Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Community midwives seldom work alone Laura, they usually are part of a team. I would have thought you should be able to see someone else, make some phone calls honey. They should be reassuring you not making you upset! :hugs: x

Morning Coralista! yes will defo get myself a nap later, just tidying for health visitor :haha: I can't complain too much, I was only up a couple of times the night before. If you must nest, nest gently :haha: I'm getting so excited, can't wait to see what she looks like. Lily wants to meet her new play mate also x

:rofl: @my typo, anyone spot it? 'Birth Plan' not 'Birth Story' :rofl: think its a bit late for that ... :haha: x

Here's how good you can hear it Laura, here's Lily at 15 weeks. Defo recommend it! x

https://youtu.be/l7ynkxtBQQo

:rofl: @my typo, anyone spot it? 'Birth Plan' not 'Birth Story' :rofl: think its a bit late for that ... :haha: x

:rofl: I did notice actually but let you off as you're sleep deprived:haha: Yes getting excited now can't wait to see what she looks like either:happydance:

Happy 4th July ladies :flower:

MC Rhys better behave and move his butt the right way now :haha: hope everything goes fine at MWs.

Tink Infacol is great stuff helped korben, aww bless Lillyane and feel for you lack of sleep is not good when your on the go all day :hugs: as for BIRTH PLAN :haha: looking forward to it i got weeks to forget it pmsl.

Coral 8 days lovely woohoooo :happydance:

afm nothing much today, got to go hossy and pick my injections up cos i forgot to get them when i was last up n only got tonights :dohh: apart from that chilling.

Are you scared Coral? x

Edited think scared wrong word, nervous

:wave::hi: ladies,

Good to hear from you Phoebe:hugs:
MC good luck at MW...
:hugs: to you Laura
Tink, I did notice the "birthing plan"...I just that its what you ladies called in the UK:haha: plus I'm still half asleep
Next Monday Coral(did I count right????)
PK, sounds to me that good ole DH needs a swift kick in the ass!!!!:haha:
:hugs: to all my DDs

Asfm, typing on my phone sucks...so I will have short posts & *lurk* a lot. Half the fam is sick. MIL had a virus passed it to my nephew,DH & DS2....what a great way to start our vacation. Praying that I don't get it

HAPPY 4TH LADIES!!!!

oh Laura big :hugs:

I'm not sure if you can request another midwife? As far as the hearbeat goes I sort of understand why she didnt check, because its hit and miss so early on and if she tried but couldn't find it you would of panicked and be more worried. If I were you I'd order the angel sounds doppler from amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AngelSounds-Fetal-Heart-Detector-Doppler/dp/B001NWDUE2 its on sale for 12.99 and I love mine!

I was about 10 weeks when I got it and found the HB after about 5/10 mins. So worth it. Might make you feel better. :hugs:

Thanks so much Coral!! Just ordered it along with the gel, £20.97 inc postage, not bad really!! :winkwink: Not long now to go for you....woo hoo!! :happydance:

Feel a bit better now for ordering too and its something else to look forward!

Happy 4th July China & PK!!!:thumbup:

Hi CG hope everyone gets better soon and you dont catch it sweetie :hugs:

Oh good Laura, hopefully it arrives soon.

China its next Tuesday. Hope you dont cath the virus and enjoy your vacation. Happy 4th July!

Happy 4th of july US people!

OK question guys. My friend's water broke yesterday morning and of course they told her to come into the hospital. (the same hospital im having my baby at) Anyway, she wanted to do it med-free and be able to move around and all that during labor, which is what I want as well. But once she was admitted to hospital that morning they put her in a bed, strapped on some monitors, and told her she wasn't allowed to get up. They wouldnt even let her get up to pee, gave her the choice of either a bedpan or a catheter. She of course got very uncomfortable laying in bed and not being allowed to move. When she got there she was only 1cm. She was 4cm a few hours later, but was sooo uncomfortable being stuck in the stupid bed like that pissing in a bedpan! So she gave in and got the epidural. From there she spent the entire night at 4cm dilated, because the epidural slowed the labor. If she doesnt have baby in a few hours she is going to have to get a csec because of the 24 hour rule after water breaks.

