Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

WHOA! get you Phoebe, you can hold the title of Miss Mega Bump my dear!!! Your cooking that sprog good :) I am going against the grain, I say you have a girly in there :winkwink: Glad your trace was nice and healthy, and you can come join the rest of us DD's in RnR okeys? Now plant ya botty down and get DH to wait on you :haha: massive hugs for the pain :hugs: I am taking co-codamol. I am trying very very hard to reduce it, but average 60mg codine per day, max 120mg. I have been told this will be fine, although I would leave it off the day of your induction. Some women are on pethodine or morphine for the pain at our stage, which is far worse. Just mention when you deliver what time you last had a dose. They even give co-codamol as early pain relief in labour so it can't be all that bad? :hugs: x

phoebe loving the bump pics sweetie :hugs: especially the one looking down :haha: tend to forget that you lose sight of your feet there at the end :haha: too cute!!

awww...yay for bump pick Phoebe!! I still say boy for you!!!!!

Thanks Tink- I am really going to put my all into breastfeeding....my friend said the same thing- its easier to get up and just go right to the baby and BF than to mess with bottles and such.... do you wake the baby up on a schedule or let her wake you up when she is ready?? I have heard both, so I am confused.

I am taking over 5 months off from work with this baby, so the BF will help save us some money too - OH and I bring in about the same salary, so income will be cut if half for the rest of the year.....(we don't get much in the way of maternity pay over here in US- I get 6 weeks of 66% pay).
Scared to looking more into daycare....I have gotten quotes now from $850- 1000 per month...ugh.........

WHOA! get you Phoebe, you can hold the title of Miss Mega Bump my dear!!! Your cooking that sprog good :) I am going against the grain, I say you have a girly in there :winkwink: Glad your trace was nice and healthy, and you can come join the rest of us DD's in RnR okeys? Now plant ya botty down and get DH to wait on you :haha: massive hugs for the pain :hugs: I am taking co-codamol. I am trying very very hard to reduce it, but average 60mg codine per day, max 120mg. I have been told this will be fine, although I would leave it off the day of your induction. Some women are on pethodine or morphine for the pain at our stage, which is far worse. Just mention when you deliver what time you last had a dose. They even give co-codamol as early pain relief in labour so it can't be all that bad? :hugs: x

HEHEHE!!! Yep mama's cooking a biggun:argh::argh::rofl::rofl::loopy::loopy: just hope it wont be a johnny fat pants like me!! Thanks for ur reply, was scared to take any. but i will have to just to get thru these last few days i think. As i worry that i am stressing bumpkins when the pain gets too bad and i start howling in pain. The Rnr lounge it is then lol. Thanks lovely xx:hugs:

phoebe loving the bump pics sweetie :hugs: especially the one looking down :haha: tend to forget that you lose sight of your feet there at the end :haha: too cute!!

Hi Pk :hi::hi:
What are feet again!? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hope ur well lovely xxxx

awww...yay for bump pick Phoebe!! I still say boy for you!!!!!

Thanks Tink- I am really going to put my all into breastfeeding....my friend said the same thing- its easier to get up and just go right to the baby and BF than to mess with bottles and such.... do you wake the baby up on a schedule or let her wake you up when she is ready?? I have heard both, so I am confused.

I am taking over 5 months off from work with this baby, so the BF will help save us some money too - OH and I bring in about the same salary, so income will be cut if half for the rest of the year.....(we don't get much in the way of maternity pay over here in US- I get 6 weeks of 66% pay).
Scared to looking more into daycare....I have gotten quotes now from $850- 1000 per month...ugh.........

That's wonderful you get to stay off from work that long, and YES maternity pay does suck. If I get blessed, I would get 100% of pay for the first 6 weeks then pro rated after that.

Daycare is EXPENSIVE!!! and those prices are about average.

I know how it is Phoebe, I'm there with you honey :hugs: Yes come to the RnR lounge with me, we just sit here all day in our PJ's n eat here :haha: x

Lew, I don't use a particular schedule, but before your milk comes in little and often is the best way to go. Gradually work the time up your feeding for so nips gradually get used to it too, bubbas tum only needs about 5ml of colostrum on those very early feeds. Also bubbas tend to be shattered after the birth and have a long sleep. I would wake them 3 hourly by day to be honest if they don't demand before, builds a good milk supply and means that they wont wake ravenously hungry for more than you can provide before the milk comes in x

'Nursery' nearly there. For those who don't know, our 'nursery' is actually a partition of our own bedroom which is a loft conversion. Its quite tiny in there, but there's enough room for her for a couple of years. So cramped in there I can't get a good pic :haha: here's one end anyhow :haha: and also the crib that's beside our bed in our side of the room :thumbup:

Attachments

• Lilys room.jpg
    Lilys room.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Crib.jpg
    Crib.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 11
I just realized what you ladies in the UK call a crib is considered a bassinet in the states:dohh: I amaze myself sometimes:haha:

Hey girlies,

Tink thanks for the breastfeeding info. Everything I read says that if baby is latched on correctly that it should not hurt at all? Is that true? I know when I tried it used to hurt, maybe baby never latched on right? The nursery looks lovely love the bedding!:haha: crib is adorable too:happydance:

Phoebe glad the doc app went well. Not long now my lovely. Remember dr booby tink is here for bf advice:haha: :rofl: you can do it Hun, although I agree with tink if things don't work out formula is fine for your baby. I'm really hoping I can do it this time I'm determined:haha:

Hopes that sucks your test was rescheduled! What a pain in the a**!

I just realized what you ladies in the UK call a crib is considered a bassinet in the states:dohh: I amaze myself sometimes:haha:

:rofl: They got some lovely one's on ebay, but if i type in bassinet it shows moses baskets not cribs

Coral, even with a good latch, you may be sore for a short time. I always was for a few days, my nips are pretty sensitive. It depends on a lot, how sensitive your skin is, how much bubba is demanding to be fed, how big your nipples are, how big babies mouth is etc etc BUT very sore nipples are almost always due to bad positioning, its so crucial. Make the midwife come back again and again if your unsure in hospital. If it hurts during those first feeds, put your little finger in the corner of their mouth to break the latch and try again. It shouldn't actually hurt when feeding. Even with sore nipples due to nothing other than them getting used to the feeding it should only hurt initially as bubba latches on then go away after a few seconds. Put that lansinoh on after each feed too x

Oh and by the way, that breastfeeding counciler rang me today to book my visit, would have thought she will ring you soon also? I think that will be really helpful x

Ah the whole crib / cot / Bassinet / moses basket thing :haha: Pops, I got the crib / bassinet :haha: off ebay for £15 with all the bedding. Bargain :happydance: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->