Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

FMU BFN this morning at 10 DPO. I'm so glad I have a RE follow up on Thursday. Hopefully he'll give me the thumbs up to start Femara. We've been trying now for 10 months, and I am SO ready.

We have both def been trying for long enough! I'm very happy to hear u see a RE this week as well! Hope we both get lots of good news/info!!

Girls can you help me im so confused..... So i had a chemical last month jan 14th..... Does that make my :af: date 14th of this month or my usual 17th of the month.... I tested this morning FMU. But bfn :( feeling so confused and deflated x

Your actual AF DATE will usually change monthly, depending on when u O that cycle. If u haven't tried charting temps, id strongly recommend it, as its the most useful home tool to help a women conceive faster.
And I'm very sorry about your chemical. I know how hard that is :(. How long are ur usually cycles? AF would probably still show about that many days from Jan 14th. Usually since the months have dif numbers of days in them, even if u have perfect 28 day cycles, the actual date AF is due will change from month to month. Last month it may have been Jan 14th whereas with a perfect 28 day cycle for example, this month itd be due Feb 11th. Again that's based on a 28 day cycle...29 days would be the 12th and a 30 day cycle would make AF due the 13th. Thats if ur cycle is always the same length as well, otherwise it all depends on when u O. Hope this helped some! GL!

Hi hun, thankyou for your reply!! I tend to be exactly on the 17th of every month no matter how many days are in the month... Weird huh! But yeah no :af: today or yesterday no spotting no nothing :( i just wish either :af: would show up or i get some sort of :bfp: i just feel in limbo atm and its driving me CRAZY....... OH has said to maybe wait and test on tuesday (17th) if :af: is a no show...... Its just so hard not to get my hopes up.... I constantly feel like im moaning about gettin :bfn: and ifeel like im driving everyone crazy!! According to cbd opk i ovulated on 1st feb so that would make me 14dpo??? Maybe less im not sure this ttc jargen is so confusing..... Everyone i know who was ttc is now pregnant within the first month and im happy for them i really am but i have to say the little green monster inside me is definately making an appearence this month :( xxx

IVF consultation in exactly 24hrs!!! FX soooo tight!!!!

!!!!!!!! So excited for you! :happydance: And hoping even more so that you get your BFP this month!

FMU BFN this morning at 10 DPO. I'm so glad I have a RE follow up on Thursday. Hopefully he'll give me the thumbs up to start Femara. We've been trying now for 10 months, and I am SO ready.

I hope so too, and I hope that helps you get your BFP. I'm also hoping its still too early for something to show on a test. I looked at a lot of FF charts yesterday that would have BFNs at even 14 dpo before getting a positive!

Girls can you help me im so confused..... So i had a chemical last month jan 14th..... Does that make my :af: date 14th of this month or my usual 17th of the month.... I tested this morning FMU. But bfn :( feeling so confused and deflated x

Your actual AF DATE will usually change monthly, depending on when u O that cycle. If u haven't tried charting temps, id strongly recommend it, as its the most useful home tool to help a women conceive faster.
And I'm very sorry about your chemical. I know how hard that is :(. How long are ur usually cycles? AF would probably still show about that many days from Jan 14th. Usually since the months have dif numbers of days in them, even if u have perfect 28 day cycles, the actual date AF is due will change from month to month. Last month it may have been Jan 14th whereas with a perfect 28 day cycle for example, this month itd be due Feb 11th. Again that's based on a 28 day cycle...29 days would be the 12th and a 30 day cycle would make AF due the 13th. Thats if ur cycle is always the same length as well, otherwise it all depends on when u O. Hope this helped some! GL!

Hi hun, thankyou for your reply!! I tend to be exactly on the 17th of every month no matter how many days are in the month... Weird huh! But yeah no :af: today or yesterday no spotting no nothing :( i just wish either :af: would show up or i get some sort of :bfp: i just feel in limbo atm and its driving me CRAZY....... OH has said to maybe wait and test on tuesday (17th) if :af: is a no show...... Its just so hard not to get my hopes up.... I constantly feel like im moaning about gettin :bfn: and ifeel like im driving everyone crazy!! According to cbd opk i ovulated on 1st feb so that would make me 14dpo??? Maybe less im not sure this ttc jargen is so confusing..... Everyone i know who was ttc is now pregnant within the first month and im happy for them i really am but i have to say the little green monster inside me is definately making an appearence this month :( xxx

It sounds to me like u could probably expect AF to arrive tomorrow or so. Your probably 13dpo, with O occurring the day of or the day after cbd picked it up. OPKs arent always correct, they only pick up the surge and we can surge multiple times before O actually occurs. Also, if ur AF comes every 17th of the month, your definitely oing different days from cycle to cycle to make that happen..
You truly should try temping. It'll show u ur exact O day and thats something u really need to know while TTC. Temping will also keep u out of limbo since ull know exactly what dpo u are and that'll ultimately let u know exactly when AF is due.

