Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Puppy here is my two cents.....

If your god daughter is getting or has gotten a kitchen set, then get something that could go along with the kitchen set. Like a tea set or some dishes, play food...you can never have too many. Or you could get her some girly bows for her hair ya know something like that. I agree no cash, but a gift card is not a bad idea and here is why. Get the gift card for like a clothing store for children or a toy stoy. That way it could be used only for the child. Thats all I got:shrug:

hm yes i agree with china a gift card would be better if it was for a specialty type store. but its fun to see kids open presents. My SIL told us to get our nephew a walmart gift card, which is what i thought was stupid lol. Puppycat you should buy her freaking kid a selection box too :haha:

hm yes i agree with china a gift card would be better if it was for a specialty type store. but its fun to see kids open presents. My SIL told us to get our nephew a walmart gift card, which is what i thought was stupid lol. Puppycat you should buy her freaking kid a selection box too :haha:

Your right hopes, it is fun too watch the kids open up their presents and even funnier when they open something they didn't want:haha:

Hi girls, posting from my hospital bed. Been hooked onto IV all afternoon and staying overnight. Feeling much better, had a cheese burger and chips finally and it felt so good. Hopefully I can go home tomorrow and they booking a scan for Monday. Hope you all are ok xxxxx

Hi girls, posting from my hospital bed. Been hooked onto IV all afternoon and staying overnight. Feeling much better, had a cheese burger and chips finally and it felt so good. Hopefully I can go home tomorrow and they booking a scan for Monday. Hope you all are ok xxxxx

Praying for you babyd!!!

hey sweeties :hi:

aww puppy, that would be very frustrating. i agree with china and i think hopes' idea is classic!!! get her a selection box :haha: it's hard when you grow apart from a close friend. it sounds like she's got some other issues going on and hasn't shared them with you. i think she's compensating for something by spending so much money (even if it's for her daughter) and getting the boob job. :shrug: just my opinion tho...

china, i hope you're doing ok hun and that your temps stay up! fxxx :dust:

babyd, so glad to hear you're finally feeling a little better. i hope they can give you something to keep you feeling better hunni :hugs: sounds like a brief stay in the hospital was just what you needed :hugs:

hopes, thank you for your enthusiasm hun :hugs: i am looking forward to the scientific aspect of the process...lots of women get to see or get pictures of their embryos prior to transfer and i really hope we get that too! that would be awesome!! :happydance: but you're right, it is defo way more expensive and uncomfy to do it this way...or i expect it will be from all i've been told. :wacko: and yes, there is a much higher "risk" for multiples. most RE docs will NOT implant more than 3 embryos, depending on the quality of the embryos and also the age of the mother. the age of the mother is directly related to having successful implantation, among other things. apparently i'm "young", which i did not expect at all at 35. we will defo have 2 embryos implanted. we haven't gotten so far to discuss with our RE if we want to try 3. we've been going back and forth about that, but we defo don't want to do more than that. and we defo want to do more than 1...but of course that's provided that we have more than 1 good egg and subsequently more than 1 viable embryo. ugh. it's all so complicated.

as far as success rate goes, my RE has a higher success rate than the national average for IVF. really though, you have to measure by live births, versus pg achieved. there is a difference between the two, but b/c of the scientific intervention plus multiple embryos etc, the success rate (even for live birth) is quite a bit higher than for just ttc naturally. it's something like 31% live birth success rate per retrieval whereas you have about a 20% chance of conception/live birth for natural ttc any given month. so chances are better...wohoo!!! :happydance: but still when you think about it 30% isn't that great either, so we'll be praying hard that we've already been through our other 70% of negatives. :haha:

the egg retrieval is done under anesthesia b/c it can be painful. ovaries will be very swollen and tender b/c of all the follicles that i'll have (hopefully). the usual procedure is to go through the vagina, guided by vaginal u/s and use a really long needle to aspirate the eggs and fluid from the follies as late as possible before they actually burst b/c if they burst then you lose the eggs. anyway, so i guess it's just such a delicate thing that they don't want to risk messing it up in addition to how uncomfy it would be. :shrug: supposedly the whole procedure takes about 30 mins, but i'll be pretty much out of commission that day and supposed to take it easy the next day, but i'll be on "light activity" from the time i start stimming until a week after embryo transfer i think for different reasons. i can't believe i'm starting everything tomorrow!!!! wow. i guess i need to change my ticker again :haha:

:wave: morning all....
so strange not seeing poppys posts everyday :cry: i miss you poppy!! its ok ill text you abuse for abandonning us!:rofl::rofl:

@coral...THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!,:yipee:, thanx for the sympathy :flower: im feeling in better spirits today, still huge and uncomfy but not inclined to moan as much...yet! :haha: ill try a sports bra, seen one the other day and thought"should i" now i know i should have...:dohh:your bump is beautiful! i bet you miss it once lil lady is here, i know i missed mine after chloe and connor were born, odd to think but very true..:hugs:

@china...thanx for the :hugs: they were much needed yesterday but like i said im in better spirits today :happydance: keep smiling!! is my motto of the day :hugs: back at ya! xx

