****September 2019 Testing Thread****

@Nima good to see you too! Sorry you’re still here as well though. How have you been?

I have a temperature dip today and though cbfm still insists on 'high', I got a positive opk with smu. Hope to o soon because we did insemination yesterday and I really don't feel like going to our donor again this week... I like him a lot but I just want to see him independently of trying to catch an egg...

@Nima good to see you too! Sorry you’re still here as well though. How have you been?
Thanks hun! It's been difficult with the losses but that's life... I hope we manage to get a sticky one soon!

LO4, it can be so maddening, can’t it?? Hope you get answers soon!

Jellybean, I have no idea when to test as I don’t know when or if I ovulated. I’ve been sick and my cycles have been off since I’m breastfeeding still. I’m guessing if I did ovulate it was between last Sunday and Friday. I’m probably around the same dpo as you!

Wantingagirl I’m not sure what a short period could mean! I would be happy with one of those, haha.

Bumble that sounds like lovely weather! Take advantage of it!! Hope the witch stays away for you.

My terrible migraine lasted all day. I am sooo hoping I don’t wake up with it again tomorrow.

My gynecologist said if you start progesterone too early it might make the lining stay thinner than it would have been without, maybe that's something relevant for you? She also said new studies don't support progesterone use at all so idk, maybe she is just not a fan in general... I hope you get lucky this cycle anyway! Fx for you!

Hmmm..... I have no idea I didn’t take it til 3dpo and stopped at 12dpo. I only spotted once at 6 then nothing til 12 then gave me a longer lethal phase too. So I have no idea now whether to stop the cream or not. My gynae said there was no harm going on progesterone once I get my bfp prescribed ones and I can take the cream til then but that was before this happened. Just to note even though I’ve spotted for years I still got pregnant and kept Leo :shrug:

LO4, it can be so maddening, can’t it?? Hope you get answers soon!

Jellybean, I have no idea when to test as I don’t know when or if I ovulated. I’ve been sick and my cycles have been off since I’m breastfeeding still. I’m guessing if I did ovulate it was between last Sunday and Friday. I’m probably around the same dpo as you!

Wantingagirl I’m not sure what a short period could mean! I would be happy with one of those, haha.

Bumble that sounds like lovely weather! Take advantage of it!! Hope the witch stays away for you.

My terrible migraine lasted all day. I am sooo hoping I don’t wake up with it again tomorrow.

Haha..... it can be linked to a thinner lining x

I had a ‘short period’ (lighter than usual and 4 days long) turned out to be ovulation bleeding because a week later I got a positive pregnancy test and was pregnant with twins :shrug:

Hmmmm...... it was heavy for first two days though, then medium then light then just spotting today so probably not likely plus don’t feel pregnant xx

Hmmmm...... it was heavy for first two days though, then medium then light then just spotting today so probably not likely plus don’t feel pregnant xx

Sorry chick, :hugs: I have random periods the are never a consistent length so I can’t really help much unfortunately!

No progress on ICs today. FRERs are negative. I either had a bad box or had a very brief chemical pregnancy. Don't think I'll ever know honestly.

Two week wait officially starts today...testing date is September 23rd.

Not sure how to feel about it. Haven't been on the site in months because I've just been upset. So many people I know are becoming pregnant 'by accident's and it is disheartening.

This marks our 10th month TTC our first baby. It's been so much harder than I expected. Doctor hade schedule an OBGYN appointment for November in case we reach the year mark.

Today is our two year wedding anniversary, and if I fall pregnant this month the due date will be around the birthdays of my great grandmother, mother, and myself, which is something I would love. Here's to hoping.

Congrats on all the BFP’s thus far ladies! A wonderful start to Spring! (It’s Spring here in SA) sorry to all the ladies who’s AF showed up here’s to a successful cycle this cycle. Hope everyone who is still in limbo gets some answers soon x

Today is cd7 for me and my last day of Soy. I started Grapefruit juice and Omega3 two days ago and today I have ewcm! It was quite scarce to show last cycle so this is great that it’s already made an appearance. Will start testing with opks from cd10 as I’m really not sure when I will ovulate this cycle. Previous cycles it’s been cd12/13 and last cycle on maca it was cd16. This is also cycle 10 for us and really hoping it happens before a year is up!

