Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

Good morning, ladies. Slept solid last night so I can be confident about today's bbt. I was really hoping for a big rise by now. this cycle's pattern looks exactly like October's, and obviously that was ovulatory.

The only difference with this one is that I had the pre-O spotting (which means nothing anyway) and post-O pink CM (which happened before the dip so that probably means nothing, too), and sore boobs started immediately but since the dip they are barely tender - usually they are sore a few DPO until right before AF (bad sign I assume - worried AF will come early and my cycles are getting wonky).

I am accepting this is another ovulatory cycle and that temps will hold stead a few more days then drop off this weekend. Bummed.

Don't count yourself out so soon June! Just because it looked like this once doesn't mean this isn't the month for your :bfp: ! Did you test in October? Your dip this month was even bigger than the one in Oct

Don't count yourself out so soon June! Just because it looked like this once doesn't mean this isn't the month for your :bfp: ! Did you test in October? Your dip this month was even bigger than the one in Oct

Yeah I am pretty sure I did test around 12DPO but didn't record it cuz it was such a clear BFN and I felt dumb. I am trying to find out if there are different hormones that explain sore breasts immediately post-O or even during conception vs. sore breasts that develop in pregnancy VS. sore breasts from PMS. Yep, obsessing. But I'm very analytical by nature... I am wondering if the soreness I felt was BECAUSE I ovulated (they were sore on the sides which I read indicates O) and since I am enough past O now, those hormones tapered off. Different hormones must be responsible for gearing up to menstruate, and different ones after conception, right??? Or am I just being nuts?????????????

You're not crazy to wonder these things! I obsessed too. So estrogen is responsible for nipple/front soreness, and progesterone for soreness on the sides. The month that we conceived I had REALLY sore nipples around ovulation and then didn't feel soreness again for weeks BUT I got full ferning on my ovulation microscope (essentially just strong estrogen presence) but I never really got sore boobs before my period anyway. Most women had sore boobs way before I did in their pregnancy. Now they just really ache at night, like ALL over.

You're not crazy to wonder these things! I obsessed too. So estrogen is responsible for nipple/front soreness, and progesterone for soreness on the sides. The month that we conceived I had REALLY sore nipples around ovulation and then didn't feel soreness again for weeks BUT I got full ferning on my ovulation microscope (essentially just strong estrogen presence) but I never really got sore boobs before my period anyway. Most women had sore boobs way before I did in their pregnancy. Now they just really ache at night, like ALL over.

I guess I should just stop ruminating on this and hope that the soreness going away when normally it's the worst might be good! The initial soreness was probably just indicative of a strong O! FX my temps rise more... and maybe like you I won't get sore breasts for another couple weeks, which is actually more common (to not have sore breasts if pregnant until AF is late). If nothing else, I should be thankful I am not the normal raging, sore PMS monster (yet) I usually am ;) Thanks for your support!

PS - interesting about the ferning. I used my fertile focus before I switched to just bbt and OPK wondfos because those were just easier to interpret. I'll see if I have any ferning tonight... if I do/don't, does it really mean anything though?

June, some claim that when you're pregnant you'll see full ferning..... I tried it a couple weeks ago and nothing clear as day NO FERNING..... Before, during TWW i'm so obsessed to finding out soon so i used ovu scope and i get partial and full ferning before AF starts which made me hope that maybe i was pregnant but no just an estrogen detected maybe because i'm not really ovulating well and i have an estrogen dominance which would indicate annovulatory or weak ovulation....FX it works the opposite for you.... BTW chart is looking great so far....

I personally never got full ferning hardly ever, just a couple days before O, so I was pretty surprised to see it after O! It can really vary from person to person as Daphne said but it's worth a look.. anything unusual for you can be indicative of something good to come! It's just all about what's normal for YOU! FX!

The ferning test worked well when I had a good sample (I'd have to have a semi-clean mouth, aka, rinse it in the morning, get ready, spit on the thing, THEN brush my teeth, but the best sample was usually after work, a couple hours since I'd eaten or drank anything. I would get nothing until 5-6 days before O, when it would be partial/scattered around the sample fluffy looking "leaves," then those would turn into crosshatched "snowflakes" of lots of thin intersecting lines almost over the whole sample. Then after O I'd have NOTHING. Sometimes I'd get partials during AF, too. Very curious now. Wish I'd brought it with to work, LOL.

