Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

Mary, I took and highly advise ladies to take the progesterone up the rear. Sorry ladies! Takes a little getting used to but there's no discharge that way. I wouldn't have made it 12 weeks taking it vaginally. It was way too messy!

Thanks for the tip Dani!

Still waiting for the clinic to call.... Today is going by so incredibly slow!

Ugh mary don't they know we are impatient!? lol

Just FYI ladies, I asked the pharmacist about taking the suppositories rectally as well as my doc and they both said to definitely take them vaginally. They aren't absorbed as well rectally although they're less messy. They're a pain in the uh... butt.. but I just used a legit pad at night for the first twelve weeks.

Mixed message from my doc and the Internet. Mine told me rectally was fine and absorbed just as well. Considering I had 3 losses without it and made it here with the rectal, I would think it's ok. Mary, double check with your doc but there's probably an equal number of successes on bnb alone of ladies that used it both ways.

Mine say in the booklet "can be taken rectally or vaginally" and my Dr said either way is fine.

The clinic called and ALL 5 FERTILIZED!!!! I am so incredibly happy right now! They haven't scheduled the actual transfer time and date yet because they're going to see if most of them make it to day 3 and if so, they'd probably ask if I want to push it to day 5. We'll see how it goes! It seems to me though that having less eggs worked in my favor so far. FX they're ALL good for pregnancy, or at least 1-2 to transfer :). You guys have no idea how happy we are right now! Dh and I both got teary eyed when we got the news (happy tears of course!). So there will be a transfer, woooo! This is amazing! I still cant believe we had 100% mature & 100% fertilized! That's awesome! :happydance:

Ugh mary don't they know we are impatient!? lol

Just FYI ladies, I asked the pharmacist about taking the suppositories rectally as well as my doc and they both said to definitely take them vaginally. They aren't absorbed as well rectally although they're less messy. They're a pain in the uh... butt.. but I just used a legit pad at night for the first twelve weeks.

My RE told me I could take them rectally if I choose to but they said it's completely up to me. I just never spoke to anyone who tried it (or admitted it anyway) until Dani and Laura told me they tried it. I thought about it this a.m because the nurse also told me it helps with less "leakage" & she said I won't have to lay down for 20mins if I do it rectally, whereas I have to lay down doing it vaginally, which I'm ok with for now. In the end, the medicine is going into your system both ways, from what my IVF clinic told me a few weeks back when I had my "injection/meds class". I wonder why your sources suggest otherwise. I was worried that they wouldn't absorb as much as well but I'm thinking that's why when I get the injection on ER & ET days, I only get 100mg that full day, but when I use the suppositories, I have to use them twice a day so they probably expect us to loose some, u know?

Thanks for the tips girls! :)

This is going to be an AMAZING 10 days, I can feel it! :dust:

Amazing news Mary!

Thank you so much Laura! I am beyond ecstatic about this! 5 is a great number in my eyes! Now lets pray at least 4 of them are alive and well tomorrow afternoon when I get the call to schedule my transfer time! FX soo extremely tight! Like I keep saying, as long as we have at least 1 (hopefully 2) on transfer day, I will be one happy momma! :) Aiden is super excited. We decided to let him in on everything, in a way, and he knows we'll know soon if it worked. He saw me doing injections some a.m's so I explained to him that they're to TRY and help us make a baby. When I said we'll have 1 or 2 in my belly, he said "well we have 5!" LOL. He's too cute and def has my baby fever! He keeps talking about when HE'S a daddy! Lol, sloooww down child! :haha:

The clinic called and ALL 5 FERTILIZED!!!! I am so incredibly happy right now! They haven't scheduled the actual transfer time and date yet because they're going to see if most of them make it to day 3 and if so, they'd probably ask if I want to push it to day 5. We'll see how it goes! It seems to me though that having less eggs worked in my favor so far. FX they're ALL good for pregnancy, or at least 1-2 to transfer :). You guys have no idea how happy we are right now! Dh and I both got teary eyed when we got the news (happy tears of course!). So there will be a transfer, woooo! This is amazing! I still cant believe we had 100% mature & 100% fertilized! That's awesome! :happydance:

This is such wonderful news Mary! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! :happydance:
I feel so warm and fuzzy inside reading your update and now I'm trying to think if this is what fertilized eggs make me feel like what will I do WHEN you tell us about your BFP in a couple of days :D

You just stay positive as you have been and I trust that you, dh and Aiden will be blessed soon :hugs:

Wonderful news Mary!!!! So happy for you..... Can't wait to hear you announce your :bfp: sometime next week? I can keep my hair untangled by then... :haha:

Yay Mary! That is such fantastic news!

