Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

oh ok now I get it, was imagining trying to squat over a small opening to a water bottle :rofl:

Oh and DH is bringing up her coat, blanket, hat, and something for me to wear home. Its packed up in a bag in her car seat......obsessive organised Tink.... x

Oh and DH is bringing up her coat, blanket, hat, and something for me to wear home. Its packed up in a bag in her car seat......obsessive organised Tink.... x

hehe not a bad idea though. No idea what to pack to wear home yet as depends how hot it is

Morning Ladies!

I just skimmed back to see the results of Poppy's ultrasound- OMFG - I am so flipping happy for your girly Pops!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! Brought a tear to my eye!! :hugs:

Tink- when is your induction again? I think fairly soon, right? My OH wants me to start packing a bag- but was clueless of what to pack. Thanks for the list!

Has Phoebe been on? I think she is first to go and haven't seen her in a while......

:hi: MC, Coral, Puppycat, Caz, babyhopes, CG, Hopes and everyone! Hope you are all doing well!!!!

Hi Lew :hi:

hope you are well, just to let you know you wont need to maternity pads, diapers etc as the hosptials provide them there, but you probably already know that. They also give you pacifiers, blankets, clothes for the baby etc.

Thanks Lew dont think its sunk in properly yet :hugs:

Poebe popped on other day think her induction is the 20th June, but someone correct if wrong. Hows your pregnancy going? Quite a few of you getting closer :happydance:

Pregnancy going ok...no major problems which I should be happy about. Just very uncomfortable with swelling, backaches, getting up a million times at night to pee, etc..... I am feeling alot of pressure on my bladder, so I guess she is sitting pretty low..... all normal stuff, so I should be thankful, right :)

48 more days...I really hope baby girl wants to show up on time- I think it will do my head in if she is more than a few days late!

Coral- I didn't know all of that- thanks for the info!!!! I am sooooo clueless of what to bring to hospital.

What are you all dressing baby up in to bring her home?
What are you going to wear yourself? Not sure what would be most comfortable....

Tink- have a question....

I have been avoiding drinking much caffeine this pregnancy...well, this morning I feel like I over did it. Had a 12 ounce glass of iced tea and feel my heart racing a bit....

Is it harmful for the baby? I am so mad at myself for drinking so much of it and hope I didn't stress out the bubba....

That's why i gave Coral the list, she had her 2 bubbas in the states so although she's been there and done it all before, she has yet to have 'the British Hospital Experience' :haha: which I think might be a little different. Sorry your still swolen and sore, I hear ya! My skin is so tight, and its hard to bend my legs now :cry: I packed a long loose top and leggings for coming home. That way if its hot I'll be ok, and can just add a jacket or cardigan if its cooler. Youll prob still be quite big, looking about 5 months preggo so its still maternity gear I'm afraid! I haven't got a date, but should be in around 3 weeks time x

yes good idea tink long floaty top and leggings sounds comfy. 36 days to go for me, not that I'm counting :rofl:

Lew I've been really bad this pregnancy, I haven't been watching my caffeine much at all :blush: I usually have a cup of regular coffee every morning, sometimes 2!! I don't think it will harm the baby though, although I think it stops your body from taking in more calcium so shouldn't have it when you take your vits. I have had that feeling when your heart is racing it's not nice.

also not sure what I'm bringing baby home in, probably just a cute sleeper or something, maybe a little romper if its very hot, but will have a little cotton hat and thin blanket too.

Don't worry Lew, it doesn't sound like your having too much caffine, a little is ok. But like you experienced at this stage of pregnancy it can raise you heart rate, and cause palpitations. They seem hotter on this in the states than they are here, but the principle is the same. A small amount is fine, 1 cup coffee, or 3 cups tea per day is ok. I'm not sure of the content of iced tea. Anyhow, the reason I say don't worry is cause the risks are mainly in early pregnancy and are to do with development and miscarriage. Right now, you would suffer the effects more than your bubba (who would get a slower metabolised effect) and it would only really cause something similar to what you experienced, like a slightly raised HR. Coral also said something important, it can hinder absorption of certain nutrients too. However, I drink about 5 cups of tea a day, and my midwife said that was fine. x

Everything i packed for korben to come home in didnt fit him lol... we had no Tiny baby clothes, he weighed 7lb 5oz and none of the newborn fit him, we had to go out and buy more clothes and socks. Not making that mistake again.

I would even if only fit for a week or two. Everything drowned korben even socks. Matalan do Tiny baby, Next stopped doing them. Mothercare does some too.

I'm just bring bubba home in a babygrow, like Coral I have a little cotton hat, and light jacket and a blanket for her. I figured once all that's on no-one can see what she's wearing anyway :rofl: I'll play dress up as soon as we get home according to the weather and her size x

Yes, that's what I left off the list, socks for baby! I assumed if the all in ones are too long in the legs I can put socks on over the top to help them fit x

I got given 3 sleepsuits in up to 7.5lbs from next, worn but nothing wrong with them. You can have them in case if you want Coral? I assume Lily will be about that pretty soon :rofl: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->