LTTTC while feeling left behind Room - Welcome

Re HSGs early in the cycle--if there's still menstrual tissue in there it can mess up the test, meaning you'd have to repeat. That happened to a woman on here who was paying for it out of pocket. Doctor wasn't sure if one tube was really blocked or if lining had clogged the tube. Better to wait to be safe. :hugs:

But I came here to vent: I am SICK TO DEATH of reading others' bfp announcements around here. Especially the new ones who flit in, post a bunch, get their bfps in about two weeks, and then want everyone else to celebrate with them. :grr: :grr: :grr:

I know what you mean but the real life bfps of friends and family kill me much more! 'It only took us one month..'

Sorry to flit in. No bfps to report from me:-( Think people should post them in their own journals or testing threads.

Thanks for the info about the tubal testing at the beginning of cycle, glad mines a mid cycle now after initial disappointment :) x

Re HSGs early in the cycle--if there's still menstrual tissue in there it can mess up the test, meaning you'd have to repeat. That happened to a woman on here who was paying for it out of pocket. Doctor wasn't sure if one tube was really blocked or if lining had clogged the tube. Better to wait to be safe. :hugs:
Thank you for the explination, perhaps I should wait till the next week since I tend to O later (cd 16-17 I think). It's just that it will be my only day off that week and I'll be tired, and spending half the day running around isn't that restful :(

I had a rough night at work, and my boss is sometimes great sometimes not, I'm afraid he'll be grouchy tomorrow. Some days, I hate this job!! It pays "ok" and I do have insurance for the first time since 2008, but if I could find something better I'd leave in a heartbeat!!

Lazy, I definitely didn't mean you! :hugs: It actually wasn't in the LTTTC forum, either. But can I flit in and announce my bfn!? :haha: First femara cycle = total bust. :nope: :growlmad:

Oneknight, HSGs definitely aren't restful, but I think they're very quick for most people. I hope yours goes great! :thumbup: :hugs:

But I came here to vent: I am SICK TO DEATH of reading others' bfp announcements around here. Especially the new ones who flit in, post a bunch, get their bfps in about two weeks, and then want everyone else to celebrate with them. :grr: :grr: :grr:
I don't mind LTTTCers getting their BFP's - even if they have just moved into the LTTTC forums because most of them have been trying for a long time already anyway :flower:

I do try and steer clear of the TTC forums though - I read one this morning where a girl posted that she had conceived after 2 months and thought it would take longer - well aren't you the lucky one :gun:

I read one this morning where she conceived first month of trying. She couldn't believe how easy it was!
I'm tracking my ovulation date very carefully this month despite not being able to try before hsg on Thursday. I was suppose to be having a month off ttc but if I ovulate straight after hsg I will be delighted- that's if they don't find that both tubes are blocked.

I thought having a month off would be good for me and dh but I'm itching to try!

I'm 33 nearly 34. Dh is 37. Of course I'm kicking myself we didn't try earlier. But men certainly need to take some blame. It took dh 4 years to propose! X

I'm secretly hoping for one of those "magic" BFPs that women get the cycle of/immediately following their HSG. Don't miss it LazyDaisy!

I'm secretly hoping for one of those "magic" BFPs that women get the cycle of/immediately following their HSG. Don't miss it LazyDaisy!

I'm secretly hoping too!:flower: why do we do it to ourselves:wacko:
My other hope is that the pregnancy test that they do the day before comes back positive even though I know that's near impossible.

Guess what I hoped when I went for my pelvic scan? Yeah you guessed it a little bean on the screen... I got a nice fibroid instead! :blush::blush:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oneknight, HSGs definitely aren't restful, but I think they're very quick for most people. I hope yours goes great! :thumbup: :hugs:

Not restful, but I found mine ok. The worst bit was when they're clamping (??) your cervix. The nurse was really lovely and talked to me etc. to take my mind off it.

I don't mind LTTTCers getting their BFP's - even if they have just moved into the LTTTC forums because most of them have been trying for a long time already anyway :flower:

I do try and steer clear of the TTC forums though - I read one this morning where a girl posted that she had conceived after 2 months and thought it would take longer - well aren't you the lucky one :gun:

I don't really bother with the 'normal' ttc forums either - just find them too depressing!

I read one this morning where she conceived first month of trying. She couldn't believe how easy it was!
I'm tracking my ovulation date very carefully this month despite not being able to try before hsg on Thursday. I was suppose to be having a month off ttc but if I ovulate straight after hsg I will be delighted- that's if they don't find that both tubes are blocked.

