***November 2019 Babies!***

Good luck at your scans girls :) I feel a bit deflated now as there are no more booked scans for me, I have a few consultant appointments coming up and sometimes I get scanned sometimes I don't, I was going to book at 4D scan but OH said there's not much point, not much longer and baby will be here anyway! I guess he has a point lol! @Harmony16 love the video! I wasnt as creative as you, I just bunged up a scan picture on Instagram and that was that hahaha!

@Harmony16 beautiful video, it brought a tear to my eye. So glad your prayers have been answered and you've been blessed with a precious baby.

It's my 20 week scan today and I can't wait. My mum is coming with us too since it's her first grandchild and she's so excited.
Good luck to everyone else with their scans. Looking forward to seeing some photos soon

@Jft1 omg good luck at your scan my love! Cant wait to see some pictures!! So excited for you <3

I'm going to have my little daily rant here instead of posting a new thread as I usually do but I AM ANNOYED!!! I've recently been suffering with insomnia, the heat and being uncomfortable doesn't help, but last night I had the best night sleep of my life, only to awake at 4am and neighbours started work on their kitchen at 6am and I'm sure their doing it themselves, they started work at 6am and all I could hear was banging and drilling, this isn't even allowed and I should have got the police or environmental health involved, whoever deals with it I'm not sure, my heads banging now as their kitchen is right on the opposite wall to our kitchen... bad mood today now, feel like walking in there and shoving that drill up their.......

Last edited:
Here's my 20 week scan photo. Baby wasn't being cooperative and decide to like face down the full time, so we couldn't get all the measurements we needed. The ones she did take were perfect and the kidneys, spine etc seem to be perfectly formed. Need to go back in two weeks for a better look at the heart, but other than that I'm so happy it all went well. Just wish we could have got better photos!

40E7A0B1-CC10-42CC-8C0D-83BF21A7A2FD.jpeg

Stubborn like my little man! Haha glad all went well chick! Been thinking of you. I'm also taking a guess at boy :) <3

Thank you ladies!

HLx, I would definitely call they city on them, that's an ordinance violation, at least for my city it is, people can't begin working until 8am. Just know that if you call they city and they determine that they don't have a permit to do the work, your neighbors could be fined, and they'll be maaaaddd at you! But screw them.

Wonderful scan, Jft1, I had mine today as well, she was very active and dancing around, we did get all the measurement, and the tech even got a 3D for us, it really the only good photo we got!

FE3449CD-93CB-4F25-9924-DE57C4F2A1FC.jpeg

@Harmony16 aw that's a beautiful picture. So glad she's doing well. She looks so girly in it. When I compare yours to mine, I definitely think mine is boyish!

@Harmony16 aw that's a beautiful picture. So glad she's doing well. She looks so girly in it. When I compare yours to mine, I definitely think mine is boyish!
Thank you, I can already tell she looks like her daddy, his nose and all.

I went back and looked at your other scan on page 9, and I'm with you, I'm thinking boy. Did you have a preference? (Apologies if you've already said and I missed).

Thank you, I can already tell she looks like her daddy, his nose and all.

I went back and looked at your other scan on page 9, and I'm with you, I'm thinking boy. Did you have a preference? (Apologies if you've already said and I missed).
Aw that's so cute. I think this one is like their daddy, their limbs looked really long, a bit like my DH! Nope, no preference. It's our first so we'll be over the moon with either as long as they're healthy

Aw that's so cute. I think this one is like their daddy, their limbs looked really long, a bit like my DH! Nope, no preference. It's our first so we'll be over the moon with either as long as they're healthy

Aww, it's out first too, I'm so excited. I wanted to be team yellow in the beginning, but that didn't last long at all, I was just to excited! Lol you are strong girly!

Aww love the video and the 3D, Harmony. She’s adorable!

Sorry baby wasn’t being cooperative JFY but yay for going back for another look.

Our scan went well. He was a wiggle worm but mostly cooperative. Lots of yawning, stretching fingers and toes, and trying to suck on his fingers. In one of the pics you see his little thigh smushed up ready to kick me, and he did. LOL. He’s right on track, they got all the measurements they need, and there weren’t any concerns with him or me. ❤️ Placenta toward my spine so that’s why I can feel every little wiggle, there’s nothing between him and my abdominal wall. So that’s nice!

B71F2A8D-61A9-4D35-A2A1-FA52D416E62D.jpeg 5C5C0464-6BC7-4960-BA91-3FDEC21539B5.jpeg

Aww love the video and the 3D, Harmony. She’s adorable!

Sorry baby wasn’t being cooperative JFY but yay for going back for another look.

Our scan went well. He was a wiggle worm but mostly cooperative. Lots of yawning, stretching fingers and toes, and trying to suck on his fingers. In one of the pics you see his little thigh smushed up ready to kick me, and he did. LOL. He’s right on track, they got all the measurements they need, and there weren’t any concerns with him or me. ❤️ Placenta toward my spine so that’s why I can feel every little wiggle, there’s nothing between him and my abdominal wall. So that’s nice!

View attachment 1063241 View attachment 1063242
Thanks Miss doc! And I'm glad your scan went well! Those are very clear pics, our regular pics didn't look good at all, 3d one was the only good one. So funny that he kicked you during the scan, my girl kicked a couple times while the tech was trying to get still shots, it was funny because she would not be still lol!

Last edited:
Yay! Great updates. Harmony that video was so sweet. Jft great job staying team yellow on your first! Miss Doc so cool you can feel every movement!

