Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

I don't do it often, but sometimes its best to keep quiet :rofl: He rarely asks anyhow. Anyhow, on that note I'm off off to bed. Might sleep, might not :rofl: x

i think the fibbing is just a common women thing :winkwink: i do it sometimes too :haha:

tink, i'm the same way with the emotional meltdowns and needing a few days to recover. it's a slow road back to feeling really good again, but we'll get there. my dh is the same way too, so it's like a double whammy between us :dohh: we'll get beyond it though...he did mention our plans for disney this afternoon, so at least i know he's not thinking about scrubbing it. :happydance:

puppy, awesome hotel!!! :thumbup: dh and i want to get to the UK one of these days.... for this weekend (we haven't made reservations...i don't think we'll need to, but i'll check online), we want to stay at the Polynesian Resort at Disney. We've stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort before with the kids, but we want to go a little nicer this time. Disney has like 3 or 4 "levels" of hotels to work with a lot of different budgets. The Coronado was FANTASTIC. we LOVED it, but dh has always wanted to do the Polynesian, so we're going to try to do that one this time. i'm really looking forward to it. we're just going to do 2 nights, so it shouldn't "break the bank" for us. :winkwink:

Will have to pick your brains PK - we want to take Laura to Disney but have NO IDEA lol x

Yeah id love to take korben but i think he's too young atm to appreciate it tho.

be glad to help! :flower:

poppy, we've always taken our kids from very young, and same with my nieces and nephews. you're right, they do understand/appreciate it more as they get older, but at the same time....like with the lo's in our family, they've grown up with all the disney stuff and cartoons, so even going as young as 2yo or so, they LOVE it. it gets better as they get a little older, but it's so fun to watch them get all excited about it when they're really little too :haha:

edited: i just gotta add too...disney is SO WORTH the money. it's not cheap, but no place does the atmosphere and the shows and just everything about it as good as Disney does. the whole experience is so fantastic, in spite of the heat and crowds :winkwink: my family and i really do think it is the "happiest place on earth" :happydance::haha:

I think what im saying is because its one of those ' once in a lifetime' holidays and granted its expensive i think maybe when he's about 5yrs and grown to love the Disney characters he'd apprieciate it more.

Think when you already live over there its maybe a holiday you can take once every two years or if your lucky once a year. I priced it up once for a family of 5 staying in International Drive room only and it was £3,000 which would of taken all year to save plus pocket money lol

yeah, i totally get what you're saying poppy :hugs: it is very expensive to plan a vaca of that sort. the pocket money adds up REALLY quickly too. and you're right...korben will love it by the time he's 5. :flower: it is different, easier when you live here. when i was a kid, we used to go just for the day 2-3 times a year. no point in staying overnight when you live 30 minutes away :haha: plus, we had friends who worked there and could get several of us in for free. (my grandmother also worked there for many years)... that made a huge difference. as an adult, i've tried to take my kids at least once/year like you said, but a few years ago we started buying passes. they have FL resident discount passes (i get "annual" passes for me and dh b/c there are no date restrictions and you don't have to pay for parking that way, and "seasonal" passes for the kiddos--those have block-out dates: 2 weeks for Spring break, 2 months during summer, and 2 weeks at Christmas/New Years-- that's always fine with us though, b/c disney is always most crowded during those times, and we love going to the beach in the summer anyway :winkwink:) and then if you have the passes, you are eligible for discounts on the hotels and such. that's how we were able to do the resort a couple of years ago. that was the first time i've ever stayed at a disney hotel in my whole life!! (even though i've been to the parks MANY times) and then they do this "play 4 days" pass which is a HUGE discount for FL residents and you get 4 days worth of tickets for really cheap, but that's only at the beginning of the year, and they're only good through May. anyway, i'm just blabbering on again about nothing really. it's been a real blessing to be able to take advantage of it as much as we have. that's why we miss it so much, and i really hope we can do it again.

i called to check on rates...i knew the polynesian would be expensive. it's one of their "deluxe" resorts, but it's more expensive than i was expecting, even with the passholder discount, so i don't know if we'll do it or not :sad1: we'll see what dh says about it. i suppose we could get the passes and stay somewhere cheaper, but we were both really looking forward to this hotel...one of those things where you grow up riding past it every time you go and wish to be there. ehhh....we'll see....fxxx....

Morning Ding Dongs!

Well thanks for the sleep wishes Poppy, I did actually get a few hours. At about 2am I was so fed up I was in meltdown and ended up doing one of them ridiculous pleding prayers. You know the type " Dear God, Please Please please please please I beg you, let me go to sleep, I can't take annnnny mooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeee *falls on knees begging beside bed* :cry: :rofl:" and just like that, off to sleep I went (after getting back on the bed) :haha: must have took pity cause it was pretty instant.

