Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

Ladies, please help. I am totally confused. I feel pretty expert-level at using OPKs and every month it has been simple: I start testing after my period is completely gone, and get definite negatives until about day 10, then 1-2 light but still negatives, then 1-2 days of dark positives, then O is confirmed by temps and clearly -OPK a day or two after the +OPK.

Well, this is how it went this month:
12/22 evening - just about positive.
12/23 evening - positive
12/24 morning and evening - positive
12/25 morning and evening - positive
12/26 morning and evening - fading away, aka negative.
12/27 (today) morning - clear, dark POSITIVE. w...t...f?

My temp pattern suggests I Oed Thurs. night or yesterday. It dipped 0.3F yesterday then rose 0.45 F today Can anyone explain? Or is my body just a mess?

Keep going with the temps. Hopefully they'll give you a clear answer

I'm starting to think that I ovulate earlier than I believe.
My cycles are about 31 days long but my periods only last 2 or 3 days. I think my luteal phase is affected by that. Do you short luteal phases mean you ovulate earlier or later than the average cd 14? I always get ovulation symptoms a few days after my period (gas, slight cramping, twinges)
is cm watery before it becomes fertile during ovulation?
What vitamins can I take to increase fertility? I have been ttc for 6 cycles and I'm dying to get my bfp on this one.

Ugh help meeee! lol

YadairaD - not really an answer but here for support! We too are on month 6 of ttc and I had something similarly weird happen to me with OPK testing this month (I don't temp so I have no clue what happened). Hope we get our BFP's soon!!

YadairaD, this isn't a medically proven answer but when my cycles were 30-31 days, I would O between CD6-19. If you aren't temping, I would look into it. It will ease your questions about when you O.

Ladies, please help. I am totally confused. I feel pretty expert-level at using OPKs and every month it has been simple: I start testing after my period is completely gone, and get definite negatives until about day 10, then 1-2 light but still negatives, then 1-2 days of dark positives, then O is confirmed by temps and clearly -OPK a day or two after the +OPK.

Well, this is how it went this month:
12/22 evening - just about positive.
12/23 evening - positive
12/24 morning and evening - positive
12/25 morning and evening - positive
12/26 morning and evening - fading away, aka negative.
12/27 (today) morning - clear, dark POSITIVE. w...t...f?

My temp pattern suggests I Oed Thurs. night or yesterday. It dipped 0.3F yesterday then rose 0.45 F today Can anyone explain? Or is my body just a mess?

This can be quite normal actually. Ive done LOTS of research on it and apparently this is why they tell us POAS addicts to stop testing after O is confirmed. I read it can take days after O before the test goes back to negative. It all depends on how quickly your body filters it out that cycle, u know? Some months, like this one, my opk goes back to neg but a few cycles back I had positives all the way until 10dpo with a clear temp shift! I was like WTF!!! and thats when I found all this info. But at this point, id BD until you get those c/hs but id say O is probably today because the only other option would be that your body geared up to O but then didn't and now is Oing. Do u have any fertile cm? Since ur rise wasn't higher than most of the other temps and it went back down, id say ur just experiencing "delayed oed" by a couple of days.... OR your LH was just high enough for the test to read again. The test just picks up on when LH surges because that what triggers O but we can have surges of LH before and after O. Our bodies are too confusing! I hope this helped some. In short, dont let this alarm you but def still BD to be safe. I'm willing to bet that ull see a nice rise tomorrow to truly confirm O, IF I'm right and ur oing today. Good luck hun!

I see ur usually O day is CD13-14 so that makes me think even more so that ur body just tried oing earlier. I guess we'll see. At least u BDed this a.m so ur completely covered either way :)

I'm starting to think that I ovulate earlier than I believe.
My cycles are about 31 days long but my periods only last 2 or 3 days. I think my luteal phase is affected by that. Do you short luteal phases mean you ovulate earlier or later than the average cd 14? I always get ovulation symptoms a few days after my period (gas, slight cramping, twinges)
is cm watery before it becomes fertile during ovulation?
What vitamins can I take to increase fertility? I have been ttc for 6 cycles and I'm dying to get my bfp on this one.

Ugh help meeee! lol

Usually a short LP means ull O later with a longer cycle. And vitamin B-6 works GREAT for many women with their LP. It helped me a yr ago and I know many others who benefitted from it. I'd give it a try :).
As for your CM, we all have our own *unique* pattern for cm patterns but typically, yes, it'll be watery and then turn to an egg-white texture (similar to semen but not sticky and u can usually stretch it a couple of inches between ur fingers.).
The length of AF usually doesn't mean anything bad about ur LP unless u have other sign to point to an LP defect as well. This cycle u'll know from ur chart. But the B-6 aren't bad to try either way so id still give them a go. Do u spot alot? Spotting is sometimes a sign of LP defect or in other words, low progesterone but our periods can be super light or super heavy and both can be our PERSONAL normal. Hope this helped! GL and lots of dust!
Also, have u BDed lately? Its very easy to mix up semen with fertile cm. And if it is fertile cm, it can come at random times in ur cycle...again that all depends on the woman, too. We all have a unique pattern for our cycles and thats why CM or opks aren't always the best ways to track O...the only true way to know is with a 3 day temp rise. Going by ur usual cycle length, id start bding every other day (or more if wanted) starting on CD14 and keep BDing until u see a temp rise or positive OPKs and that'll for sure cover you bding wise! Id strongly recommend temping. Its not too late in ur cycle to start. That temp shift will help your sanity SO much because u wont be wondering if O truly passed and it'll greatly up the odds for ur BFP, whether it's this month or next, temping def helps in getting a BFP much, much quicker, as long as there's no fertility issues obv, which I'm sure ur fine and just need to get the right timing down. FX u catch O asap! :)

My temp ALMOST stayed the same today :). Now we need at least 2 more days of high temps, THEN that could be a positive sign for me. Let see how this goes...FX!
I may try testing with a cheapie if my temps still up tomorrow but the frer won't be coming out until Dec 31st... FX FX FX!

