Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Hopes glad u passed the glucose test. That's great you enjoyed the birthing classes also and I'm sure you can do it au natural if you want to. Me personally loved the epi and would do it again if I was having a vbac. not long til your shower thats exciting!

CG safe journey and good luck with the Soy sweetie :dust::dust::dust:

Coral dont think ive any scan notes in my white book without digging it out, just consultant notes... well ive listened in 30 mins ago and she still moving around like a mad head n hb fine i just cant feel her yet.

dont worry i cant say for def the odd things i felt were the bambino iv had nothing obvious yet :( x

We have a new birthing center where i live so i may if im allowed and try birthing pool. Was a very quick labour with korben then i hemorraged after so im not sure whats protocol now with this birth :shrug:

Just make sure they give you the jab after to clamp your uterus Pops x

I had Laura in a birth unit but they've since closed it :( would be home birth now because I REFUSE to go to an acute hospital to birth!!!

it seems like its more common for you guys to birth without an epidural? is that just more common where you are all from? Or am I wrong? lol I know where I'm from almost everyone gets one. At my birth class the teacher said that 95% of laboring patients here get some form of pain medication.

Personal preference Hopes i think and having someone on staff at the time to administrate it... when i wanted it with my first there wasnt enough staff on so couldnt have it. Asked when i went in with korben at 2cm dilated and midwife told me to hang on cos she didnt think id be long, she was right i was 10cm within 40 minutes of her checking me again.

It can't be done by midwives here or in birth units, has to be ok'd by dr then put in by anaesthetist I think?

I couldn't stand the thought of a needle in my back!!

Plus they're trying to increase home birth and reduce the c section percentages (which is more likely with an epidural, according to stats)

My sister had an epi for her first and i asked if she gonna try au natural this time, but she's says why go through all that pain when you dont need to? :shrug: I think if you can go try without its more special me thinks.

Called her a wimp :haha:

i think it would be more special without it too poppy. this could be the only time in my life that this ever happens, i dont want to be numb for it! lol

I dunno I agree with her dont see why you would go through pain but thats my opinion. I also think everyones labours are different and induced labours tend to be more intense.

I wasn't numb til the end was in agony for hours before getting it. Also I felt the baby come out ouchy it was burning.

Coral dont get me wrong im not against epidurals id of had one if they could of with rhys cos his labour was a nightmare and induced, but if you can go without and at least try natural then why not. My sister just didnt want to go natural thats her choice, mine im glad i did go natural with them all cos it felt like all the pain was worth it in the end and i could get up and walk etc after ' be it a wobble and slowly cos of stitches' :haha:

yeah i agree. if it was an induction and was really going slowly and painfully with no end in sight i might get the meds.

girls hers my new hair do x x x

Attachments

• Photo-0216.jpg
    Photo-0216.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 5
Epidurals are a fairly new thing here, they're even starting to use them in other types of surgery now after using them in c sections etc for a while. They've discovered major ops can be done easily and with less recovery time for the patient. While I can see the benefits and I really think it's great that they are moving forward with medicine in this way I still would be too scared to get it done myself - that said I pass out when I have blood taken :haha:

I think statistically here the rates of further complication from epidural is quite high, I'm not sure why that is, but it leads to move vontouse and forceps deliveries and even c sections. That being said most women choose epidural for the exact reasons you've said, because they've had a long hard labour and cannot deal with the pain and contractions any longer so it could be argued that they may have needed extra help anyway from being completely shattered out.

I personally had a natural labour and was glad I did, had I needed a c section then obviously I would've had to have either a general or an epidural, no two ways about it. I think if you are dead set on having an epidural without having felt labour and not knowing what is ahead then it goes against everything that is advised i.e. 'keeping an open mind'. Although we must bear in mind that mind sets in America and the UK are going to be entirely different and so we may never fully agree on both sides of the water.

At the end of the day, as long as you have a perfectly healthy baby and are happy with your labour then that's the whole point isn't it? It is YOUR labour after all ;)

Baby program on channel 4 at 9pm :yipee:

As for Epidurals as i said before not against them but if i can go without i will and wouldnt fancy that needle in my back eecckkkkkk :argh:

I know :shrug: someone said on a thread it was on... gonna go find thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->