Congrats on all the BFP’s thus far ladies! A wonderful start to Spring! (It’s Spring here in SA) sorry to all the ladies who’s AF showed up here’s to a successful cycle this cycle. Hope everyone who is still in limbo gets some answers soon x

Today is cd7 for me and my last day of Soy. I started Grapefruit juice and Omega3 two days ago and today I have ewcm! It was quite scarce to show last cycle so this is great that it’s already made an appearance. Will start testing with opks from cd10 as I’m really not sure when I will ovulate this cycle. Previous cycles it’s been cd12/13 and last cycle on maca it was cd16. This is also cycle 10 for us and really hoping it happens before a year is up!

Remind me about grapefruit juice how much how often and for how long? Xx

@cookielady hope this is your month and you can have that lovely due date! I know how disheartening it can be, especially when everyone around you seems to get pregnant so easily. Hang on in there!

@Tesh23 sounds like you’re giving yourself a good shot! Soy is one of those things I’ve nearly tried so many times but then get scared to do. I’ve been saying I’ll try it next cycle if this one doesn’t work! Have you used it before?

Remind me about grapefruit juice how much how often and for how long? Xx

So grapefruit juice is supposed to slow down the breakdown of estrogen so that it hangs around in our bodies a bit longer, which in turn is supposed to stimulate the ovaries more and produce more fertile cm. I started taking it from cd6 and I will stop once I get a positive opk. So for me 250ml (a glass) a day for about a week before expected ovulation.

I did try omega3 before and it kind of worked for ewcm but I only recently discovered it has horrible additives in that brand so I swithed to a 100% pure form of omega3 and I’m already noticing the difference. The job it took 3 or those other 1000mg pills gets done with just 1 if these new ones. I’m also still taking my folic and q10.

@cookielady hope this is your month and you can have that lovely due date! I know how disheartening it can be, especially when everyone around you seems to get pregnant so easily. Hang on in there!

@Tesh23 sounds like you’re giving yourself a good shot! Soy is one of those things I’ve nearly tried so many times but then get scared to do. I’ve been saying I’ll try it next cycle if this one doesn’t work! Have you used it before?
Hey Jellybean! I have in fact tried soy before - I tried 17 cycles for my ds and I tried soy on cycle 16 and again on cycle 17 and bang bfp! So I already have a soy baby. It also made my cycles perfect with zero pms after pregnancy- so it super balanced out my cycles. I did try it for about 3 cycles in a row ttc #2 but no luck - I’m putting it down to trying soy isoflavones that we’re mixed with a whole lot of the their stuff and not just pure SI, and it messed up my cycles in the sense that I started having horrible pms and cramping during af and also bigger clots.

So I’ve found a different brand of pure SI for this cycle (I took the solgar brand when I conceived ds and they aren’t available anymore where I am). No side effects from it unlike my other cycles other than a headache for the two days I took it then nothing. Perfect. I have felt off and on ovary pain but nothing too noticeable.

Oh I also ovulate on my own and my periods are like clockwork, always has been. So soy hasn’t messed up my cycle in that regard, I have just been suffering with more severe pms symptoms. So if the soy balances out my cycle again I’ll be really happy. I’m actually feeling quite good on it this cycle, like I have more energy. But it could also be the other supps im taking.

Ahh so interesting about the soy, have actually never heard of it before in the conext of regulating hormones etc. - myself I’m still a huge maca fan as well as advocate of intermittent fasting - fasting (intermittently) actually helps with cycles, PMS and so on too (as well as an enormous list of other things!) and it did actually seem to lengthen my cycle by a few days :) (they used to be really short before starting to do the fasting regularly, then went up to be 25-26 days)

LADIES!!
I know I said I wanted to wait until atleast 12dpo to test... :shy:
Well, one thing lead to another and I tested yesterday and today... (in my defense, it’s because I had that mild AF like cramping around 5dpo, which I never have around this time, AND I noticed a few itsy bitsy tiny blood spots that same day, soooo I had reason to believe it could be implantation! Also, I ofcourse didn’t want to let the 25 tests I ordered go to waste...:blush:)

So this is the test from today (7dpo).. .I can see the faaaintest of lines? does anyone have experience with these internet cheapies (never used them before) & let me know what the chances are that it’s an evap or the like?

Trying hard not to get excited over here... :headspin:

IMG_6374 (2).PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"