*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

We just found out that the person we were buying the house off has had to pull out of her purchase so we are now having to look for a new house, we have approx 7 weeks to find a house, get the checks done and move in or it may not happen till I return to work in October!! Stress I do not need right now

Oh no- I can't even imagine the stress! Hope yall can find something you love quickly!

Glad you're back home SCgirl :flower: take it easy!

Tara, hmmm I'm not sure really, I just mean that I can tell my BH aren't contractions because 1, they're not reaching my back at all (and that was my major first signs of early labour with both girls) and they're not actually painful. Just uncomfortable, iykwim!? So mine are definitely just practice ones I think, and aren't doing anything to open up my cervix. I presume anyway!

INMT, that sounds stressful! Hope you find somewhere to buy that you love and quick!

Brunettebimbo, how odd - at my growth scan when I was 32+2 baby was estimated 4lbs 11oz too! Will be interesting to see if we have similar size full termies!

Sorry if I've missed any important updates or questions had one hell of a night with DD2 and I'm so tired and backwards today :wacko: she really couldn't have chosen a more worse time to go back to being a baby at bedtimes and not sleeping!! Hoping it's a phase that ends soon, preferably before we have an actual baby here keeping us up too!

Itsnowmyturn - so sorry you aren't able to carry on with the purchase. Fingers crossed you find a house you love and are able to complete.

So OH went out to watch the football. He strolled in 10minutes ago falling everywhere. I'm not impressed. Thank god Alex is at my mums tonight as I am now on the sofa. I'm not sleeping upstairs as OH gets sick when he's drunk - yuck. He doesn't drink like that much but hate it when he does, I don't see the point to be honest. He will be suffering tomorrow lol.

Welshgirl, my dh doesn't drink like that often, on the couple of occasions he has I slept on the couch too as he gets sick. I banned him from drinking jaegerbombs after dd2 was born as he was sick all over my then new bedroom carpet, and I left him lying in it to clean in the morning. Needless to say that he has never done it again! ! Xx

I would have kicked him on the sofa!

When do you all plan on washing clothes? I have 7 weeks 3 days until due date but still have loads to do, things I can't do like emptying the nursery, decorating our bedroom etc so was thinking of maybe washing clothes and putting away in the next week or so. Would they still be fresh enough to use or would I be best washing again? I think I did them 3-4 weeks before last time and was 5 days early.

I would rather be on the sofa as he has more chance of making it to the toilet upstairs lol. He won't be drinking again for a good while now.

I've already washed what vests and sleepsuits I have, as by the time we get into this new house its going to be almost Christmas, so thought best get it done now. I'm not washing the outfits though. They are getting hung straight up once we move.

We did loads of house viewings yesterday and found a house we both really want, we put an offer in of the asking price and waiting to hear back but as it's the weekend it's taking ages. The house is vacant with no chain. It has everything we want and more....the catch.....it needs a ton of work doing, needs a complete refurb top to bottom including garden. But a 4 bed end terraced with drive for god nos how many cars plus 2 detached garages plus a huge garden, with 2 reception rooms and a utility.....who can turn it down when it comes under stamp duty price?! For us it's great because we would be buying it as a family home to.do up and live in for the foreseeable, investors won't get their money back from it so it won't appeal to them, it needs so much work it would put a lot of people off but we've done it all before on the house were in now, was a state when oh bought it n it got done top to bottom. It has so much potential. As it's vacant with no chain we could be in there by Xmas!! Just need agent to tell us it's accepted and then we can ring bank and get them to do a valuation asap and get solicitors to start sorting out the legals then we're good to go. Keep your fingers crossed for me. After yesterday I don't think I could do another day house hunting I felt so ill last night and was getting cramps plus my spd was bad after getting in and out the car.

That's great news INMT! Really hope the offer is accepted and you can get things moving (literally!) again x

I've already washed all the baby clothes I've got so far. They're hanging up or are folded in the nursery so will stay clean and fresh for the arrival. I've got nothing else done, but the clothes are organised lol! X

I washed stuff ages ago! :haha: it's all folded away and hanging in her little wardrobe and still smells nice and fresh (yes, I do go in and peek at it all every now and again!) so I think it'll be fine. I've only washed newborn and some 0-3 bits!

I would've made OH sleep on the sofa! You're heavily pregnant and shouldn't be camping out on the sofa. Hope he's doing some serious grovelling and making it up to you today!? My OH went out last night too but he stayed out, thankfully :lol: hate sleeping next to him when he's stinking drunk and snoring. So I enjoyed a nice peaceful, man free night, just me and the TV, and then I starfished on the bed. Heaven!

My DH had a serious drinking problem when I was pregnant last time (we had just started dating then, of course -.-) I'm happy to say he has been sober over a year now :) but it was a long road and he knows if he goes out and pulls the same crap he did then- he will not be coming back in the house with us. Needless to say... He has not been tried it. Thank goodness! I so agree with the ladies and I would have made him be on the couch. When I was pregnant last time I used to literally just push him off of the bed and he slept on the floor :3

What are these men like!? I have to say, my OH has actually been fab through this pregnancy, and very, very sensible! Pre-children we both loved a good night out, and had a very active social life, but now we're super boring and hardly ever go out! On the odd occasion that he has had too much and is all smelly and boozy, I'm another one for just going and sleeping on the sofa too. He's well over a foot taller than me, and once asleep is practically unconscious :haha: So, there's no way I could either wake or move him. He doesn't get much sympathy in the morning though!