:dust:

Thank you! :) Maybe ill get lucky and this cycle will end much better than the others! I'm going to just keep praying. It's gotta happen one of these times! :)

Yes it has to and will happen soon. You have and still help so many ladies on these threads with tcc that I know soon you will be blessed for giving so much :hugs:

Yes it has to and will happen soon. You have and still help so many ladies on these threads with tcc that I know soon you will be blessed for giving so much :hugs:

Thank you :).

I do loovee helping others with TTC. I figure I have ALL this knowledge from my 21 months of research and I dont want it going to waist! Lol :haha: And I agree with you, I believe the lord will bless me with a little bundle of joy soon :). Maybe it took so long so I could help so many others along the way...well now most of my ladies all have BFP's and ill never leave this thread anyway so I think its time for that BFP now...lol :) FX!

Ugh my nose is soo runny and stuffy all at the same tome and my throat hurts :(. This stinks but ill take it if it means pregnancy :haha:.

Aiden, DH, and I have a date today to see a movie at a local fun, restaurant/theatre. We're going to see the new Annie. I can see it now when we leave the theatre, "Mom, can we just go adopt a kid tomorrow?" LOL. I'm going to be waiting for that question, for sure. He's getting too big and smart! STOP GROWING FOR AWHILE AIDEN! GEESH! :)

You definitely will be blessed with your own bundle for helping and rooting for so many of us! My mom and I plan to go see Annie soon. I heard it was great.

Thanks ladies :). Dh and I both LOVE Jamie Foxx, he's hilarious! And we both like the whole Annie story from when we were kids and aiden actually JUST did an "Annie" play at school so it all works out perfect :). Its nice when we find a movie that ALL of us reallyyy wana see. There's SO many good kids movies though but I have a feeling this will be one of my favs :).
Last time we brought aiden to the movies, he did AMAZING! He didn't talk once through the whole movie! I was like WOW! :haha:. I miss the baby days SOOO much (clearly!) but its def fun having a 7yr old as well. As long as you raise them with respect and manors from the very start, you won't have many issues at all :). Some parents at aidens school have NO rules for their children and a majority of the time ive noticed they are always the children that hit, push, tease, etc. Just some advice for the first time mommy's to be! :). I know you'll all be great mothers! Its sooo hard not to give into your own child, I even cry after scolding Aiden sometimes (lol) but as they get to the age of 4-5+ yrs, you'll be very, very happy that you held your grounds. I'm randomly saying this because I literally will sit, staring at Aiden for a good 20-30mins everyday and as I watched him play today and heard all the stuff he was saying while he was playing, I thought to myself, "Wow, you have really raised Aiden to be a smart, kind, gentle, caring and respectful little boy. Good job!". Lol. This a.m we had issues, LIKE ALWAYS, with the little boy across the st. He'll invite aiden out to play, then when another little boy a year older comes out, he'll tell Aiden he can't go into his yard. His parents let him do what he wants so they can do what they want, u know? This whole situation is what made me even think to write this lol. I was really just thinking out loud at first but was like hmm, better let them know not to spoil their children TOO much in advance! :rofl:. That little boy really aggravates me though. Its so mean and I raised aiden to be kind to EVERYONE and he is kind to everyone so he's a bit sensitive when other children don't act the same towards him. It makes me sad how mean children can be!

Jess, I know that you already know what I mean... U work with young children so you know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure. It breaks my heart how mean some kids are in Aidens school. I grew up in the same area and kids weren't nearly as cruel as they seem to be now. I know teachers in this area are working extra hard on the bullying and such, which is a good thing.

sry everyone, im bored. Aidens playing an Xbox game (1 player :( lol) and so I felt like writing you all a book :haha:.

This thread moves quite slow now :-\. Cant wait for querida and the other new ladies to O so there's more chatty-ness in here. :).

I actually feel REALLY good about this month for some odd reason. Ive had those feeling be wrong in the past too many times though but I actually said the words last night, "I need to see if I can take this since I'm pregnant" while I was talking to DH about cold meds lol. It just came out of my mouth while I was talking so I had to quickly edit myself. :haha:. Of course dh said, maybe thats a sign! And then of course I started thinking, hmm maybe it is! Lol. Only 2-4 more days and I bet frer will give me a pretty reliable answer.
Ive had these weird tugging feelings, my bellys rumbling, I cant stop peeing, my bbs are only a little sore as of today and that may be a good sign for me since its starting so late and usually I had sore bbs RIGHT after O. I also had this weird feeling in my vag today...like it felt like AF was here but I cant even fully describe the feeling...it was kinda like a bubbling feeling in there...lol Either all this is all more new weird TWW thing or maybe this is it. I'm so impatient this cycle!!!! I want to know if I conceived in 2014! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->