So my birthday energy is a little better than expected :happydance: DH is coming home in a min to make me breakfast, full english..... mmmmmmmmm x

PK, hope your plans do happen, and you both get over the emotional trauma in time to enjoy your weekend. I hope you both manage to afford the hotel you had your heart set on, be lovely for you both x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINKERBELL!!
:happydance::happydance::yipee::yipee::yipee::rofl::rofl::rofl::friends::friends::headspin::headspin::headspin::drunk::drunk::drunk::juggle::juggle::juggle::fool::fool::wohoo::wohoo::flasher::flasher::lolly::lolly::rain::rain::bunny::bunny::cake::cake::cake:

Also big :hugs: for yesterday, it must be very frustrating not being able to get around like you want to. Sounds like you have lots of goodies coming today so that will cheer you up!
I have been very emotional lately also. I was so pissed off last night. I was at karate with the kids, and Ryan has been going for almost 2 years now and going for his brown belt soon. Anyway the sensei asked him to do something is japenese and he wasn't sure which move it was and looked petrified(his only 7!) anyway the sensei made him do pushups after they had been runnning constantly for 15 minutes and doing other exercises. I didn't say anything at first but he let him carry on for like 5 or so minute. I could see Ryan was tearing up and was sweating and bright red! I mean he wasn't being naughty he just didn't understand what he wanted him to do. I felt so bad for him and just wanted to cuddle him. Anyway I piped up and said "I think he's done enough now!!" anyway got into a bit of an argument. He didn't back down but we will see if he thinks about what he is doing. I know karate is about discipline but what did he learn from that? I even said to him that he still doesnt know what you wanted him to do, you never showed him!:growlmad::growlmad: wanted to punch him!! I told Ryan we will keep going but if this sort of thing happens again he doesn't have to go if he doesn't want to. So anyway DH is away for a few days and I phoned to tell him and I burst into tears, then I couldn't stop! :dohh:

Anyway sorry to ramble for so long.

Happy 33 weeks Tink, not long now!:happydance:

Talking of Disney, I went when I was 9 or 10 and loved it. Then in 2006 I drove there with DH, my Dad and the kids. Chloe was 5 and Ryan was 2. They had fun but we picked the wrong time to go in July! too too hot. We went to Disney and Universal and I preferred Universal. We never stayed in the resort, we stayed in a hotel down the road to save some $$
PK have a great time would be lovely to stay in the "deluxe" resort sounds heavenly!

Thanks Coralista! :hugs:

I totally why you would be upset over what happened, that's so silly. And like you said, what did it achieve? He never even learnt what was being asked of him :growlmad: As for the crying, I was the same yesterday, couldn't stop. Stooooooooooooopid preggo hormones :haha: make everything worse don't they? big fat juicy hugs :hug: :hugs: :hug: x

hey

PC I tried out the Oyster and Mckenzie does't sit well in yet.

Tink I have a tutti bambini classico the shop where we brought it doesn't stock them anymore

Going to have a look at the Bebe Confort Loola pushchair as they are parent facing and folds really small

Enjoy your breakfast Tink, and glad you got a few hours kip.

Back to what happened with Ryan, it happened once before a couple of months ago and I let it go. If this is a regular thing then I wont send him anymore. Not worth it

I remeber going gymnastics as a little girl. I was scared to do a roll over the bars, so the teacher made me sit in the splits until my dad came to pick me up...

I never went back, disgusting really. If someone had helped me overcome my fear I would have come away with a big grin and a confidence boost. Instead I went away mortified, and felt useless. No excuse for teachers being like that, discipline has to be for a purpose, a lesson learnt. What did Ryan learn from that? be scared of the teacher cause they might humiliate you when you don't understand.... :growlmad: x

Morning sleeping bubs! Yes try out lots, don't let that experience the otherday put you off. Its a big investment and McKenzie is not just a normal toddler, he's a weaker, smaller toddler who's needs are important. I was gonna suggest the Oyster too, looks good but I see you have tried that. x

Thanks Tink, my thoughts exactly. You are so vulnerable as a child and I remember that scared humiliated feelings with teachers etc. It doesn't help the kids at all, just puts fear into them! I bet you'd like to find that gymnastics teacher now and give her a good slap! :rofl:

Oh yes Coralista, that nasty teacher would get what was coming that's for sure :haha: while I'm at it I'll hop over to Ryan's karate teacher and give him the wrath of a hormonal preggo woman, come too, he won't know what's hit him :rofl: x

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINK​
:cake::muaha::dance::plane::bodyb::yipee::yipee::friends::friends::serenade::headspin::juggle::juggle::fool::fool::tease::wine::wine::wohoo::wohoo::loopy::rain: Hope you a fab day xxxxx

Coral next time he does that the Ryan deck him :growlmad: hope your ok :hugs:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINKERBELL XXXXX
Hope u have a lovely day sweety and get spoilt rotten xxxxx
:happydance::happydance::happydance::flower::flower::flower::kiss::kiss::kiss::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::drunk::drunk::wohoo::wohoo::wine::yipee::yipee::yipee::cake::cake::cake:

Sorry for the absence again chickitas, i do hope all is well. life has been a mare here, traipsing to and fro up the hospital. My grandad got admitted last weds. Its been pretty horrific TBH espec on top of the hectic-ness of the iminent arrival lol. But i do hope u are all well and happy. Big fat hugs to all, i know i keep saying i will get on here properly soon. but i will as soon as i can. Love u all heaps xxxxxx:kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->