Hlx I would so be complaining! Last Friday night we had neighbors down the street bumping our house with the music. Luckily someone else called the city on them and cops came and all lol

Wonderful scans ladies! :)

Oh I know I was tempted but couldn't be bothered for the nonsense, they've seems to finish the work now thankfully so I managed to sleep hahaha! Bit of a rushed message this morning before the school run but I'll have a read through your messages when I'm home and reply properly <3

@Harmony16 - that's such a beautiful pic, her cute little nose! I really want a 4D scan done but OH said there's not much point but... I WANT TO SEE HIS FACE THOUGHHHHH *sulks* hahaha! We did get a glimpse in 4D at our 16 weeks gender scan, but little man had his head buried in my placenta using it as a pillow so we didn't get to see him! Only his little man parts lol!!!

@MissDoc - the scan photos are so clear! I've always had such rubbish scan pictures but my 20 week scan with this baby was absolutely amazing just like yours, could see everything including his huge foot Haha! I'm pretty sure I posted it on here I cant remember! My placenta is toward my spine too! So I feel everything! OH had his hand on my bump last night and his hand was jumping about the place! He said oh babe I really feel for you that feels so uncomfortable! It actually is! Even worse when baby boy is using my bladder as a punch bag! I had to go to the toilet twice in about 20 minutes last night, I was also getting that scratchy lightning crotch feeling in my cervix too, didn't think that was possible this early, can baby go in and out of your pelvis if you've had a few babies?? I thought that was just a 3rd tri thing when baby drops down? If anyone knows the answer to this please let me know! He seems higher today now with kicks and movements around my belly button area and just a bit lower

@Jft1 - I think your the only person I talk to on here that is actually staying team yellow! Good on you girl! But I'm probably more excited about the birth of your baby to know what the gender is than I am of my own birth right now hahahaha! I still think your having a little handsome spanish man though ;)

@dogmommy - Theyve finally stopped the work now, 6am mind what a time to be drilling and banging! They don't want to be doing that closer to my due date, I'll be in that house with my own power tools threatening things I probably shouldn't hahaha!!

I think that's me caught up! Is anyone else having scans soon? How is everyone feeling? Has anyone decided on any names yet? <3

Last edited:
@HLx I definitely think it's a little boy too!! But I can't wait for the surprise.
I'm so jealous of much movement you're feeling. I'm still only getting little flutters and obviously DH won't be able to feel anything.
Anyone else having their first and still not feeling much?

I've had the worst cramps in my legs. Waking me up at least twice a night. I was told to try more fluid which I did and it didn't help. I tried a cushion under my feet last night and it helped a bit, but still getting cramps. It's like my calf muscle totally spasms and the pain is terrible. It's still sore when I get up in the morning. Anyone else have this or have any suggestions?

It took me a while to feel baby with my first too jft. If you have an anterior placenta, it just takes longer. I was also team yellow with my first and I loved it so much. DH got to decide this time, but I kinda like I got to experience it both ways.

We have a name. DH hasn’t fully committed, but I’m 100% so fx he stops fence sitting soon! We landed on Callan Everett the other night and it just feels like such a good fit.

@Jft1 oh it's so normal with your first hun! I didn't feel the big kicks and movement until much much later! But it will happen! Between 17 and 20 weeks with my second I was only feeling little bubbly flutters so I'm pretty surprised at the full on kicks I've been getting since 17 weeks! Wont be long and baby will be kicking your hubby in the back at night hahaha! I've heard leg cramps are really common hun, and I cant remember what I read that helps them! Ask your midwife I would hun, I hope your okay!

@Lesonemavie - that's such a cute name!!! We have a first name and obviously babys surname, but no middle name, all the names I've picked out OH says baby sound like a mafia boss Haha!! I wanted to use OH first name as babys middle name but he wont have any it! I'll have my own eat, I think he needs his daddy's name as his middle name, it's a mouthful, but it goes! Its Enzo João da Silva, I hope I don't use his full name when telling him off I'll be stuttering all over the place Haha!

Oh I missed the bit about leg cramps! I had those with my first as well. Get some compression socks and see if those help. I’d use them regularly and put them on whenever I’d cramp up and they helped a ton.

Hlx - I think that’s so sweet using his name for a middle, and that flows so well. We used a family name for a middle with my daughter and it means a lot. We tried to use one this time as well but my SIL already used it. My kids will all have mouthfuls for full names. I didn’t change my last name so we agreed the kids will have both last names. I typically just say my daughter’s first and middle when I’m trying to be more serious or get her attention.

Last edited:
@lesondemavie - he thinks it doesn't go at all! He really dislikes his first name and hes being all stubborn about it now saying baby doesn't need a middle name, well I'm sorry he has two bloodu middle names and his name is like a tongue twister!!! Hahaha I like to use middle names, me my mum and my daughter all have the middle name louise, and my sons middle name is after his dad, so I want the same for this baby, but OH hates it! The only one he likes was Enzo Gabriel, and I said no to that one quite early on, now all the names I suggest hes completely NO to them all hahaha men are so stubborn!!!!! I said no because it sounds like angel gabriel, and I'm not religious at all and the only other one I liked was Enzo Valentino and OH said definitely not he sounds like an italian mafia boss, and the baby is not even italian... buttttt OH picked Enzo himself, which is an italian name, not portuguese in the slightest! Hes just being an ass :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->