Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

OMG....DH has just announced that he expects me to leave the room to breastfeed (at home) WTF?!?! and he's serious. Said he doesn't want me 'whipping my boobs out' in front of the kids.

I'm in shock, and I have no idea what to say to him now.

OMG Tink you got an amazing bump :happydance::hugs: I seem to be bloated from my ribcage down, dont think i can remember being that bloated with korben that high up lol x

PK hope your ok sweetie.... :hugs::kiss::hugs:

OMG....DH has just announced that he expects me to leave the room to breastfeed (at home) WTF?!?! and he's serious. Said he doesn't want me 'whipping my boobs out' in front of the kids.

I'm in shock, and I have no idea what to say to him now.

Oooooo wow Tink :wacko: how you gonna handle that one?

I have no idea Pops......we never really discussed it. He always knew I would breastfeed but never voiced an opinion. I'm really upset, he hasn't a clue either, he's forgot about it already like it wasn't important.

How can I work that then? newborns seem to feed all the time, so I have to sit upstairs 50% of the time?! and if he's that disgusted how will it effect him? will I have to leave the bedroom for night feeds?

I dunno what to say to him, any ideas? I'm stumped

Hi girls,

Tink lovely bump not long now! Yes willow farm sounds good, maybe next week one day? Can't believe you have all your shopping done! My bedroom is pretty full also. Just bags full of clothes and blankets etc I bought in America plus gifts and my pram still in the box. Which carseat did u get? Maxi cosi? I need a maxi cosi or cybex Aton then adapters for the pram.
As far as the bf I will be the one embarrassed to whip out boobs in front of kids especially if my 17 yr old step son is around :blush:.

Poppy aww cute little bump :awww: can't wait for pics from your scan remember we need the nub!!

Will get a bump pic in a mo! Xx

I'm sure he isn't disgusted is he? You do whatever is comfortable for you I think it's great that u are bf, I really hope I'm successful this time. When I was in the waiting room at the midwife a breastfeeding support worker spoke to me and took my details, she said they visit about a month before DD and then after baby comes I'm looking forward to the support this time around, but dread being out and bf.

Its a sticky situation, but you really need to find the right moment and talk to him and ask him why he's against you being open feeding your baby and get to the bottom of it, last thing you need is to feel uncomfortable and sent into a corner feeding her its not right and what does it say to your other daughter when she becomes a mum? :wacko:

hmmmmm the way he was talking it sounded like he was...... he was talking about it like it was something wrong and discussing :cry:

I saw the same woman at the clinic the other week, will be good to have the support, I think I have forgotten how to do it :rofl: I brought a Bebe au lait nursing cover for feeding out and about, I got it on ebay for £10, think new they are more like £20 but you can use a muslin or something for the same sort of thing. I got a maxi cosi from babies r us when they were on sale :)

Yes later next weeks ok for me, busy Monday Tues.

Hey Mother of 4! :wave: thanks for your reply on the third tri forum. Was gonna send you a message to say thanks for the support :hugs: How are you? x

oh no Tink, I can't believe he feels that way you need to put him straight, you will be going through enough :hugs:

ok late next week then. x

bump pic 28 weeks 4days

Attachments

• AprilMay 2011 124.jpg
    AprilMay 2011 124.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 5
Aw thanks...she looks like her sister. How are you doing? Taking procardia right now to keep my contractions down since this little one is trying to come early...no fun...hoping to make it at least 2 more weeks.

I will have a chat with him later, when the kids are in bed. I put a message in the third tri forum and getting some strong opinions :haha: its actually making me feel a lot better to hear people outraged by it, cause that's exactly how i feel!

Tink-I'm not sure what I'd say :shrug: You for sure have a right to be upset. I would feel the same way. Has he ever been around someone breastfeeding before?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->