Good morning, ladies. Slept solid last night so I can be confident about today's bbt. I was really hoping for a big rise by now. this cycle's pattern looks exactly like October's, and obviously that was ovulatory.

The only difference with this one is that I had the pre-O spotting (which means nothing anyway) and post-O pink CM (which happened before the dip so that probably means nothing, too), and sore boobs started immediately but since the dip they are barely tender - usually they are sore a few DPO until right before AF (bad sign I assume - worried AF will come early and my cycles are getting wonky).

I am accepting this is another ovulatory cycle and that temps will hold stead a few more days then drop off this weekend. Bummed.

They actually say an implantation dip happens the day AFTER implantation starts, so ur spotting would actually line up PERFECTLY. I'm def not counting u out and since ur temp stayed up today, I'm guessing yest wasn't too far off either. Idk but I have a really good feeling. I'm crossing these fingers extra tight for you! It really all does line up...will you test within the next couple of days? I'm very excited for ur test!!!

Thanks, aidensmommy (Mary, right?). I am just so used to NOT getting pregnant, I have sort of lost hope, although I want to keep trying for a while before more specific tests on hormones, etc. I forgot to mention, I am peeing like twice as much as usual and actually cut back on fluids so I wasn't rushing to the bathroom every 30 mins. But that could just be nerves.

My temps/chart always look good - so this chart isn't out of the ordinary BUT the pink cm was very weird - and before the dip... as you said, makes me hope a little more. I expect my temps to hold out until at least Saturday. They often stay up until day 2 of AF, so unless I start feeling something intensely weird by the weekend or my temp spikes mega high, I will not touch a test until AF is late (she's due next Monday). Those BFNs break my heart.

OH! Another plus this cycle - my skin hasn't broken out at all - major plus, and abnormal :)

I have a good feeling too Mary!!

Can you please make a countdown for your IVF next step?! I cannot wait!! Lol

Yeah I am pretty sure I did test around 12DPO but didn't record it cuz it was such a clear BFN and I felt dumb. I am trying to find out if there are different hormones that explain sore breasts immediately post-O or even during conception vs. sore breasts that develop in pregnancy VS. sore breasts from PMS. Yep, obsessing. But I'm very analytical by nature... I am wondering if the soreness I felt was BECAUSE I ovulated (they were sore on the sides which I read indicates O) and since I am enough past O now, those hormones tapered off. Different hormones must be responsible for gearing up to menstruate, and different ones after conception, right??? Or am I just being nuts?????????????

I too wondered this and honestly after looking back, the bb tenderness can be the same in bfn and bfp cycles. I do know If the pain is localized near your armpit area, that can be a good sign. And your right about the sides being sore indicating O (progesterone) and if you feel the tenderness more around your nips, thats usually more so from estrogen BUT dont get discouraged if you feel that, as I def had sore nips while pregnant with Aiden and estrogen tends to be a bit higher in the TWW in BFP cycles. As part of hormone balancing, after my embryo transfer, they'll obv give me progesterone of some sort but they may also give estrogen as well, depending on my hormone levels. Because with IVF u don't truly O, they balance the hormones that our bodies would naturally produce so reading my IVF pamphlet taught me a more about how much estrogen plays a key role in a successful pregnancy, AFTER O. Anyway sorry for rambling, my point is, you may feel NO breast tenderness at first or some may feel tenderness on the sides, the nips, or all over. As you said, its def due to hormone changed but since progesterone mimics pregnancy hormones soo much, its hard to say until that BFP comes along. You have no idea, I spent an entire TWW searching stuff about this on google a few months back, as my bbs were hurting more towards the sides so I was obsessed, lol. I really think ur signs sound great!!! I'm VERY excited for your test date! Do u have any cheapies u could use tomorrow?! :) lol I'm soo impatient!!

I have a good feeling too Mary!!

