*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

My dd1 was born at 34+5,6lb 13.5oz. She had jaundice and spent time under the lamps but apart from that was ok, got home 5 days later. Dd2 was 38+5 xx

DS was always in the 2nd ish percentile- I stopped taking him to the HV because hey always made me feel bad about how little he was- I was breastfeeding so wasn't going to give high calories formula or anything, & he was a happy healthy baby who was progressing fine so I stopped letting them worry me! Once he got on solids he grew quickly & caught up! I was worried they'd tell me he weighed too much now so I still haven't taken him for nearly a year!!! Lol :/

I think sometimes they make you worry too much- you know your baby don't you?

I know when I get to 34 weeks I'll be watching out for waters, but as someone said above- at least you & your midwife know to watch out & know what it was- I didn't realise id lost my plug & some waters!! Went to triage & they didn't let me leave for 2 weeks!!! Lol

Xxx

Hi..hope you're all well.
Think the nausea is finally kicking in now. The past 2 mornings I've felt yucky and thought I was going to throw up yesterday morning. Couldn't eat half my tea yesterday!

Me and little man are also stuck indoors as he has chicken pox. I have to go to the midwives clinic for my booking in appointment next friday, I'm hoping Alex will be no longer contagious by then but may have to reschedule as I have no one to watch him for me. I would of asked MIL but we had a big falling out with her so no chance lol.

Sorry Alex has chickenpox. They should be scabbed over in a few days so he'll prob be fine by mon/tues. Xx

Thank you. He's really not that phased by them. Mostly on his arms and legs and only scratches if he's naked and can get to them lol, a couple on his face.

I'm hoping he's fine by next week. They started last wednesday when I thought he had a couple of bites but more came out over the weekend and the nurse at the docs said chicken pox.
How long do they normally take to scab over?

They should be scabbed over just within a week of first appearance. As soon as they are scabbed they are not classed as contagious xx

Hi. Totally a tmi post today. Sorry babes.

I was told I had a urine infection on Friday and she did a swab aswell and the nurse rang me this morning and told me I have streptococcus group B. I have done some googling and I don't know what to think. I am totally panicking about it. The nurse said to tell the midwife when I see her but otherwise she was really blaze about it....

Anyone else been told they have this or have had it with other children??

Xxxxx

Hey hun i was strep B+ both of my pregnancies. First i had a home birth planned.. didnt find out i was positive till my 39 week appointment at the hospital when i asked what a yellow sticker on my noted meant! Basically you can choose between whether you want oral antibiotics before birth (you have to take these for quite a while i think) or IV antibiotics once you go into labour. You'll probably have to go in right at the begining of labour and they give you the initial antibiotics when you get there.. and then its every 4 hours until baby is born. they will keep an eye on baby for 2 hours after birth but 99% of the time baby is completely fine. I never had strep B related problems with either of my boys. I think there is usually only problems if they didn't know about it which is why i think they should test everyone.

For any ladies who Worry about this and want to be tested you can get it done privately.. just google Strep B test kit.. there is a charge for it but iirc its not too bad (i was going to get it done with ds2 if they didnt do it for me).

Having streptococcus group B means you will have to have an antibiotic drip when delivering the baby. Everyone who is pregnant is tested for it.

unfortunately they dont test regularly in the uk. Its only picked up if they test for something else

Think the nausea is finally kicking in now. The past 2 mornings I've felt yucky and thought I was going to throw up yesterday morning. Couldn't eat half my tea yesterday!

Me and little man are also stuck indoors as he has chicken pox. I have to go to the midwives clinic for my booking in appointment next friday, I'm hoping Alex will be no longer contagious by then but may have to reschedule as I have no one to watch him for me. I would of asked MIL but we had a big falling out with her so no chance lol.

Awww poor Alex! So sorry to hear about this, I hope he feels better soon!

Awww poor Alex! So sorry to hear about this, I hope he feels better soon!

Thank you. He's totally fine in himself, just had a bad night of itching last night.

ladies..I need advice. Me and OH have got a 2course meal tomorrow night with mickey thomas (whoever he is, used to have something to do with manchester united or something). Anyway, OH has to wear a shirt and tie so I'm guessing I need to wear a dress. I dont have any dresses that fit me anymore. I'm a size 16-18 so was looking on the new look website at the plus size dresses, but would you ladies go for a longer dress or would any length dress be ok, I am only 5ft1!
Also didn't know whether to have a look in the maternity section, even though I'm only 7 weeks, it should then fit me in the summer...

If it were me, I would look in the maternity section. I know you say you don't have a bump yet but I always find maternity clothes to be a lot more comfortable since its really tight down there as it is. They also look nicer with a bump since they are designed for it. Even if you get a plus size dress you always run the risk of it not looking right while pregnant. Since being pregnant and being plus size are 2 very different things and you carry your weight a lot differently in either situation. I would maybe get mid way in length so its not too short but not too long either for the summer.

Any dress with a high waist and wide skirt should be fine. Sometimes you can find lovely dresses in the non maternity section that can fit a nine month bump.

Hi ladies

How are we all today?? Well this tiredness is completely wiping me out, I fell asleep downstairs at 8:30pm last night! & my god the spots are driving me mad, does anyone have any good recommendations for things to use which help? My usual cleanser, toner & moisturiser seem to make it worse so I've been washing with baby wash as normal soap aggravates it too, I was the same with the boys but I can't for the life of me remember what I used when I was pregnant with them!
Thanks xx

I've felt super dizzy all day. Have a scan in 2 hrs- pretty nervous about that. If things go well, I think we're just going to announce!

Good luck scgirl

I had my first real bout of morning sickness today . Before I've only felt nausea but today I had to run out of work to be sick. Guess all that moaning about being symptomless caught up with me!

I'd go for a dress with a high waist with maybe a nice band that goes under your bust, that way it will draw attention to your assets ;) that's what I do if I'm heading out as my tummy is so flabby and that's were I carry all my weight so if I wear something that shows off my boobs I feel more confident... If that makes sense, also I'd wear a long dress but that's just me :) I hope you find something Hun, let us know :)

Scgirl - good luck with your scan!!

Mrs - I haven't had spots this pregnancy, I did with my dd and previous pregnancy but this time I've escaped it.... So far! I don't have any advice but I hope you can find something to get rid of them soon x

Good luck scgirl xx
welshgirl, I agree with mummy xx

Hey ladies. The last couple of days have been a doozy for me. Went to ER because i couldn't keep anything down and i was admitted for an overnight stay. Now I'm home and I'm having what i believe is trapped gas. They did a scan when i was in the hospital and said my gall bladder was ok. The pain is right where my gall bladder is at and it also hurts in my back. On a brighter note, i had a sono when i was in the hospital and our jellybeans are doing good. Both heartbeats are still beating good at 141.

I'm not 7 weeks till Saturday but I'm getting sme really aching cramps :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"