LTTTC while feeling left behind Room - Welcome

Hi everyone!

I'm back home and so excited to be in one place for more or less a longer period of time. And I have regular internet access again -- hooray!

I wasn't able to catch up on everyone, but I did want to ask Titi how the lap & dye went? I think that was scheduled for yesterday? At least going by Australian time... Also, Titi, I'm 36, so you and I are about the same age!

I was also happy to see Scerena stand up for herself!

Sorry for not being able to catch up on everyone else individually. I've finally figured out where journals are and found some of you, so will try to comment there.

afm, I started a journal! I'm terribly nervous about it, but I've so enjoyed reading other people's journals and I could use the place to talk to other people about what I'm going through, so there it is.

:hugs: to everyone! Now I better get back to work; I promised DH I would make a website for his tour company but have been on bnb instead. :)

:hi: phrum glad you have proper Internet connection again :) hope you managed to get some of your ohs site done?

gdane hope everything went okay?

Sizzles, how are yoU?

I'm ok thanks Hun! Getting quite excited about our meeting on Wednesday. OH asked me "So what are they going to tell us then?" to which I replied something along the line of "Duh! That's why we're going - because I don't know!" I do know the basics of IVF, which is more than him, but I'd rather he waited and heard it first-hand - partly because I don't know enough to tell him, e.g. time scales etc.
At the moment I cannot be bothered to have sex!!! That is really bad isn't it?! We haven't dtd this cycle yet and I reckon I'll ov on Wednesday (not sure we'll feel like dtd after the meeting! :wacko: So last night I told him we had to 'have an early night', so bless him, he did 'advance' but I couldn't be bothered. Luckily we had a nice cuddle and I made myself (sounds worse and worse!) dtd! This could be our last hope/cycle before ivf - I might be wrong, it might take longer, but it's possible and I would be thrilled to get pregnant naturally.
Anyway, that's where I'm at. How did the appointment go?

:shy:

Hi, I was just noseying around ltttc and came across this thread and felt like it was perfect so I was hoping it was ok to post?

I'm Emily, me and oh have been ttc for 2 years now officially (3 years unofficially) and I've been a member of a few threads where people have come and gone with their bfps, 5 of my cousins have children, people who started ttc after we did have become pregnant and had their baby/babies and I really am starting to feel very left behind :nope:

I feel disgusted with myself as I know that it's my weight that's holding us back. I'm currently that big that my weight is affecting my cycles (big time) and we're not dtd at the right time of the cycle.

So on monday I decided to put a stop to it and decided to restart slimming world, so I'm in my first week and have so far lost 3 lbs. I know that losing just 10% of your body weight can help fertility so that is my first goal to see if it helps my cycles.

I'm also starting a course of vitamins/supplements as I went to end the year being able to say that we gave it everything we possibly could before going back to the dr. So the vitamins I'll be taking are
Agnus Castus
Vitamin C
Vitamin B Complex
Zinc
Evening Primrose Oil
Omega 3
Starflower Oil

Sorry to have rattled on :blush: Hopefully I'll get to know you all and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry other people feel the same way that I do :hugs:

Welcome Emmy! Well done on starting to lose the weight - I wish you lots of luck with it.

sizzles I'm glad I stuck up for myself too.... :) I'm sick of them messing me around :dohh: if they done their job properly I'd probably be pregnant by now...
It's great to have someone going through the same as me with similar feelings about it all :hugs:

:hugs: :winkwink:

Hi everyone!

I'm back home and so excited to be in one place for more or less a longer period of time. And I have regular internet access again -- hooray!

Welcome home!!!

Hi Sizzles, thank you for the warm welcome too.

You never know, you could fall pregnant naturally. A friend of mine on b&b got pregnant the cycle before she was due to start ivf, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it happens for you too.

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself today, I've just been really hungry and could have gone to the cupboard and nabbed a packet of Chris' crisps, however, I actually went the fridge and made dairylea triangles wrapped in ham to use my healthy extra "a" choice on slimming world :D AND I've measured myself today and I'm 2 inches taller than I thought, so less weight to lose should we need to go and see a fs :D

EmmyReece, sounds like you have a great start to the weight loss, way to go dear! :thumbup:

Sizzles: Good luck on wednesday. prepare yourself for emotionally and mentally draining experience. Make sure to write any questions you have down and get all the info you can.

