KEEPING IT REAL *TEAM - IT WILL HAPPEN* Join me in the journey ladies! :)

Hey girls just trying to cathch up on both threads.

I not a smoker but i can imagin its very hard to stop i remember my mum doing it think she quit 7 years ago.

Well i still have no sign of af and the cramps seem to have gone now, if she is going to come just wish she would hurry up so i can start this month fresh.

Im with you guys too if af shows i doing no charting or checking at all just want to relax and stop stressing about ttc it will happen at the right time.

Hope your all well this morning.

hiya, i dunno if u would rather be called ya real name or pip squeek lol, but i am a smoker and wanna quit but ive tried a few times now.....i think ill start by cutting down or limiting my self to same amount or less each day.....
and when r u due to test?? i really hope af doesnt come for you xx

good morning ladies, hope you all had a better nights sleep than I got. So much on my mind at the mo - mainly school and I am meant to be on holiday!! go figure??

Anyways - lots to do today, need to get out before the rain and thunder storms arrives

Has anyone tried accupunture before? Read about lots of ladies here who have been for accu and then got their bfp. So just intruiged.

hiya, i dunno if u would rather be called ya real name or pip squeek lol, but i am a smoker and wanna quit but ive tried a few times now.....i think ill start by cutting down or limiting my self to same amount or less each day.....
and when r u due to test?? i really hope af doesnt come for you xx

Oh i dont mind either Name i chose pip squeek because thats what i named my bump before isaac was born lol.

Well i cant decide when to test again i think if af has not arrived by sunday i will test then because i will be just short of a week late then

good morning ladies, hope you all had a better nights sleep than I got. So much on my mind at the mo - mainly school and I am meant to be on holiday!! go figure??

Anyways - lots to do today, need to get out before the rain and thunder storms arrives

Has anyone tried accupunture before? Read about lots of ladies here who have been for accu and then got their bfp. So just intruiged.

Morning

Ohh accupunture iv not heard this before but think i would be too chicken to get it done ha ha

Well, I have never been a smoker and never touched alcohol in my life ever. My brother smokes - I get so annoyed of the fumes as soon as he enters my room. I start coughing - oh sensitive lungs. Although, I have smoked a few times when I was in school - but didn't liked the idea as I used to get sick whenever tried. :rofl:

Also, I am underweight. Whoever looks at me even a stranger - they're like oh dear you are so skinny don't you eat something? Comeon get some flesh on. :rofl: Oh and I do not look like a skeleton either - I'm just skinny! :haha:

Hun, will do a little research about it and let you know.

P.s - I'm trying so hard to remember names but I keep mixing them up. :D

FragileDoll that was like a little rant there, hope ya feel better and got it off ya chest haha :p
And my Husband dont smoke.....i do ...but cutting down but i will try harder as i dont think its fair on him or the kids,,,,i gotta do it!!!

Hey all u smokers....let's make a plan to quit/cut down k? We will talk tomorrow since ur going to bed. Its early here :)

I agree - I heard about some chewing gums for smokers. Nicotine Chewing Gum (also known as Quit Smoking Chewing Gum) is one medication for the treatment of nicotine dependence. Nicotine in this form acts as a nicotine replacement to help smokers quit smoking. Each piece of Quit Smoking Chewing gum is a form of Therapeutic Nicotine. This means it replaces some of the nicotine your body and brain are used to getting. The level of nicotine is lower than cigarettes and allows your body to gradually adjust to having less nicotine until you no longer need any.

Nicorette, quit smoking chewing gum helps you wean yourself from nicotine by allowing you to gradually decrease the daily dosage until you stop using Nicorette altogether. Nicorette chewing gum is available in two strengths: 2mg and 4mg. Strenght of your quit smoking chewing gum depends on how many cigarettes you smoke per day.

My brother used them - he quit it for 6 months.

I didn't knew about acupuncture, so did a little research and this is what I found out.

Enhancing Fertility with Chinese Medicine

By Kumiko Yamamoto, L.Ac., Dipl. OM

Conception is an incredible event involving many intricate processes that depend on a well-functioning physiology. Getting pregnant is a smooth journey for some and a challenging one for others. When a couple is not able to conceive after one year of trying, the condition is called infertility. At this point, many couples turn to reproductive assistance. In the U.S., infertility affects approximately one out of every six couples, according to the American Pregnancy Association. For those having difficulty with conception, about onethird of cases are due just to the man, one-third to just the woman, and the remaining third involve issues with both.

Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), including acupuncture and herbal medicine, has been shown to optimize many aspects of the physiological functions associated with infertility. The most common cause of female infertility is infrequent or absence of ovulation. According to studies conducted at Shanghai Medical University in China, acupuncture helps to harmonize the relationship between the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, thus normalizing ovulation. As well, adequate endometrial thickness and uterine artery blood flow is essential for successful embryo implantation, and acupuncture can help increase both. Chinese herbs, such as angelica sinensis root and rehmannia root, are often used for regulating a woman’s ovulation cycle and promoting a healthy uterine lining.

Dealing with infertility is stressful for many couples, and stress has an impact on the reproductive system too. TCM is extremely effective for managing stress. Acupuncture can decrease the stress hormone cortisol and increase endorphins—hormones that create a sense of wellbeing and relaxation. TCM is not only beneficial for women in their journey towards motherhood. It is also very effective for men—helping them increase sperm count, improve sperm motility (movement), morphology (shape), and even enhance sexual interest.

Many couples undergo modern fertility treatments such as intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) to help them get pregnant. Chinese medicine has been proven to enhance these fertility treatments by strengthening the overall health of the body making it more receptive to the procedures. According to a study in the British Medical Journal, the use of acupuncture as a complimentary therapy with IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by up to 65%.

I have asked a few ladies - they either say they never tried or don't like the idea of numerous needles struck to their body. I, myself fear needles/vaccines. :blush:

FragileDoll that was like a little rant there, hope ya feel better and got it off ya chest haha :p
And my Husband dont smoke.....i do ...but cutting down but i will try harder as i dont think its fair on him or the kids,,,,i gotta do it!!!

Haha yes there was. PHEW! My DH don't smoke even. Good luck hun! :hugs:

thanks FD - am planning on having lunch and wondering into town to see a chinese doctor - Recommended by my best friend. So will let all know how it goes.
I must admit that i am not keen on the nasty smelling and tasting teas!!! but will try the accu!

yeah skweek35 would be interesting to find out more...prices and what they say etc...

it does sound interesting would like to know if it really works

skweek35- You'll have to let us know how the acupuncture works. Although I am afraid of needles...Here is a positive quote for the day:

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

During this ttc journey I sometimes get down and forget I already have a lot of blessings in my life. Hope you ladies have a great day!

skweek35- You'll have to let us know how the acupuncture works. Although I am afraid of needles...Here is a positive quote for the day:

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
Charles Dickens

During this ttc journey I sometimes get down and forget I already have a lot of blessings in my life. Hope you ladies have a great day!

ur right there....i should think of my blessings i have....dont get me wrong i do! but should when i feel down more so xx

Fragiledoll--- I soooo hear you! I knew the odd's from waay too much time on the net but DH was in a bit of denial. He's sweet and tries to understand but to be real they can't. After I gave myself a 2wk cycle :brat: from symptom spotting and stressing it came to me that i need to find a way to relax!! From strained relationships with females in my family and my best friend going thru a divorce i've had NO ONE to talk to so all you ladies in here are a god send!!!! Next cycle is coming up and i'm gonna do everything i can to not have the usual breakdown when :witch: shows up in the next day or two.

Next month :witch: better look out :gun:

I feel the same. The thing is when you make the descision to do it, rather than it just happening unplanned, you want to go in with your eyes open (so to speak). Plus, having all the info is just in my nature. Always a plan and I don't leave things to chance. Oh well.
It will happen!

Today starts the "watching for spotting" mode. According to last month and the month before I'm due to start my Pre AF spotting today or tomorrow. Still in BFN status. :(

Fragiledoll--- I soooo hear you! I knew the odd's from waay too much time on the net but DH was in a bit of denial. He's sweet and tries to understand but to be real they can't. After I gave myself a 2wk cycle :brat: from symptom spotting and stressing it came to me that i need to find a way to relax!! From strained relationships with females in my family and my best friend going thru a divorce i've had NO ONE to talk to so all you ladies in here are a god send!!!! Next cycle is coming up and i'm gonna do everything i can to not have the usual breakdown when :witch: shows up in the next day or two.

Next month :witch: better look out :gun:

I feel the same. The thing is when you majestic the descision to do it, rather than it just happening unplanned, you want to go in with your eyes open (so to speak). Plus, having all the info is just in my nature. Always a plan and I don't leave things to chance. Oh well.
It will happen!

The smiley with the guns at AF is hilarious! I am the same way about having to have all the facts and plan things out. I really think its hurting me this time though no one I know that has a baby or is currently pregnant obsessed or planned it out like I have been soo I am going to relax this month! Or try to! easy to say now as I am CD 2 haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->