Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

sorry most of my posts have been all about me and so long lately girls. :hugs: i don't know what i'd do without my ding dongs. this is so stressful :cry: what we want seems like such a simple thing, you know? we just want to have a baby. soon we'll be at that dreaded "one year trying" mark. :cry: ugh. yesterday dh was so sick of the whole mess (poor baby, it was so difficult on him...on us both, but mostly for him yesterday) that he just wanted to ask the doctor about starting iui's right away. i told him the doc is going to make us go through all this process with the testing first. now i'm just hoping that we have enough sperm to even do iui come may with the SA. if not, our insurance won't cover ivf. :cry: oh, and i ovulated yesterday, i'm sure of it. had a thermal shift this morning (chart stalkers, you can see :winkwink:). so i guess that's good in one way b/c it means bd timing was good. BUT it also means we only got one good attempt with good sperm the day before i ov'd, since yesterday appears to have been a total bust after all that effort and trying :wacko::cry: my opk was positive yesterday, so i thought maybe i would ov today, and dh was willing to try to bd again later tonight (he's been so sweet and cooperative), but i don't see the point now. if i've already had my thermal shift then i ov'd yesterday so the egg wouldn't be good by tonight anyway, and i can't ask dh to try again this morning...not after that whole debacle yesterday. :dohh: ivf is so expensive.

:hugs: :hugs: that's what we are here for hunny, post as long as you want :hugs:

:hugs: thank you damita. yeah, post-coital isn't done as often anymore. i was a little surprised when the doc said she wanted to do it, but i guess the value was to see if my cm was hostile to his sperm. since she couldn't see any sperm, there wasn't much point to it, but i guess she was able to see that there wasn't anything in my cm to make it a bad environment for the sperm anyway :shrug: whatever, i'm just glad it's over. :wacko:

How can they tell do they just look up you and say oh that's cm is okay or do they use a mircoscope? Well that's got to be a plus sign that your cm is okay hunny :hugs:

awww pk, dont be embarrased with us, i totally get why you said dh found it hard to perform now..didnt really get what the post coital testing was, i think it sounds like the :spermy: escaped/fell out...wishing you lost of luck that your :sex: the other day has done the trick,:dust::dust: no more waiting until may id you get that :bfp: in a couple of weeks....FXFXFX:dust:fxfxfxfx...
:wave: damita x

she took a swab/sample from my cervix (i don't know how much) and then looked at it under the microscope. yeah, good news that cm is good. :hugs:

i guess i'm having a very short cycle for me this time too, since i ov'd yesterday. means it will be 26 days, and i have to call the doc back to reschedule those other tests. day "21" progesterone and the endometrial biopsy. the way they're scheduled now will be too late. i'll be in a new cycle and on af if no pg this time when i'm currently scheduled for the biopsy. i'll probably reschedule them tomorrow. give me one more day to be positive of my thermal shift, plus my doc doesn't work in the ofc on wed, she's at the hosp, so i'll call tomorrow.

I agree don't be embarrassed with us we talk about all kinds of embarrassing things. I def think that the sperm prob got lost from the bathroom to you. I think ideally the penis should be on the cervix when he ejaculates, so it probably never got close to your cervix. Sounds like the BD'ing the day before was good timing though so fingers crossed :dust:

:hugs: thanks coral :hugs: yeah i agree about placement of the penis and such, so i just hope that was why.

:wave::hi: ladies

BIG BIG :hug: to ya PK

Hiya:hi: Damita...missed you!!:flower:

:hi: MC and Coral:hugs:

asfm, I think I O'v last night....I didnt :sex: cause we had done it two nights in a row & DH was not really in the mood for it last night so I didn't want to push it...oh well:shrug:

very possible china about your ov :hugs: i totally undy what you mean too about not wanting to push it, but if you ov yesterday and bd'd the 2 nights before that, then i think you're right on with it :thumbup:

Sorry guys, been hopping on and off and haven't had a chance to post anything. Keep dozing off etc :haha: x

PK I really feel for you, its been quite an ordeal for you and DH hasn't it? Don't be embarrassed :hugs: Nothing is TMI during TTC and Pregnancy in the right company ie here! I agree with everything been said, sounds like those :spermy: just never made it to your cervix. Sending you masses of hugs :hugs: :hug: :hugs: x

China, yes looking like O yesterday, but don't worry. I am a firm believer that pre O :sex: is very effective x

Coral, hope you have a productive day on the housework, I am working my way up to it :haha: x

MC, I slept the same also, but at least I don't have a toddler to deal with in my sleep deprived state, hope you get some chill time this afternoon. x

Morning Damita! Nice to have you back. I saw on FB your aneamic again, have your tried Feroglobin liquid? Its pretty quick working and much easier to absorb than iron tabs. x

Hopes, really glad you were seen by a sympathetic doc, just hope you can get an appointment soon and find some relief! x

:wave: tink and china....raining here and have to go into town....:growlmad: best stop soon, not going if im gonna get wet!!!!!

