*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Speak to your doctor if you are concerned at all 0203 :hugs: even if it's just for some reassurance. I do get some pulling and stretching that can take my breath away at times, but it's all normal from what I can remember with my daughter's pregnancies x

I know I'm a few post behind everyone, but I'm not having dtd with my boyfriend till I know everything is okiee, we did it a couple of times but had such bad pain I'm too scared now. He has taken it well but isn't happy. Lol. Congratulations to everyone with btp in the last few days. Xxxx

When I had my first consultation with the nurse, she told me to wait to dtd until it's been two weeks since my spotting. So starting Monday we'll be good to go again:) Hubby doesn't seem too interested though...I think he's a little freaked out to have sex with a pregnant woman for the first time:haha: I'm a little scared myself, have no clue what it will feel like! Hopefully I'll just be o'ing nonstop if it's anything like what some of you other ladies are describing, lol!
Sounds like a great day lolly!

Has anyone got any good aversions? I can't eat a proper meal, I'm trying to eat one as we speak, beef hot pot and chips, and the chips are knocking me sick! What is going on? On the plus side I've lost 7 pounds from living off toast and crisps :haha:

Aversions has pretty much been my biggest pregnancy symptom. All I'm interested in is cheap CRAP. Mcdonald's, Taco Bell, pizza, Chinese. The thought of having a nice meal(like a steak or homecooking) is kinda disgusting to me! I had a bad aversion to sweets for about a week, but that's gradually getting better. I feel bad for eating junk, but I've actually lost weight so far because I can't eat large portions. I hit a wall while eating. I'll be enjoying it and loving it, then all of a sudden will feel disgusted/queasy and have to stop. Last night I felt the crappiest I've felt so far. Nausea and stomachache. Morning sickness is so weird...it's like a category all in it's own. I would liken it to feeling like you're about to have diarrhea, but then don't. Don't know if that makes sense? lol

Today's flying by for me, but then again the whole week has!

Hopeful, Arghhh men :grr: they really don't think sometimes!

Kiwi, that's awful. I hope it gets sorted soon :hugs: I am sometimes a little jealous, but I do think it's great how you ladies in the US get unlimited amounts of scans etc etc but in cases like this I'm just glad we have the NHS here and we don't have to worry about these things. So you won't get seen at all until the insurance is all up and running and accepted?

It is true, I have to wait until my insurance is worked out until I can be seen by anyone other than the emergency room. Good news is that I can probably print out proof of insurance to use right away until my new card gets here. There is 1 place I could go, but the last time I was there for my yearly the receptionist treated me like crap so I refuse to give those places my money.

The doctor only scheduled me for an early scan because I've already had 3 early losses, and wants to use it to confirm my pregnancy. As far as I know, they usually do the first between 8-10 weeks, and another at 20. Sometimes one around 32.

There are some places to get private scans where I live, but the earliest they'll do one is 11 weeks, and they want proof that you're under a doctors care and have had previous scans...

Actually, I live not too far from you (right above you hehe howdy neighbor!) and I have found many many places that do it as early as 6 weeks. Also, just because they do not "normally" do it until 8-10 weeks does not mean you can't request to have a scan whenever you want. Remember you are a paying customer, just because they say one thing for "standard" procedure does not mean you can't go outside of it. I got early scans because I thought I was having a miscarriage and they already knew it was my first child with no previous mc. As for private OBGYN's, I have noticed that most are indeed private. At least in my area they are.

Today's flying by for me, but then again the whole week has!

Hopeful, Arghhh men :grr: they really don't think sometimes!

Kiwi, that's awful. I hope it gets sorted soon :hugs: I am sometimes a little jealous, but I do think it's great how you ladies in the US get unlimited amounts of scans etc etc but in cases like this I'm just glad we have the NHS here and we don't have to worry about these things. So you won't get seen at all until the insurance is all up and running and accepted?

It is true, I have to wait until my insurance is worked out until I can be seen by anyone other than the emergency room. Good news is that I can probably print out proof of insurance to use right away until my new card gets here. There is 1 place I could go, but the last time I was there for my yearly the receptionist treated me like crap so I refuse to give those places my money.

The doctor only scheduled me for an early scan because I've already had 3 early losses, and wants to use it to confirm my pregnancy. As far as I know, they usually do the first between 8-10 weeks, and another at 20. Sometimes one around 32.

There are some places to get private scans where I live, but the earliest they'll do one is 11 weeks, and they want proof that you're under a doctors care and have had previous scans...

