Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Some really good advice there for you Pops, i feel you though - Laura drove me insane, i'd have happily sold her on ebay at a few weeks old!

Now we're in the terrible twos and i'm there all over again. I need a break! Argh!

Aw popps, i hope it starts to get better for you soon. Sounds like tink knows exactly what she is talking about so dont be afraid to ask for help or advice. Big :hugs: hun x x

:wave::hi:everyone

Hey MC, good to see you..how are the boys??:hugs:

Oh, my little Poppy, Colic is not fun. Corey had it, and for the life of me I can't remember what I did to help him(of course that was 10 years ago:haha: ) But I do believe it was from his formula. Anywho...Like all the ladies have said it will get better:hugs: I don't have much advice but I do have lots of :hugs:

:happydance:CONGRATS TO MOMMYV!!!!!:happydance:

Tink your Awesome...keep the advice coming cause I am going to need it soon:thumbup: Hope Lili pie and all the Fam are doing well.

Lupine, so happy for you!!! :hugs:

Laura,Caz,Phoebe,SB,BD,BH,Puppy,Skweek,PK,all the other DD's:hugs:

Hey MC, PC :wave: delayed reactions here :haha: left this on and doing some housework. Good advice MC, yes tummy positions often work well for colicy babies. I sometimes laid Lily across my lap face down, patted her back and put the i pod next to her head with the white noise :haha: Totally agree MC, feels like forever when its happening, but even for me with Lily, soon becomes a distant memory. Take each hour as it comes Pops, it will get better I promise. 6 weeks sticks out in my memory as a turning point but the best age to hit is 12 weeks - its the fourth trimester. MC, hoover just gets Lily excited now :rofl: she loves a bit of noise and shrieks almost louder than the hoover! Yes 10 mins extra hover for a bit of you time - ciggie/coffee/tea/vallium :rofl: xxxxx

:hi: tink!

Just at home watching jezza lol.

Feels weird as whilst i am resting and sat i feel fine and guilty for not being at work but as soon as i get up and start doing something, the pain starts!! Its kind of weird trying to just sit and relax and rest but its obviously want i need to do.

How are you and lily doing? X x x

Hi Ladies,

Poppy lots of hugs to you my first was very colicky and I understand how that makes you feel some of the things that worked with him were white noise a pacifier movement ( walking around, jiggling or bouncing him and the baby swing on high speed) I also would go out a lot I brought him with me this helped to keep me sane also try to get help it can be a lifesaver when you're feeling super stressed and by 4 months my son was a happy smiley baby and I was able to really start enjoying him

:wave: China Tink Coral MC Laura PC and anybody else I missed I have to go change a big poopy but I'll try to get on later I have lots of pics on my camera i just need to get them to the computer and I'll post them

Awwww hey Mommyv! you loving having a newborn around? :cloud9: can't wait to see your photos :) x

Laura, I hear ya with the SPD. Do you have a v pillow? I found the easiest way to rest was with that behind me supporting the SI joint with my feet up and reclining. Don't feel guilty for one minute!!!! being pregnant is tiring and uncomfortable enough without SPD and you need to look after yourself. Chill out and put you and the baby first :) x

Just realised everyone asked how me and Lily are doing :haha:

Were ok, I'm tired out but ok. Lily still has a little cold, but nothing more than a runny nose. CF wise all is chugging away smoothly, still waiting on the nurse to text me her Genotype so I can research it. She's on two meals a day, and I'm still expressing her breastmilk. Not so hard now, I only express 4-5 times a day and it takes no time with my Avent twin electric pump. Worth every penny I paid for that thing :) Lily loves her veggies, and I struggle getting anything sweet into her :haha: strange child. I'm not gonna complain though! She drinks water better than juice too so all good for her, she's also had a suck on some melon in her Nuby nibbler - yes another good purchase Coral! :haha: x

Thanks MC and all my lovely DDs :hugs:

Well she's back on the comfort she's only drinking 2oz of it, but at leasts she's taking it, i know its going to take a few days to kick in so we will see. Bought more nose drops today, she costing a fortune :haha:

MommyV get some picson i cant see any on your wall :happydance:

:hi: girls afm just waiting to ovulate we have put are decorations up woopp getting all christmassy hehehe were having bacon and potatoes for tea yum yum poppy glad bbys feeding hun hope love bby pics hun aww cute mommyv big congrats hun looking forward to seeing pic x x

tink...i have been reserching lilys CF...that numbers and letters you put on FB...i came across a forum and was going to post on it as im not really sure i understand all the big words:dohh: and low and behold who was he most recent poster....OUR TINK! :haha:was gonna say hi on there but like you said its an old post and i checked and only 11 users were online..:cry: anyway...i think i get the jist that lily has a milder form of CF?:shrug: its sad that she has it at all but a blessing its a mild form, :hugs:

china...my boys are fab!! hows that :pink: bump!! xxx

Tink I'm absolutely loving being a mommy again Rebekah is so sweet I almost can't believe it because I had such a hard time with my other two Glad to hear that Lily is doing well and eating well I also saw about the results of her test on Facebook that's wonderful

Laura that's awful that you're in so much pain hopefully you can rest at home and get a bit more comfortable

Poppy hopefully this formula will help keep Serenity more comfortable dh and I are going to try to get more pics up today

Hey Mommyv & Tink:hi:

MC, we are doing good. I am feeling "normal" again...except with a belly pack:haha:

Fantastic new Tink....God is so good:hugs:

God is soooooo good :happydance:

MC, even I'm having a hard time reading the research papers on it :rofl: In lame terms, CF is caused by a 'mutant' set of two genes. So two genes that have defects, one from mum and one from dad. Lily has on common DF508 and the weird and wonderful C.3140-26A>G (also known as 3272-26A>) The weird one is so weird it actually still does the job its meant to do just in the wrong way. Its all about salt transfer between cells, and too much / too little salt in bits of the body that causes the problems associated with CF. Although the DF508 is a severe kind, the weird one does the job reasonably so the other one is disregarded by the body, to a certain extent. This USUALLY makes for a mild illness. Sooooooooooo made up, nothings certain of course, but the future just started to look a little brighter :loopy: x

Its quiet atm waiting to give her a bottle and pray it dont set her off [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"