Spring/Summer IUI support thread

Those are very positive. Can't wait to see the digi!! Congrats!!

Lyndsm82 - those are soooo positive!! Tentative congratulations to you :happydance:

Aayla - I'm high risk for pregnancy so I'm not sure if I could carry twins successfully... but would be so cute if I could.

Lyndsm82: clearly positive!

My blood work came back and apparently I already ovulated, so I couldn't get my second IUI.

The OPKs have worked for me for 13 months, and this month they didn't pick up the surge even though it was the same brand. I was testing twice a day also and still missed it.

I am so annoyed. I do everything I am suppose to and still, nothing. This was a completely wasted month. All the side affects of Clomid for nothing.

This whole time I've had realistic expectations about IUI's-the success rates are not great so I have intentions of going into IVF. My insurance requires 3 rounds of IUi's before they cover IVF. So now it's all pushed back a month.

My next cycle will be monitored.

I really wish I could just move straight to IVF

That's what I'm thinking too!! I just can't believe it! Thanks for your 2nd set of eyes November Rayne and KBP!

KBP, sorry to hear about this month being out! That's very annoying with how much you tracked everything! I was monitored all this month and the docs were dead on when I was ovulating. Scheduled me quickly for the IUI. It was hard to put it all into their hands to track me but it was amazing to see everything progress!

KBP: I understand your frustration. I am so afraid of this happening to me as I don't get a surge until the day of ovulation if I am lucky to detect it at all. I'm not being monitored and they want to rely on opk's but after the miscarriage they just haven't been reliable. The only thankful thing is that I know about when I will ovulate.
I know it sucks to have to wait out a cycle, at least you will be monitored for the next one.

I am confused about one thing..why do you think the chances are so low? My doc told me it doubles our chances compared to timed intercourse.

Lyndsm82: congrats on that line! Have you done a digi?

I did the trigger last night. I still can't believe I gave myself an injection. I'm proud of myself, I thought I was going to chicken out and have my husband do it lol. Strangely, I feel nothing. Not one twinge... Nothing. I'm worried that I may have ovulated already. First iui scheduled in a few hours. I'm so nervous that I may have ovulated already that I barely slept last night. With 3 mature follicles wouldn't I have felt the ovulating? So frustrating....

Ayala- that is interesting, my RE told me that it only ups your chances allure compared to timed intercourse. I forgot the exact numbers, but it was between 15 and 20% chance with IUI.

KBP- sorry to hear you missed the IUI window 😔

Lindsm83 - have you had any darker lines or done a digi yet?

HappyFishie - congrats on 1st IUI, how did it go? I never know when ovulation happens I'm not that tuned in, but I'm sure all was fine.. Good luck for the TWW

I get my Progesterone tests back tomorrow morning.. last hurdle to clear in order to find out if we are finally cleared for IUI #1 this month.. wish me luck xx

November: thank you, it went ok. DH post wash was extremely low. It was a little disappointing, but the RE was reassuring and said they like to see it a little higher but it only takes one. Anything could happen. Second IUI tomorrow and then the waiting begins....

Wellllll it's positive!!:happydance: I go for blood work with the Fert doc tomorrow. What exactly are they looking for in the blood? HcG obviously but I guess if it's too low? First pregnancy so I have no clue what to expect lol
Thank you for all of your kind words!! So excited

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2
Happyfish- I'm sorry about DH's count :hugs: your re is definitely right though only need one! I think doing back to back IUI's is helpful as well :flower:

Lynds that is so wonderful!!!! The number you get tomorrow won't hold much weight. What they are looking for is for the number to double in 48 hours so it's the second blood that will mean more than the first :flower:

Lynds: OOOh Congrats. Nothing like the digi!

Happy: Sorry to hear about DH's count but like she said, it only takes one. And the IUI will put what is there up where they need to be so they don't have very far to swim. only 14 days to go to find out if it worked!! EEek.

AFM: Day 1 off the provera and I am already feeling cramps. Super excited about that which means af is coming soon. It's always weird to want af to come.

Hey ladies..

I've just had the super news that my blood test confirmed ovulation. :happydance:

I had levels of 37 (you need levels of more than 30 in the UK) so we've now officially got the green light to have our first ever IUI later this month (providing I don't have another cyst!!)

After all these months of bad news it's so nice to finally have a reason to be excited..

Bloodwork came back great, it's official!!

NovemberRayne, that's so exciting you're ready for the IUI! I hope you can begin to relax and look forward to more and more good news!

Lyndsm82 - yaayy for you!! Congratulations :happydance:

I still can't get my head around the fact that after AF shows we'll be actually going for it.. wow!

Second IUI today. Numbers were slightly higher post wash today. That made me very happy. Terrible terrible ovulation pain today. Hurts to walk. RE said I could take a Tylenol and it should subside tomorrow. I'm trying to Think positive thoughts and just sit relaxed. Did anyone test out the trigger or wait it out into the beta?

Lynds: congrats!

November: that is so great that you ovulated!! Can't wait to hear you got a bfp next cycle!! How long until af is due? This will be the one cycle you hope she comes as soon as possible. :haha:

Happy: I have never triggered but many on the forum have and it varies. Some want to know exactly when the hcg is gone. Some think it is a waste of money to use tests when you know it isn't really positive.

Aayla- haha yeah I realllly want AF to come. I usually have 27 day cycles.. but I think the tamoxifen has lengthened it a bit as I ov'd around CD18.. I'm on CD28 so she should be here any day now!!! I picked up a few cycles worth of meds yesterday so I'm ready and waiting for AF now :coffee:

November that is wonderful news!!

Happy that is great that the numbers were better! I test the trigger out. I think if you have the willpower to wait the two weeks there is no reason to test it out. But.....knowing myself.....I have zero willpower so I like to test mine out so I know when I can trust a line to be a true positive. On one hand it feels like a waste of tests but at the same time I got 25 test strips for $11 so I'm not out much.

Okay so my trigger is pretty much gone, got the faintest of faint lines this morning like can only barely see it in person not even in a picture really. So happy I can obsess over lines now :haha: I am trying not be optimistic because I don't want a huge let down but it is proving hard. My chart is doing things it has never done before like the fallback rise and possibly an implantation dip today. And all my symptoms are gone. When I was pregnant with DS it was the one month that I thought for sure I wasn't pregnant because I had zero symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->