I thought having a month off would be good for me and dh but I'm itching to try!

I'm 33 nearly 34. Dh is 37. Of course I'm kicking myself we didn't try earlier. But men certainly need to take some blame. It took dh 4 years to propose! X

Yup! Blokes are USELESS! We got engaged 11 YEARS after we paired up. I really wish we'd married sooner and therefore starting ttc sooner; I'll be 35 next month and OH's nearly 42! I didn't want to be one of those women who (hopefully if and when I have a baby) people assume waited because of my career or whatever - I want to tell them how long we tried for, but equally, that might be a little inappropriate, and I don't necessarily want everyone knowing my business.

I'm secretly hoping too!:flower: why do we do it to ourselves:wacko:
My other hope is that the pregnancy test that they do the day before comes back positive even though I know that's near impossible.

Guess what I hoped when I went for my pelvic scan? Yeah you guessed it a little bean on the screen... I got a nice fibroid instead! :blush::blush:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Been there SO many times: various scans, blood tests (don't think they even check for pg routinely when they're investigating infertility, but I still hoped to get a phone call starting "Erm, you know this blood test for 'infertility'..."), HSGa, even going to the acupuncturist etc. I hoped she might say that I might want to do a test based on what she 'felt'. Why do we do it to ourselves!?

As for me, currently cd8 and have had ov 'niggles' for the last 24 hours or so. Too soon to be ov, so rather weird and decided I had a cyst (based on very little pain for a very short period!)
We are due to start IVF in August, so have 2 more shots at getting a baby in the usual way! Seems unlikely, but we'll give it a shot.

HSG scheduled for noon on the 18th, SA drop-off appointment before that. The lady who schedules them sounds sooooo much like my sister in law!!!

So I had internal scan and hsg.Hsg wasn't too bad, intense cramping for a few seconds when they put the dye through but totally bearable.
Both my tubes were clear. One tube took a bit longer for the dye to go through so hopefully it's been nicely cleared.
Been told to try for three for months then being referred for artificial insemination. Apparently I am entitled to six attempts of that then 2 ivf.

Well sounds like good news! Good luck!!! Baby dust to us all!

I bought some fresh Preseed to hopefully increase my chances of an after-hsg bfp.
My sister gave me some of hers after she got her bfp, but no luck with it. I ran out of applicators (though a regular syringe sans needle works fine, I ran out of them too) and now it's over a year old, so they happened to have it in stock today and I got some fresh. Seems like it's out of stock locally very often!!

Tried the OPK this morning. Cusses! This thing is complicated first thing in the morning!! I am so NOT a morning person!!!
I thought you peed on the sick and then put it in the reader. Apparently you insert a clean stick, and then pee on it (or dunk it) while it's still in the holder. Wish I'd figured that out the first time....but I eventually did, haha all that for a low fertility reading, but at least that part was expected haha
I'm a pee stick expert, who wouldda thunk this thing would befuddle me? I tried to read the directions last night in advance because I knew I would be half asleep.....and it still didn't help LOL

Holy poop! CD12 and I'm bleeding! Wtf???
I had some strange early cycle cramping and fatigue this month that prompted me to do a test about CD7, neg of course (but I didn't use FMU since I was well past my "expected period" lmp 6/7). I brushed it off and figured I was hoping too hard.

Now I'm seriously wondering what the F????

How fast can they get a blood pg test back? I wanna know what's up?

Hi OneKnight
My doc can get them back same day if it is done before noon, otherwise next day. Good Luck!

Couldn't help myself, poas again stark white neg. Called my clinic, they said if I was still spotting tomorrow we'd have to reschedule.
What I'm getting looks like old blood, I'm sure you know what I mean. I've just NEVER had pre-O spotting, EVER, really not even ovulation spotting either and I'm not due to ovulate till this weekend - I *just* started my opks!

I've been taking Geritol and B complex this month. Could that be the cause? I've taken Geritol before with no strange effects. I thought the extra B vitimins worked on your LP, not so much pre-o.

:hugs:This is really strange if you haven't had it before. Sods laws before your procedure. Hope you get it figured out.:hugs:

My TTC brain is going nuts over this. "Maybe AF wasn't really AF, maybe I ovulated really late and this is implantation time? And if so it's too early is why my tests are bfn" .....but really it's probably nothing!

I was hinging some hope on the HSG making this "the golden cycle" for a natural BFP....now I don't know if it's even a normal cycle!!

On the other hand, something is happening, maybe my uterus has woken up from a 6-year sleep? Duh! Maybe it's good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->