***November 2019 Babies!***

Lovely scan cin! Henry was going to be our middle name but then we found out DH’s sister already took it. We’re really struggling with names this time. We had one for our daughter by now. We were team yellow with her so we picked a name that we loved for either a boy or a girl. We’re stumped with this little boy though. I had a name I liked, and I thought DH liked it too but then he changed his mind and I looked up the meaning and ick so back to square one. DH has a name he likes now, but it’s not my fav. It’s one from our gender neutral list, but I honestly liked it more for a girl. We know we want his name to start with a C, so that helps narrow it down. We didn’t plan it but both DH and I have names that start with C and the name we ended up loving for baby #1 starts with a C. Can’t let baby boy be left out of the C club, so we’re sticking with it now. Definitely open to suggestions here.

My 20 week scan went fine! He was always measuring slightly less after my 12 week scan, but he measuring further now so I think hes gonna be a tall boy like his daddy! Judging that picture of his leg I think its true!

Scan took over an hour to complete and it nearly had to be rebooked because baby refused to move! Was only when we was about to go home he decided to move and the sonographer completed the scan! What a stubborn little man! Still wondering about a middle name, baby will called Enzo, and I really love Enzo Valentino, my partners like do you want him to get bullied hes not even Italian hes bloody Portuguese/Welsh hahaha I love that name though he sounds like a formula 1 driver :lol: or an Italian mafia boss hahaha! I will find a middle name for this poor baby ♡

inCollage_20190619_081251545.jpg

Oh and I've just been working out in my head, that all of us now due in November are actually in 2nd tri! We've all made it past the danger zone atleast, I'm pretty sure the last week of november would be 16 weeks now? My maths isn't brilliant, but what a nice thought that we are actually all in the same trimester now ♡

I love everyone's bumps! So adorable.

Cinderella, what an adorable little guy your Henry is! Dont worry about the bump, it'll come! First bumps take forever for most women. For me, it was like 20-21 weeks when my first "popped". This time it was like 14 weeks, haha. Oh, and I thought I would be bummed that my second and final kiddo is a boy as it means no girls for me, but I have been SMITTEN with the experience of my first son. He is such a little lovey mama's boy and the sweetest most affectionate little thing. We are not the "boys will be boys, be a man, be tough" types at all with our kid so he doesn't act like people say little boys are usually. I think it's all in the upbringing. He is sweet, polite, thoughtful, clever, kind, and a little teacher's pet. I WILL say that boys are so much more physical than most girls, that's held true. He climbs me like a little ninja, and he loves with his whole body... no little henpeck kisses or side hugs here, he grabs your face and gives big slobbery kisses and squeezes his whole body against mine for hugs and snuggles. It's really the best. So I love that I get another sweet little boy. And there ARE a ton more clothes for girls, but we dress our son sweet and smart, not like in sports gear type outfits, so we get the benefit of him looking adorably cute too.

And yay for all of us being in second tri, like HLx mentioned. :) And HLx, your pics just loaded for me so I had to come back and edit to say how adorable he is! I love his long little legs and toes! So precious!

I have 6 more days until my anatomy scan. I'm so ready to see this little boy again! I can feel him every day now, little wiggles and rolls, which is the best. It means I don't use my doppler at all anymore as I have constant reassurance that he's good and well in there.

Overall, I'm just feeling really lucky. After having losses and fertility challenges and so many friends who are desperately trying month after month, I feel so incredibly lucky to be having our second little babe and that so far everything has been normal and healthy. So this is a great stage for me! No more nausea, no major symptoms, can feel baby move, but not so big that I'm uncomfortable all the time. Lol.

All these scan photos are making me so excited for my scan on Tuesday.
@HLx beautiful photos, such long legs! Definitely going to be a tall boy. And I know how you feel about names. We've got the boy name sorted but cannot agree on a girl name.

I'm just back from a lovely week in the sun, feeling relaxed. Still keeping well, not felt baby kick yet so I'm excited for that stage.
We went furniture shopping today for the nursery, just because we were both off and I can't stand the shops at weekends! I think if all goes well at the 20 week scan we'll start getting the nursery sorted.

