Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

Yeah..last Thursday. She called back and said my pap came back abnormal. Nothing to worry about, I will get another pap after I have critter...whew!!! got scared there.

:hi:

milas been keeping me busy. she wont let me put her down i swear, she sleeps in my arms most of the night and id prefer not because im paranoid about that kind of safety. fortunately im a light sleeper and can take little cat naps while she dozes in my arms, but i wish shed sleep in her crib, pack n play, or even swing or bouncer. i know shes very young still and seems to think shes still attached to my body, but i find it scary for her to sleep like this, i was always a huge advocate of the whole 'sleep on your back in an empty crib to prevent sids' thing.

think i need one of those baby sling things so i can wear her and get some things done around here, anyone had any experiences with those? yawn.

on a more positive note, ive been pumping and breastfeeding practically non stop, and now i make more milk than little mila knows what to do with :) she hasnt had formula all week. and i have even more milk stored in the fridge. she had a weight check today and has gained 14 oz since last wednesdays appointment. she is past 10 lbs already at 11days old yikes!

also, her little bum is red and raw like around the actual hole, some of the skin is even broken. feel terrible for her. been trying to keep her dry but its hard when she poops every 3 minutes lol. talked to dr today and she seemed unconcerned. weve been wiping(gently!), blotting dry, and using desitin, dr suggested something called udder cream? looked it up online and it is literally for damaged animal nipples. shoulda seen this coming though, OH and i are very fair skinned and i get all sorts of skin irritations so of course her little bum is extra sensitive.

k i think thats all thats been going on in my world lol, udders, boob milk, sore bums, mila, mila, mila!

now i need to try to read back and catch up on you guys!

Hey Hopes,
My great niece was the same way about sleeping in her bassinett. I think its too hard for them, making them uncomfortable. So, what we did was added extra padding like wrapping that thin pad in recieving blankets and then put the sheet back over it. Smoothed it out. Just an idea:flower:

My friends baby is the same and he's nearly 7 weeks. The HV told her that the baby is playing her because he stops crying every time he's picked up. It's a hard one but not something i could deal with! Need my separate time!

I'm totally in support of separate beds and all but I don't think they know to be manipulative that early. I'm sure it's the comfort that comes from being held...smelling mommy up close and feeling her that stops the crying. :awww:

Hopes, I slept with all of my kiddos like that probably until they were about a month old and then transitioned them to the bassinet for the night (between feedings of course) and then to their own crib probably not until they were somewhere around 4-5 months or so. By then they usually had longer sleep time between feedings and I felt more comfortable putting them in their own room. Yay for plenty of milk!!!! Shoot I can't think of it now...the diaper cream that starts with an "A"... You might want to try that for her bum sweetie or something organic if her skin is super sensitive. Poor baby. And just remember that whatever you eat gets passed to her and lots of things could cause her little bum to get sore. It's really just trial and error for some things but defo no spicy foods. :hugs: it's so nice to hear how you're doing sweetie and precious Mila :kiss:

Cg, so glad to hear it's nothing serious and can wait til after baby comes :hugs:

Coral im sorry your neck's still bothering you hunni...I know how painful that can be. I hope it eases up for you very soon :hugs:

Pc I think you've got a great chance this cycle sweetie :dust:

Poppy, love the 9/11 avatar :thumbup::kiss:

Well my abdomen and ovaries are very tender tonight. I hope I get good news again on fri!! 2 more sleeps....busy day again tomorrow with football games and cheerleading...

Morning dd's :wave:

Hopes good to see ya girlie! I do think it takes time for newborns to adjust honey, she will sleep in them things soon. Its good for them to be close to you in the early days. Laying on your chest helps them regulate their own breathing etc :) Lily was the same, and she now sleeps the night in her crib, and naps in her pram quite well if she is comfortable. Like China said, sometimes you need to make things a little more comfy. Have you tried swaddling? Do this with something VERY lightweight so she doesn't overheat. A cot sheet, muslin, or a very light cotton blanket is great. For her bum have you tried Sudocreme? I sware by the stuff for everything: https://www.amazon.com/Sudocrem-253...QJHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315468476&sr=8-1 You know that stock of breast milk in the fridge? That will help too. First use cotton wool and water to clean her bottom, then wipe some breast milk over the sore area. Air dry before putting on her nappy. Its magic stuff! So glad you managed to increase your supply, your doing great megamommy! x

China, I also need my smear repeated. Glad your ok x

Puppycat, I wont pressurise you to test :winkwink: :haha: :hugs: for DH being a twat x