@hopes....im sure your body wont be "ruined" when baby arrives, i got quite a few stretch marks from chloe at aged 18!!! i felt the same but once you got your baby in your arms and the stretch marks fade, youll be fine!! :hugs:sports bra on shopping list :thumbup: xxxxx

@puppycat.....get your God daughter loads of sweeties/candy...she will LOVE it, however her mum wont!! :rofl: hyper 2 year old at a birthday party!:dohh: thats what id do :rofl::rofl::rofl:

@babyd....got your text, glad you decided to go to hossy, told you you needed more fluid:thumbup:, anyway glad you feeling a bit better and SCAN ON MONDAY!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeek :happydance: too excited!! i may pee my pants!! :haha: :hugs::kiss:

asfm....:happydance: lazy day just usual cleaning and then nothing...so i will be haunting bnb alllllll day :haha:

morning ladies :hi:

Thanks MC yes I will miss my bump. I remember with my other two it was so strange for the first week or so not feeling movements inside very weird. I know only 2 more sleeps!! :yipee: Glad you are feeling better today.:hugs:

Babyd glad you feel a bit better it sucks it got so bad you had to go to the hospital though:hugs: Looking forward to your scan!

Puppycat I agree, if she didnt give you any ideas just get her anything. It's better to get her a present as like the others said a two year old wont be impressed with money or giftcard.

hey China how are you?

Hopes, how's the bathroom situation going?

PK I was watching that show "deliver me" yesterday. It was a very old one but its the one where the DR Yvonne gets IVF. I can't remember her age but they transferred 5 eggs! She ended up having a baby girl I think.

I don't plan on doing anything today either, nothing more than the normal tidying up after the family etc. I'm getting so excited now. I just hope there are no complications with me or the baby.

I'm completely at a loss now. I might have a look on the argos site and see if i can reserve something.
Catch up later, hate writing on my phone x

Morning ladies!

Will read back this afternoon. Just checking in quickly, been in melt down :rofl: crying, sleeping, and generally loosing it. Its mainly tiredness mixed with hormones, I'll be just fine. DH being less of an ass which is helpful. Quiet afternoon without the older kids planned, snuggling with Lily and having a snooze. I'll be just fine with a little more sleep and a cuddle or two. xxxxxxxx

P.S Coral, beyond excited for you!!!! I can't believe we get to meet your beautiful baby girl so soon, I cant wait to have a new, new mummy buddie :) x

Morning tink, nice to see you. So sorry you are having a hormonal, sleepless, hard time. That will be me next week! :haha: can't wait either I'm getting excited now! Can't believe I'll be a new mummy again soon! Eeeek! Try to relax today and get as much sleep as possible. :hugs:

Well, things got worse unfortunately. Been sick all morning even water and meds came on. Feeling shite! Not sure I can go home today :(

:hi: girls relaxing day today for me ff put me 3 dpo wooppp stay away :af: going to keep my self busy and not think to much about it x x x

Oh no babyd you really have it bad. Hope things improve and you get to go home :hug:

Oh cricky, not retaining much info, but seeing lots of upset or fed up ding dongs :hugs:

Babydream, so sorry its got so bad for you :hugs: I don't really know what to say, I bet you just want it all over already! Poor honey, FX they get you sorted out x

MC, sorry your feeling down in the dumps, I was there at about your stage of pregnancy. :hugs: x

Hopes, same goes to you. Your body isn't ruined honey. I thought the same and in time it will recover. It might never be the same but you will gain some sort of normality. Can you guys get bio oil over there? Its fab for stretch marks! x

Puppycat, try not to get wound up, doesn't sound like she is so your the only one suffering. I agree with China, how about stuff to go with the kitchen set? x

China, thanks for your kind message honey x

Pops, miss ya x

Coralista, still insanely excited :haha: Oh and loving the last bump pic, your ready to pop :haha: :) x

Caz, hey honey :hugs: x

PK, loving knowing the run down of your treatment. Also glad the house stuff is progressing. All great news, and totally normal to feel apprehensive and worried something wont go right. I can;t see why you wont be celebrating your BFP soon though honey x

Ok be back again in a min, Lilypie is demanding again x

Thanks Tink, go and get some rest chick, it's so hard in the first few weeks, I don't know how I survived! Super Tink!

BD :hugs: sounds awful honey, I hope they can get to the bottom of it and get your tummy settled :(

AFM DREADING this stupid party now! ARGH! Couldn't find anything online in Argos that would suit or wasn't a ridiculous present and complete waste of money. The thing is I know she'll have every possible toy food, saucepan and cup for her kitchen - that's how they are. I told my 'friend' I haven't bought anything and when she thinks of something she needs to just let me know. She says her family are giving her daughter money because they're taking her to Bristol Zoo tomorrow and she can spend it in the gift shop - I'm not sure how many stuffed lions a girl needs but I still refuse to give a 2 year old money.

Anyway.

Had 'praise in the park' this morning instead of our usual church service, was lovely being out in the open air, loved it. Trying to hold on to the peace and calm of it all but it's not really working out! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->