So glad all you ladies are keeping well and I can't wait to see more of your beautiful scan pictures soon

@MissDoc hes going to be like his daddy with them legs! Hes 6ft 4 and I'm only 5ft 3 with little legs hahaha! Good luck at your scan in 6 days! I'm the same with my doppler now, I don't use it, baby boy is constantly using my insides as a punch bag, and his kicks are getting in a bit of a routine already, first thing in the morning and last thing at night he goes crazy in there!

@Jft1 - Ohhhh I hope you had a nice holiday and pigged out on absolutely everything you could eat! Hahaha I'm the same, hate shopping at the best of days never mind on weekends, I guess that comes from working in retail lol!

Hey ladies,

It's great seeing everyone's scans and bumps, and yayyy for us all being in the 2nd trimester. I've been MIA due to a lot of traveling lately, but now I'm stationary for a while. I'm 19+2 now, my anatomy scan is next Tuesday, I can't want to confirm my baby girl (we did the sneak peak) so that I can buy up the girl section at Target! Lol

I'm definitely showing now, still hiding my bump at work with cardigans, as I haven't announced at work or on social media yet, but soon. No crazy symptoms, Dr. put me on a stool softener for the constipation, as it was giving me cramps because she said my uterus had no where to expand to, those are helping but not as much as I'd like, so prune juice has been my friend. It's good to see all of you ladies coming along in your pregnancies, we're almost halfway there! Yayyy!!!

Last edited:
@Harmony16 - ohhhh gosh constipation has been a problem this pregnancy for me too! I've been fine in previous pregnancies but this one I'm so clogged, and I eat so much better than I have done before i was pregnant! When do you plan on telling work hun?

Yea the constipation has been worse for me this time too. I mentioned to my ob and thought about requesting a stool softener, but I’ve actually been cycling so it’s more like IBS-M and I think a softener might just make it worse. Instead I’ve been trying a low/limited FODMAP diet and I think it’s helping. It’s only been a few days though so time will tell.

Anyone already starting to get acid reflux? I don’t remember it being bad until 3rd tri with my daughter, but this time it’s already creeping up.

Yea the constipation has been worse for me this time too. I mentioned to my ob and thought about requesting a stool softener, but I’ve actually been cycling so it’s more like IBS-M and I think a softener might just make it worse. Instead I’ve been trying a low/limited FODMAP diet and I think it’s helping. It’s only been a few days though so time will tell.

Anyone already starting to get acid reflux? I don’t remember it being bad until 3rd tri with my daughter, but this time it’s already creeping up.
The acid reflux is killing me!! The only real symptom I have and it's horrific!!

Yup! I'm back to sometimes throwing up in the morning due to the acid reflux! I have to take a ranitidine before I get up in the morning otherwise I throw up burny hot liquid :( I never suffered with my first, and my son I just had some heartburn towards to end, this is so bad!

Aww lovely scan photos girls.

I love the name Henry and agree with everyone else who says that raising boys is truly amazing. They are so affectionate and love their mums. I have 2 and the bond they have is something special.

I like the middle name enzo too! It’s cute. I love that your boy has super long legs. My hubby is 6 foot 4 too so I hope my boys grow tall like him. Your acid sounds awful. Wonder why it’s so much worse this time.

Harmony we did the sneak peek too and then confirmed with a gender scan as I didn’t trust sneak peek but it was right. I did it twice, once at 9 weeks and again at 10.5. I still don’t trust my gender scan though. Anomaly scan is on Monday. I really hope it’s right as I’ve already bought lots of clothes.

I’m a bit worried tonight as I had a year out of date cafe curl (the wafer tubes you stick in ice cream with chocolate in the middle). It tasted off so I checked the best before date and it was May 2018!!! I only bought them the other day... now I feel sick and I’m panicking about the baby being affected by food poisoning. Hopefully it will be ok.