Good afternoon all,

I've been lurking for days to see how you all are...

Congratulation SB, very happy for you and planning to follow you soon xx

PK, don't be embarrassed hunni, i'm afraid i'm gonna have to go through this with dh as well, i'll probably moan about it too. Hope you're well xx

China girl, fx for ov, good luck for the tww xx

Damita, glad to hear you had a good time up in Scotland but look after yourself i read you're not feeling well on fb. xx

Lupine, great wedding plan, hope you'll have a bump by then, you'd look gorgeous.

Phoebe, hope you're feeling better hunni, you were very down lately, cheer up and talk to us when you need to. ((hugs))

MC, you look beautiful, don't let ppl tell you otherwise, they just jealous i told ya! love ya xxxx

Hopes, thank god the doc was concerned so she takes your rash seriously, hope they'll sort it out for you xx

Poppy, hope family is better now after tummy bug, your icecream sounds delicious. MS kicked in properly yet? xxxx

MommyV, hope you are well xx

Coral, you must be lonely without dh, but you'll be following him soon, right? Hope you and bump okay xx

PJ, i've been thinking about you hunni, hope you're okay (((hugs)))

All other ding dongs, eesoja, DM, ladyb, Lew and TTC, hope you all are well.

asfm...still don't know about dh's SA result, its at the surgery but doc wants to have a word with me, so i have a tel app for next monday. Yes, another bloody week. Not being able to b'd as much b/c i work 6nights this week but whenever we can we have a quicky lol. I'm on cd12 and doing opk which are neg for now. fx wont be long.

Love to you all xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh and Jenn, i'm glad you had a nice time on Tenerife and sorry about you being upset about you sil's announcment. It's okay hunni, i'd feel the same way but our time will come soon. (((hugs))))

Criky, you really have had a massive wait for the SA results haven't you babydream? :hugs: Bet your shattered too, you work too hard honey, miss you here x

MC raining here also, rotten day! don't envy you having to go out in it x

I receive this emails from Proverbs 31 Ministries randomly, I just wanted to share this with you ladies.:hugs:

Losing Heart
24 Mar 2011
Marybeth Whalen
"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart."
2 Corinthians 4:1 (NIV)

In the mid 90's I chose 2 Corinthians 4:1 as my life verse. At the time, God was teaching me a big lesson about truly appreciating where He had me in life. As a mom of several small children I could often be found complaining about the mess, the noise, the lack of "me" time. I thought often about running away, pointing my car at the horizon and driving until the road ran out.

God began showing me that being a mom was about having a ministry to these little people He had given me. When I found this verse, I felt that it summed up in one line all that I needed to remember: It's only through His mercy that I have these children and—while I am in the midst of my ministry—I should not lose heart, as I was apt to do. I clung to this verse as a spiritual life rope.

Fast forward to the other day as I was doing my Bible study. My circumstances have changed, as circumstances do. I am no longer that young frantic mother. This time I was struggling with something else as I flipped past 2 Corinthians 4:1. My eyes fell to the notation I'd made years ago: "MY LIFE VERSE" it said in all caps. I re-read the familiar verse, but this time I applied my current situation to it.

Years later, I am just as quick to lose heart. I have a ministry that looks different from the one I had then. This one involves new challenges, new feelings of inadequacy. Yet I was reminded again that it is only through His mercy that I have this ministry. And in the midst of this ministry—even as I struggle with challenges and inadequacies—I should not lose heart.

What can we do when we are losing heart in the midst of the ministry God has given us, whatever it might be? I went to scripture and found some answers to this question:

Luke 18:1 tells us we should always pray and not give up.

2 Corinthians 4:16 tells us we should remember that we are being renewed inwardly day by day.

Galatians 6:9 tells us that we should focus on the harvest that will come if we do not give up.

Ephesians 3:12-13 tells us that we should find comfort in the amazing ability we have to approach God with freedom and confidence.

2 Thessalonians 3:13 tells us that we should just keep doing what is right.

And finally Hebrews 12:3 tells us that we should think about Jesus and what He endured on our behalf. Nothing we are going through will compare with that.

These verses help me to keep things in perspective when I lose heart and I hope they will help you, too. Whether you are a single woman caring for an elderly parent, a mom of young children, a professional in a tough job, a wife in a struggling marriage, or a woman chasing after her dreams, it's easy to lost heart from time to time. It's not whether we will, it's what we'll do about it when we do. Armed with these verses we can remember that God in His mercy gave us a ministry, and we can live out our callings without losing heart if we will only keep turning to Him.

Dear Lord, I know I am where You want me, that You gave me this ministry. And I know that You do not want me to lose heart but to persevere. Help me to remember to focus on You when I want to run away – to find my strength in You. Thank You for Your mercy. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->