Can you please make a countdown for your IVF next step?! I cannot wait!! Lol

lol, Thanks hun :). And believe me, I cannot wait either!!!! Tomorrow is my next appt so hopefully ill be able to really start a countdown after speaking with him tomorrow :). FX! I do know it'll be within 3-5wks from when I started the BCP. I'm hoping for it to be more like 3-4wks tops so we have enough time for another stimulated cycle IF needed. Tomorrow we will know if my uterus still looks as good as it did last year and we'll be making sure there's nothing that can get in the way up there ahead of time for transfer day, which is what the "mock-transfer" is for so those things will def be good to know and we'll be one more step closer to the actual procedure :) woohoo! Im crossing my fingers so tight that I can come on here tomorrow and know at least a VERY good estimate of when we will start...FX FX FX!

Thanks, aidensmommy (Mary, right?). I am just so used to NOT getting pregnant, I have sort of lost hope, although I want to keep trying for a while before more specific tests on hormones, etc. I forgot to mention, I am peeing like twice as much as usual and actually cut back on fluids so I wasn't rushing to the bathroom every 30 mins. But that could just be nerves.

My temps/chart always look good - so this chart isn't out of the ordinary BUT the pink cm was very weird - and before the dip... as you said, makes me hope a little more. I expect my temps to hold out until at least Saturday. They often stay up until day 2 of AF, so unless I start feeling something intensely weird by the weekend or my temp spikes mega high, I will not touch a test until AF is late (she's due next Monday). Those BFNs break my heart.

OH! Another plus this cycle - my skin hasn't broken out at all - major plus, and abnormal :)

Yes Mary :). And I completely understand what ur saying. I've had some pretty nice looking charts and TOO many let downs as well so I completely get being "prepared for the worse". I ALWAYS prepare myself right around 9dpo actually (its weird cuz that's where u are! lol) but every TWW I feel good about everything and then around 9dpo, I start to talk myself down JUST to prepare. For me, there wasn't much chance of pregnancy without IVF (to my knowledge...we dono if enzymes worked or not...) but every month I just kept trying and kept hope but after awhile, I stopped allowing myself to get so emotional invested, for my own sanity. So I completely get what you mean when you say your so used to seeing BFN's. I truly hope this month changes that and you get your VERYY sticky BFP!!! FX FX FX! STAY UP TEMP, STAY UP! :)

Gee, it has really gotten quiet in this thread! I need my BFP so I can move on over with u other ladies! Thankfully I know this thread is blessed with lots of baby dust so it won't be long! :) And I decided to stay away from IVF threads, other than the one I created for any other 1st timers because yest I came across TOO many BFN ivf cycles and I just can't let myself look at stuff like that. Many of those women did have uterine issues (fibroids & such) but it still doesn't help seeing so many failed rounds, u know? I'm going into the TWW after my transfer with the mind frame of "PUPO" (Pregnant until proven otherwise). I think that phrase will help me greatly during the TWW after IVF. I'm def preparing myself for a second round if needed but of course that's a big IF as I sure hope it works the first time! I'm getting more and more anxious by the day. Tomorrow is my SHG & mock transfer and then we meet with our RE right after to go over all of the results from the tests this past week AND hopefully we can get at least a good idea of when the meds will start. I'm still going to try to get our consent appointment changed to even the 13th would be good. We'll see. DH and I already read through our big consent form pack so IF I am able to get the doctor to agree to doing the signing tomorrow, we'll be prepared for it but I'm not getting my hopes up, as I have no clue if he'll do it. We shall see tomorrow!! FX!!

Although I'm super excited to start the meds, since that'll mean Retrieval day will be coming up quick, I'm really nervous about all of the injections. I know I can do it, I'm just scared of the muscle shot i read about and I'm scared of developing OHSS (Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome) from the stem meds as well. I did read that Gatorade and salty foods, as well as high protein foods are all good to help prevent OHSS from occurring so I already have a few salty snacks picked out for when the time comes. I know the risks of OHSS are quite low so as long as I eat healthy, along with salty foods and Gatorade, I'll probably be just fine. I'm sure after my appt tomorrow, ill feel a little less anxious for at least a few days until another question for the RE pops into mind...lol. Thank you all for 'listening' to me go on and on...I needed to get that off my chest!

