Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

I just can't believe how 'to the point' she was!!

They're all giggling at the woman moaning - nice.

I know...I thought that too. I know they went a little overboard with the natural birthing thing (a little later there will be some chanting that might just make you giggle) but they didn't deserve to be laughed at. Ok I might have raised my eyebrow, but if she's coping by doing it that way why not? I found standing, leaning over the bed rotating my hips moaning to be the best way of coping with contractions. I looked ridiculous but who gives a toss? :haha: x

The poor midwife is trying to monitor the baby but they're giving her grief - bless her, she seems so lovely x

Yeah, poor woman, she was all for the natural birth and they are treating her like the enemy! x

Awww she just said she was glad her shift was over, I want to hug her :(

hey all hope are ok

Raining here today. Looks like my niece will be coming out of hospital today was under the uv lights for 12hrs and her jaundice levels have come down. Think she is combi feeding bf and I think might be prem milk in bottles. She lots about 13oz but now putting on again. My poor mum is trying to sort thier house as they r staying there for a while so i one room my old sofa double bed, a cot and now a moses basket and the council says my parents house isn't overcrowded and won't give them a house!!! My two other brothers live there too.

anyway feeling alot better today been to asda (a nightmare) and Mckenzie has eaten a descent lunch :)

Oh I watched the usa one born and oh my god that commentator!!!! I thought a lot of it wasn't natural and a bit cheesy sorry usa gals.

well went to the fete and it poured so went home anyway!! :growlmad:

The american hospitals are just like that. I had one lovely nurse(they arent called midwives but Registered nurses) when I was in labour but one awful one who shouted at me if I tried to step one foot out of my bed to get comfy when I was in agony!! I was stuck to all kind of monitors and wasn't allowed out of my bed the whole 20 hours I was in labour. The nurse got on my nerves on that show with the natural birth couple. It's their baby and up to them what they do. I think she prob was trying to intervene so much because of all the law suits that happen out there if something goes wrong :shrug:

Hi Ladies,

Finally fixed my signature I'm still not too sure about it and should put up a pregnancy ticker but I don't want to get edited again I think I'll try just one for my pregnancy and not put any up for my other children

Tink- I can't believe that you're getting so close that is good that you're getting things finished up and the children are helping that's always a good thing my guess for you is about 8lbs10oz and obviously a girl no guessing there

For Pheobe I think a boy 8lbs14oz I can't wait for all the little babies to be born

Happy 35 weeks Coral just a little over 3weeks left for you!!

as for births in the US it is definately not very easy to have a natural birth my dr.'s pushed an induction with my first and they tried to make me believe that baby and I would die if I wasn't induced right away but I know that's not true now but with my 2nd I was able to have a more natural birth and move around and I had a midwife deliver both of my babies if you want to have a natural delivery here you have to really assert yourself which is not that easy when you're going through the pains of labor

UKers :haha: i had fun reading your posts about the OBEM american version. Yes, it really is true, birth here is nearly always full of medical intervention. I clearly have never given birth in this country or otherwise (yet :haha:) but I know thats pretty much how it goes here. They make it all very "clinical".. even the lowest risk births seem to be treated like a near medical emergency. From the time you are admitted to the hospital you generally are put in a bed and often they use routine IV's and monitors. From there once it is clear that you are in pain and at least 4-5cm dialated, they then nag you to give you the epidural. Thats why when all of you were talking about how you had a baby without an epidural, I was shocked and asked if that is just how things are done there, less intervention!? You can choose to have a midwife here in the US but they are not very common and a lot of people think its odd. I get weird looks when I say "oh my midwife said that..." they are like "what is THAT?" haha geez.

I actually feel really sorry for you American Ladies :hugs:

I can't imagine feeling like I wasn't the one in charge when I was in labour, it was like watching another world - funny how things differ over the water isn't it!

I'm just about to upload a few photos of my tesco test, be brutal ladies I have terrible line eye and I've had the photos on my phone for 4 hours waiting for my grandparents to leave!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to tweak some more ladies - I'm pants :)

Attachments

• IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 10
Puppycat in that 1st piccy is there a line in real life cos i think i got line eye now :dohh:

Lol, I see it too - which means nothing!!

Due AF either tomorrow or Monday so we shall see. And no more tests in the house, DH away... :(

:wacko: I got rotten line eye also :haha: but it does look promising PC. I suppose we could be seeing an evap... :shrug: I'm not convinced honey, but I think there is something there. I tweaked a pic for you x

Attachments

• Puppycat.jpg
    Puppycat.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 12
These are like 25miu so i didn't expect anything tbh, took the pics at 5mins xx

Was in Asda today and cashier said ' oh how long you got to go?' i said '21wks' she looked shocked and said i was big, first thing i thought of was Tinks bump piccy :haha: sorry Tink i have visions of being your size now come 30+ weeks :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->