LTTTC while feeling left behind Room - Welcome

Hi phrum thanks for the welcome.

I will do a mini intro as on my phone.

As a couple we are on cycle 8 of TTC this may not sound long term but we got help at 6 months TTC as I have known problems. I TTC for nearly 3 years with my ex and had one early MC and one ectopic.

I was also diagnosed with PCOS. I had my right tube removed due to my ectopic. My left tube has flow but is damaged from an infection after my first loss, I contracted PID.

The stage we are at at the moment is OH has his SA next week, we get our results a week after, then we will have a plan of action. My GP doesn't really want to give me clomid so I'm hoping he may refer us straight to IVF. But I'm worrying it we will get funding. Also been thinking a lot about doing an egg share cycle.

I'm 25, OH is also 25, we aren't married or engaged yet (although OH bought a ring a couple of weeks ago so I know it's coming!)

Think that's enough for now.

I also had my smear/pap the other week and the nurse told me my cervix didn't look right/it was inflammed/cysty so I have an internal with the doctor next week to check this.

xxx

Hi Ash and Becca! :hi:

Glad you have joined us. Congrats on starting IVF. I hope and pray you get your bfp soon Ash.

Becca: You've been through a lot I see as well. I like the name of your blog. Very catchy :rofl: Hang in there honey. We're here for support, laughs and anything else you have. :hugs:

Phrum: Hi darling.

Lekker: My statement that I'm trying to go by that a friend told me.."keep it moving". She says that if I stop to try to catch the wind it will pass me by. Meaning always try to look forward and keep running toward the future. :hugs: It's hard to do that sometimes but then what other choice do we have.

Appointment went GREAT this morning. I'm doing my trigger tonight, they haven't told me when yet, they're going to call me and let me know when they get the results of my b/w. I'm supposed to go in tomorrow morning to make sure that I haven't ovulated yet which I'm sure I won't and then retrieval on Friday sometime in the morning (it depends on when I do my shot tonight, so if I do the shot tonight at 10pm I'll go in friday morning at 9am to have the procedure at 10am)! I'm so excited, but so nervous now ... it's all VERY surreal! It took me so long to get to this point, I'm so happy it's here but want everything to go smoothly and also don't want to have too much pain after the procedure! My mom is going to try and make it here in time for the procedure but we're really not sure she's going to be able to get into the city because of this hurricane stuff ... the NJ transit isn't running and that's how she normally gets here...

Oh and I forgot, he measured 5 follicles but we saw so many more, and they're all around 15-20mm.

I hope you are all well this morning!! I'm actually going to lay down for a little bit, I'm feeling uncomfortable from all of this medicine and bloat so I will do personals later!

congrats girl. You will be PUPO in no time. I'm so excited for you. Go take a rest and come back and let us know how you are feeling. We know excited!!!

Hey everyone and welcome to the new girls. I don't have much time for a proper update, but I'm still waiting on AF and found out my FS doesn't do egg sharing, so the closest would be minneapolis.

Good luck to everyone on their new endeavors and sorry to those with sucky stuff going on. :hugs: and :dust: to all of you.

PS: ashknowsbest...I like your screen name...my name is ashley too ;)

Hiya Ladies!!!

Welcome to all of the new ladies!! I too was looking into egg share Gdane..too bad it is so far away for you.. is it something you are still considering?
I scheduled for November 12th to see my old fs that I used to see years ago just to see if he had any options...during this process I found out that they do egg share and it is 5,000 per share which would really help us if we ending having to do ivf...I am seriously looking into this..I also have an ob appt tomorrow just to see if he wanted to me to still do a lap or anything else..

Tonight is trick or treat in my neighborhood and I have only had 3 kids ugh..this crumby weather probably isnt helping

Girls ... I'm a tiny bit worried.
My nurse called me tonight with my ovidrel instructions. I'm supposed to give myself the trigger at midnight and then I have to go in tomorrow for b/w and u/s to make sure that everything is ready to go and then I go in Friday for the retrieval at 11AM but the actual retrieval is at 12 noon. This is what I'm nervous about .. she told me that my estrogen was through the roof and that they were going to put me on dostinex for 8 days to make sure that it didn't go much higher because the higher it is the more at risk you are for OHSS. Right now I don't have any symptoms of OHSS and she said that she honestly thinks I'll be fine because they're putting me on the dostinex but now I'm all freaked out that they're going to have to freeze all of my eggs because they won't transfer them if I already have OHSS ... craziness!! Please hope for my sanity that we don't have to freeze them and do an FET! I've been waiting for this for so long I would just be so upset!

:hi: becca welcome :) sorry to hear you have gone through a long journey Hun :hugs: we are all here for you :)

:hi: ash nice to see you over here :) yay for trigger but I am really hoping that you don't have OHSS Hun :hugs: I really hope everything goes smoothly for you from now on :hugs:

teddy I hope that you're okay hunni? :hugs: I hope this natural cycle bring you a surprise :hugs:
Glad counselling is doing you good Hun I really am :hugs:

:hi: 4magpies what a journey you have had :hugs:

gdane hey Hun :) Sorry they don't do egg share not close to you :hugs: COME ON AF OR BRING GDANE A :bfp:

here how are you? I hope that you're well??

pook good luck for tomorrow I hope that they have a plan for you :hugs: I had one set of kids at my door and there's loads round here what a shame :(
The fs wouldn't give my oh clomid and got him straight off testosterone! Improvement in the result is always good Hun I personally suggest vits :)
Also sleep apnea- is that lack of sleep? Soz for being dumb :haha: my oh has major troubles with sleep!

phrum how are you doing Hun??? Gl Friday and Monday :hugs: glad the cream is helping your skin and hair :)

sorry if I've missed anyone I haven't read through properly :dohh:

My only update is-
I'm 1dpo :) triggered Tuesday :)

Today I got the call from the nurse- my AMH results are back already (like 5 days later) im eligable to egg share!!!! she couldnt tell me my level but she said it must be good enough to go to the next stage, I have a counselling appointment on Nov 5th and I can find my levels out at my fs appointment on nov 15 :)
I've to do one more HIV test to do end of jan and they will find me a match in the meantime :) so next year at some point we will be going ahead with it all thank god!