God, please let this be the one and only IVF round that we'll need to complete our family! <3 fingers crossed!!!!

I hope you don't Tink I'm miss know it all or anything. I just read a lot of blogs and follow women who are going through/went through ivf. From what I have heard, the key to pain-free injections is to ice the area for at least 20 minutes before the injection and to alter sites and sides so you don't get so sore. I have also heard that ohss isn't that common and coconut water is also really great for after the transfer.

Jess, I still cant believe your already about 19 wks pregnant!!!!! Hopefully ill be joining you before you hit week 25-27...then ill have about 13-15 weeks of pregnancy with you and Kenna :) Also, have u had your gender scan yet? I had mine with Aiden at 15wks and so when I saw how far along u are, I started wondering if I missed an announcement. If not, it should be coming up really soon!! Soo exciting!

Technically our gender scan is March 12th.........but we do know what we are having. The only people to know right now are me, baby, hubby and my 8 month old nephew because I had to tell someone and he can't talk yet lol. Ronny and I are going back one forth on when I can tell you guys. It won't be before the 14th because I promised we would tell our parents before the rest of the world. Ronny says that I can't tell anyone until we reveal at the party, but it's a month away lol.

lol I bet your having a boy!!! Thats my guess! Cant wait to really know!!! :) What a tease you are! Lol :haha:

And I dont mind ur advice at all! My RE actually told me the same thing in the 20pg packet he sent us...lol. And I dont bruise easily so hopefully that'll be ok. I just remember a muscle shot I had in my butt cheek a few yrs back and OMGOSHH, It hurt worse then them draining the abscess in my calf!! I cried for 20mins and I have a really high tolerance for pain so I'm hoping its not THAT bad, lol. Thats the one shot in going to have DH do for me. The rest, ill have no issue doing on my own. I went to school for phlebotomy when I was 20 and these obv wont be going in my veins so that part im not worried about, im more worried about whether im going to have to mix meds and stuff like that. I know ill feel better after the doc explains it all to us, but just reading online so far, im sooo confused! Lol. Any tip you have at all, im happy to take! :) I wish I would have looked into IVF info more myself now, but because I thought I'd never have a shot at medicated IVF, I guess I was always too depressed to read about it, u know? I'm glad someone on this thread (you) is a little familiar with the process. I know it'll be helpful for me. If I want to avoid seeing any sad news on IVF threads, now I know I can just ask u any questions! :haha:

As curious and tempted as I am, I refuse to test (even with the 2 or 3 cheapies I have left) unless one of the things I said happens: huge temp rise, boobs get very sore again, or missed AF next week). I don't ever want to see another BFN!! I will let you know what the ferning test shows, though ;) - that won't be until 6:15PST at the earliest, closer to 8PST if I go to the gym tonight (I am going to try and go every day to distract myself and get that feel-good endorphin rush. Plus, I'm either going to be a thin, hot wannabe mamma OR a hot expectant mamma with a cute bump while vacationing in Mex. in May!).

Thanks, all! So hopeful for that big rise and sore boobs again next week... jeez I sound silly.

Ooooh June we totally conceived in Mexico.. it's good luck there. Not that you will need to wait that long but I have very good memories there :D

Thanks, all! So hopeful for that big rise and sore boobs again next week... jeez I sound silly.

lol, even if u dont get another big rise, ur temps staying where they are or steadily, slowly rising would be great too. I noticed u usually do get a big rise around 9-11dpo so thats another thing I noticed different about ur chart this month, too. That could be a good sign because as I said, estrogen tends to be higher in BFP cycles which can make temps rise slower for some. Some women get NO temp rise the cycle of their BFP! I think I've seen it all! Lol. I def have hope for you! And def test when its best for YOU. Just because I'm impatient for u to test, doesn't mean u have be :haha: Itd probably best so you get a clearer answer if the witch is nice enough to not show this month! FX!

I keep thinking, I just had HOPEFULLY my last AF until after my pregnancy, as long as first times a charm for us :) FX! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->