Titi: hope you're feeling better.

Lekker: hope af is being nicer than she was.

Here: hey babycakes! :hi: how are you doing? any better?

phrum: Welcome back doll! I'll have to check out your journal, but I have to warn you that I've been terrible at stalking lately. Have you been to doc?

AFM: I'm sorry i've been MIA lately. Urologist didn't really help much. Trav is very relieved because he was thinking cancer. But it's not a varicocele and it's not epididymitis. he has a small cyst on his epididymis and then a couple of bigger cysts on his testicles which are not as common. We'll know more monday after doc calls us back but they said he'll probably have to do another ultrasound in six months just to keep an eye on them. The urologist was not concerned at all about travs morphology and pretty much blamed infertility all on me...which I know it's mostly me anyways, but it was still a rough day. i had a little breakdown.

:hi: to anyone I missed.

AF is knocking on my door, a little spotting and I've got that PMS brain fog. Our timing wasn't great this month, so I wasn't really holding out much hope anyway.

Don't worry about "rambling" ladies, thats mostly what I do. It's good to be around other women with similar problems and similar feelings of pain and frustration.

Sorry the urologist didn't help much Gdane :hugs: Do you have an idea as to what sort of time frame you're looking at for the dr to call you back? Hopefully it's not long of a wait.

oneKnight, hopefully it's not af, but if she does come like you think I'll keep everything crossed for you next cycle :hugs:

I also wanted to say a welcome to Emmy and oneKnight! Sorry to hear that AF is knocking on your door, though, oneKinght. There's nothing worse for me when she's coming. And, good news on the successful weight loss so far, Emmy! I know what a struggle that can be.

Sizzles, your post made me chuckle! I'll be anxious to hear how your Weds. meeting goes.

Wasn't someone getting a lap & dye a few days ago? I'm so confused (I blame it on the jetlag), sorry!

GDane, I did see the Doc and will post on my journal (short answer is all seems well so far). Don't worry if you can't get around to stalking. I'll be impressed with myself if I get around to updating it. I found yours the other day so will look for it again.

Hope the rest of you are well! xo

Thank you phrumkidost, congrats on your pregnancy :hugs:

I noticed in your signature that you'd been taking vitex, I'm starting it tomorrow alongside vitamin c and evening primrose oil. Then I'm waiting for a delivery of vitamin b complex, selenium, omega 3, starflower oil and zinc (I swear I'll be shocked if I don't rattle each morning) :)

gdane sorry you are having a rough time of it :( I am sorry to hear your oh has cysts my oh had a cyst in his testicle from what I remember they gave him anti-biotics but I will check when he's awake- he had a late night so is being lazy :dohh:

5% morph is considered normal where I am- anything above 4% :) I'm in the same situation seems like its all me :shrug: it's not a nice feeling :hugs:

I hope the doc calls you real soon :hugs:

oneknight I hope it's not af Hun :hugs:

phrum are you having any symptoms as of yet? And do you have any scans due??

here what dose of CoQ10 are you taking??? I want to start but haven't a clue on what dose???

Thanx for thinking of me Phrum. The lap was uneventful, a little rough recovering. Found 2 small patches on my uterus which could have been endo and were cauterized and one much larger wart like looking thing on my right ovary which could also have been endo but was removed and biopsied. Everything else perfect which, although with empathy to Lekker, is better than a worse case scenario, it still basically leaves me in the same boat b/c my F.s said with all the other great test results we've had over the years, if the lap didn't uncover anything than he was 99% sure our problem lies in the embryos itself which will entail a $20,000 ivf cycle to include a super hyper stim and p.g.d testing on them all to hopefully (note word 'hopefully"-he said the 1st time his sister did it she had over 20 and NONE were good enough) find one without defects that will stick. He said even what look like grade a embryos in the lab can be useless with defects not found by pgd and that is most always the problem in failed cycles in non pgd ivf cycles. The rest of the cost comes from adding a fet in, because he says pg chances are much lower in a fresh cycle when that overs timed, sigh.

titi sorry your lap has given you no answers and that you are now looking at very High costs to conceive :hugs:

I am hoping that you get your miracle real soon Hun it sounds like you definitely deserve it :hugs:

I also hope that you have a speedy recovery Hun :hugs:

I hope you're feeling well TITI! I'm sorry your results weren't exactly what you wanted. :( I know how that feels. I'm keeping you in my heart!

