August Testing Thread!!! 41 testers so far...2 BFP's 1 angel!!!!

Congrats Lily and good luck Beebuzz, hopefully it's a sticky bean. I'm currently 11dpo but not getting any symptoms, so I might be out this month. Good luck to all you ladies still in the TWW, hopefully you get your bfp's. To everyone else, hopefully next month is your month for a little miracle.

Yay BeeBuzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope Friday comes quickly for you! GL and I'll be thinking of you!

Hey LADIES!! congrats to both of you!! exciting times!

Im feeling particularly PMS-y with my mood all over the place and a mean headache. i did test yesterday and it was a BFN, and Ive been getting cramps, so I might be out this month. If AF doesnt come friday ill test again but im not super hopeful.
I dont know if I should starttemping since my cycles are so long... maybe im just OV on completly different dates.. I just dont know how to do it.
any suggestions?

Im feeling particularly PMS-y with my mood all over the place and a mean headache. i did test yesterday and it was a BFN, and Ive been getting cramps, so I might be out this month. If AF doesnt come friday ill test again but im not super hopeful.
I dont know if I should starttemping since my cycles are so long... maybe im just OV on completly different dates.. I just dont know how to do it.
any suggestions?

I know it's hard to keep hope...but your not out yet! :) Are you using OPK's? I would highly recommend charting. I was only using OPK's before (which I'm assuming were pretty correct) but this month temped as well and without having temped, I would be freaking out today as according to OPK's I should've gotten period today or tomorrow and once I get a +OPK, my OH and I usually stop BDing three days after. BUT I knew I hadn't actually ovulated because my temps hadn't gone up so we kept BDing and now according to my temps I ovualted an entire week later than OPK estimated.
:) I feel it's also nice just knowing what's going on with my body - I feel more intune. Hope all this makes some sense haha.

Hey overanalyzer! I am temping, and my temps have been pretty consistently low...however this last weekend the battery seemed to be dying, and since I was so bummed out, I just didnt for a few days. Well then Monday I fixed it and my temp was up .5 degrees, today as well. So now I'm hoping that we didnt miss the BD day because I wasnt temping....Geez, I cant win.

Still havent gotten a positive OPK though.

Have you tried a B vitamin complex for you LP. I took B50 complex last month and it lengthened mine at least two days[/QUOTE]

Yep, I am trying B6, FX that it works!

FAINT bfp on FRER today...and I'm offically 1 day late so fx'd will test again Friday to see if the lines gets darker...FX'd

Congrats BeeBuzz! Fx for you!

any suggestions?

Sabster its definately hard not knowing whats going on and kind of just putting all your hope in guesses...sorry this might be a long post lol....but i want to tell you my story and what I have done and what has helped others.....and honestly ladies I think this might be a great idea for everyone to try at least once...

I usually have 35 days cycles....they have since shortened and I'll tell you what slowly shortened my periods in 3 months...but first, like I said I had 35 day cycles, O day on CD 21...month after month I felt O pains on CD15 and +OPK's, but also I had +OPK's on cd 20...so i was always confused about when I actually O'd (which was on CD 21)...
One day my hubby's gma told to take Geritol, "There's a baby in every bottle," is what she told me lol

So I did some research on Geritol and found out most ladies actually get thier BFP the 1st month they start Geritol and for some ladies it takes up to 3 months....Geritol is a multivitamin, they have 2 forms pill form; Geritol Complete and the liquid form; Geritol Tonic (tastes horrible but works faster than complete, gets into your blood stream quicker)...Geritol claims to have, "Every vitamin and mineral established essential in human nutrition," and since Geritol is so packed with all that good stuff, it makes sense....your body may simply be lacking a specific or a combo of vitamins that may be inhabiting your ablity to successfully concieve....I've seen some stories where women start Geritol 2 weeks into thier cycles and get thier BFP!!! P.S. Geritol both forms gave me hot flashes...bad side effect, but gave me TONS and TONS of CM during my fertile period (I never see EWCM!!!) GOOD side effect...its soooo worth it!!!!

I personally started taking Geritol Complete because I couldn't gut the taste of the Tonic, so...

1st month BFN (but cycle 3 days shorter!!!! from 35 days to 32 days),

2nd month BFN (but cycle 2 days shorter from 32 days to 30 days),

after 2 month on Complete I switched to Tonic (which was very hard as its taste is really hard to swallow, its really really REALLY iron-y and has a strong metallic taste and the after taste of it tastes as if you just threw up, but didnt brush your teeth, which honestly makes me gag but its worth a baby in the end) the Tonic form was my magic potion because this was my 1st month on Tonic and I think I may have gotten my BFP and hey even if I dont get my BFP, at least my periods have shortened by 5 a whole days in 2 months and I honestly can add 3 days to that because I think I O'd 3 days early this month too.....Ladies I think Geritol will be the answer to alot of women ttc so go give it a try...Geritol Complete and Geritol Tonic is available at Walgreen, CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid, etc...and I do know that its not available in th UK so some ladies might have to order it online...I hope this helped someone

P.S. Ladies when your taking this vitamin (and hopefully you do this with any medication or vitamin you take) TAKE WITH FOOD...alot of women wanna know why medication or vitamins dont work for them but if your taking ANY kind of pill whether ttc or not if you take something by mouth if theres no food on your stomach your body will NOT absorb it properly and it will NOT WORK properly....so please please please take ALL not just this one but ALL your meds and vitamins wih food!!!! I usually take it immediately after I eat.

