***November 2019 Babies!***

Hey everyone! How’s everyone doing? Loving seeing everyone’s scan pictures! (I’ll add mine in a minute! Lol)

Welcome DrJo!

Jft1 - I think boy too, I’ve been looking at lots of nub pictures seeing if I can figure mine out, and I think yours looks boyish (though I could be very wrong with what I think the nub is!)

AFM: I’ve been really sick still, I’m trying every sickness remedy going, and prescription meds but still spending most mornings throwing up and the rest of the day so nauseated I can’t bring myself to eat. I’m forcing one meal a day but it’s hard work. I’m really hoping that eases soon! I’d lost 8lbs, but put 6 back on despite not really eating and my middle is thicker so baby is clearly growing!

Had my 12wk scan a few days ago, baby is perfect and I’m massively in love. Was initially facing the wrong way so had to go for a walk and do some jiggling about and eventually it turned. I’d convinced myself I’d get a high neck measurement (I just worry about everything) but it was perfectly within range (1.7mm) baby was crossing its legs and waving. I’d love a girl, but I think baby is a boy and I keep saying ‘he’ when referring to it so maybe my body is telling me something! lol I won’t find out until 17th June so ages to go yet.
I told my bosses at work and they’ve been great, promising to look after me. It’s first baby in my team for some time so they’re pretty excited! Haven’t told my colleagues yet but plan to when I hit 14wks as I get back from holiday then!

Hope everyone is well!

View attachment 1061063
That's lovely, so glad baby is doing well. Beautiful scan photo, I'd say boy just because the forehead looks a bit more flat, but I could be totally wrong, I'll be very interested when you find out! I'm not going to find out, but the suspense is killing me lol. My husband keeps referring to baby as he so I think we're both convinced.
That's not so good about the sickness. I've been so fortune I've had no sickness at all. I've gone off quite a lot so I've not felt like eating. But no sickness.

Hope all you other ladies are doing well

I'm really hopeless at posting on this thread!

I'm a bit concerned, I've booked a private gender scan for a week Wednesday when I'll be 16+4, the place I'm using the earliest you possibly have to be is 16+4, my issue is when I had a check up scan last Monday I should have been 14+2 but baby measured 13+5, I'm worried they've got my dates wrong and if that's the case on the day of my gender scan I'll be 16 weeks and not 16+4 and I've just wasted money.

I'm really hopeless at posting on this thread!

I'm a bit concerned, I've booked a private gender scan for a week Wednesday when I'll be 16+4, the place I'm using the earliest you possibly have to be is 16+4, my issue is when I had a check up scan last Monday I should have been 14+2 but baby measured 13+5, I'm worried they've got my dates wrong and if that's the case on the day of my gender scan I'll be 16 weeks and not 16+4 and I've just wasted money.
Can you not move the scan by a week? Im sure you'll be fine though, have your dates not changed a couple of times? I'm sure they'll be able to tell the gender and if not they might just rearrange with you. I've seen some people who have went for scans and they've not been able to get good pictures so they've went back a week later without charge. Fingers crossed for you hun

Jft - I admire your patience! lol I mean, I’d like a girl but I’m not going to be disappointed if it’s a boy - but there’s no way I can wait to find out. This 4 weeks seems like ages as it is!

Hlx - that seems really odd them requesting 16wks4d - the place I’m going just said 16wks. I’ll be almost 17 by the time I go because of work but could have had it on exactly 16. Anyway, I’m sure they’ll still have a go even if you measure a few days less, they know dating isn’t an exact science! I was measuring 4 days behind and I’m now measuring 1 day ahead, and it’ll probably change again when I next see them! You could always call and ask what their policy is if your measuring behind, our place gives a full refund if you cancel 48hrs in advance!

I was going to move it to a week later but due to work I cant! Plus its half term the week of the scan and I want my 2 children to come along! I think I'll go and explain the situation, maybe they they be able to tell anyway, all my scans so far has been super super clear so fingers crossed, if not hopefully they will arrange it for another time, as it's not my fault about this mix up in the size of baby haha

Can you not move the scan by a week? Im sure you'll be fine though, have your dates not changed a couple of times? I'm sure they'll be able to tell the gender and if not they might just rearrange with you. I've seen some people who have went for scans and they've not been able to get good pictures so they've went back a week later without charge. Fingers crossed for you hun