I'm sorry I don't have a lot to say to everyone on here right this second as I am not up to speed. I will be silent for awhile I think because hubby and I got into it pretty bad a couple of nights ago and I'm having to take a break from the IVF journey to work on my marriage. I almost lost him and I'm not willing to risk that. So I'll keep lurking when I can but right now I have to push all of it behind me and hide it so that I don't lose the most important person in my life. <3 I love you all and am thinking about each of you daily!

lekker I am so sorry that you and oh have had a rough time lately :hugs: just take the time to work on your marriage and keep the most important person in your life ttc can ruin relationships and i am so glad that you are fighting to keep yours :hugs:

We will all be here for you when you return so take your time Hunni :hugs:
Wishing you both all the best and that you can make your relationship even better than ever, the break will do you both the world of good by letting go of all the stress for a little bit :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you phrumkidost, congrats on your pregnancy :hugs:

I noticed in your signature that you'd been taking vitex, I'm starting it tomorrow alongside vitamin c and evening primrose oil. Then I'm waiting for a delivery of vitamin b complex, selenium, omega 3, starflower oil and zinc (I swear I'll be shocked if I don't rattle each morning) :)

Thanks, Emmy! Yes, I was taking vitex and evening primrose oil. I think for me the key was to take it only *prior to* O. I was taking it all the before, but it was only when I switched to just before O (and then the progesterone cream after) that I felt my body was working and I had strong Os. That could just be dumb luck, too, but at least I'm telling myself it helped. :)

phrum are you having any symptoms as of yet? And do you have any scans due??

Scerena, a bit of nausea and was really tired a few weeks back. I'm getting a scan in a few weeks but otherwise no confirmation yet, so I'm still quite nervous! [-o< I'll keep my journal updated, though, so you can stalk me there. :)

Titi, I'm so sorry the scan didn't bring you any answers. :hugs: My next step was a lap & dye (I had a pre-appointment just before leaving for Bhutan) and the Dr. told me flat out he thought he wouldn't find much but would do it anyway. I wanted to cry leaving his office!

And Lekker, so sorry to hear about you and DH! We're here for you and will be thinking of you. :hugs:

All the rest, thinking about you and sending lots of :dust:

Titi, I'm so sorry you don't have any answers yet :hugs:

Lekker I second what scerena says, that you need to take the time to work on things with your hubby right now. We'll all be here when you're ready to come back :hugs:

Scerena, how are things with you?

I did my first weigh in this morning and I'm 5lbs down from last week :happydance: I need to lose another 8lbs to get out of the 60s (bmi wise) and down into the 50s :shock: :D

I also won't be around much. Hubs and I got into a huge fight last night that came to head this morning. Best of luck to all you ladies.

:hugs: Gdane, as we said to Lekker, we're here when you're ready to come back xx

phrum I'm rubbish with stalking ATM on journal but I will make sure to pass by :) not long and you get to see your 1st pic of your bubba :)

emmy wohoo go you :happydance: sounds like you're doing fab :) keep it up and you will be dropping down loads in your bmi :)
I'm good thanks Hun not a lot to report- feel so boring :haha:

gdane oh Hunni :hugs: I hope that things work out with you and your oh :hugs: it's such a shame we are here for you even if you want to just chat Hun I'm only a PM away :hugs:

emmy wohoo go you :happydance: sounds like you're doing fab :) keep it up and you will be dropping down loads in your bmi :)
I'm good thanks Hun not a lot to report- feel so boring :haha:

Not boring in the slightest :hugs:

I'm hoping that it won't take long to get down to a bmi under 60, that would feel SO amazing, so the goal for this week is to lose as much as possible (healthily) to get me there asap :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->