During sleep apnea episodes you constantly wake to catch your breath...you don't get much REM sleep...but who knows
not going to the fs until the 12th when I return from my trip, but today is the ob appt I just want to find out if he thinks another lap is necessary
talked to hubs a little more about egg share...I think he is on board with it

Well I just got back from my last b/w u/s with my doctor and everything is good to go. He measured 5 follicles and they were all ranging from 17-21mm. He said I should expect to get about 14 eggs which I'm happy about :) He said not to worry too much about OHSS, he didn't mean to scare me but that the dostinex is just a precautionary measure since my estrogen is high they just want to make sure that I'm not going to get a bad case of it. So tomorrow is the day :happydance: I'm still nervous but that's normal, going to try to rest and relax as much as possible today. Oh and for those that like to hear about numbers, my estrogen was 5,138 yesterday.

Ash..I"m happy for you. I see how stressful the whole IVF thing can be. Well you're on your way. I pray things are cheesy easy from here on out. Keep updating us on your experience.

HI all my other wonderful friends. I hope you guys are well. I'm just so freaking lazy. I know that was totally out the blue..but I'm so lazy. :rofl:

Hi everyone! i hope you are all doing well! Hopefully i get time to read and get updated on everyone this weekend :hugs:

I had my sonohysterogram today. Everything was clear and looked good! There isn't any sign of fibroids or any fibroid growth, and no abnormalities! So i'm glad to hear that. He said that spotting at 10dpo "isn't too terribly bad." Hmm, that still sounds bad to me. :wacko: Since there technically isn't any reason they can find for the spotting and everything has been checked, it must be due to stress. Sigh. Its been very stressful so it could be. He wants me to move on to injectibles but i'm not sure on the specifics on what. Someone is supposed to be calling me about it but i'm not worried about it. I'm not even willing to try that route until after the new year.

Great news, Teddy! I was thinking about you and wondering how it went today. And also good to hear Ash's good news!

Here, nice to hear from you, too. Your comment about being lazy made me smile. :)

AFM, my numbers today were good, I think! At 6dpo my estrogen was in the 500s and progesterone was 27.7. So, no supplements needed yet. Back on Monday for more tests.

Hope you lovelies all have a wonderful weekend!

Just got back. I'm doing okay. A little nauseous from the anestesia but other than that, I'm good. Uhm ... I was a mess of nerves the whole time in the waiting room and then when I got into the room where they do the procedure I calmed down because it was pretty relaxing in there. My doctor came in, said hello and next thing I knew I was out like a light. No pain during the procedure obviously since I was knocked out and then I was waking up in recovery. They got 25 eggs! I am in a little pit of pain but it just feels like I'm about to get my period. I'm going to rest for the day, thanks for the well wishes and I'll let you all know how many fertilize by tomorrow.

Pook How did your appointment with the OB go?- Do they think you need another lap?
So great to hear that your oh is on board with the egg sharing :) we might end up cycle buddies :happydance: will you discuss it with your fs at your appointment?

Here I am exactly the same with being lazy :haha: its all this tiring ttc! Hope youre well :hugs:

Teddy It's great that you everything was clear soooo happy for you :hugs: Injectables have helped me so much hun I can even ovulate without them- I hope you decide to try them after the new year, well actually I am hoping more than anything that you have your :bfp: before the new year :hugs:

phrum Great news about your numbers :hugs: I hope that this will be your last cycle and yay for no supplements :)

ash 25 eggs!!! WOW go you- you had some busy ovaries!!! I can imagine being so nervous about the whole thing bless you I know I will be exactly the same :hugs:
Get plenty of rest hun, I will be thinking of you and I hope loads of your eggs fertilize by tomorrow :hugs:

Hi Scerena :) my OB appointment went well...the ob doesn't think another lap is necessary at this time, he thinks that we need to focus on the probs with hubs and he suggested possible ivf-with icsi if the fs agrees..he says since I ovulate and everything that I should be just fine with everything, considering that my tubes are open and such!
It would be amazing to have a cycle Buddy :) I think I will O tomorrow or the next day but I have a 16 or so day lp...I am on cd 18 I believe!
How are you doing?? I go to the fs on the 12th to see what he thnks and I signed up for the egg sharing orientation but not sure when it is??

Ash- Way to go on 25 eggs, I hope I do well like that! How many are you planning to transfer? or are you not sure yet?

Here- I am lazy all the time lately myself LOL

Teddy- I am so glad about the test coming back clear...they will never know what the spotitng is, I have went years tying to ask dr to dr. no one knows lol I have just come to terms with the fact that it must just be a part of me lol hopefully it doesn't relate to us getting our bfps.

How is everyone else and Hiiii!

pook Great news that you dont need another lap hun :hugs: It is really good that your ob is focusing on your hubs considering that you ovulate :)

So we will be TWW buddies sounds great :happydance:

I have my follow up appointment with my fs on 15th nov, so not long after you :)
I hope the orientation isnt too far away so that you can get things moving along :hugs:

I have my 1st egg sharing counselling appointment on monday- I know all about the egg sharing but they will make sure me and oh know all whats to come and how we feel about it all etc- I hope I dont cry as I did on a normal fertility counselling appointment :dohh:

Sending plenty of :dust: your way :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"