***November 2019 Babies!***

My scan was so so. Gestational sac measuring 11mm and yolk sac visible. No fetal pole or heart beat so I was sad as so many women see that by now. My sonographer said that means it’s 50/50 viable pregnancy, but my doc was much more reassuring and said she had no expectation of seeing those yet and it means absolutely nothing. She checked my cervix and it was closed still so that’s good. They did a blood draw and are having me come back Tuesday for repeat eval. Hopefully by then there’s a heartbeat but that’s still not a complete guarantee. Looking forward to the call this afternoon about what my blood test showed. They gave me progesterone supplement “just to be safe.”

She thinks I had a ruptured cyst as they noticed some floating fluid.

Ugh the agony of waiting.

I now absolutely get why scans this early are not very helpful. More questions than answers. :-(

Got my first appointment booked for the 17th April! Scan booked for the 16th, feel very accomplished this morning! lol

I decided as it’d been 2 days since my last test of crack open one of my last 2 FRERs hoping for a nice blazer. There wasn’t much difference to my first test so got really disheartened and then realised it’s a rapid results and apparently they’re like 50-100MIu in sensitivity so feeling better about it now!

122E0957-A25D-41BE-A374-0C46AF791891.jpeg

ETA: oh MissDoc, sorry about the disappointing scan! That’s great that they’re giving you progesterone. I’m sure everything will be fine. I did so much forum research about when to book an early scan and so many said to avoid those early early ones because they’re so inconclusive!

My scan was so so. Gestational sac measuring 11mm and yolk sac visible. No fetal pole or heart beat so I was sad as so many women see that by now. My sonographer said that means it’s 50/50 viable pregnancy, but my doc was much more reassuring and said she had no expectation of seeing those yet and it means absolutely nothing. She checked my cervix and it was closed still so that’s good. They did a blood draw and are having me come back Tuesday for repeat eval. Hopefully by then there’s a heartbeat but that’s still not a complete guarantee. Looking forward to the call this afternoon about what my blood test showed. They gave me progesterone supplement “just to be safe.”

I now absolutely get why scans this early are not very helpful. More questions than answers. :-(

So sorry your scan didn't give you the answers you needed, but it is still early. I'm sure when you go back next week, you'll get more answers. Stay positive and don't stress yourself out thinking about it. Hugs to you.

Miss doc, I'm sure that is very stressful. The waiting and not knowing. But like the other ladies have said, the early scans often don't show everything and it doesn't necessarily mean anything! I hope you're able to relax until your follow up and hopefully the follow up will bring you some comfort!

Miss Doc I am so sorry you didn't get the answers you wanted. But I didnt see a heartbeat with DD until 6+1. At 5+4 they didnt see fetal pole or anything! A small percentage of women see hb before 6 weeks. And for your sonographer to say 50/50 is crazy! Once you see gest sac and yolk sac the chances are like 80 percent of viability. But I'm sure next week you will see that hb fluttering away.

I am praying next time you get to see the heartbeat. It’s so hard the waiting especially when you are worried. You should take reassurance from your doctor and try not to worry too much. Easier said than done I know. Look after yourself and keep us posted. Sending love.

Thanks so much for your support, ladies. That’s good to hear that after a normal yolk sac and gest sac odds improve. Wasn't the best thing for the sonographer to say. She acted like we should’ve seen more, but my doc didn’t give that impression even a bit. So I’m going to stay positive at least until I hear back about my hcg from yesterday.

Heard back on HCG from yesterday. It was 20,500 which is pretty much right on track for a doubling time of 48 hrs. So that’s at least a little reassuring.
That's excellent! That sonographer should never have said that to you.

How's everyone doing? Nausea has hit me today. I've not been sick, just feel really sick. And I'm so tired. Sleeping 11 hours at night. I've got my first scan on Friday and I can't wait!! I feel like the weeks have been dragging in, I can't wait until we're into the 2nd tri and we can tell people. Has anyone announced their news already?

Nausea been on and off for days but today the sickness hit me so bad!!! I'm due November 10th until told otherwise at my dating scan!

Got an early scam Tuesday and I'll be 7+2, hope I get to see and hear something!!!

Thanks so much for your support, ladies. That’s good to hear that after a normal yolk sac and gest sac odds improve. Wasn't the best thing for the sonographer to say. She acted like we should’ve seen more, but my doc didn’t give that impression even a bit. So I’m going to stay positive at least until I hear back about my hcg from yesterday.

No offence if anyone is... but sonographers are insensitive little ***** from my own experiences in previous pregnancies

I’m feeling really down today. Nausea is quite intense, lower back pain is intense and cramping on and off. I know everything could still be fine, I’m not bleeding and the cramps aren’t intense but it’s just got me worrying that something is going to go wrong. I’m only 3 days in, 3 days! How can it be this bad? Lol

(I feel like I need to say that I’m thrilled I’m pregnant and will put up with all the pain and nausea in the world if I get a take home baby!)

