Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

I'm doing a little better. Still dealing with some grief. It doesn't help that they said I couldn't try again for 3 months bc of the shot. That was the nurses, though. I'm going to confirm that with the RE.

I had an U/S to look for PCOS. I've never heard of a blood sugar test to diagnose it.

AFM, I'm 9 DPO. Chart looks great (as ever), however I am getting :bfn:
I try so hard to remain positive, but having been trying now for 12 months, I am slowly losing the plot. We're going away this weekend - AF is due then. If this is another :bfn: or a :angel: cycle, we're going to go back to NTNP with the view of having a surrogate early next year with any luck.

We both physically can not go through this much longer. We are both deeply distressed.

For PCOS they should do - day 3 hormone (Lh/FSH/testosterone), an ultrasound to look for physical signs, a symptom check list and a glucose tolerance test. That GTT is because PCOS is often linked to insulin resistance, but you can have PCOS without having blood glucose issues. They only generally test if they're thinking about treating with metformin. (as an aside, I took metformin for 6 months as my GP prescribed it after incorrectly diagnosing PCOS. He didn't do a GTT and it turned out I am not insulin resistant. It made me quite ill and hypoglycaemic. So don't ever accept a metformin prescription without a GTT first.)
You don't have to have all of the symptoms or positives on all of the tests for it to be PCOS. Generally you need the hormone inbalance - A ratio of FSH:LH where LH is twice or more that of FSH is indicative of PCOS. Then there's the cysts - some ladies have PCOS and don't have cysts. Generally it's the hormones that they look for and the glucose test is more of a secondary test before they consider treatment options.

Angela did they use methotrexate? The reason they say not to try for three months is that it completey depletes the body's stores of folic acid, so it's important to build up those stores again before attempting trying, as no folic acid can be very dangerous for an embryo as they rely on it for developing neural tube etc etc

Yes. They did use MTX. I understand why they want me to wait 3 months and I will if that's what the doctor says. I am going to ask about whether there is another option, though (prescription strength folic acid supplements or something).

Definitely do ask all the questions you need to, but if there's no option I hope the next three months go fast for you xx

Yes, it definitely doesn't hurt to ask about options! My doc was originally going to make me wait two cycles, but during the first one he changed his mind so I got to try again this second cycle.

So, I just got a metabolic panel back. My glucose was pretty high. I guess that's why they decided to do the hemoglobin A1C to check my blood sugars over the past 3 month. I hope I don't have diabetes. Now, I'm incredibly anxious to get the results (hopefully today).

Lost I saw on another thread that you're taking some time away from the forums. Many hugs to you. I've been trying for my first for over a year, and it does get so heartbreaking. Hoping some time away will help. Enjoy your vacation!

Lost I saw on another thread that you're taking some time away from the forums. Many hugs to you. I've been trying for my first for over a year, and it does get so heartbreaking. Hoping some time away will help. Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you. :flower:

My test level was within normal range. So, they aren't concerned about diabetes!

I started progesterone tonight. That means sore boobs and bloating. Bring it on!

Hi ladies, I'm still following just not always posting :hugs:

Sending you guys lots of :dust: and hoping your BFP's will all be here soon!

I have 50 ICs at my house just waiting to be used!

Tomorrow I'll start testing out the trigger shot. Fx!

Good luck Michelle!

AFM, I started another cycle. We're now NTNP.
However, I did spend all last night in hospital (The A and E department). Finally got out at 1am and breathed a sigh of relief. They were on about admitting me and sending me to a gyne ward.

I'm home now though, exhausted, in pain but I'm home. Had a few hours sleep before baby and the rest of the family woke up. Have to go out this evening and run a few errands and I'm not even sure how, We're all exhausted after last night.

Good luck Michelle!

AFM, I started another cycle. We're now NTNP.
However, I did spend all last night in hospital (The A and E department). Finally got out at 1am and breathed a sigh of relief. They were on about admitting me and sending me to a gyne ward.

I'm home now though, exhausted, in pain but I'm home. Had a few hours sleep before baby and the rest of the family woke up. Have to go out this evening and run a few errands and I'm not even sure how, We're all exhausted after last night.

Oh wow! I hope you start feeling better soon. How scary! What caused that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->