@bobster - hooray for tall hubbies haha! My daughter is the same, 7 and on the 99.9th centile for her height, my son is 50th centile for height so pretty average, atleast me and my son can be shortys together against all the tall people in the house haha! I'm just 5ft 3, my mum is pretty tall and my dad is short, I took after him i guess lol! Even the babys legs were measuring days ahead! God help me, I will be trampled by my children, they will lose me in crowds hahaha

I think the wafer you are should be okay hun, their not that big and atleast it wasn't meat or anything that could seriously harm you, I'm sure baby will be fine after that, as long as you don't go eating anymore lol

@Harmony16 - ohhhh gosh constipation has been a problem this pregnancy for me too! I've been fine in previous pregnancies but this one I'm so clogged, and I eat so much better than I have done before i was pregnant! When do you plan on telling work hun?

I was very irregular before pregnancy, so the hormones are just making it that much worst. I don't plan on announcing at work until I can't hide it anymore, right now, I can still cover up with a sweater since the office is always so cold. My direct supervisor knows, but I too am a supervisor and I haven't told me team yet.

Acid reflux hasn't kicked in yet, had it Miley before pregnancy, Dr put me on 3 mos of pantoprazole and it helped a lot. I've just been having heartburn after tomato sauce, and pizza has been a major craving, so no good at all! Lol
Aww lovely scan photos girls.

I love the name Henry and agree with everyone else who says that raising boys is truly amazing. They are so affectionate and love their mums. I have 2 and the bond they have is something special.

I like the middle name enzo too! It’s cute. I love that your boy has super long legs. My hubby is 6 foot 4 too so I hope my boys grow tall like him. Your acid sounds awful. Wonder why it’s so much worse this time.

Harmony we did the sneak peek too and then confirmed with a gender scan as I didn’t trust sneak peek but it was right. I did it twice, once at 9 weeks and again at 10.5. I still don’t trust my gender scan though. Anomaly scan is on Monday. I really hope it’s right as I’ve already bought lots of clothes.

I’m a bit worried tonight as I had a year out of date cafe curl (the wafer tubes you stick in ice cream with chocolate in the middle). It tasted off so I checked the best before date and it was May 2018!!! I only bought them the other day... now I feel sick and I’m panicking about the baby being affected by food poisoning. Hopefully it will be ok.

Definitely good to know the sneak peak result was confirmed at your gender scan. I hope ours is too. And I think you'll be fine, things like that are ok well beyond their sell by date (def wouldn't eat anymore tho).

This thread is really moving fast now! I think Ive read everyones updates.

I havent heartburn yet but last pregnancy i had it third trimester and lived on Tums. Ive had a little constipation. I think my worst issue is itching and insomnia. I'm so tired but cannot fall asleep. And my stomachs been so itchy and then when i cannot fall asleep everything else starts itching!

All genetic tests came back negative or low risk. Yay. But after last pregnancy I almost developed post partum preeclampsia. So dr wanted a 24 hour urine protein test so i had to keep all my pee in a jug for 24 hours. Fun. And that test came back as high protein so OB put me on a baby aspirin.

Half way there today! 20 more weeks to go ♡

20190622103005.jpeg

I'm half way too, I had nothing this morning but I think I have a bit of bloat tonight/ the start of a bump.
We started the nursery today too, I was excited at first but then I got stressed out when we couldn't agree on where everything should go etc haha
Ps. Excuse my pyjamas!!

D312F42F-0EEB-4FDC-AABA-DDD3B60B1312.jpeg

Lovely bump girl! You can see that's a bump you cant deny that! Hahaha! I live in my pjs, especially my dressing gown as soon as I walk through the door I put it on hahaha ♡

Aww, loving the bump updates. And yay for you guys that have crossed the half way threshold!! It looks like a few of us are having scans tomorrow, huh? I hope they all go beautifully. I'm so excited to see this little boy again.

Ugh the constipation. I need to do something about it. I think I'll pick up some prune juice and colace today. It's driving me crazy, I constantly feel bloated and crampy. I only stool well like once a week right now, and any other times barely anything comes out. No reflux yet, thankfully. But I do get the all over itchiness at bed times. Especially my thighs. It drives me nuts!

Yay for those of you starting on nurseries. We have done NOTHING. In a couple weeks we'll get moving on it!

Here's my 19+2 bump...

EEAFBF1A-FAD1-4461-989B-A3B8DA14B5E3.jpeg

Love the bump dates ladies! I'm 20 weeks today, anatomy scan tomorrow, can't wait! I finally announced on social media and at work today. Let's see if it allows me to post the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->