Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Hey Jenny, zzzz a run of 4 nights huh? I used to hate them weeks. I'd be fine for the middle two but feel like dying the first and last. Can't imagine doing them whilst being in the first tri also though zzzzzzzzz you have my sympathy! Least your sickness hasn't been too bad. Make sure you eat and drink regularly through the nights wont you? :hugs: x

Pops, thought it was quite and elegant looking like shite photo :haha: and Lily obviously always makes a picture cute :) When do you leave again? x

You have my word Tink, i already have a bag full of snacks and drinks lol
The pic of you and Lilypie sleeping is gorgeous!!! LOVE IT
Bye for now DD's x x x

See you later when i get back Jenny, take care :hugs:

Tink go Saturday got to be at airport at 15.45 flight at 17.45. I hate flying so not looking forward to that.

We will miss ya Poppy :hugs: all packed up? did you sort the insurance etc? x

No been too busy today calling insurance tomorrow, havnt packed either yet pmsl going to iron everything tonight n pack.

Yes you will be missed poppy, have a lovely holiday though. Take it easy in the heat, stay in the shade as much as you can.

Jenny hope the next few nights fly by no fun working nights especially. Early pregnancy.

Tink aww you and lily taking a well deserved nap!

Just won a couple of newborn cardis on eBay for £1.71!
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=320723423299

:awww: cute pic tink:happydance:
just checking in to see how everyone is...hope your all well im escaping this madness and going to bed, i think i pissed baby off, he hasnt stopped shifting since doing the floor.....:yipee: nighty night all xx

about to watch OBEM on sky plus

night MC will this work https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320723423299&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Coral those are well cute, make sure to put them back on ebay for me to win after :haha:

:haha: I'll let you have them popsy!

OMG that old lady on OBEM was scary, but funny at the same time! :haha:

:wave: ladies

Been lurking most of today but feel better now so I'm gonna post!

Pops when will you be back? Wanna make sure you don't miss my BFP :rofl: ahhh I'm so funny!

MC my DH always asks what I'm doing, what's going on. I never tell him though - nosey DH :haha:

Tink you look just like a new mummy, tired and happy :thumbup: and Lily is worth every inch of it x

Jenny - Take care of yourself hun, sounds like a hard few nights work, I couldn't work nights - I think you have to be a certain type of person for it. My dad does it but he's never fully awake and when he is he doesn't do much because he's so shattered.

BD sorry you've been so sick honey, I say don't eat too late at night, sip your water don't drink too fast, and not too cold water either. Steer clear of TASTY foods, anything that might linger I mean :hugs:

AFM Been out tonight to a church 'come dine with me' event - was lush, food was awesome and the company is always great. Pastor took me to one side and told me the couple who had a go were in the darkness right now and I was to steer clear of them. He said they cared for me greatly at church and didn't want to see me hurt and this couple are not in a good place atm - made me feel better, been feeling quite rubbish since it all happened.

Coral she did sound funny lol

Puppycat back on 20th 7am be knackered. I'll be logging in anyways to try keep up to date, dont want to miss Corals day either.

:wave::hi: everyone

Puppy, praying for the couple & glad your feeling at ease about the situation:hugs: You have a wonderful spirit about you!!

Poppy, praying for safe travels for you and your family & I hope you have a blast:thumbup:

BabyD, I hope the MS eases up for you hun :hugs:

Regal good to see you, hope your doing well:hugs:

Happy Belated Birthday Hopes

MC,Jenny,Caz,Tink,Pk & all the DDs hiya:hi:

Asfm, I got sick but not as bad as the others. I will be lurking a lot & being quiet. Enjoy your evening ladies.

