Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Right, only took bout half hour :rofl:

Caz, loving the new hair do. I missed the convo but vaguely remember you saying about going blond. Is it a massive change for you? x

Coral got the boots bag also, Its gonna be DH's bag :haha: furnature today? what did you go for honey? very exciting! :happydance: x

Phoebe, Pineapples never worked for me, but were pretty tasty! However, my friend ate one yesterday at 39 weeks and went into labour yesterday evening :happydance: and scans said she had an 8 lber in there, it turned out to be 6 and a half so there you have it. Hope you have a good app today, make sure you report back! x

Laura, my first midwife appointment was a flop also. Same stuff, history taking, form filling, and pack giving. It all gets more exciting soon honey! Just a few weeks and you'll be watching your little one wriggle about on the scan :happydance: x

Congratulations sleeping bubs, on sister in laws new baby1 I know it was totally the wrong time, but I'm guessing your relieved its not today. I have it right your in today? I'm praying for you honey, praying for a truck load of strength and comfort. I hope all goes smoothly and your soon home in your DH's arms and doing ok x

Poppy, u worrying about movement? I didn't feel Lily properly until about 18 weeks really, I'm sure all is fine. You may have to deliver at a consultant let unit for the bleeding problems, in fact I'm almost certain of it. Also the heparin and previous clot make you a higher risk, the reasons for being on a labour ward are these. They a. you will need a IV line in, early on in labour and they will take bloods for cross matching. b. They will need get a transfusion ordered in case. and c. You will be given the injection to expel the placenta and reduce blood loss (which could be done at a midwife led unit) and d. You are in the right place should a PPH occur. I know its annoying but it makes a lot of sense right? sorry if that's not what you hoped for :hugs: I might be totally wrong, but that is usually the plan for a woman with previous PPH x

China have a safe trip, and FX the soy works its magic on you! :hugs: x

Hopes, glad you passed your GTT! :loopy: and had fun at birthing class. I enjoyed them myself, and I LOVE my birthing ball. I have given birth medicated and unmedicated, induced and spontaneously. Having done 'au naturel' this time I want intervention :rofl: epidural, induction, the works :rofl: I can't get into any sort of comfy position due to the SPD, I wont be able to walk around, I have intense short labours, and obviously want induction which can be more painful. So epidural for me. However, I have been on the other side of the fence. Natural birth can be a great experience. Blooming awful like never felt before pain (well I have to be honest right?) but very instinct like, like how it was always meant to be. There is something special about having gone through it, and your body really does tell you what to do which you don't feel with meds. BUT I like MC also found the other way very special, in just a different way. It was calm, pain free, and upbeat. Anyhow, its good to have an open mind. I defo say stay in control, and keep upright and moving if you want a natural birth :hugs: x

Jenny, I echo about the cramps, had them for a few weeks. Tests do take a little time to get darker but they will, keep posting pics! Love seeing them x

MC, hope your ok honey, still thinking of you :hugs:

:wave: to everybody else, hope to catch up with you all as you come on today x

morning ladies:hi:

Tink you wont be here another 4 weeks. Really lay it on think today at DMW and explain you are miserable. What time is your appointment :hug:

Jenny, don't worry it takes a few days to get darker. I think you should get a digi to make it more real!:haha:

That baby hospital program was very sad. I saw the last half of it :cry:

Back to epidurals I think its so hard to say as every labour is so different but with me it saved me from getting a csection. They were going to give me one 3 hours from when they decided to let me have an epidural. The epi relaxed me and like MC let me rest for 2 hours, then I had gone from 3 to 10 in those two hours. I was having the strong contractions but not dialating well. The epi got my body to relax and dialate and I had energy to push her out in 20 mins. Some labours are different though. I went into labour hoping not to get an epi but that went out the window. I hate pitocin and would never be induced again. I never got the gel either just straight onto the drip:shrug: Also I never felt the needle going in was not painful at all, but I was in agony with labour. When I got my spinal for my csection with Ryan I didn't feel it either though and wasnt in labour they make it very comfortable.

Just waiting anxiously for my furniture now:happydance:
Had a shitty nights sleep, neighbours were at eachothers throats again and their rottweiler was barking non stop at them, poor thing prob trying to stop them. Ryan got woken up too and he sleeps deep. Anyway DH called the police. They were there in 5 mins and in and out in 2/3 mins. :shrug: they soon shut-up after that though!!

Good morning all!!

Its so hard keeping track of what you are all up to :wacko: I don't how you manage to respond to everyone's Tink! You are Wonderwoman!!

I watched one born every minute last night for the first time and it scared the life out of me!! I think I am with Mothercabbage by the sounds of it, an epidural sounds like it makes total sense and I agree with the statement why go through unneccessary pain if you don't have to?

The morning sickness is getting worse, had to have the day off on Monday with it :sick: Only a couple more weeks to go though (hopefully) and it will subside.

Girls, I know Cat poo has something really harmful in it that can be damaging to the baby but my other half wants to know if we can have a kitten!!! His sisters cat is giving birth as we speak. Is it bad enough not to have a litter tray in the house at all? What are your thoughts!!

