Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Oh my a ding dong ann summers party :rofl:

Nighty night mc :hi:

Tinky is that birth story done yet? I'm looking forward to it. X

Hi Ladies.... Got back from doc...they said I was 1cm and 50% effaced . They also gave me a non stress test becuz I said I don't usually feel 10 moves in an hour...all was ok but also goin 4 an ultrasound to check fluid.
When I got home I realized I was bleeding....I guess doc irritated cervix ...should I worry?

hey lew, if it's just a little spotting, i wouldn't worry about it but monitor it to make sure it doesn't get worse. :hugs: yay for 1cm and 50% effaced!! :yipee: you're on your way sweetie :kiss:

poppy and MC...i very much enjoyed the talk about dh's "bobbles" and dtd or not. :rofl: that had me in stitches!!! :haha:

MC, i hope rhys turns soon for you hun and i LOVE the new pram!! :thumbup:

poppy, when are you scheduled for your next scan again? was it this week? i'm gonna miss you while you're away :sad1: :hugs: but i do hope you have a lovely holiday :flower:

puppy, what's an Ann Summers party?? is that like a lingerie party kind of thing? sorry your candle party didn't turn out well :hugs: i got invited to a "Pampered Chef" party this Saturday. :wacko: i like the stuff, but i really don't like going to these kinds of things. ugh.

tink, i'm looking forward to your birth story too sweetie :hugs: sounds like sweet Lilyanne is doing wonderful! :cloud9:

coral :wohoo: not long now!!!!!!

caz, china, lupey, damita, SB, laura, ....who am i missing???? well, that's all i can remember now...BIG :hug:

afm, just been crazy around here trying to get stuff prepared for the new house. trying to pick out paint colors and get some new furniture for the kids' rooms. and get this!!!!! my old company (the one i quit in december and then asked me to come back and do therapy on saturdays a couple of months ago that just ended in june) is now asking me to come back and do therapy on Saturdays AGAIN!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: i don't know what to do :dohh: money is SO tight right now, but i just don't know if i'm up for it. especially with all the ivf stuff coming up, but we could REALLY use the money right now b/c of the new house and the ivf. uuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhh. i don't know what to do. :nope: dh has left it up to me and will support either decision. i'm just so confused about what the best decision will be. i hate things like this. i told dh i feel like it's either a total blessing (b/c we're really broke right now) or a test from God b/c it's like a curse that keeps coming back. it's SO stressful to work there and so much work and i always feel so trapped when i'm there and stuck. it's such an oppressive place after a very short short time. blah. i don't know. otherwise, af should start for me on friday. temp dropped this morning and i've been cramping all day. just about 2 1/2 more weeks til i start bcp's!!! :yipee:

hopes, i wanted to do a separate post for you hun about the birth experience...i'm glad your friend finally delivered sweetie and all ended up fine :hugs:

it is very odd that your friend was confined to bed like that...even for here in the US. typically, like china said, it might be that way if she's already got an IV or some other complication that requires being in bed, but not just b/c her waters had already broken. weird. who knows what was going on with her doc or even the nurse. if they were having a busy night on the L&D ward or could be any number of stupid reasons for a nurse to do/say something like that when it might not be entirely true. and a first time mom especially wouldn't know or feel confident enough to challenge her on it.

for myself, once i got to a certain point in labor (usually being somewhere in the range of 6-8cm dilated and having very strong, very frequent contractions), i preferred being in the bed. BUT, with several of my labors, i was able to be up, walk around a little (even if just in my room), adjust positions whether to be on my side or whatever. my nurses, (in all of my deliveries) gave me options. with my first baby even, i was able to get on my knees and rock my hips or pace a little after my water was broken. even with the iv and the monitors...that never prevented me from being able to try moving around. they just unplugged everything and threw it over my shoulder until i was ready to go back, which usually was fairly soon b/c my labors moved pretty quickly. i think you just have to be very vocal and determined about what you want and don't let anyone bully you or make you question yourself. as long as the baby is safe and healthy (and you too of course :winkwink:) there's no reason why you should be forced to stay in the bed. i did all my deliveries without pain meds, so finding ways to deal with it and relax as much as possible was super important for me. although, like i said too...by a certain point, i only wanted to be in the bed and just let my body do what it needed to do. :winkwink:

oh and belated happy birthday sweetie!! :cake::hugs::cake::hugs:

