Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

My husband is so picky about names too! He's driving me crazy. His dad is pakistani and we had planned on if we had a girl giving her DH's middle name Zia.. Which is technically a boys name but it SOUNDS like a girls name--and I have my fathers middle name--but his dad was like no no that is a boys name. Give your kid a middle eastern name! And all of a sudden I was like wait, we are! Our last name! And then I started thinking it was a bit unfair that dh gets 66% of the name AND he is always vetoing beautiful names. I really loved the name harper (we both went to law school and I went to college where harper lee was from) but then I found out it's a super popular name so no to that! Now I am thinking Augusta but Augusta zia doesn't sound good and so dh is like no!! Well.. He likes Augusta zia but it doesn't make sense. My great grandmother's middle name was belle so Augusta belle is super cute but dh of course rejects that because it's not his.. Lol. Nutcase. We are probably having a boy anyway!!

My DH wants to keep his family name and make our baby boy the 4th, so it's kind of not up for discussion. He's always talked about it, so when we found out yesterday it was kind of a done and decided convo. While I wanted to have some creativity in names, it's a bit of a relief for it to just be decided.

A family name is super nice Dani! I have my aunt's name, she died when she was only 4, and my mother always said she was naming her first Cheryl, so when they found out I was a girl there was no discussion. I was given my father's middle name, which is sensible considering my first came directly from my mom's side.

Picking names is apparently something every single couple fights about.. and most of the men seem to be the pickiest!! DH loved the name Ophelia but I was like honey.... until the end of time men are going to turn that into "Oh, *I* feel ya.." ew...

A family name is super nice Dani! I have my aunt's name, she died when she was only 4, and my mother always said she was naming her first Cheryl, so when they found out I was a girl there was no discussion. I was given my father's middle name, which is sensible considering my first came directly from my mom's side.

Picking names is apparently something every single couple fights about.. and most of the men seem to be the pickiest!! DH loved the name Ophelia but I was like honey.... until the end of time men are going to turn that into "Oh, *I* feel ya.." ew...

:rofl: I constantly took names and figured out what kids would make of it. My first name is Eva and I was constantly called Evil.

Haha Ophelia, yes that would be bad!

DH and I have always asked each other names for the past year and I think as of right now we both like Ryan for a boy and Olivia or Fiona for a girl. DH loves Bryce for a boy but I babysat for a boy named Bryce when I was a teenager and he was the biggest brat ever! So I just can't do it!! Lol. I'm sure I will change my mind about the names w already decided on anyways , I'm indecisive!

Hahahahahahaha. I definetly don't envy your situations. We've had a boy name picked for years Luke, and Lily was decided pretty quickly too, although Emma Lee was considered for a bit.

We have had two boy and two girl names for years!! We play around with middle names, but usually just stick to what we picked. Grace Elizabeth, Blythe Kailynn for girls and Gage Mathew, Layton Atlee for boys. Dh actually chose all four but I really love them. I chose middle names.

We have had two boy and two girl names for years!! We play around with middle names, but usually just stick to what we picked. Grace Elizabeth, Blythe Kailynn for girls and Gage Mathew, Layton Atlee for boys. Dh actually chose all four but I really love them. I chose middle names.

I love your names! I've been obsessed with grace Elizabeth for years but DH doesn't like grace! :cry:

Temping wouldn't be ideal tbh as my 14 month old gets me up in the night quite often and I think that would throw it all off kilter heh.

I'm super sick I've been stuck in bed all day.... My two boys are and cough with their mouths open...even when I tell my oldest to please cover his. Here I am sick as a dog now :(

Took IC half hour ago, pic taken 3 mins after i took the test, now iv had a few evaps but this looks pink?

Attachments

• test1111.jpg
    test1111.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
I feel silly on the names front... we aren't even pregnant but already agreed on names. Leila June or Jack Louis (middle names are my beloved grandparents' first names, first names are just ones we love).

I think I am 3, maybe 2 DPO today. Feeling pretty good about this cycle and trying to stay positive and not symptom-spot or obsess on my bbt. I wasn't able to get an accurate one on the day I think was 1DPO because we were camping and it was freezing all night (40s) and I barely slept (which lowers my temp) so when I took my temp, even the thermometer was ice cold and I got a 96.6 reading, then took a long nap and it was 97.4 so I recorded that one but discarded it. Oh well. Hopefully FF will figure things out if tomorrow's temp is still high.

My DH wants to keep his family name and make our baby boy the 4th, so it's kind of not up for discussion. He's always talked about it, so when we found out yesterday it was kind of a done and decided convo. While I wanted to have some creativity in names, it's a bit of a relief for it to just be decided.

This WAS our definite plan for a boy, he'd be the 4th as well, but suddenly after our IVF consult, dh said he wants to look at other boy names and MAYBE we'll go with something else :). I'm ok with it either way but itd def be awesome to pick another one! My dh was SET on passing down his family name so idk what exactly changed his mind but he did way he wants to see if we find a good name that has a good meaning like "blessing" or "miracle" or something that fits with the journey we've been through to make our LO together :). We haven't even really thought about girl names! Lol. As soon as we know IVF succeeded, we're going out to buy our first baby name book together & will get to picking our girl name as well :).

OH and a huge congrats on the baby boy!!! :) :) :)

I'm super sick I've been stuck in bed all day.... My two boys are and cough with their mouths open...even when I tell my oldest to please cover his. Here I am sick as a dog now :(

Feel better hun! Ive been sick every other week for the last 2-3 months! Having a kid in school, I seem to get sick constantly now!! Hopefully my prenatals are already starting to help. Idk why I ever stopped taking them! Get better soon!

Took IC half hour ago, pic taken 3 mins after i took the test, now iv had a few evaps but this looks pink?

I def see something! My rule with ICs is to wait and see if its darker within the next day or two before knowing for sure if it's a true positive. It truly is looking good tho so FX super tight!!! :) It really looks like many will have their BFPs by the time of my IVF transfer! Thats exciting! :)

So I am chugging water, getting nice and hydrated to make drawing blood from my tiny veins a little easier. I'm so nervous they won't be able to get enough for all the tests I have today but I can always go back tomorrow if needed, thats one reason I wanted to go on day 2 instead of 3 to begin with. Anyway, I'm about to head out the door and as soon as its done, ill be calling my RE and since its so late, I probably won't hear much more until tomorrow but hopefully they fill me in on when to start BCP asap. FX for it to be this cycle! :) Also, I'm hoping I get an answer about dhs SA when I call today as well since they haven't called us yet. FX, again, for that as well!

:dust: To All!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->