+++ November 2019 testing thread +++

@Teafor2 sorry AF got you, all the best for your next cycle!

@Danizzychar I see those, fx!

I got this today. My Ava hasn’t synced properly so I don’t know what my temp is doing which is frustrating. I’ve had cramps for a couple of days but no AF yet :shrug: I’m 13DPO if I go by the OPK.

242A791F-73FB-499A-9142-696B5022AAA3.jpeg

@Teafor2 sorry AF got you, all the best for your next cycle!

@Danizzychar I see those, fx!

I got this today. My Ava hasn’t synced properly so I don’t know what my temp is doing which is frustrating. I’ve had cramps for a couple of days but no AF yet :shrug: I’m 13DPO if I go by the OPK.

View attachment 1072694
I see something faint maybe you ovulated later>? that looks really light for 13 dpo fx it gets darker hun

6 dpo bfn as I expected not sad or anything I did not get my first positive with Madison till 9 dpo :D And my mc I had no idea till the day af was due cause we werent trying then. Still have cramping , boobs hurt backache and ultra gassy today . Will be testing everyday still just incase :D

Just took a clear blue and its bfn going to phone gp and request some bloods

I see something on that jelly!

I didn't test this morning I almost did cause when we were in bed last night I had strong cramping like af could have started right then made it hard to fall asleep but woke up to more red spotting so I didn't she is def coming!! I think she will show sat app says sun. Gl to everyone still testing and getting blood work soon.

AF doesnt show til around 11 for me lol, now its the waiting game, just wanna get period over with lmao!!

AF doesnt show til around 11 for me lol, now its the waiting game, just wanna get period over with lmao!!

Ah the waiting game!

I feel like AF is here. Pink spotting became light brown and then dark brown (old blood) today. I usually get old blood for a day or two, or just a few hours before AF.

All other ‘symptoms’ still intact but the darker the bleeding the more I feel like I’m out. We’ll see how the day progresses.

Ah the waiting game!

I feel like AF is here. Pink spotting became light brown and then dark brown (old blood) today. I usually get old blood for a day or two, or just a few hours before AF.

All other ‘symptoms’ still intact but the darker the bleeding the more I feel like I’m out. We’ll see how the day progresses.

Sorry about the spotting. I hope its not af :(

Has anyone in here been trying for more than a year? If so, what is your Drs plan? What country are you from and is it normal to do a lot of testing after a year of trying? In US we have to "try" for a year before they will do anything for us.

I've been TTC for almost 9 years. I'm from the US. I went through IVF in 2018 from the surplus we got from selling our first home. I have four blastocysts left on ice, but one of them is a mystery and we're not sure if it's viable. I've gone through three blasts already, had two pregnancies from those and both failed. :cry:

It's pretty common to have a whole slew of tests done by REs (fertility doctors) before they will treat you. They do this for a number of reasons, but mainly to inform any plan they do give you. For instance, an HSG will see if your tubes are blocked. A 3D ultrasound will be able to see your uterus better than a normal ultrasound and tell you what shape its in. In my case, the 3D ultrasound showed that I have a unicornuate uterus. All of the normal ultrasounds I've had in my life before that one didn't reveal this information which was infuriating.

Doctors will give you a plan based on your tests. You might need to start taking thyroid meds, or perhaps your issue is just PCOS in which case they'll give you something like clomid or letrozole and hormone replacement therapy to get you to ovulate and prime your body for pregnancy. Treatment goes from "low-tech" (drugs plus intercourse) to "mid-tech" (IUIs), to "high-tech" (IVF). Obviously IVF yields the best results but is also the most expensive option BY FAR. Part of the reason it's taken DH and I so long is because we simply didn't have the funds to do IUIs or IVF. So, in a way, you can say we started getting super serious about TTC in 2015 (when all my tests were done), but we couldn't afford anything that would work for me until 2018.

Has anyone in here been trying for more than a year? If so, what is your Drs plan? What country are you from and is it normal to do a lot of testing after a year of trying? In US we have to "try" for a year before they will do anything for us.

I’m TTC#3 and it’s taken well over a year every time. The first time I went to my GP before the year mark and I had testing because I had irregular cycles. I wasn’t ovulating on my own and was given clomid.
The second time I went around the year mark and was diagnosed with PCOS and given metformin.
I’ve been a few times this time around as I’ve had 3 early losses and have been trying since May 2018. They’ve run some basic blood tests and put me back on metformin but won’t really do much else as I already have two children. The last GP I saw said it was all just bad luck as my body has had two successful pregnancies. I’m planning to go back soon and push for more testing. I keep putting it off though as I feel guilty for using the national health service (free at the point of use and tax payer funded) when I already have two children.

The guidelines in the UK are that they’ll start test after a year if you’re under 35, 6 months over 35 or when you start trying it over 40. If you have concerns about your cycle etc they might do it earlier though. Depends on the GP. The funding for treatments varies depending on area.

I've been TTC for almost 9 years. I'm from the US. I went through IVF in 2018 from the surplus we got from selling our first home. I have four blastocysts left on ice, but one of them is a mystery and we're not sure if it's viable. I've gone through three blasts already, had two pregnancies from those and both failed. :cry:

It's pretty common to have a whole slew of tests done by REs (fertility doctors) before they will treat you. They do this for a number of reasons, but mainly to inform any plan they do give you. For instance, an HSG will see if your tubes are blocked. A 3D ultrasound will be able to see your uterus better than a normal ultrasound and tell you what shape its in. In my case, the 3D ultrasound showed that I have a unicornuate uterus. All of the normal ultrasounds I've had in my life before that one didn't reveal this information which was infuriating.

Doctors will give you a plan based on your tests. You might need to start taking thyroid meds, or perhaps your issue is just PCOS in which case they'll give you something like clomid or letrozole and hormone replacement therapy to get you to ovulate and prime your body for pregnancy. Treatment goes from "low-tech" (drugs plus intercourse) to "mid-tech" (IUIs), to "high-tech" (IVF). Obviously IVF yields the best results but is also the most expensive option BY FAR. Part of the reason it's taken DH and I so long is because we simply didn't have the funds to do IUIs or IVF. So, in a way, you can say we started getting super serious about TTC in 2015 (when all my tests were done), but we couldn't afford anything that would work for me until 2018.
It's insane with the amount of technology that we have and we still have unexplained infertility. when we started to try to conceive years ago they had me come in almost every day for blood work to watch my hormones. my first doctor wouldn't even take my blood I had to like beg her to check my thyroid. My second doctor is the one that did all the tests she wanted me to track all of my cervical mucus and started watching me ovulate while giving me letrozole. we finally conceived naturally after they found out that I had an infection in my uterus they couldn't see that until they did a surgery to remove endometriosis which I didn't have. we did the hsg as well she thought when I tubes was blocked but that was only because of the inflammation because of that infection. I think it's good for others to know the process in which you should request care because some doctors won't encourage particular care they'll go their own route. So it's good to be able to share the stories with first timers that things are just going to accidentally get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->