Welcome to the Nut Hut!

Anake, I live in Toronto (aka the tropics of Canada) and we also had a week of 25s last week. I'm back into sweaters, and it makes me sad.

I can't imagine having to drive 4 hours to get to an ikea... we have 3 within an hour drive.

Pdubs - it sucks that you're not oing even with the met. Good luck on your next cycle!

Anake, I live in Toronto (aka the tropics of Canada) and we also had a week of 25s last week. I'm back into sweaters, and it makes me sad.

I can't imagine having to drive 4 hours to get to an ikea... we have 3 within an hour drive.

Pdubs - it sucks that you're not oing even with the met. Good luck on your next cycle!

I live in Kelowna and they refuse to put on out here even though they have a huge demographic from surrounding areas that would shop there. They're just looking at the population of the central Okanagan...but they don't realize that people from Penticton and south, Vernon and north and even as far away as the Kootenays (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Grand Forks) come here to shop. Heck even people in Prince George would come here. I'd even settle for a place to order stuff from the catalogue!!

The only thing that sucks is we have to go over two really high mountain passes to get there. The good thing is it's freeway all the way there.

Our closest IKEA is like and hour and half away...It was nice when I lived in Ottawa and we had one down the street, might have to go this week when I'm there for vacay...
as for the weather...when I went out for my prescription it was hailing...just awful weather for May haha..

the bad news is really starting to have a toll on me...and work has been extremely stressful this past little while so I think I just need to get out of this ridiculous funk...

You know you're bored at work when you're sitting there rolling up balls of wool for your next baby blanket!

Our closest IKEA is like and hour and half away...It was nice when I lived in Ottawa and we had one down the street, might have to go this week when I'm there for vacay...
as for the weather...when I went out for my prescription it was hailing...just awful weather for May haha..

the bad news is really starting to have a toll on me...and work has been extremely stressful this past little while so I think I just need to get out of this ridiculous funk...
Hang in there :hugs:

Are you going to try clomid?

Plus you haven't o'd YET....lots of women with pcos have long cycles but in meds eventually o.

I didn't o till cd35 , so hope isn't lost yet!

I am seeing the doc on wednesday...just nurses in today since it was sunday so I couldnt really get any advice or new info...I am going to ask about Clomid on Wednesday...I know O could be a while...it was cd50 last time but then again I didn't think I actually did end up Oing either...anyway, with taking the prometrium I will still keep doing OPKS and if i get a positive i will see if they can give me more

Happy Mothers Day to all our Nut Hut Mommies!!!

I was very spoiled today (half because I'm pregnant, half because tomorrow is my birthday!) DH got me lots of gifts and my mom gave me money to start building my maternity wardrobe! I want to try and buy things that can be worn easily after birth too. Any advice?

Happy Mamas Day!

Where HAS Wugz been... hope she's ok.

I can't believe you guys are still getting sleet! It's 85 here!

Sorry about everything you're going through PDubs... hopefully drugs will fix it all! Did you try the Soy Isos?

Oh there you are Wugz! glad your doing well! and Spoiled! Happy Birthday!

I was very spoiled today (half because I'm pregnant, half because tomorrow is my birthday!) DH got me lots of gifts and my mom gave me money to start building my maternity wardrobe! I want to try and buy things that can be worn easily after birth too. Any advice?
I like the modern style yoga pants or cotton jogging style pants - adjustable waist, fitted around hips but slightly flare at the bottom, like jeans.

Those with a tank top that's stretchy is comfy and wearable....

Also get some of the flowing tops, not maternity, but are like off-the-shoulder and have a relaxed fit ya know? I just bought a couple one size too big- I can wear it now, and probably for awhile, plus it's perfect for after birth... With shirts you don't have to restrict yourself to maternity clothes. As Goofy as the pants may look, they are so comfortable and will fit the whole time....plus just wear a shirt long enough to cover the fabric part of the belly.

Target has cute stuff, but is a little pricey for clothes you only wear part of the year I think- and more expensive than their regular clothes.

I'm pretty much showing, depending on my outfit...it's crazy! I know it's some bloat and also I guess my abdominal organs shift themselves before the uterus does, since my body knows what it needs to do for pregnancy, I saw this site and people post there bumps at 9 weeks , and to my surprise, I'm actually pretty normal! With my first I could have hidden pregnancy easily till 5 months, and 7 months if I put effort to it! Not so much this time! I still haven't told my mom but need to soon....
At least my future mother in law knows and is super excited!