Poppy, I did get an earlyish night in the end, you? hope your consultant appointment goes well x

PK I'm praying for you honey, persistantly, and every day. Such an exciting/terrifying time. But its gonna be ok honey :hugs: keep us up to speed with every little detail please, that means how your feeling especially if its not good cause we wanna be there for you :hugs: x

Just checking you saw this PK, cant stop thinking bout what your going through :wacko: hope your ok :kiss: x

Oh and PC, I just read back and realised I missed your post about your hair! Sorry :hugs: It looks fab! x

Coralista, she settled eventually :haha: and even had a lie in zzzzzz :) how's the lovely Keira? I'm all up for the buggy walk, I might be shattered, but we can just do a short one to start eh? :haha: next week sometime? then a nice cuppa tea x

Morning ding dongs :hi:

China, glad it wasn't bad news from the docs, phew.

Puppy, good luck testing :dust:

PK sounds like you have a busy few days ahead :hugs:

Hopes, you are doing great with the BF well done. I agree with PK I don't think babies are munipulative this early, I think little Mila just wants to be close to you. I echo Tinks idea with swaddling, I swaddle Keira alot and she usually sleeps better when she is, also i roll blankets up and lay them either side of the baby to keep her all snug, she loves it. Don't worry too much though she will settle down soon. Also try A&D ointment or I loved Aquaphor, it was amazing and always cleared my babies diaper rash.

Tink yes lets arrange a day next week maybe closer to the time so we can pick a day with decent weather? Glad Lily settled in the end :awww: Keira is doing great thanks :)

Hey poppy, MC, Laura, Jenny, Phoebe etc etc sorry if I missed you :hugs:

Back from consultants all well size and hb good, not there now till 36wks see if she's moved head down by then :happydance:

Read back now x

:hi: girls hope your all well afm still getting darkish opks not a clue still not been the chemist yet for a hpt not had time probuly pick one up tomorrow when i go up that end x x x

:wave: afternoon all

pk..OMGosh!!!!!! is it seriously that close?? why did i think it was ages away for your TWW..im all a fuzz in my head these days...im too excited for words now...:dust::dust::dust::dust: praying (hard) you get your :bfp:

caz..are you testing today? :test: :dust:

tink...my pram is ace! people actually move outta my way its huge!! love it! :haha: how is the lilypie today..keeping you busy no doubt!:thumbup:

coral...hows your neck? sounds awful :hugs: maybe its celeb big brother...stop watching that rubbish and your neck will get better :tease::haha: :hugs::kiss:

hopes...connor was a pain for sleeping on his own..he is STILL in our bed b/c we thought he was more cosy and hugged there! :growlmad: ive learnt my lesson now and Rhys will be in his cot/crib/bed on his own until he is married! :haha: hope mila settles in her own bed soon xx

asfm...OH back to work...thank feck..its actually more tiring having him home..moaning..."im tireddddddddddddd" feck off to work love!:wave: :rofl::rofl: gong to have a :coffee: and tidy up then have a little :sleep: with connor on sofa! ahhhhhh bliss

:kiss:n :hugs: to all xxxxxxxx

Hi girls,

Poppy, great news at mw appointment hunni xx

PK, i'm praying for you, it is really close now and can't wait to hear your good news xx

CG, glad it wasn't a bad news from docs you must've been very worried xx

Coral, i agree with MC, stop watching that rubbish and your neck will be fine lol Kidding! Hope Keira is well.

Hopes, it must be hard but you are doing well. I agree swaddling helps it makes them feel cosy. I understand your concern about sids, just make sure you don't overheat her by holding her tight and reduce the layer as you keeping her warm anyway. Hope her buttom gets better soon xx

MC, i was wondering where you were yesterday, didn't see you around, hope all ok and dh will stop moaning now lol xx

Tink, hope lily is ok and will have a good weekend at camp xx

Hi damita, how is the clomid going? Are you taking it already?? x

PC, sorry for dh being difficult, men eh? I can't wait for you to test. xx

Hello everyone else xxxxx

I received my Sanamama carrier in the post this morning its really cool! But other than that i'm not having a good day :( I feel really down, things are not great lately job and money wise, dh not being very supportive with the pregnancy, bored as hell doing nothing at home and can't go anywhere without money. Prenatal depression?? I just want to be alone and have a little cry and feel sorry for myself. So i might just lurk today. I hope you all have a good day though xxxxxxxxxx

No not yet gotta wait till monday to get the pills to bring on the period so probably two weeks until I take it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->