GL Ladies!!! :dust:

BeeBuzz, thank you for the advise! I think this may be my month. DH and I are going to test early. I have feelings/symptoms I've never had since I started TTC. I am having menstrual-like cramps which never happen unless AF is here. Back pain, located right in the center of my lower back, insomnia, and a "full" feeling. I have also been on wits end with a lot of people, especially DH :wacko: but the funny thing is I catch myself right after I am moody and I apologize. He gives me the "you are going crazy" look. I've never been like that! Since I started getting all of these symptoms, my moods have been up and down! All over the place. I am so excited to see if I have a little bean cooking. I will try to update you guys as soon as I find out. If it is too early I may get a BFN, but then I will retest again if I miss my period. The :witch: is due between tomorrow and Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed for me, or keep me in your prayers! I know I haven't been TTC very long, but I am sure all of you understand that no matter how long we have each been trying, it seems like forever! Thank you ladies. Good luck to you guys!! :dust:

P.S. Ladies when your taking this vitamin (and hopefully you do this with any medication or vitamin you take) TAKE WITH FOOD...alot of women wanna know why medication or vitamins dont work for them but if your taking ANY kind of pill whether ttc or not if you take something by mouth if theres no food on your stomach your body will NOT absorb it properly and it will NOT WORK properly....so please please please take ALL not just this one but ALL your meds and vitamins wih food!!!! I usually take it immediately after I eat.

GL Ladies!!! :dust:

Thanks for the input. I wanted to add that different vitamins have different disclaimers. I take PregVit and it specifically says to take the AM pill two or more hours before breakfast to help with iron absorption. The PM pill is to be taken with water one hour before the evening meal to help with calcium absorption.

Congrats, BeeBuzz!!! Are you waiting for a strong BFP line to add yourself to the list of positives? I admire your restraint, because I would have switched myself over in about 1 microsecond!!!!

And thanks for the info about Geritol. The only caveat I've heard is that, since it's not a prenatal, it doesn't provide the usual recommended quantities of folic acid. They say you should take that in addition to Geritol if you go that route.

FX to those who are still waiting to test!!!

Congrats girls!!!!

Off topic but...

I hate OPK, holding my urine for 4hrs in the middle of the day is not easy. I am thinking about a CBFM since it uses first morning urine, anyone have one or thinking about getting one?

hey hun, yes i'm using it and i find it so much more easier to use than opk. I got a second hand one from ebay and it's absolutely fine. think i paid something like £56.00 and that was for the monitor and like 16 sticks. It's very expensive to buy a new one then you have to buy the sticks seperatley. think the sticks are something like £20.00. Again i have been using ebay for them and they're alot cheaper!! Hope this helps?

hey hun, yes i'm using it and i find it so much more easier to use than opk. I got a second hand one from ebay and it's absolutely fine. think i paid something like £56.00 and that was for the monitor and like 16 sticks. It's very expensive to buy a new one then you have to buy the sticks seperatley. think the sticks are something like £20.00. Again i have been using ebay for them and they're alot cheaper!! Hope this helps?

Yes I am looking on eBay too, much cheaper. I am just waiting for a good deal. It's hard because I need to have it for CD1 but I always hold out hope that I could be getting my BFP then I would waste money lol

commpletely off topic, but what is baby asprin and what's used for ladies?

commpletely off topic, but what is baby asprin and what's used for ladies?

I use it because I have shorter periods and I was concerned about the thickness of the lining of my uterus. It is also used to prevent miscarriages if you have blood clotting. B vitamins and aspirin has caused my period to go from 1-2 days to 4. Baby aspirin is such a low dose that most dr don't find any issue with it and I only take it after O. Here is a website about it

https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/reasons-to-use-baby-aspirin-if-you-are-trying-to-conceive.html

Congrats, BeeBuzz!!! Are you waiting for a strong BFP line to add yourself to the list of positives? I admire your restraint, because I would have switched myself over in about 1 microsecond!!!!

And thanks for the info about Geritol. The only caveat I've heard is that, since it's not a prenatal, it doesn't provide the usual recommended quantities of folic acid. They say you should take that in addition to Geritol if you go that route.

FX to those who are still waiting to test!!!

Yes you are right I take 800 mcg of Folic Acid in addition to the Geritol!!! Thanks for reminding me lol

thanks for the info girls. My periods have been getting shorter recently. i usually was a 5-7 day girl now they're more like 4-5? Got blood work results today so might ask the dr and see what he thinks?

thanks for the info girls. My periods have been getting shorter recently. i usually was a 5-7 day girl now they're more like 4-5? Got blood work results today so might ask the dr and see what he thinks?

my cycles went from 31 days to 35 to 37 now.... its really upsetting because by the end of it I cant stand myself. I feel like ive been dunked in a dip of hormones and I get super super crazy... and like you my period is 2-3 days long and then its just spotting for 2 days, i find this really odd!!

I will try milk thistle for the crazy PMS ( Its really good ladies) in tonic form and I will try to get my hands on some geritol but I dont know if they sell it in canada. I think im also going to take some B complex vitamins? I am taking the prenatals that are SUPER strong, but I think my body is still lacking something... I have an appointment with my doc on wednesday and Im going to ask her what she thinks in terms of my change in cycles, but she's totally zen so she'll just tell me to chill out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->