SO.. my question to you all is.. is this common? Is it common to have to lay in a bed and not move after your water breaks? She said they told her it was an infection risk to move around or something? I'm very angry about the situation because it seems like.. no wonder so many people have to get csecs, she was totally just forced through this entire process!

Hi Hopes

Sounds a bit odd to me I know with my DD, they had to break the waters and her HB kept dropping, so they monitored my intermittently but I was up and around all the time, I gave birth squatting on the bed.

Have you spoken with your OB, on the hospital policy regarding this, maybe they can shed some light xx

Happy 4th of july US people!

OK question guys. My friend's water broke yesterday morning and of course they told her to come into the hospital. (the same hospital im having my baby at) Anyway, she wanted to do it med-free and be able to move around and all that during labor, which is what I want as well. But once she was admitted to hospital that morning they put her in a bed, strapped on some monitors, and told her she wasn't allowed to get up. They wouldnt even let her get up to pee, gave her the choice of either a bedpan or a catheter. She of course got very uncomfortable laying in bed and not being allowed to move. When she got there she was only 1cm. She was 4cm a few hours later, but was sooo uncomfortable being stuck in the stupid bed like that pissing in a bedpan! So she gave in and got the epidural. From there she spent the entire night at 4cm dilated, because the epidural slowed the labor. If she doesnt have baby in a few hours she is going to have to get a csec because of the 24 hour rule after water breaks.

SO.. my question to you all is.. is this common? Is it common to have to lay in a bed and not move after your water breaks? She said they told her it was an infection risk to move around or something? I'm very angry about the situation because it seems like.. no wonder so many people have to get csecs, she was totally just forced through this entire process!

Thats horrible treatment :growlmad:

When my waters broke i went in to be checked and told i could go home with a Thermonitor to take my temp every 4hrs and if nothing happened i was booked in at 8am the following morning for induction, but luckily 12hrs later korben was ready to come on his own.

Hi Hopes

Sounds a bit odd to me I know with my DD, they had to break the waters and her HB kept dropping, so they monitored my intermittently but I was up and around all the time, I gave birth squatting on the bed.

Have you spoken with your OB, on the hospital policy regarding this, maybe they can shed some light xx

This all just was thrown at me in the past 24 hours as she has been texting me in the hospital, so I haven't had any opportunity to ask my midwife about it. However, I do have an appointment on Wednesday and I will ask them about it then, but I was curious if other people had a similar experience.. because if it was somehow a standard thing to do, I didn't want to walk into my dr's appointment all angry about it lol. But it doesn't seem standard to me at all, it seems like a miserable experience set up to fail!

I understand intermittent monitoring, of course! But being stuck in a bed on constant monitor under a bedpan!? How is it that this is the hospital I've been going to the entire pregnancy, took my birth class there, and have still never heard of such a thing.

Poppy- i agree it seems horrible! I know that here, usually if your water breaks they tell you to come into hospital right away, which is fine with me. Its fine if they want to monitor intermittently and make sure everything is OK, but its not fine with me to get there and then be trapped in a bed like that. How could anyone have a pleasant labor under those conditions.

Hopes this is exactly what happened to me! my waters broke in the night and made my way to the hospital. Then I was put in a bed and told I could not get up even to use the bathroom! I had to use a bedpan and was so umcomfortable! I was only 1/2cm dilated when I got there. They put me on pitocin(evil stuff) and I got strong hard contractions very quickly but wasn't dilating. 10 hours later I was begging for the epi but was only 2 cm! Anyway because of the 24 hour rule thing they gave in after 12 or so hours of labor then I slept for 2 hours and was fully dilated and ready to push. It was a horrible experience and probably why I swayed towards a repeat c-section this time. Hopefully your waters wont break before labor. I feel for your friend although she was lucky enough to get her epi sooner.

Think its an aweful experience to go through. Only time ive been confined to bed was when i was put on the drip n monitored, but was still allowed to get off occassionally and walk around with drip still in my hand. Also to the toilet on my own.

Think its just standard practise here if your waters go go straight up to be checked over and if everythings ok they'll send you home till your labour starts. If not your booked in for induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->