After 23 months TTC over here, I def get what u mean about feeling like everyone's sick of hearing about you TTC. I feel that way all the time in real life but this thread has def made my TTC days much better. Hang in there hun and ull get that BFP :) Please try temping! Lol I'm a temping addict! The fertility friend software is awesome if u decide to temp. You just enter ur temps and cm and the software will do everything else :). GL hun!

We have both def been trying for long enough! I'm very happy to hear u see a RE this week as well! Hope we both get lots of good news/info!!

Thanks Mary! We're definitely both due a BFP!

It sounds to me like u could probably expect AF to arrive tomorrow or so. Your probably 13dpo, with O occurring the day of or the day after cbd picked it up. OPKs arent always correct, they only pick up the surge and we can surge multiple times before O actually occurs. Also, if ur AF comes every 17th of the month, your definitely oing different days from cycle to cycle to make that happen..
You truly should try temping. It'll show u ur exact O day and thats something u really need to know while TTC. Temping will also keep u out of limbo since ull know exactly what dpo u are and that'll ultimately let u know exactly when AF is due.

After 23 months TTC over here, I def get what u mean about feeling like everyone's sick of hearing about you TTC. I feel that way all the time in real life but this thread has def made my TTC days much better. Hang in there hun and ull get that BFP :) Please try temping! Lol I'm a temping addict! The fertility friend software is awesome if u decide to temp. You just enter ur temps and cm and the software will do everything else :). GL hun!

Thankyou hunny!! So good to speak to someone knows so much about ttc!! When do i start temping hun and do i do it before i get out of bed in the morning to get a base line temp??

See i had a feeling i was probably 12-13 dpo instead of 14 just going by how i felt 2-3 days after positive opk..... Ive just seen you have your ivf consultation tommorrow hunny i really wish u all the luck in the world!! I feel like such a moany old git now we havent been ttc for very long and you have been trying fo such a long time!!! I hope you get your :bfp: soon xxxxxx

Thankyou hunny!! So good to speak to someone knows so much about ttc!! When do i start temping hun and do i do it before i get out of bed in the morning to get a base line temp??

See i had a feeling i was probably 12-13 dpo instead of 14 just going by how i felt 2-3 days after positive opk..... Ive just seen you have your ivf consultation tommorrow hunny i really wish u all the luck in the world!! I feel like such a moany old git now we havent been ttc for very long and you have been trying fo such a long time!!! I hope you get your :bfp: soon xxxxxx

Thank you for your kind words :). I am so excited for my appt tomorrow! Hopefully ill be given a date to start after my visit tomorrow. Only 4 months left with my insurance company so I'm getting nervous about timing. We JUST found out about 2wks ago that my insurance covers IVF 100%! I'm so happy I found out on time but I'm so angry with my doctor for making me believe that we would have hardly any coverage for IVF, if any coverage at all, and I randomly called my insurance company a couple wks ago and it was like music to my ears hearing that IVF IS covered by my soon to expire insurance. Ugh. But I have an amazing feeling for us, as my uterus and such are great so FX 4 months is all we need! :)

And with BBT u can start it right when AF comes but if ur temping vaginally (highly recommended due to open mouth breathing) you can start temping on CD3-4, when AF seems to be slowing down enough where u comfortable using ur thermometer. Make sure its a "BBT" thermometer, u can find them in the baby making section at most pharmacy's. And yes, take your temp at the same time everyday and take it before you get out of bed or do anything else. Its pretty neat how temping works...and very easy! :) Also when u start temping, id still use ur cbd as a secondary O sign but even if ur cbd shows u already oed, always remember that ur temp is the key sign so keep BDing during ur fertile period until you see a temp rise that stays up .2 or so higher then all (or MOST) of the other temps for 3 consecutive days. The fertility friend software will detect O for u and it'll mark ur O day for u after a 3 day rise so if u BD until FF confirms O, ull def have great chances at catching that egg. Since it'll be your first cycle temping and we don't know exactly when ull O yet, BDing every other day or so starting around CD10 is recommended that way u dont risk missing O. Its also always best to start bding before ur opk is completely positive because that allows the "swimmers" more time to make it to the egg. Sperm can live for 2-5 days, whereas our eggs only have a 12-24hr lifespan so its always best to have some swimmers up there awaiting the egg :) Good luck hun! I'm always here to help if u have any temping questions or any questions at all :). Lots of dust ur way! :dust:

Yes it totally corrected itself to cd20 like yall said lol I slept in on accident. My husband usually wakes me up every morning at 6 since he's closest to my phone. "He didn't hear it" lol.... I was like nooooo! It was up just a tad....I had 7 hours of sleep.

Mary, your chart does look awesome. I have a really good feeling since its way different than your past cycles. Fx!

Ahhhh Sylvia look at that beautiful rise! Gorgeous chart :D

:wohoo: i knew FF will move your O and give you solid CH. Going by your last cycle, let's presume you have 10 days LP which isnt bad. And maybe you can start testing by then or earlier if you're POAS-aholic :haha:

FX hun. Timing is good for a baby boy... Just saying...

