Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

bollox indeed - my Laura was breast for 3 weeks then bottle and she LOST weight ridiculously on breast. Which is better???

Hey all
When I had Mckenzie they had SMA and Cow and gate milk there, had to use own nappies and wipes (cotton wool and tubs there).

Omg Poppy that newspaper saying that formula makes them put weight on too quickly is rubbish Mckenzie has had formula since day 3 and thats high calorie and he has hardly put weight on lol Really I think they need to do some more research lol

While I do think there are benefits to breastfeeding, I think its ridiculous to say bottle-fed babies will be overweight. It has more to do with your genetics and solid foods you eat than the milk!!!
WTH!

I am going to try my hardest to breastfeed- a little nervous about getting any sleep AT ALL in the first few weeks!

Hey all
When I had Mckenzie they had SMA and Cow and gate milk there, had to use own nappies and wipes (cotton wool and tubs there).

Omg Poppy that newspaper saying that formula makes them put weight on too quickly is rubbish Mckenzie has had formula since day 3 and thats high calorie and he has hardly put weight on lol Really I think they need to do some more research lol

SB how are you sweetie? got your scan Thurseday afternoon havnt you :hugs:

While I do think there are benefits to breastfeeding, I think its ridiculous to say bottle-fed babies will be overweight. It has more to do with your genetics and solid foods you eat than the milk!!!
WTH!

I am going to try my hardest to breastfeed- a little nervous about getting any sleep AT ALL in the first few weeks!

Lew i think thats all you can do is try and if for whatever reason its not working dont beat yourself up about it sweetie. Its never appealed to me BF was tempted once but i had three boys under 3yrs at the time so would of been hard work concentrating on BF and other two lads.

hey Poppy I ok thanks yer got appointment tomorrow afternoon for another scan I have had no bleeding since I went two weeks ago So don't know wot they are going to find tomorrow I also have had no pains so no clue wot going on!!

Will be thinking about you sweetie and hope something is done this time or pray for a bloody miracle :hugs::hugs:

well they rescheduled my glucose test, lame. dr didnt get the order to the lab in time i guess? whateverrr. i made my effort to get it done, now they can wait and ill do it when i feel like it lol.

birth class this friday evening and all day saturday. 12 hours total in 2 days. going to be rough lol. we chose to do it that way though because it takes up less of our schedule. will let you guys know if it is just silly :haha: may even provide photos :)

tink- yes bellybutton popped, but didnt wanna show any belly on facebook lol. will post a better pic here, maybe ill wait til tomorrow so it can be an even 29 week pic. hope youre feeling ok, the pains dont sound so good. do you think baby will try to make an entrance before your induction date?

Hi ladies,:hi::howdy::howdy::howdy::hi:
Just popped on for a quick minute as i promised i would. How's everyone today? Will read back and catch up in a sec. All went really well at the heart tracing this morn. Bubba'a basal hr was 143 bpm. :baby: was moving like mad as per usual and the readout came up at 132 movement in the hour WTH!!! Had a proper duck egg lump as s/he was trying to escape the midwife, had his/her ass stuck in the air. Even mw said i didnt need to have the movement monitor on as my tum was jumping all over the place:haha::haha:. But on a bummer note i have been requested to take things easy as my pelvic and hip pain is really taking its toll:cry: was crying my eyes out this morning in agony over it. So physio rang and as i am right at the end, she said there werent much they can do apart strict rest booooooooooo!!! Cant do that have so much to do :dohh: Oh yes if Tink's about, are u still using co-codamol? My dr prescribed me 15mgs, but i am terrified of taking it at this late stage. Anyways ladies enough of me, i hope u are all well and that u are having a good day xxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sleepingbubs, i really hope things work out in the best way possible for tom hun, shall be thinking of u xxx:hugs:

Thanks Phoebe :) Have put it at the back of my mind will c wot happens tomorrow.

Wow little is moving loads :) Sorry to hear you are in pain :-(

Wow hopes long birth class I had one when pg with Mc we had it on a Sunday all day at the hospital!!

Thanks Poppy :) well they better do something this wk been over a month now :-(

Ahhh Phoebe glad everything went well and sorry to hear your in pain sweetie, not long now lovely and you be holding your beautiful son :hugs: Have to say son cos im convinced :haha:

Hopes enjoy your 2 days birthing classes, never went to any so let me know how it went and piccies too :happydance:

Ok now im not too confident about a boy going by your bump :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: me either Pops, i havent a scooby whats going on either, hope i get to hone this mother's intuition some time in the next 18+ years!!!! :shrug::shrug::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just a tad lol ...............................:argh::argh::argh::rofl::rofl::rofl: starting to feel a wee bit nervous now. How the hell am i supposed to get the baby out!!!! Will like something out of alien :rofl::rofl:

:hugs: sleeping bubs, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow honey. x

Hopes, yes we need bellie button popped picture :haha: I shall be doing my FB 35 week pic soon, just need to get dressed someday :haha: Yeah the pains were strange, and bubba is doing a lot more 'head ramming' today. I dunno, I had all the symptoms under the sun early with my others and they didn't show till late. I think it might all be different this time though, the pregnancy certainly has. She's nearly good to go, so I'm not worrying, and were ready for her now so just see what happens I guess x

Breast vs Bottle huh? As strongly as I feel about Breastfeeding I do dislike it when mums are made to feel like failures if they can't / don't want to. Its a real shame cause formula is perfectly good enough for babies. If that's your decision, then they should leave you alone. However I urge anyone here who thinks they might be able to give it a go to try. I am on hand as Tink the Boobie Doctor :rofl:

Lew, you may find you actually get MORE sleep breastfeeding. Although you tend to feed more frequently in the early days breastfeeding, you can do so laying down and even have a little doze while your at it. You do not need to get up and get / make any bottles, and winding the baby will take less time. Not gonna lie to you, it can be very difficult and you may need to be pretty persevering, but get through those first few weeks and you'll soon be having an easier time than formula feeding mums. Also make sure you get support, its not always as natural a process as it feels like it should be x

Phoebe was just thinking what my OH said after pushing korben out, he said' i didnt realise how many veins you had in your forehead but bloody hell one was popping out that much i thought it was gonna burst :haha: and ive never seen your face go that red :rofl:

I'm going to try and give Bf a bloody good go, but will take in 2 cartons to be on the safe side. Just in case Gi-gantor needs topping up. At my hosp the diabetic team really try to promote it as it can app help my diabetes too. so i am game for that, as it has been crazy the last few weeks. I'm now on 20 AM and 22 units PM and they're rising on a daily basis.
Tink did u see my wee request asking if u were still taking co-codamol please? I dont know what to do regarding myself lol xx

Phoebe was just thinking what my OH said after pushing korben out, he said' i didnt realise how many veins you had in your forehead but bloody hell one was popping out that much i thought it was gonna burst :haha: and ive never seen your face go that red :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: Uh-oh Glam city here i come then........................not!!! xx:haha::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->