Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Poppy- glad you asked that cause I was wondering the same! We have our own lady bits but still seems foreign to me with all these creams and wipes and such!!!

Tink- colors I did were a bit different for nursery. We painted the walls a pretty aqua blue, and have all pink accessories. I found 2 dressers for super cheap at a thrift shop and had OH paint them...one is a pale grey and one is a pale pink. Going for a shabby chic super girly look :)
I LOVE LOVE decorating- been working on our house for 2 years now....so doing a girly room was my heaven. Now if the darn crib would come in already, I could take some proper pix!!

Coral- your stroller and bag are pretty :) I didn't even think to use the diaper bag for the hospital- duh me!!!

Tink think im just gonna be stressing its like having a first baby all over again :haha:

Yeah i think boys soooooooooooooooo much easier.

Coral, nice pram/stroller. I really like the pattern. I couldn't view the diapaer bag, but I know its pretty:flower:

hey girls,

poppy yes just wipe front to back and you only need to wipe inside when they poo. Even though I had Chloe 10 years ago! EEK, I used to work at a day care changed plenty of girl and boy babies. Not much to it. I agree only use cream on the outside also. I'm probably going to use wipes from day one. When I had Ryan, it was much harder than Chloe because he was circumsized(quite standard in the US) OUCH! so it was so fiddly changing him at first as you have to gloop lots of vaseline onto his sore little wee wee :( I felt terrible everytime I changed him. I'm glad I'm having a girl or DH would want a baby boy snipped I would imagine :(

Yes two of my boys got circumsized same day for medical reasons tho they were only really young, but their foreskins were too tight.

Lew thanks for letting me ask that question :rofl::rofl:

Boys tend to wee more when you remove nappy! lol

Just sitting here stroking Jeff! :haha:

they say you can use wipes from day one now dont they, the health visitor did after i had connor, she says they make them mild enough to use from birth, i dont think i used cotton wool on connors bum once, but i remember the cotton wool and warm water with chloe, especially after a poop...what a situation...

MC i had a bad experience with korben in the 1st week when i bathed him, i used Johnsons moistoriser and it burnt his back and stomach he was screaming and i cried with him felt so guilty, so im scared to use anything but warm water and Olive Oil in the first month now. :shrug:

I'll be using cotton wool n water for a little while, I have sensitive wipes for extra dirty nappies :haha:

So I remembered right then Coral? my word, I'm getting stressed out over it too. I'll be asking the midwife to show me just to refresh my memory at this rate :rofl: x

I have always used wipes except when the boys had a rash. They have so many diffrent products now its unbelievable. I would suggest unsented everything; wash, wipes just to be on the safe side.

oh Lew remember you wont need the diapers wipes etc as the hospital give you all that stuff, so you wont need much for the baby in the hospital, more for yourself.

Coral your lucky then, when i had korben they supplied you with just milk and nappies. Not sure if they stilll supply milk tho now so buying a box of 12 ready made cow&gate bottles online from mothercare.

Heres the link if anyone not BF and using same formula https://www.mothercare.com/Cow-Gate-Starter-Pack/dp/B004SB6ZF6

poppy I didnt think they supplied nappies here? I think some hospitals supply milk and some not although I would imagine they all must have some?:shrug:

With what i read they wasnt supplying milk in yorkshire and somewhere else, but would have emergency stocks in for mothers who struggled breast feeding.. the thread was somewhere in 2nd Tri last week. Im going to ask my hospital next time im up.

:wave:
Hopes :hugs: they should tell you things like that before hand & love your bump pic on FB :)
MommyV Nice to see you on here and to hear you have felt bubba move, I’m guessing :pink: for you also :thumbup: are you finding out the sex?
Poppy Love the name Serenity Rose its lovely :thumbup: will definitely fit with your boys names :) how is OH coming round to it? :happydance: for the pink things accidently falling in your basket :D aww!
Tink :happydance: for nursery getting finished :D
Coral & Tink Sorry to hear you had rubbish sleep :hugs:
Puppycat Hope laura is feeling better soon :hugs: glad its not chicken pox :thumbup:
Caz :happydance: for O bd’ing & + OPK :D really hope you catch that egg!
China :happydance: for how your charts looking and cravings :winkwink:
Lew Hope your crib turns up soon & I can’t wait to see pics your nursery sounds lovely :thumbup:
Coral Can’t wait to see nursery pics :D Love your changing bag & pram :thumbup: very pretty :)

AFM- had to worm/ frontline all kittens and dogs today, was fun :haha: have a lot of very annoyed animals now :haha: trying to get tablets down a cats throat is not fun I have the war wounds to prove it and to frontline them (flea treatment) one of the dogs and my 2 kitten hid under the bed so had to try to catch them first :haha: they are getting smart when they see the bottle… wish they did yearly cover it’s a nightmare doing it every 3 month especially when you got 3 dogs and 3 kittens to do :dohh:
Dexter is so cute he has started whimpering and sobbing in his sleep and it’s the most adorable thing, I think he is going to be a sleep talker :cloud9:
Got some kitten pictures finally just gotta get some of dexter then will upload them at the same time :thumbup: he usually comes up before a bath for a while every day so will get one then :)

xxxxx

This is the article https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/new...hospital_halts_free_milk_for_babies_1_3438207

Ahh so bottle fed babies make fat adults - my mum breast fed me for 6 months and I'm obese - go figure.

Puppycat i think thats a load of bollox :haha: i think they try to put the fear of god into you if you choose not to BF especially younger mothers, personal choice and my boys are healthy n bottle fed :shrug:

thanks for the info pops. i am going to really try to BF but will take a carton of milk and a bottle just in case :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->