big :hugs: China, i hope you feel better soon sweetie and lots of :dust: for your 2ww hun :kiss:

tink what an AWESOME piccy of you and lily napping together :cloud9: i LOVE those days...can't wait to have it again. :awww:

coral, i bet you're excited sweetie...just a few more days!! i'm sure it'll all be just fine :hugs:

poppy, you be careful while you're away hun!!! i'll be praying for safe travels for you with china :hugs:

puppy, i'm glad your pastor was able to relieve your worries some about what happened with that couple. you never know where somebody is really at spiritually...being in church doesn't always mean they're where they're supposed to be with God :hugs:

MC, maybe little rhys is getting himself turned with all that work on all fours...too bad your dh won't give you some lovin' "on all fours" :haha: that might do the trick too! :haha:

hopes, how did i cope without meds? wellllllll.....it's been such a long time ago now...good grief! over 10 years since my last one! whew! but anyway, i never went to childbirth classes...mostly b/c i had so much preterm labor during my first one that there was never time and after that, i felt i didn't need it. pfft. during my first labor, after about 8 hours or so, i was ready to ask for some kind of pain relief...SOMEthing. but thank God, the nurse checked me again, and i had gone something like from 4-5cm to 9+cm in about an hour/hour and a half, so that gave me the boost i needed to get through to the end.

anyway, really, i just tried really really hard to focus on breathing through the contractions...trying to remember that they had a peak and would end. and always that there was a goal. that being the birth. i had to have it quiet and preferably muted lights. as much as i LIVE for music, music would have been too much stimulation for me and i didn't want any during labor. i had to put so much effort and energy into channeling pain tolerance and concentrated effort to making all the other parts of my body relax that music or any other extraneous stimulation would have distracted from that for me. i think that was a big part of it for me too...that focused/concentrated effort to keep my hands and legs and face all relaxed during the contractions. because (same as when you run or do other exercising) if you're tensing muscles you don't need during the contractions, you're expending unnecessary energy and will tire more quickly. meaning i would INTENTIONALLY NOT clench my fists, not tense my back or my legs, not flex my toes, not frown or tense my brow, etc....all the different things we do when we're tensed or stressed or in pain. those things detract from what your belly needs to be doing, in my opinion.

otherwise, also as my faith is a huge part of my life and very important to me, i just tried to meditate on my faith and i had my ex read certain scripture passages to me, particularly the psalms. it's probably one of the very very few cool things he did for me during our marriage.

i've also really been blessed with some fantastic nurses during each of my labors. my 2nd labor was particularly hard and painful and the nurse i had was AMAZING. she even stayed after her shift to make sure i got through it all. she was particularly skilled with Lamaze, but really she was just SO CALM and spoke to me in the most soothing voice. she rubbed my back and just talked me through the worst of the contractions.

i don't think i can pin it down to any one thing. i think if any of these elements had been "off" for me, i wouldn't have been able to do it. oh and for me, the pushing actually felt "good" (if you can use that word for it :dohh:). for me the pushing was not painful at all and it was a huge relief to finally be at that stage and i just didn't fight what my body wanted to do naturally. i don't know if any of what i said has helped you at all hun. and don't get me wrong...i totally support getting pain relief when/if you need it!! i think you just have to be in tune with your body and what it's telling you that you need. i would encourage you not to be "afraid" of the pain though. is it painful? yes. is it hard? yes. but it is doable. and my labors were quick, but not all easy by any means. i had pitocin with my first and my fourth. i can't remember if i had it with my third...must have because they induced me b/c i had pre-eclampsia, but the labor went SO fast, that there wasn't even time for the doc to prep and some other stuff. my 2nd labor was by far the most painful one. a back to back one like tink. one other was like that too, but i don't remember which one it was. i feel so stupid now for not having made some kind of record of details like that for my kids. :wacko: anyway, for me, as long as i knew what progress i was making and could gauge things from that, then i was ok to "i can do one more hour" or "i can do 30 more minutes"...until i had enough or until it was time to push. these damn period cramps are a whole other story though...i'm a complete wuss and whiner and wish they would just go away :cry: :haha: but there's no goal with this either. blah...now i'm the one rambling......pfft....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->