My dates have annoyed me! At my early scan I got pushed back 3 or 4 days but the sonographer admitted she struggled to measure correctly and to stick with my lmp dates my dating scan was pushing forward 4 days and she checked 4 times and in great detail due to baby being in an awkward position but after 4 goes it kept showing as being 12+4 and she was happy. My check up scan at 14+2 was a 30 second job and felt it was rushed, so who knows, the lady who done my dating scan did my dating scan with my 2 other children funny enough and she was always bang on

I had my first OB appointment a few days ago. My midwife found baby's heartbeat right away! My next appointment is in 4 weeks, along with my 1st trimester screening. I'll have an ultrasound, so I'll be able to see what's going on with the second gestational sac. At my 7+5 scan, it appeared to be a non-viable twin. Nausea and vomiting are still in full swing.

Oh my gosh, so much catching up to do! Loving everyone's scans and positive updates. These babies are coming along!!

HLx I think you'll be totally fine even if it's 4 days off. I did a private scan and their minimum was 14 weeks, and I was 1 day before that and they were still fine to see me.

DrJo, so good to see you! Yay for a third little babe, and making it into the double digit weeks! Glad to have you in November.

As for me all is well. Still nauseated off and on but not as bad. Babe still measures totally on track, SCH has resolved, and started feeling him move yesterday. Which is crazy as I didn't feel it with my first son til 19/20 weeks. But it's very distinct and undeniably baby movements. It's so cool to be doing this for a second time and feeling like I have my sea legs with pregnancy as not every little thing is new and novel, and I can just settle in a bit and enjoy it, especially being past the first tri now and feeling movements. Good stuff! I DO need to chill out my weight gain though. I gained 50 lbs lbs with my first and really would like to avoid doing that this go round, but am already up 7.5 at 14 weeks, so need to reign things in a bit! Definitely have been eating allllllll the food.

I have an OB appt tomorrow. No scan, just a regular follow up, and I'll be talking to her about the potential cesarean given my birth injury and what that might be like and at what point we would schedule it, etc.

Oh my gosh, so much catching up to do! Loving everyone's scans and positive updates. These babies are coming along!!

HLx I think you'll be totally fine even if it's 4 days off. I did a private scan and their minimum was 14 weeks, and I was 1 day before that and they were still fine to see me.

DrJo, so good to see you! Yay for a third little babe, and making it into the double digit weeks! Glad to have you in November.

As for me all is well. Still nauseated off and on but not as bad. Babe still measures totally on track, SCH has resolved, and started feeling him move yesterday. Which is crazy as I didn't feel it with my first son til 19/20 weeks. But it's very distinct and undeniably baby movements. It's so cool to be doing this for a second time and feeling like I have my sea legs with pregnancy as not every little thing is new and novel, and I can just settle in a bit and enjoy it, especially being past the first tri now and feeling movements. Good stuff! I DO need to chill out my weight gain though. I gained 50 lbs lbs with my first and really would like to avoid doing that this go round, but am already up 7.5 at 14 weeks, so need to reign things in a bit! Definitely have been eating allllllll the food.

I have an OB appt tomorrow. No scan, just a regular follow up, and I'll be talking to her about the potential cesarean given my birth injury and what that might be like and at what point we would schedule it, etc.

I do hope so! Btw you can change my date on original page to the 9th if you wish! :) I really hope baby plays ball as I'm taking my 2 children with me as well, I'll be gutted if we leave and they dont know! Haha

Miss doc - yay for the sch being gone! I’m nearly 17 weeks and probably up 10lbs already. I gained like this with my first (even though I was terribly sick) and ended up at a perfect 35lbs but my ob kept commenting on my weight and worrying me throughout the whole thing *eye roll*. My cousin who is a nurse with an md husband gained 50lbs and just said your body does what it needs to do. I much preferred her attitude. She started small, so maybe get body just had some extra growing to do!

I have my 16 week appointment today. My allergies have been awful and they say all the otc stuff is safe, but I’d like to stay off it if I can. Also going to ask about safe treatments for hemorrhoids. Mine were bad after delivery and are acting up again more now with this pregnancy. Otherwise it should be a quick appointment followed by a second tri blood draw. My first tri results were low risk so fingers crossed that stays the same!

Hi ladies! I have been pretty MIA lately and thought I would check in to see what you all have been up to! Sounds like everyone is moving along great! Can you believe it is 2nd trimester already?!

We had some major flooding in our basement a few weeks ago that left us feeling super overwhelmed with baby being due in 6 months. Yesterday, had a contractor come out to the house and it looks like we will be able to begin the renovation in just an amount of days! Definitely a sign of relief!

