*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

Oh that's adorable!! I love it!! We are having issues with girl names. So we have not picked one yet :( We have the middle name down- Avery. It's my grandmothers maiden name. Right now for the first name we really are liking Lyric

I'm so bad at picking girls names lol!

ooo i like it. its unusual which means there wont be many around with the same name :D And thank you :) I love my name... i was debating on Roran (from Eragon books) or Rohan lol so took Rohan ... then dh told me a few weeks later its from lord of the rings :dohh: no wonder he liked it to much :rofl:

Bump is really starting to weigh me down. Today I couldn't wait to get home and lie down. Roll on maternity leave.

Lol!! Seth, that would totally be my hubby in that situation as well :p he likes all these names related to geeky movies and books (which I have no problem with) but I'm always like- can you just look at some normal lists of names please?!? :p

haha well my mans suggestions were things like bernard and rupert etc and i told him go to hell haha. not my kind of names.

izzie - :hugs: how long do you have left hun till maternity? x

Oh geeze- yea I feel you. I don't even know where my hubby gets half the names he suggests. I feel bad but I just look at him and shake my head "No baby.. What the hell kind of name is that?" :haha:

My BH are getting worse too. Definitely not contractions as they aren't painful and it's all bump, nothing in my back at all, but they're really uncomfortable and stop me in my tracks. Can't beleive at the beginning of this pregnancy I was hoping to go over 40w to avoid Xmas and NYE :rofl: she's free to come anytime from the 15th December now, the sooner the better :lol:

How long do you have left Izzie? :hugs: this last stretch is tough, but the end is in sight. Thank fook! x

Lol, my bh have stepped up a notch. I told dh that as long as this little man waits until dec 16th at least, I'll be happy. Can't get my home birth before that. If he comes earlier I don't mind as long as he is ok xx

So..if I missed this conversation, please just direct me back to it, but when are most of you yummy mummies going on Mat leave? I'm starting mine just before Christmas bc I'm due on the 13th although I would love to go sooner (as I'm sure we all would)

haha well my mans suggestions were things like bernard and rupert etc and i told him go to hell haha. not my kind of names.

School term ends on 11th December, so I'm a unite lucky as maternity leave proper can start after Christmas so I get the holiday tagged on first. Was just tired achey and grumpy last night ... Lucky OH!

Hi ladies, hope you all are doing 'ok', considering!
I had my visit to my obgyn yesterday and both baby girls are doing well:). They are both measuring bigger than normal singleton babies, so I'm hoping that they don't come before they should. Top baby is smaller than bottom baby at 1.6kg's and bottom is 1.9kg's(sorry don't do lbs here in south africa).

Doc is happy with how I'm doing as well and is hoping babies will stay in till at least 38weeks! I highly doubt that!

I'm huge!!! BH happens all the time! Luckily I'm at home already, but I'm getting really bored!!
We've decided to get most of their things next week, so hopefully their room will be sorted before they come!

Good luck for the next couple of weeks ladies and I hope it goes quick(for me at least,lol)

WC: Glad to hear everything went well at your OB appointment!

Sorry about all the BH and trouble sleeping you ladies have been having. It must really suck, but I bet you all are so excited to meet your adorable little babies!! Only a few more weeks for some of you!! How exciting!! :wohoo:

Oh geeze- yea I feel you. I don't even know where my hubby gets half the names he suggests. I feel bad but I just look at him and shake my head "No baby.. What the hell kind of name is that?" :haha:

haha yep thats what iv been like. so glad he liked Rohan even if it is only because its from lord of the rings. :haha:

My BH are getting worse too. Definitely not contractions as they aren't painful and it's all bump, nothing in my back at all, but they're really uncomfortable and stop me in my tracks. Can't beleive at the beginning of this pregnancy I was hoping to go over 40w to avoid Xmas and NYE :rofl: she's free to come anytime from the 15th December now, the sooner the better :lol:

How long do you have left Izzie? :hugs: this last stretch is tough, but the end is in sight. Thank fook! x

is it only a contraction if it wraps round your back hun? my midwife told me nothing yesterday. my pains start by wrapping round my back and then over the top of my bump.

haha any day apart from christmas day and new years day i would love! oh and maybe boxing day and the 2nd (no busses running those days and taxis would be super duper expensive)

Lol, my bh have stepped up a notch. I told dh that as long as this little man waits until dec 16th at least, I'll be happy. Can't get my home birth before that. If he comes earlier I don't mind as long as he is ok xx

fx he stays put till at least the 16th hun!

School term ends on 11th December, so I'm a unite lucky as maternity leave proper can start after Christmas so I get the holiday tagged on first. Was just tired achey and grumpy last night ... Lucky OH!

oooo i forget you work in a school :D Thats kind of awsome lol since you technically get a little longer :D I used to love working in a school lol.

Hi ladies, hope you all are doing 'ok', considering!
I had my visit to my obgyn yesterday and both baby girls are doing well:). They are both measuring bigger than normal singleton babies, so I'm hoping that they don't come before they should. Top baby is smaller than bottom baby at 1.6kg's and bottom is 1.9kg's(sorry don't do lbs here in south africa).

Doc is happy with how I'm doing as well and is hoping babies will stay in till at least 38weeks! I highly doubt that!

I'm huge!!! BH happens all the time! Luckily I'm at home already, but I'm getting really bored!!
We've decided to get most of their things next week, so hopefully their room will be sorted before they come!

