LTTTC while feeling left behind Room - Welcome

This thread is for anyone who is LTTTC and feel left behind. This was inspired and dedicated to a few of my journal friends who are still in this hard cruel game of TTC.

EVERYONE LTTTC is Welcome!

Next month is when it's going to start really getting hard on me. All of my friends are pregnant and will start having babies next month. From June to December, I know someone having a baby....... everyone but me. :cry: After trying for two years, I just want to give up and just accept that it's never going to happen for me. I feel like a failer. :nope: I feel that I have let my husband done because we seem to do everything right and nothing happening for us. So why do I even bother at this point?????
I hate going to gender reveal parties and then baby showers. Lately, I have been coming up with excuses to not go.

RegalPeas I'm glad that you have a positive attitude. Thank you.

I know I haven't been around much either but I just have to comment on gender reveals. ... they are getting freaking out of hand! !!

Dh and I have been ttc for seven years now... This year we finally decided to seek medical help... we're in the process of the many tests to determine why we're not getting prego.

I have 3 other sisters who are married and all very fertile. A SIL who just gave birth 6 months ago... and my mother who cannot understand why I'm having such a hard time when she herself is very fertile...

..... my little sister is due to go into labor next weekend/or any day now. I'm excited for her because this will be her first vaginal birth (her 1st was via c-section). But, I can't help but feel really left behind when all my best ladies are popping babies left to right...

Prayers my PMA waxes and wanes.:wacko: I want it to be 100%. I don't want this taking over me but some days are harder than other. Thanks for your support. :)

Ahana and everyone hang in there! :hugs:

I know I haven't been on here for a while, but I'm thinking about all of you. We tried for over two years and I'd lost a lot of faith in myself and became pretty sad about what I was doing wrong. It's probably also why I'm pretty sensitive about even letting people know--I know how difficult it is and how much it hurts to see everyone else around you sharing their joy and not being too concerned about how everyone else around them may be taking it.

Just know that you are all wonderful people and moms in some way...

I'm going to see Dr Miller tomorrow, first apt of the day 9:00am. I'm excited about going to the gynecologist! How weird is that?
Maybe finally get the ball rolling!
I even shaved for the event :p

So I'm supposed to call when I start my next period to schedule a HSG. I think I can come up with cash for the radiology part ($540) which will save a lot of money, but they will bill me $300 more for the Dr's costs. I also got a cup for dear hubbs - he hates that LOL but he'll do it. I'm 100% sure that the problem is with me, but his kid is 18 so he could have some more recent issues that we doesn't know about, and the cost of the SA is negligible.
Then I suppose I'll be in for 21-day bloods. Hopefully we'll get some answers soon!!

OneKnight, hoping everything goes well with your hsg! I'm trying to get one myself. Glad you can cover the cost!

OneKnight, hoping everything goes well with your hsg! I'm trying to get one myself. Glad you can cover the cost!

If you can come up with CASH they discount it down to approx 1/3 cost, which is what I plan to do. Maybe see if your hospital/clinic does that sort of discount as well? The clinic works with the radiology department of two hospitals and they sent me to the one with the biggest cash discount :thumbup:

My insurance is "emergency" insurance - they cover occasional dr visits and accident/emergency care, but nothing "extra" like infertility. The only plan I found that would cover some infertility was almost 1/4 my monthly income per month and a 12 month wait for maternity coverage, so I would have to pay $3k before I ever saw any benefit!! I'll keep my cheap insurance, thanks.

Yes that is definitely smart on your part :). I'm seeing my gyn in the next few weeks. I hope she'll order the hsg for me. If not I'll have to go through an RE again. I'll take your tips in regards to finding a discount!

Anyone that knows anybody that is interested, I am selling my clearblue fertility monitor

my email is [email protected] for anyone that is interested
Please tell all of your friends

I want a CBFM, but I'm saving my money for my HSG first.

I'm about 3 days out from expected AF - seems like me and OH didn't get our timing right this past month (it really helps if I ovulate when we're off work LOL).
I'm having a little "odd" pms though, as in not much pms, not even sore boobies! Just a few passing cramps for a couple of days. I expect AF this weekend, so maybe she won't kill me when she hits?? And to schedule my HSG after that, probably the 11th-112th (they only do them Tue/Wed and those happen to be my days off!)

My "ex mother in law" gave me $40 towards my HSG. She wants me to have her another grandbaby lol even though technically I'm not married to her family anymore, legal documents don't always make a family. At least she's supportive, and not annoyingly pressuring me.

ETA: I forgot to add that I've started taking my Geritol again, PLUS a B complex gummi vit (since B is water soluble I can take a ton of it). I got an "idea" from another thread, and looked up some non-prescription options and taking loads of all the B's was recommended. Still want to know if my tubes are even open though - if not, all the vitamins are useless, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try for just a few dollars. Looking forward to my HSG just to get some answers!

Edit again to add: I told my boss about the upcoming test because someone was going on vacation and it might affect my schedule/regular days off. I wasn't gonna mention it to him since I was gonna be off anyway, but anyway. Turns out, he went through infertility testing with his first wife. Of course all he had to *do* was give a sample in a cup, but all of us oh here know ttc and especially ltttc/infertility affects both partners. At least now I know someone in real life who's been there, even if it is a guy

That is awesome that your boss opened up to you in that way. Hoping your hsg test comes soon enough

Oneknight good luck with your hsg hope it comes back clear for you

Let me know if you will want the monitor after you save for sure, I will hold it for you :_)

AF got me, as expected, but a day early. My boobies got sore exacly one day before, and my brain got loopy. It's hard to be on your game at work when pms screws with your brain so much. Must be what my sister called "pregnancy brain" except I call it "pms brain fog"
Of course, it hit at 4pm on Friday so I can't call to schedule my HSG till Monday. I was hoping to get in this upcoming Tuesday, before my coworker goes on vacation. Hope it's not too late!!

Of course, it hit at 4pm on Friday so I can't call to schedule my HSG till Monday. I was hoping to get in this upcoming Tuesday, before my coworker goes on vacation. Hope it's not too late!!
Tuesday might be a bit too early in your cycle - most ask that you have finished your period (and that it has been finished for 24 hours) before performing the test (some will do it if you are still spotting slightly though).

Tuesday might be a bit too early in your cycle - most ask that you have finished your period (and that it has been finished for 24 hours) before performing the test (some will do it if you are still spotting slightly though).
I find it funny that they only do it two days a week, kinda puts a limit on how picky they can be about what CD you are. They told me to call when my period started. So I guess they want it early in the cycle. 4 day periods are fairly normal for me, I could be pretty light or even spotty by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I find it funny that they only do it two days a week, kinda puts a limit on how picky they can be about what CD you are. They told me to call when my period started. So I guess they want it early in the cycle. 4 day periods are fairly normal for me, I could be pretty light or even spotty by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Ours are the same, they only do the HyCoSy and HSG scans on a Monday and a Thursday and like you I was asked to call on the first day so they could schedule me an appt. Mine wanted me to go in between day 6 and 10 but on the first Thursday after day 6 I wouldn't have been finished for 24 hours and the following Monday was a bank holiday so they weren't doing them then! They ended up giving me an appt. on cd 13 which was fine as I don't ovulate before then anyway. Good luck with your scan :)

Hey I've been lurking as I have my hsg scan on Thursday. I'd been worrying that it will fall on cycle day 17 just after ovulation, but got told they only do the procedure one morning every month! We have to sign something to say we haven't had unprotected sex this cycle and go for pregnancy test the day before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->