And you were right! I get to trigger tonight! Yay!

Thank you all!!! :) I cannot wait to be announcing our BFP, either! Yay!! I've never felt more hopeful while TTC! FX!

Yay! I thought they'd have you trigger! My follies grew 6+mm in 3 days & I guess thats the usual growth rate while on injections (about 2mm/day) so I had a feeling yours would be of size today. :). What size were your follies today?

And just a warning, the trigger was the most painful injection for me. I still feel bruised where I did it. It was so hard to push in, too, that I was worried I did something wrong but all was okay :). Idk if ull see this before u do it but if u do, id recommend putting some ice on the injection site before you do it. Who knows, it may not be bad for u. My REs office said that because I'm so skinny, it causes a little more pain sometimes so that may have been the problem for me. Anywhoo, good luck!!! I cant wait for the end of both of our TWW's!! Woohoo!

Hey ladies, I was TTC for 3 years. Last October 2014 I finally seen the BFP. After 6 weeks I had a miscarriage. I was heart broken, but I know it will happen soon. No giving up for me.

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry you had to experience a miscarriage and hope that your rainbow baby is just around the corner.

13 DPO FMU FRER. I don't see anything. And, I had a temp dip today.

I do see something and then I don't. I don't know what way to got with your tests. I'm still holding out hope for you though.

Over here, back to the RE this afternoon to check follicle progression. I hope they're doing great and I can trigger this weekend!

Fingers crossed for you! What were your numbers?

I feel like all of my progesterone is leaking out of me. I looked it up and Its looking like that's normal but its alot! Thats probably why my RE told me to lay down for 20mins after inserting it.

Any of you past or present progesterone users, did this happen with you as well?

The progesterone did leak out of me but I found that if I pushed it up there as high as I possibly could get it and put it in at night there was less leaking than when I would put it in in the morning if I forgot. The trick is to really get it in there far and wear a panty liner for the oopsie moments when you have a gush. I have heard people say that they used it rectally but my doctor advised against it. Perhaps it depends on the brand and makeup of the progesterone.

I started testing the trigger out as of today and even tho its not a true positive YET (FX!), I love seeing myself produce a line that I don't have to squint for! Lol. Its not as dark as I expected so hopefully it'll be out 8-10 days after trigger so I can test early :) lol. FX!

Pics or it didn't happen lol.

I feel like all of my progesterone is leaking out of me. I looked it up and Its looking like that's normal but its alot! Thats probably why my RE told me to lay down for 20mins after inserting it.

Any of you past or present progesterone users, did this happen with you as well?

Ladies, I have my first fertility consult tomorrow morning with the hubby. What should I expect?

In my first fertility consult she did some bloodwork and ordered a more extensive ultrasound. We talked about prior history and health and all of that good stuff. If you haven't started temping and charting, I would start that right away so they can see if your hormones are all in balance as things vary from day to day.

Thats awesome!!! Hopefully they all make it to day 3! Would you want to do a day 3 or 5 transfer? I have heard 5 day transfers have higher success rates, but with iffy embryo's day 3 is better.

You have some pretty exciting news too! Are you doing timed intercourse or an IUI?

Hello ladies- while I'm still brand new to this forum, I still read and feel joy for all of you. Congrats Mary for your amazing news <3

Jess, originally I wanted to do a 5 day transfer but now with limited eggs, ill probably be doing a 3dt. Usually day 5s have higher success because if they live for that long, its quite promising but I figure if I only have 2-4 on day 3, itd probably be best to go ahead and transfer 2 back on day 3. I just dont want to risk them arresting before day 5. My RE said that although they may not survive that long outside of the body but the same embies that dont make it outside of the body could have very well turned into a baby had it had been transferred back earlier, if that makes sense. I've done alot of research and really there's not too much of a difference between a day 3 & a day 5. Day 5's are good for preventing multiple gestation, as someone 35 or younger only would have to put back 1 for very good odds & there's more healthy full term pregnancies with singletons. With day 3, they usually like to put 1-2 back in for odds as high as day 5, which we'll be doing 2, if we have them :) FX! I hope that made sense. I feel a little out of it!

And ur too funny about the pic of my test! :haha: I will ask Kenna if she can start posting them for me, or, ill text you Jess if she's busy :). I have a feeling the trigger will be out of my system 2dp3dt (7 days after trigger). Its already faded alot but we shall see! I'm hoping that I can potentially get a BFP @ 7dp3dt. FX! I think time will start to fly again after the transfer is done. I can enjoy being PUPO at that point! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->