I was thinking of having a really nice night out with my OH before baby arrives, because goodness knows when we'll manage out afterwards! I was thinking of booking a really indulgent dinner at a restaurant and maybe having DS stay over at my in-laws so we could have a proper lie-in and maybe go for breakfast before we pick him up. I thought it'd be so lovely to have that time together before life gets turned upside down again, and even though I don't drink alcohol at all in pregnancy, I can definitely eat!!

That sounds like a fab idea buddy :thumbup: we are hoping to do that too. It's my birthday on the 19th December so we'd usually do something for that, but as I'll be close to 38w then maybe we'll do a child free meal and movie out early for my bday celebrations!

Im 34 weeks today! :wohoo: just 3 more to full term. How did this happen!? I'm seeing my MW on Thursday (also DD2's birthday :cry: growing up so quick!) and I'm going to discuss with her the possibility of having a home birth. Completely random, but it's something I've been really thinking of these past few days and although we may have some friends who are able to look after our girls if I were to go into labour, and the in-laws are an hour's drive away also, I don't want to go into labour in the dead of the night and have to heavily rely on people :wacko: I feel a bit rude asking actually! I'm also really keen on having a water birth and because I'm consultant led and have a high BMI there's no way the hospital would allow it (and that's if one of their 2 rooms with pools in are even available on the day). So yeah.... that's my current random train of thought :haha:

That's what my appointment is for tomorrow lolly. My consultant has signed my notes to say she is happy for me to go ahead and arrange a home birth. Just got to have a growth scan at 36 weeks to double check that he hasn't went too big xx

Eeek good luck Ab, let us know how you get on :thumbup:

I know they can't stop you from having a home birth, just advise on whether or not they think it's sensible to or not, but what things should I ask or be wary of? I'm consultant led but that's down to my BMI and DD1 being low birth weight. So far this baby is looking to be slightly on the bigger side but not humongous (thankfully!) so I'm hoping they don't advise against me having one if that's what I really want.

I actually didn't mind sleeping on the sofa, it's quite comfy.

Alex is so cute lately, think he's been listening to me talk about the hospital bags, he grabs a morrisons bag, puts a pair of pants and a tshirt in and says "I'm going to hospital" can't help but laugh bless him.

Hope you ladies get your home birth. OH has never wanted me to, probably as BIL's ex had to get rushed to hospital when she had their baby after attempting a home birth. Although I am hoping I can use the midwife led unit which I guess is the next best thing.
My sister has actually taken 2 weeks off work from my due date so she will be on call to have Alex overnight if I go into labour during the night. She would just jump into my bed with Alex instead of disturbing him and taking him to her house. She will still have him overnight if I go early too.
I highly doubt Alex will be in his own bed by then so that will be interesting when baby is here lol.

I want a home birth as I laboured and delivered quickly with both girls, 90mins dd1 and 50mins dd2, start to finish. I don't have any family close enough now to get here in time to have the girls. If I do end up having to go to hospital I will be on my own and dh will have the girls, which I don't mind but would obviously be better if dh could be there. I have to have growth scans as dd1 was 6lb 13.5oz at 34+5 and dd2 was 9lb 6oz at 38+5 so they were worried that this baby would be too big for me to birth at home but he was below the 95th centile,just, so they said I should be fine.
I have a couple of questions I want to ask lolly, but mainly just about things to do if he arrives before the midwife gets here, regarding cord etc. I had to convince dh that a home birth will be good, he's still not 100% but he just worrries. He is panicking in case a midwife doesn't get here in time, where as I am fully expecting that to happen and dh having to deliver him lol xx

Happy 34 weeks lolly xx
Happy32 weeks welshgirl xx

Thanks Ab.
A friend of mine has had 2 homebirths, and on her 2nd, her husband had to deliver their baby as the midwife was too late getting there.
I would like a homebirth just so I am home with Alex too. It killed me being away from him when I had the miscarriage last year and had to spend the night in hospital, even though he stays at my mums regularly. I'm hoping the birth goes as smoothly as it did with Alex, textbook according to the midwife lol (we were home 4hours later) that we will be able to be discharged same day.

I hope you have another textbook birth too.
With Zoe we stayed for 5 days as she was jaundiced and her bilirubin levels were too high, she had a really dirty nappy on the 4th night and her levels came right down lol. Zara was discharged after 6 hours xx

Me too. I woke with 1st pains at 2am, got to the hospital for 11am and he was born at 1.10pm. On our way home at 5.30pm. But when we went back the next morning for the doctors check we were kept in as the little bugger wouldnt really feed from me. We were kept in for 2 or 3 nights then!

I'm super jelly of you ladies- I always wanted to do a home birth but they wouldn't allow it over here where I am with my son :( good thing I didn't, tho. Cuz I ended up having to have a c section with him.

You ladies are so close!! Congrats on making it another week :3!! It seems so odd to me that time is flying by so quick. We have to get our bags packed for the hospital and have sooo many more clothes to buy still. I've been worrying and having crazy dreams that I go in to labour early without anything prepared. So I have been bugging the hubby to get the bags packed with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->