Actually, I live not too far from you (right above you hehe howdy neighbor!) and I have found many many places that do it as early as 6 weeks. Also, just because they do not "normally" do it until 8-10 weeks does not mean you can't request to have a scan whenever you want. Remember you are a paying customer, just because they say one thing for "standard" procedure does not mean you can't go outside of it. I got early scans because I thought I was having a miscarriage and they already knew it was my first child with no previous mc. As for private OBGYN's, I have noticed that most are indeed private. At least in my area they are.

I have basically had a scan every other day this week. The NP understands why I am a wreck this time around and being that I have had three losses, they know it keeps me a little sane. I have gotten to see the hb twice and yesterday heard it at 105bmp and hope it keeps going up and strong. Last m/c I heard it twice too, so it does little to calm my nerves. My NP won't see me again until 8 weeks unless I want another scan but a I figure I will stay outta their hair for now lol..

Plus I go see a high-risk OB on Monday and I am sure he will wanna do a scan. I am fx that this baby aspirin/progesteronr regimen thingy I am doing is working. I only take 800mcg folic acid and an extra 2 or 3 400mcg pills of folic acid...wondering if I need to take more lol

Hey ladies, I was able to read all of the replies to me. Thank you all so much for being so concerned. To answer some of your questions, yes I was denied care. The reason i was denied care was not that they did not take my primary and secondary insurance. It was just that they did not take them together. Apparently a lot of places in my area (Cary, NC) are like that. The reason is, is that I have government insurance and a lot of places don't like taking it for some reason. I honestly think taking medicare and medicaid should be required since its given out by the government but alas here in the US its not and it makes no sense at all.. It is so messed up that barely any clinics take my government insurance.. So now the only option I have is to pay $300 extra a month for secondary insurance. I am getting it through blue cross blue shield and its called "medigap". I am so upset that I even have to have a 3rd insurance just to get treated.

Also congrats and welcome to all you lovely ladies joining the group :hugs: <3

I'm in Pinehurst, NC! :)

I have basically had a scan every other day this week. The NP understands why I am a wreck this time around and being that I have had three losses, they know it keeps me a little sane. I have gotten to see the hb twice and yesterday heard it at 105bmp and hope it keeps going up and strong. Last m/c I heard it twice too, so it does little to calm my nerves. My NP won't see me again until 8 weeks unless I want another scan but a I figure I will stay outta their hair for now lol..

Plus I go see a high-risk OB on Monday and I am sure he will wanna do a scan. I am fx that this baby aspirin/progesteronr regimen thingy I am doing is working. I only take 800mcg folic acid and an extra 2 or 3 400mcg pills of folic acid...wondering if I need to take more lol

At 7+2 I got the hb and it was 140. The reason it calms me down is because I have never had a miscarriage (at least none that I am aware of) and have no reason to believe I will. I wish you the best of luck keeping calm until 8 weeks :hugs:.

Hey ladies, I was able to read all of the replies to me. Thank you all so much for being so concerned. To answer some of your questions, yes I was denied care. The reason i was denied care was not that they did not take my primary and secondary insurance. It was just that they did not take them together. Apparently a lot of places in my area (Cary, NC) are like that. The reason is, is that I have government insurance and a lot of places don't like taking it for some reason. I honestly think taking medicare and medicaid should be required since its given out by the government but alas here in the US its not and it makes no sense at all.. It is so messed up that barely any clinics take my government insurance.. So now the only option I have is to pay $300 extra a month for secondary insurance. I am getting it through blue cross blue shield and its called "medigap". I am so upset that I even have to have a 3rd insurance just to get treated.

I've had Medicaid for a couple of my pregnancies and the reason that some Drs don't accept it is because Medicaid only reimburses up to a certain amt regardless of what the normal charge is. So, the dr might have to provide a service that costs 100.00, but Medicaid May only reimburse 50.00 . There's nothing to make up that other 50. I live in Indiana and most of the offices around here accept it, no problem. Are there any offices in ur area that do??

I've had Medicaid for a couple of my pregnancies and the reason that some Drs don't accept it is because Medicaid only reimburses up to a certain amt regardless of what the normal charge is. So, the dr might have to provide a service that costs 100.00, but Medicaid May only reimburse 50.00 . There's nothing to make up that other 50. I live in Indiana and most of the offices around here accept it, no problem. Are there any offices in ur area that do??

There are areas that accept Medicaid but the problem is because I have medicare I can't use Medicaid as a primary. So I end up having to find a place that accepts Medicare primary, and medicaid supplemental. Those places are actually really rare. So what I have decided to do is get Medigap, I go in on Monday to talk to a rep about it to give me some more information and hopefully get started with a plan. Medigap will be my supplemental insurance. Then I will have no problem finding a place that will take it since Medigap is from a private insurance company (blue Cross blue shield), instead of relying on both government insurance.