Hi ladies,

MissDoc, glad your HCg levels came back on point. That's great news

Cinderella, wow, those symptoms hit you fast!

Afm, still no nausea, only sore boobs still. I traveled from my home in Chicago to New York to host a baby shower for my cousin/best friend, and boy was it difficult to not tell people the news. Someone there did bust me though, it's crazy how some people just know. Anyway, boarding my plane home now. Tty ladies soon.

Thanks for the support, ladies! Totally agree that the sonographer was unnecessarily insensitive. There are two at my doc’s office, and one is really great and the other is not so much. I got the not so much one last time.

I feel positive this baby is okay. It’s hard to believe I’d have this level of nausea and symptoms of this little one isn’t alive. The symptoms have hit like a ton of bricks which makes daily life with a toddler and work more difficult, but it provides a sense of reassurance. Seriously ready for my Tuesday scan. Fingers so so so crosses for a heart beat.

Harmony, did they put you in front of others, so does your fam know now?

Cinderella I think your symptoms are a great sign. It’s crazy. We don’t have hcg in our systems at baseline and it rapidly climbs the thousands, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands. It’s insane. Our bodies are so wild!

HLx, good luck at your tuesday scan! It’s nice it’s after the 7 week mark so you’ll for sure get to see an embryo and that sweet flicker!

JFT, good luck on your scan! Time seriously drags! I’ve told only friends who are TTC too. We’ll wait until after the NIPT testing results to tell people. By that time we’ll hopefully have ruled out major issues and know the sex.

Is anyone planning to do any type of reveal? We won’t do a party or anything, but we’ll probably get some confetti canons for our toddler son to do with us in our backyard for our own private little reveal. Maybe video it or FaceTime with grandparents.

Harmony: ooh I bet that was hard not to tell! It's crazy how some people just know. It's like they have an intuition or something.

MissDoc: I'm glad you're feeling more positive! I agree that you wouldn't be this sick if something was wrong. Can't wait to hear your results this coming week!

Cinderella: the first trimester is so hard! Anxiety and worry and sickness. I hope you're feeling better!

Hlx: can't wait to hear about your scan.

AFM: still sick as a dog. Slept a lot this weekend, fatigue is kicking my butt. Don't have a scan until April 5. Have told some close friends and my mom. Will wait to tell everyone else until second tri.

This morning I had some morning sickness and I've never been so happy! The cramping has finally gone away. I'm hoping to see more on ultrasound tomorrow. My hcg on Friday was 5,000 so definitely should have a yolk sac.

So excited for all the scans this week!

I'm not sure if we will do a gender reveal. We did for DD so doubtful we will do another as there was drama over the guest list. We have kept it a secret from almost everyone. My friend that works for RE knows but want to try to do reveal on Easter to the grandparents. I told a bunch of friends about chemical and it was hard to go and tell everyone it didnt work so definitely waiting. Trying to decide how to hide drinking from our friends the next two weekends? Any tips bc my friends will be paying attention to it.

Thanks for the support, ladies! Totally agree that the sonographer was unnecessarily insensitive. There are two at my doc’s office, and one is really great and the other is not so much. I got the not so much one last time.

I feel positive this baby is okay. It’s hard to believe I’d have this level of nausea and symptoms of this little one isn’t alive. The symptoms have hit like a ton of bricks which makes daily life with a toddler and work more difficult, but it provides a sense of reassurance. Seriously ready for my Tuesday scan. Fingers so so so crosses for a heart beat.

Harmony, did they put you in front of others, so does your fam know now?

Cinderella I think your symptoms are a great sign. It’s crazy. We don’t have hcg in our systems at baseline and it rapidly climbs the thousands, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands. It’s insane. Our bodies are so wild!

HLx, good luck at your tuesday scan! It’s nice it’s after the 7 week mark so you’ll for sure get to see an embryo and that sweet flicker!

JFT, good luck on your scan! Time seriously drags! I’ve told only friends who are TTC too. We’ll wait until after the NIPT testing results to tell people. By that time we’ll hopefully have ruled out major issues and know the sex.

Is anyone planning to do any type of reveal? We won’t do a party or anything, but we’ll probably get some confetti canons for our toddler son to do with us in our backyard for our own private little reveal. Maybe video it or FaceTime with grandparents.

No, she just whispered "I'm guessing you're with child and keeping it in the hush?" I just gave her a blank stare, and she says, I'll take that as a yes. Lol it was so crazy.

We've only told our parents and my cousin, whose baby shower I just hosted. We were pregnant together 2 weeks apart and then I Mc, so she's been on this journey with me.

Ladies, I have to share because I'm excited and a bunch of my anxiety has been lifted. I've made it past my point of Mc last time. I am 7 weeks today, my first appt/scan is Thursday. That was one of my goals, just make it past that point, and I'll feel better. Now that I have, I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->