:dust:

It's possible the month after a chemical for you to have a shift in when you ovulate. You would count cd 1 as the first day off bleeding, which would be the 14th. It's hard to say when AF would arrive because ovulation will be delayed as hcg levels fall back to 0. If you haven't gottn AF in a week I owuld test again.

IVF consultation in exactly 24hrs!!! FX soooo tight!!!!

Yayayayayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so exciting mary, I hope you update us immediately.

Yes it totally corrected itself to cd20 like yall said lol I slept in on accident. My husband usually wakes me up every morning at 6 since he's closest to my phone. "He didn't hear it" lol.... I was like nooooo! It was up just a tad....I had 7 hours of sleep.

Mary, your chart does look awesome. I have a really good feeling since its way different than your past cycles. Fx!

That's awesome Sylvia! Good luck in your tww

Thank you ladies :)

Well hopefully I'll get myself a baby girl this time if I am!

Thank you Jessica :)

Thanks hun :). It does look a bit different from the past...Maybe I'm in for a huge surprise :) FX!
And it looks like ur temp isn't far off from yesterdays so maybe ur like me. For many, taking ur temp an hr later usually makes a difference in temps but ur temp is def up high enough where its safe to say you've O'ed, even if temping an hr later did make a bigger difference for u, it couldn't have affected it THAT much so ur still safe even tho dh "didn't hear the alarm" :haha:. You really do have a nice rise so far! It looks even better now that ur CH's are corrected too :). FX for u!! Cant wait to see what the next week brings!

Also, ur last cycle was 32 days right? If so, there's a good chance you have an 11/12 day LP. Thats not bad at all. A 10 day LP is very possible, as well, since ur cycle varies at times. So u should expect AF within the next 8-9 days or so, well not expect AF, since we want her to stay far, far away! But I'm sure u get what I mean, lol. Good luck!!!!

I hope u get ur girl!

IDK why but I really would love another boy. Most ppl want one of each but id love 2 boys. If we are blessed with twins from IVF, then I hope I get 1 more boy and 1 girl. Ill be more than happy with either tho, of course. Itd be pretty neat if we could pick :haha:

I've actually read that the shettles method in practice is backwards! No one REALLY knows but I've read a lot that says BD very close to O is more likely to produce girls :)

This is from the Impatient Woman's Guide:

The most popular at- home technique for sex selection is promoted by Dr. Landrum Shettles, who wrote How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby in 1970. The book was updated in 1996 and 2006, with coauthor David Rorvik, and its cover says it’s sold a whopping 1.5 million copies. Because the boy (Y) sperm are lighter, Dr. Shettles theorized, they swim faster and get to the egg first. Thus, having sex close to ovulation should produce more boys. The girl (X) sperm are slower, but live longer, so having sex further from ovulation should produce more girls. Dr. Shettles claimed an 80 percent success rate for his technique based on letters from his readers, and numerous websites and books recommend the technique. Dr. Shettles’ eminently logical theory has just one thing wrong with it: It doesn’t work. Eight scientific studies published in medical journals examined sex timing and the baby’s gender, and most find the opposite of Shettles’ theory, with more girls conceived from sex on the day of ovulation and more boys conceived from sex many days before. Why do the letters from Dr. Shettles’ readers suggest otherwise? Probably because those who were successful*were much more likely to write in, which gives a distorted picture of the results. This may also be why Dr. Shettles never published his data in a medical journal, since reputable journals require studies to be scientific and have unbiased data. In my day job as a psychology researcher, I often do studies called meta- analyses that combine data over many studies— an effective technique for discovering an overall pattern. So I did that here. Across eight studies with data from 1,672 births, 55 percent of babies from the day of ovulation were girls, compared to 45 percent from 2 or more days before ovulation, with only a 4 in 10,000 probability that the difference was due to chance. On the day before ovulation, there was a roughly even split. At the very least, these data suggest that Shettles’ theory is ineffective. (If you’re wondering what Dr. Shettles and his coauthor have to say about these studies, see Appendix G.) An Australian study found that 73 couples who used the Shettles method— following the recommendations for timing, abstinence, and douching according to whether they wanted a son or a daughter— usually got a baby the*opposite gender from what they wanted. Among those who wanted a son and had sex close to ovulation, 63 percent gave birth to daughters, and of those who wanted a daughter and had sex far from ovulation, 52 percent had sons. A 1995 study of 127 pregnancies found a similar pattern, with 53 percent of ovulation- day babies girls, compared to only 43 percent girls from sex two or more days before ovulation, though this difference was not statistically significant. This study attributed the conception to the sex closest to ovulation (which might not have been true— who knows how the sperm fight it out in there?). That may have muddled the results and pushed them closer to the 50/50 split expected by chance. The results are probably the most reliable for the days furthest away from ovulation, and those days produced 57 percent boys.

Interesting huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->