Good luck for the next couple of weeks ladies and I hope it goes quick(for me at least,lol)

Im glad everything went well at your appointment hun. Im surprised they want to let you goto 38 weeks... i cant imagine how uncomfortable you will be. I always thought twins were taking at 36/37 weeks.

i hope you get everything you need next week :)

WC: Glad to hear everything went well at your OB appointment!

Sorry about all the BH and trouble sleeping you ladies have been having. It must really suck, but I bet you all are so excited to meet your adorable little babies!! Only a few more weeks for some of you!! How exciting!! :wohoo:

very exciting :wohoo: I cant wait then we can see more beautiful faces like little Riya beans <3 <3 xx

Another terrible sleeper here :hi: I've always had issues sleeping, so add SPD, toilet trips and a bit of anxiety regarding the birth and I'm lucky to get 4 hours in a row! I'm kind of used to it though, so don't mind too much. I like to think of it as training for the sleep deprivation to come!

Glad your appointment went so well WC!

Both the names are beautiful PM and Sethsmummy! I think it's great your DH's even made some suggestions; my DH, who I love to bits, has yet to make one serious suggestion for a name, he just vito's the names I like instead! It wss like this with DS, and even by the time he was born, we only had one name we agreed on. Thank goodness he was a boy!

Sorry to hear about your crappy midwife appointment sethsmummy, I hate hearing that someone hasn't been given the attention they need and deserve. You did the right thing noting all the things you actually told her, that she failed to mention. It might be worth making another appointment to see a different MW, because you deserve to be heard, especially regarding the contractions (that don't sound like BH at all!) :hugs:

So..if I missed this conversation, please just direct me back to it, but when are most of you yummy mummies going on Mat leave? I'm starting mine just before Christmas bc I'm due on the 13th although I would love to go sooner (as I'm sure we all would)

I'm going off from the 21st of December, but seen as I've now officially passed my PhD and am now a Dr, I've already started winding down lots.

I'm starting the hypnobirthing classes soon, which I'm really excited about! is anyone else doing them?

Omg lolly u sound just like me, I was like she can come from 4 days before her due date so I don't lose any annual leave and now like sod it I don't care she can come anytime I don't care about my annual leave I just want this baby to hurry up n be out.

I'm with ppl on can't wait to start mat leave, I have 5 weeks left at work, it works out at 15 shifts though because I do 3 one week and 4 the next. So with shifts off for appointments it works out at 15, can not wait!!

Looks like we might actually be getting somewhere with the house move, our buyer and us are ready to go were just waiting for the one were buying off to get their arse into gear but despite several emails they r just terrible at communication it's a joke. We made our offer at the very start of Sept and we're now looking at moving mid Dec, it should have been done a lot quicker, good job we found the house when we did or the sprog would be here by the time we move. As long as she holds off until after the move so we can make sure we have everything and start her nursery I'm happy lol.

Seth- mine wrap around too... But my ob says BH contractions. They get extremely painful if I work too hard. Last week I could have sworn I was going in to early labour again, but they slowed down once I sat for a bit. Whew!!

Wildchic- I'm so glad to hear the babies are well!! You must be exhausted. I always wanted twins but worried seriously that I wouldn't be able to handle being pregnant with two. Dunno how you manage! You're one strong lady!!

Kiwi- I love reading your updates online! Little girls pictures make me want to see my baby sooooo badly already. She is down right adorable :)

Buddy- my DH was like that with our son so don't feel bad. Though, I think it's because he had already named two boys before. This is his first daughter and he is determined to search every baby name site known to man. I believe he has looked up far more names than myself lol. That's why I feel bad for shooting them down all the time, but he just picks the most awkward names. Either that or they're extremely common names and I don't want that (not that common names aren't pretty, but I just want my babies to be unique)

So I have been thinking lately and hopefully I don't get criticized for this idea- but after I'm done breast feeding the next baby, I think I want to seriously look in to egg donation. The fact that I could conceive so quickly with my husband twice in a row without even trying makes me sort of feel bad for those who have issues or are infertile. I have read many things on the process and side effects of donation- so I know it isn't easy. I also know that means I will have another child or two out there somewhere, but I am willing to take those risks to help some people out.
What do you ladies think? Am I crazy? @_@

PM that is a lovely thing to do :)

WC so glad the girls are doing well. I'd love to see a bump picture!

My last working day is 16th December. I'm taking some annual leave and then my maternity leave starts 2nd January.

I had another growth scan yesterday. Little man gained 2lb in 4 weeks!! :shock: He is now estimated at 4lb 11oz!

Omg I can't believe the midwife didn't listen to you Sethsmummy.

So we emptied the attic today. Have loads of binbags of clothes to go and get weighed for cash. Couple bags of rubbish and boxes full of Alex's baby clothes that I Can't get rid of yet. I'm absolutely knackered. I also packed the mugs and glasses and anything in the kitchen cupboards that don't get used regularly this morning.
I'll try and catch up tomorrow after hopefully a good nights sleep.

We just found out that the person we were buying the house off has had to pull out of her purchase so we are now having to look for a new house, we have approx 7 weeks to find a house, get the checks done and move in or it may not happen till I return to work in October!! Stress I do not need right now

Finally got released from the hospital! Baby is still cooking, BP is in normal range (no meds for that), had 2 steroid injections just in case something happens.... Protein starting to go up in 24 hr test (140s 3 weeks ago, 266 yesterday, 300 is cut off) so they'll be watching me closely. Have to go back to the doctor Monday morning to get checked out again, and strict bedrest. They said next goal is 34 weeks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->