Spring/Summer IUI support thread

danser55- They will hun stay positive and keep us posted. Praying for you

Danser: so exciting!! I am thinking it is bfp now and not trigger.

MrsLJo: awesome scan pic!! Congrats!!

Danser: so exciting!! I am thinking it is bfp now and not trigger.

MrsLJo: awesome scan pic!! Congrats!!

Thanks. I hope so too. I will keep testing to see what happens. I won't feel confident until I go in for my beta testing though.

mrsLJO - so exciting! :) can't wait for my first scan next Monday..I'm officially 6 weeks today!

danser - if the line is getting darker that has to be a good sign!! excited for you to get betas done

realfemme - hopefully the symptoms you are experiencing are super early pregnancy symptoms! FX for you! when will you start testing??

I'm at 10dpiui and I'm dealing with wacky temperatures and also no symptoms. Although I told myself I was on high alert for symptoms last month and felt everything going on in my body and convinced myself i was getting a BFP but I did not. So this month i refused to over analyse every CM or twinge or cramp... stay tuned.

Kate26- I really really hope so. My OH wants to wait til May 6 but I might test earlier. Just dnt know if I can deal with the results if negative.

Thanks Kate, it looks like they are getting darker. I've also done some with FMU & some in the early evening not.

Hi Ladies,

I'm starting my 2nd IUI this month and I'm a little freaked out.

I've been tracking with OPKs for about a year and am very regular (16th or 17th day for surge). However! Starting last month I've had difficulty spotting my surge....you know, since we have a vial of sperm waiting in a tank.

Last month we had an appointment on the 18th day for an ultrasound since my surge still hadn't happened. It showed I had ovulated but we tried anyway.

This month I tested twice a day and surged at 7pm on day 16 (yesterday) and the doctor on call asked that we wait until tomorrow late in the day or the next morning. Meaning waiting 2-2.5 days.
The standard for this office is calling the morning of the surge and scheduling for the next morning.

Am I right to be a little freaked? I can't seem to get anyone on the phone who will give me answers, just nurses who are reluctant to elaborate on the Dr's opinion.

I apologize if I'm hijacking. I'm new to all this and pretty freaked out!

welcome cally! - from what I have read, a lot of doctors have different timelines for when they do the inseminations based on OPK's. I will say that I was successful this month going only off of OPK's, I got a positive at night and went in the following two mornings for back to back iui's, both days at 10am

Cally - welcome! Your docs might not be too far off but I had a timing issue with my last iui so I understand your frustration for sure ! So basically docs try to time iui 36 hours after surge. Since you ovulate 12-36 hours after surge and it's better to be late than early. The egg will live for 24 hours after being released, but the sperm will only live for 6 hours in the uterus (and I believe shorter if frozen) so they like the egg to be sitting in the tube waiting for when iui occurs.

For me- I ovulate 12-24 hours after my surge and this past month ovulated the day of my surge. I had the iui the next day but I think it was too late for various reasons. They keep assuring me it wasn't too late and maybe they are right. I wouldn't worry too too much but if this cycle is a bust you could discuss moving it up a little !

welcome cally. Are you on clomid/femara or injectibles or naturally tracking O?
Is your doctor tracking follicle prior to ovulation and doing blood work?

I believe a surge in an OPK means ovulation is about to occur. Exactly how soon I forget I thought about 24 hours. If I were doing IUI I would want to know what size my follicles were and blood levels prior to going I'd be fearful of doing it too late or too soon.

I tested again this morning, I used a frer and a few other tests, all were very dark at this point 12 dpiui and 14 days after trigger. I called my RE office a few minutes ago, hoping they will let me come in tomorrow morning for blood work to confirm.

I got the blood test surge (no trigger) and then they said u could come back today in the afternoon or tomorrow morning for the IUI. They said I would be ovulating over night. We opted for that afternoon since they did it last month after I ovulated and obvi didn't work. We also BD again that night to cover our bases. Because I ovulated overnight, i'm not sure if I count sunday or monday as my ovulation day... so i'm basically 11 dpiui or 10.5DPO. I think it's too early for a test, but also i can't take a test yet, it its BFN I'll be crushed, so id rather way until way past AF expected arrival... although I say that every month and then run out and get out LOL! KEEP ME STRONG THIS MONTH LADIES!

you can do it pirate!!! I went last month (my very first IUI!) without anyyyy testing and it felt great! sadly, it didnt' end well but I always feel like I outsmart the system somehow when I don't test and then get AF :haha: you can do it, you can do it - just a few more days!!

Yay Danser!!

Started my letrozole today!! Woot woot!

Yaaay congratulations again Danser55

Aayla - yaay for starting meds

I'm still waiting on AF.. I'm hoping I start spotting at least on Friday - so I can call and book a scan for Monday. I'm due over the weekend, so I may be at day 4 if I have to wait until Monday to book... I don't want to miss a window to possibly start meds

if you are taking clomid or femara you can do them from cd 5-9. I've read there really isn't much difference.

Thank you Aayla.. I have no idea, the hospital don't tell me very much until I need to know at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->