Morning :hi:

Just eating my breakfast then off to clean my dads, I'm so dreading it, my pelvis is so sore :( I need the money though. Think I will cut corners though.:haha:

PK, thats a hard decision to make, me personally I think I wouldn't accept the offer. You will be busy with the IVF and don't need extra stress:hugs: but I understand you needing the money also.

hopes, i wanted to do a separate post for you hun about the birth experience...i'm glad your friend finally delivered sweetie and all ended up fine :hugs:

it is very odd that your friend was confined to bed like that...even for here in the US. typically, like china said, it might be that way if she's already got an IV or some other complication that requires being in bed, but not just b/c her waters had already broken. weird. who knows what was going on with her doc or even the nurse. if they were having a busy night on the L&D ward or could be any number of stupid reasons for a nurse to do/say something like that when it might not be entirely true. and a first time mom especially wouldn't know or feel confident enough to challenge her on it.

for myself, once i got to a certain point in labor (usually being somewhere in the range of 6-8cm dilated and having very strong, very frequent contractions), i preferred being in the bed. BUT, with several of my labors, i was able to be up, walk around a little (even if just in my room), adjust positions whether to be on my side or whatever. my nurses, (in all of my deliveries) gave me options. with my first baby even, i was able to get on my knees and rock my hips or pace a little after my water was broken. even with the iv and the monitors...that never prevented me from being able to try moving around. they just unplugged everything and threw it over my shoulder until i was ready to go back, which usually was fairly soon b/c my labors moved pretty quickly. i think you just have to be very vocal and determined about what you want and don't let anyone bully you or make you question yourself. as long as the baby is safe and healthy (and you too of course :winkwink:) there's no reason why you should be forced to stay in the bed. i did all my deliveries without pain meds, so finding ways to deal with it and relax as much as possible was super important for me. although, like i said too...by a certain point, i only wanted to be in the bed and just let my body do what it needed to do. :winkwink:

oh and belated happy birthday sweetie!! :cake::hugs::cake::hugs:

I guess each hospital has their own policies as I was strictly told I could not get out of bed under any circumstances, just because my water had broke:shrug: I was also on pitocin.

:wave: morning all!:hugs:
pk...thanx, i think he will turn in his own time :thumbup: and yes i love my new pram too :yipee: cant wait until its delivered!...soon time to start the ivf process then..:happydance: you'll have your :baby: soon i got a good feeling!:hugs: xxx

tink...im also looking forward to that birth story!:happydance:

all other dingdongs :hugs: and wave: xxxxxxx

:rofl: I ACTUALLY FINISHED THE BIRTH STORY :haha: Its here: x

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...nne-hazel-barley-22-06-11-a.html#post11563643

Post later, Lily having a feeding frenzy this morning x

Just popping in quickly need to clean the whole house with OH today so will catch up later... Tink thats one longgggggggggggggggggggggggg birth story :haha: will read later with a coffee :happydance::happydance:

Hope everyones well x

just sat having a :coffee: before i attack the bedrooms with a duster n hoover! going to go read tinks birth story :yipee: xxx

morning tink and poppy :hugs: xxx

Just read Tink's birth story and it was amazing!

Hope everyone is well :)

x x x

ok i can see the screen again :cry: i loved your birth story tink, you had it rough but you did it!!! :yipee: Lilyanne is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx

Thanks Jenny :) :hugs: you ok? x

MC, I had a little tear also when I read what you said. Thanks for caring honey :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->