Happy Mamas Day!

Sorry about everything you're going through PDubs... hopefully drugs will fix it all! Did you try the Soy Isos?

I did try the soy ..a low dose of 100mg 3-7 but I tried nonetheless...FX for hope next cycle.

Truthfully, check the second hand and thrift stores! You're only going to wear them for a short time and there's no sense spending full price on that stuff. I have a Value Village right near me and that's where I've found nearly all of my clothing. Most of it is barely used. Also, if you have friends who were pregnant, they may be wanting to get rid of some of the their maternity clothing. If you do have to buy something new, wait till there's a sale.

Just make sure to wash anything you buy from a thrift store before wearing it. A lot of them don't wash clothes and they've been mixed in with other dirty clothing.

My stomach has really popped out in the last week. I'm going to start taking photos now. I was going to do it the whole way through, but you couldn't tell at all that I was even pregnant.

I love Value village :) Used to work there back in the day, and they definitely don't wash the clothes...many people think that they should but truly they get so much stuff on a daily basis there is just no way...you'd hope people would donate only cleaned clothes but that just isn't the case...Value Village (or any thrift store I'm sure) is also amazing for kids clothes :)

Most of the thrift stores by me have decent furniture and old lady clothes :/

A new one just opened though, and I know it's sister store one town away has good stuff so I plan on checking it out.

Idk if Canada has a Ross, but that's a great store too. Super cheap and often name brand clothes, it's like an over stock store. You can get guess name brands 60$ jeans for under $20, a lot if times it will either be the previous line of clothing or a minor error, like if you look REALLY closely, the stitching may be off by a half cm on one side or something. That's where I bought some maternity stuff. I got work pants, jeans, capris, and 4 shirts for like $75. The work pants were the most expensive, like $20, everything else super cheap !

Most of the thrift stores by me have decent furniture and old lady clothes :/

A new one just opened though, and I know it's sister store one town away has good stuff so I plan on checking it out.

Idk if Canada has a Ross, but that's a great store too. Super cheap and often name brand clothes, it's like an over stock store. You can get guess name brands 60$ jeans for under $20, a lot if times it will either be the previous line of clothing or a minor error, like if you look REALLY closely, the stitching may be off by a half cm on one side or something. That's where I bought some maternity stuff. I got work pants, jeans, capris, and 4 shirts for like $75. The work pants were the most expensive, like $20, everything else super cheap !

Oh I wish we had Ross!!! Winners is the closest thing, but it's just not the same. I always make sure to stop there when we go to the states.

I like the yoga pants idea! I worked with a pregnant teacher last year who got away with wearing yoga pants to work for the whole 3rd tri because they looked enough like dress slacks if you didn't look too close.

No Value Village or Ross around me, but there are tons of little consignment shops. That's a really good idea! I'll try and find my 'maternity' clothes there and then save my money for the stuff I can wear forever. Might make a trip up to Chicago to visit H&M, I hear they have a pretty decent maternity selection for so cheap!

Sorry I've been MIA lately! My grad class is really kicking my butt right now. And it will only get worse this summer when I take two more! But my school distinct is out in 2 weeks so I'll have a nice little month off work before I start teaching summer school. Trying to make as much $$$ as I can this summer, God knows we'll need it!!:baby:

Hi ladies Happy belated mothers day!! srt I have been absent but our internet connection has been acting a bit crazy lately.

As for maternity wear I jave a couple of gypsy skirts with elasticated waist bands and some tops that are babydoll like great for the growing bump. Also I may order a couple of maternity leggings from ebay. Hopefully I find some linnen trousers and I have some maxidresses great for going out.
The only thing that I have to buy from a maternity shop is a swimming costume pff I found on ebay but I am worried about the size of the briefs my ass and thighs are getting huuuuuugeeeee!

I've now lost 6 lbs, after gaining four, do technically 2 lbs.

My hips are wider and my belly is out a bit, so I'm not sure where the missing weight is.

This always happens to me in the first trimester. It's like my weight shifts around.

Last week I had my first real day of "metal mouth" - never had out before ..... Have it again today and I just woke up!

God it's horrible! Glad I don't feel nauseous in the morning cuz this would make me puke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->