). At 9 weeks, it's a longer wait to not see much more difference and then 3 weeks later you'll have your dating scan, going at 7w will break the wait up more evenly :)

How far along are you now maggz? If you're in a lot of pain I would, just so they can check you over and possibly give you a scan. Make sure the pregnancy is in the womb, etc :flower: if you are mc'ing, and I really hope that isn't the case :(, they wouldn't be able to do anything to stop it unfortunately but some medical advice and a possible scan might be worth the trip :flower:

I'm 5w3d today... I'm not in a lot of pain but I' have some pretty strong cramps and bleeding.

Holy cow! It's hard to keep up with this thread after being gone all weekend! The wedding we attended actually ended up being a lot of fun. Besides having a metal taste in the back of my throat occasionally, I didn't have much for nausea. Tired, but not too terribly so. I even stayed up with all my friends and danced until 1a.m.! Nips are getting sorer though, so that makes me feel good. Appetite is still weird....I seem to be really into meat these days! Like buffalo wings and shredded beef:) I have to eat when I feel like it, not at normal scheduled meal times....otherwise I just feel disgusted while I'm eating. Sometimes I wonder if this stuff is in my head?

sethsmummy-You were one of the ladies on one of the TTC threads I was stalking....glad to see you in here!!

SMandel-sorry to hear about the stress. I get panic attacks occasionally and they are so difficult to deal with! The pain you are feeling might be due to good old fashioned muscle tension from anxiety, or due to the uterus stretching. I've had plenty of little pains here and there, and cramping too. Unless the pain is unbearable or you have bleeding, I'd wait it out. One of the positives of this pregnancy I have been noticing is that my anxiety has actually been better...I don't worry about panic attacks really anymore...although I am still worrying about many other things pregnancy related:) Hopefully that will kick in for you soon too!

Ugh I am only 4-5 weeks but bad lower back pains why??

I am also in the hospital now due to something else and I know they will do a scan here ughh..

I had an appendectomy in feb and been having probs ever since related to that. But they cannot do a CAT scan they say....

Now, I am cramping...lovely! Not...

Thanks for the welcome girls. It hadn't sunk in earlier that I am actually pregnant, but now I'm officially in a group and have the signature and everything, it seems more real all of a sudden!!

Sorry some of you are having a stressful time First trimester is always the worst isn't it :(

I remember my first pregnancy being on knicker watch for weeks, running to the loo with every bit of CM, thinking it was going to be blood. Hoping I will feel more relaxed this time around as I know what to expect more. Have got doctors tomorrow so hoping they will refer me for an early scan like last time (I have had a previous ectopic)

MK

I am also in the hospital now due to something else and I know they will do a scan here ughh..

I had an appendectomy in feb and been having probs ever since related to that. But they cannot do a CAT scan they say....

Sorry to hear you're in the hospital!! Hope whatever's going on gets resolved. As far as the back pain goes, I definitely have had some of that. One one day in particular it was pretty bad, I was even thinking of taking something for it, but eventually it went way. Pretty sure it's normal and just the uterus stretching.

Holy cow! It's hard to keep up with this thread after being gone all weekend! The wedding we attended actually ended up being a lot of fun. Besides having a metal taste in the back of my throat occasionally, I didn't have much for nausea. Tired, but not too terribly so. I even stayed up with all my friends and danced until 1a.m.! Nips are getting sorer though, so that makes me feel good. Appetite is still weird....I seem to be really into meat these days! Like buffalo wings and shredded beef:) I have to eat when I feel like it, not at normal scheduled meal times....otherwise I just feel disgusted while I'm eating. Sometimes I wonder if this stuff is in my head?

sethsmummy-You were one of the ladies on one of the TTC threads I was stalking....glad to see you in here!!

SMandel-sorry to hear about the stress. I get panic attacks occasionally and they are so difficult to deal with! The pain you are feeling might be due to good old fashioned muscle tension from anxiety, or due to the uterus stretching. I've had plenty of little pains here and there, and cramping too. Unless the pain is unbearable or you have bleeding, I'd wait it out. One of the positives of this pregnancy I have been noticing is that my anxiety has actually been better...I don't worry about panic attacks really anymore...although I am still worrying about many other things pregnancy related:) Hopefully that will kick in for you soon too!

Thank you!! Overall my anxiety has been great. I had a panic attack the day I got my BFP and then yesterday's bit of stress. Otherwise, I'm cool as a cucumber. Does anyone say that anymore? :haha: After hearing from you ladies, I'm feeling much better!! Thank you. :thumbup:

I hope everything is ok!!!

Looks like I'll be bowing out :( wiped away blood this morning am hoping it will stop but it was definitely more than spotting :(
Kinda wish I had waited to test since this is so disappointing... Still hoping for a miracle but I'm just so down right now :'(

Hey sweetie :hugs: I am really sorry to hear about all of this going on with you. Keep your head high! Don't lose hope.

Hcg dropped to 8.. so I guess I'm out of the Jellybeans.. Good luck ladies!

Hcg dropped to 8.. so I guess I'm out of the Jellybeans.. Good luck ladies!

I am really sorry to hear this hun :hugs:. Good luck in the future, keep your head up high and don't give up!

Hi everyone! I'm 24 and this is my first pregnancy and according to my last AF I'm due Jan 15. I just made my first prenatal appointment for next week! This wasn't a planned pregnancy so I'm a little nervous yet still excited. I've been engaged for 5 months. The wedding is February 2015 and I've been with my fiancé for 6 years. We were planning to start TTC this time next year but obviously those plans didn’t work out lol. And our wedding date will most likely change too, either before or a few months after the baby.

Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->