I hope everyone is doing well! I cannot wait to start feeling baby kick! Knowing that we are getting closer makes me even more anxious :)

Hi ladies! How's everyone doing?

Ive been feeling so much better! So happy to be in the second trimester. Next appt is in two weeks. Will do a genetic screen as just like to be prepared. But think we are going to stay team yellow. We have plenty of gender neutral clothes. And need to buy things such as double stroller and new car seats so going to save money for those.

Anyone else finding out gender soon?

Found out last week but got it confirmed yesterday... definitely team blue ♡

IMG_20190529_114331_546.jpg

Congrats Hannah! Did you have any specific preference this time?

Dogmommy and MissDoc, so glad you’re feeling better. I’m still waiting for the second tri improvement to happen... I don’t think it’s going to any time soon.

MissDoc, what did your OB say about your birth plan?

AFM - still very sick, but starving hungry every few hours so hoping the sickness passes soon. Have my high risk OB appointment on Tuesday, interested to see how they manage my pregnancy with my genetic conditions. I haven’t told my colleagues yet because I’m really struggling with it, I hate being centre of attention so I’m dreading all the fuss. Got my blood results back and everything is low risk which is good news! Still convinced baby is a boy, only 18 days until I find out!

@Cinderella I had no preference as long as little bub is healthy :) I did think it was a girl from the very beginning though! And I was kind of hoping for a sister for my daughter, as I already have a little boy, her dad has just had a little boy and now I'm having another boy lol! So poor monkey has 3 brothers!!! But she realises shes my only girl and how close we are and always will be, and that she has all these brothers to watch it for her :)

And good luck to all ladies having gender scans soon, cant wait to find out what everyone is having! It seems to be a team blue epidemic at the moment hahaha we need some more little ladies! Out of all the people I know pregnant atm and theres a few around the same time as me (must have been the love month of February for conceptions) only 1 is expecting a little girl! The rest of us are team blue! My good friend who's due 5 days after me has her gender scan tomorrow, I bet shes team pink too! Hahaha :)

Hey ladies! Glad to see everyone's updates!

-Cinderella, hope your sickness lifts soon!
-HLx, congrats on a little boy! Your daughter will get to be the ruler of the boys! I joke that I'll be the queen of the house as I'll have all boys. Even our cat is a boy. Lol.
-Dogmom, good luck on your genetic screening. I always feel so much better after those! And how fun to stay Team Yellow. I could never do it. Lol. I love knowing! But I always think it's super fun when people choose to wait.

As for me, my doc was very relieved I considered cesarean. She thinks that's the safest option given my severe birth injury, but did let me know that if I labor and deliver that quickly again there is a risk this baby is coming vaginally no matter what, and the second I feel a contraction to get to the hospital if it happens before my 39+2 scheduled surgery date.

A little nervous thinking about what we'll do with our son as neither of us have family near or easily accessible. But we'll figure it out. I think I'll want our husband to be home with our son as much as possible rather than stay with me the whole hospitalization like he did last time.

My anatomy scan is in about 3 weeks at 19+3. Really looking forward to that. It's about 40-60 for elective scans so may get a couple of those throughout this pregnancy just to check in on the little nugget. I like the reassurance. Did one about 2.5 weeks ago and he was rubbing his little eyes and waving his hand at us. Trying to hold out for the next doctor visit scan though and put the money to better use, lol. Feeling good for the most part. Other than being terribly constipated and having a tough time sleeping. I've now felt baby move, which is like 5 weeks sooner than I felt my first kiddo. But it's still inconsistent movement as it's so early. So nice to feel though!

@MissDoc Omg queen of the house I love it! Hahaha, it's just me and my princess with all the testosterone! At least there's shopping to do and the boys can go do manly things like... I don't know, eat me out of house and home??? Hahaha

Miss Doc did you already get your c section date?? That would be so nice. It's so hard at the end and knowing your date would be so nice!

I also started feeling movement. Can't remember when I did with DD but I think it's much sooner than with her. I also haven't announced it, Ive been looking on Pinterest for some ideas but I hate being center of attention so really dragging my feet. The close people in my life know but whenever I eat anything I blow up and you can totally tell so it's going to be out soon! Genetic screen next and next US in 5 weeks! Time is flying and dragging at the same time :/

Good luck with all the upcoming 20 month scans/appts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->