Sorry for the BFN puppycat, I am sending you lots of positive thoughts and wishes:dust:

Good luck at the Docs today Jenny.

Hope everyone has a good day today!

xxx

xxx

hey Laura, sorry you are suffering with the MS but it is for a good cause and its a good sign that baby is healthy!

Puppycat sorry I missed you before. 9dpo is too early I'd say lots of :dust:

Thanks for all the dust girls xx

Laura the kitten would have to have a tray but you shouldn't have it until it's about 8-10weeks old and then not let it out until it's had it's jabs etc.

The cat poo changing would have to be done by your DH, as long as you don't touch it you'll be fine. The toxoplasmosis that's in it is also found in raw meat etc so it's not like you'd never come into contact with the same bacteria xxx

Laura, I take notes when I'm missing for a day :rofl: so no wonder woman here at all :haha: Sorry bout the sickness, its horrible I know. Least you know you have lots of HCG in your system sustaining a healthy pregnancy :hugs: A lot of us Ding Dongs are cat lovers, I have 2 cats. The threat your thinking of is toxoplasmosis and is found in cat poop. However, you can still keep cats, you should just not change the litter tray or handle any poo. Single preggo mums who have no-body to clean the litter tray for them should wear gloves, and wash their hands thoroughly. If you want a kitten, I would get one soon. You will want to keep it out of your bedroom etc where the baby will sleep so it get used to the restriction. Also it will be a better age once baby is born to be able to go outside and also not be too playful x

:hi: girls how are you all well not going the gym today my washer has broke so waiting in for the man i have gutted the house top to bottom symptom wise non at all today x x x

Morning Coral, Puppycat! :wave:

Coral I'm off in a bit, scan at 11, appointment after. Soooooooooo hope Its a productive morning. My consultant really is useless, I waited an hour to see her, she was that busy. She only has appointments there once every 2 weeks so if you need extra care she simply isn't around. She is over booked, and I think that's why she is stalling me. No fair :cry: anyhow, sees ya all laters x

Tink that doesn't sound fair at all! put your foot down today and maybe squeeze some tears out:haha:

Thanks for all the advice girls.

I have grown up with outdoor cats at my parents house. They still have two now. I think I am going to let him have the kitten but just make sure he understands that he will be the one doing all the cleaning up!! :haha:

xxx

Coral, I might just try that :haha: Oh well, see what happens ...

Laura, I think that sounds like a plan, just remember it will need to be kept in for a while x

Morning :flower:

The spinal block is another thing id be scared to death of... when i was with the doctor pregnant with korben she mentioned 1 in 1000 have the spinal block and on rare occassions its moved up to the lung area causing breathing difficulties omg id just panic like hell if that happened. So if for some reason you had to have a section can you request they put you to sleep?? :haha:

Tink thanks for info so basically if i wanted to use the birthing pool i wouldnt be able to? I did really fancy labouring in a pool never done it before.

Think anyone who has an epi is just brave the thought of the needle and pushing babys head out without any urges to push must be harder right? lol maybe i have a fear of thinking id not be in control cos id lose feeling from the waist down :wacko:

SB thinking of you today sweetie :hugs::kiss:

afm nothing much... scared the shit out myself last night, i used the doppler to see what she was doing and i must of picked up my own heart beat which was obviously slower and i paniced thinking she wasnt right :dohh: 2 mins later to my relieve found her hb.... not using that every night now it scares you.

Morning pops,
I never heard that about spinal, I had no probs. I wouldn't want to go under general as that is more risky and you would see baby right after. Also I can't remember with my epi but I think they told me when to push and it worked as it only took 20 mins to get her out and she was quite big. I remember it hurting though so must not of been numb down there.

I think im just frightening myself thinking of all this stuff and knowing my luck consultant will suggest a c-section and all my fears will kick in :haha:

20 mins better than 40 mins pushing a baby out, is that more because you had the epidural or does it help baby come out quicker? Think i just need to relax and not think of all these things till im nearly due.

no i think I was just pushing effectively, nothing to do with epi I think, but just wanted to say that with me it didnt stop me from pushing effectively. Don't worry poppy it will all be fine no matter what you choose. :hugs:

Dont forget ding dongs... One Born Every Minute (USA) - starting Thursday, 9pm, More4 in the UK :happydance: should be interesting

:wacko:OMG I'M HAVING LILYANNE IN 6 DAYS TIME:wacko:
:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Tuesday it is then! Needless to say, I'm kinda happy :rofl: Thank goodness for that. Been a scary morning though, the sonographer told me Lily has fluid under her skull..... I was a bit of a mess to be honest, and it didn't help that the midwife was running 30 mins late for the appointment after so I just sat there panicking. Poor old Phoebe had to pick up the pieces and very kindly rang me (thanks Luan :hugs:) Anyhow, it turns out little Lily is AOK :cloud9: its fat not fluid under her skull and is as a result of the diabetes. It wont do her any harm, but its a sign she will be better off on the outside. So, THE LOVELY DIABETIC CONSULTANT (WHICH I WANT TO MARRY NOW) SAID I SHOULD BE INDUCED ASAP. Tuesday 21st June, 8am :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:xxxx

Oh and she is 8lb today :rofl: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"