I actually live in Seven Lakes but Pinehurst is more recognizable, lol. I moved down here from NY about 3.5 years ago. :)

That is so awesome!! How do you like it here in NC? Now that I moved to Cary, there is really nowhere else I want to go. Everything is so nice here and so clean you could lick the ground lol.

There are areas that accept Medicaid but the problem is because I have medicare I can't use Medicaid as a primary. So I end up having to find a place that accepts Medicare primary, and medicaid supplemental. Those places are actually really rare. So what I have decided to do is get Medigap, I go in on Monday to talk to a rep about it to give me some more information and hopefully get started with a plan. Medigap will be my supplemental insurance. Then I will have no problem finding a place that will take it since Medigap is from a private insurance company (blue Cross blue shield), instead of relying on both government insurance.

I actually live in Seven Lakes but Pinehurst is more recognizable, lol. I moved down here from NY about 3.5 years ago. :)

That is so awesome!! How do you like it here in NC? Now that I moved to Cary, there is really nowhere else I want to go. Everything is so nice here and so clean you could lick the ground lol.

Haha!! How beautiful this place is, was the first thing I fell in love with. We absolutely love it here!! You can definitely lick the ground in some places!!

Haha!! How beautiful this place is, was the first thing I fell in love with. We absolutely love it here!! You can definitely lick the ground in some places!!

Have you ever been to Cary?

I used to work for Hilton Worldwide at home and booked in NC alot haha.

I was born and raised in Las Vegas but living here in Tampa, FL.

I have had medicaid and it is 100% medicaid and covers practically everything OB related.

I have had medicaid and it is 100% medicaid and covers practically everything OB related.

Medicaid is not the problem. The problem is I have Medicare as a primary insurance and I can't literally can't switch my primary from medicare. I can only switch my supplemental insurance. So with that being said, medicaid is my supplemental insurance not my primary. Medicare is really weird and restricts you a lot. The problem with medicaid as my supplemental insurance which is standard for people who have medicare in North Carolina, is that they do not take Medicare primary and medicaid supplemental. They will only take them separately. Meaning, they will only take medicaid or medicare as a primary. You can't have medicaid as a supplemental. A lot of OBGYN are this way apparently. The only reason i can think of for why it is that way is because medicare and medicaid are both government insurance.

I need a supplemental insurance because medicare only pays 80% not including deductibles. I have already figured out a solution tho! So no worries at least for now.

I'm in Pinehurst, NC! :)

Medicaid is not the problem. The problem is I have Medicare as a primary insurance and I can't literally can't switch my primary from medicare. I can only switch my supplemental insurance. So with that being said, medicaid is my supplemental insurance not my primary. Medicare is really weird and restricts you a lot. The problem with medicaid as my supplemental insurance which is standard for people who have medicare in North Carolina, is that they do not take Medicare primary and medicaid supplemental. They will only take them separately. Meaning, they will only take medicaid or medicare as a primary. You can't have medicaid as a supplemental. A lot of OBGYN are this way apparently. The only reason i can think of that it is this way is because medicare and medicaid are both government insurance.

I need a supplemental insurance because medicare only pays 80% not including deductibles. I have already figured out a solution tho! So no worries at least for now.

Great! Sounds like you have it all figured out so that will be one obstacle outta the way! Woot! :)

Nice to see some peeps stateside too xx

Great! Sounds like you have it all figured out so that will be one obstacle outta the way! Woot! :)

Yeah I am happy about that too!! I barely see anyone from the US on BnB. I decided I am going to go with Medigap which is a supplemental insurance plan offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield. After I get that sorted out hopefully I will not have any issue being accepted anywhere that takes Medicare as a primary.

It's crazy how complicated insurance is. Here in Canada medicare covers pretty much everything without question, the only thing I need you use my private insurance for is some testing that goes beyond the norm and to get much faster blood test results. I hope everything gets sorted for you quickly!

Yeah I am happy about that too!! I barely see anyone from the US on BnB. I decided I am going to go with Medigap which is a supplemental insurance plan offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield. After I get that sorted out hopefully I will not have any issue being accepted anywhere that takes Medicare as a primary.

I'm from Georgia! My sister lives in nc, though!

Went to the hospital and my HCG is 11 :/
They said no evidence of pregnancy on U/S and could have lost early.

I thought my period was April 15 but I just remember it was the 20th. They based in from the 15/16th so I could just be early and can't see anything on ultrasound because of being early.

Nervous...

Gotcha! Read the part about Medicare as Medicaid. Hopefully things will run smoothly now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->