Team Ding Dong... Bonking, Bumping, and Burping Along Together! ;-)

:Hello: DD's!!

PK so glad to hear all went well with yesterdays session! 3 healthy babies growing! FXed all 3 take root and continue to grow to become healthy happy babies for you and your OH!!!

China - glad to hear you had a good weekend at the ladies retreat.

To everyone else - :hugs: and hope you are all well.

I've had a really busy weekend with my mom's 60th birthday celebrations. My brother and his family joined us from Ireland for the weekend. Was really good to see them again esp my nephew!! He is almost 3! They are planning on TTCing #2 next year - would be really nice to be bump buddies with my SIL!

Wedding plans have returned to the drawing board as I wont be able to have the church wedding I wanted!! As neither of us attend church and we dont like the look of the churches in our parish, we will have to become habitual worshippers at the church of our choice to be able to get married there!
So returned to the drawing board and looking for a venue where we can have a civil ceremony and reception.
Already seeing one of these venues on Tuesday night. Will contact the other 2 venues in the week.

PK my next appointment is 9/20 @ 2. Its just to hear "critters" HB and then I will make my first OB appointment.

Oh, PK I have some IC left and a FRER if you want them :)

Thanks Skweek & Puppy

CG glad you had a good weekend and home all refreshed, wouldnt worry about cramps sweetie all part of the course, think mine settled after 15wk :hugs:

skweek35 happy 60th again to your mum... ahhh added stress of wedding planning, just watched my friend going through it but she had a lovely day.

PK ive missed the poas addiction i feed through PC atm so roll on 26th :haha:

afm nothing just binned most of my clothes that ive hogged for years, im terrible and wont bin anything OH goes mad lol.

Here's my 32wk bump piccy and tbh i feel horrid n fat now :cry: stretch marks ugh.

Attachments

• photo0042.jpg
    photo0042.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
PK ive missed the poas addiction i feed through PC atm so roll on 26th :haha:

Ain't that the truth! lol.

Pops just wanted to say I am going to do Sam's 2 boy hats before I do your cardi - I need more pink wool (I know I won't have enough to finish a cardi and I need to buy it from the same place so it matches) Just so you know :)

PC dont worry sweetie i got a bit to go yet lol, i really need to start buying clothes only bought a few... i really am lastminute.com was with korben :dohh:

Aye I know but I'll probably put a pic on FB for Sam and you might have though 'hang on...' :haha:

Aw poppy bump looks perfect sweetie! :winkwink:

Sk, my dh and I just married, well a yr and a half ago now, but I sympathize with the stress of wedding planing. Still fresh in my memory!! :hugs: you'll get it done though and all will be perfect!

China, YES!!! Anything to save some money at this point!! :haha: I am so not above freebies!! Lol. I'll pm you my address if you're really sure?? :hugs:

China, just looking at your Lifepoint church on FB after your check in, didn't realise it was a baptist church, that's where I go here. Just watching the baptisms :)

Thanks PK!! yeah I know we will get there in the end - just really frustrating at the mo! I want to book a venue so I can confirm a date, but just cant find a venue I really like and can afford!!
We are not prepared to spend a fortune on the wedding so looking for more affordable but equally pretty places.

Poppy your bump looks perfect to me!! I would lovingly wear babybump stretch marks !!!
Not long now!!
My cousins wife is already in hospital with twins - only 28 weeks!! babies are doing very well but they seem to be too heavy for her body as she is already dilating.
Docs where saying C-Section in Oct. But looks like she will have them before that.

sk, i understand what you mean. i didn't want to get married in my church because that was where i had my wedding with my first husband, so we looked for a different venue. found one that we both just absolutely LOVED and then didn't book there b/c of the cost....not so much cost of the venu, but you HAD to use their caterer, which is like the best caterer in the area i used to live in, which also means it was the most expensive. :dohh: so we kept looking and found several other venues that were really nice, but none that really seemed to hit us as the place we wanted to make our vows to each other. in the end, we went back to the original one, our favorite. we were able to book the venue at half cost by having the wedding on a weeknight (thursday) instead of our original date, which was on a weekend (we only changed it by a week). weekends are always more expensive in the wedding world. the caterer still cost the same, but the venue coordinator threw in some things for us, like some extra side dishes and some things like that for free. all in all, the venue was the most expensive thing we did (with the catering) by far, but more than worth every single penny. we were SO pleased with all of it, the setting, the food, embience, service. top-notch. anyway, consider asking about different dates that might reduce the cost or when the "off-season" is for the venue you like. :hugs:

Hey all

SK I understand the wedding planning I get married in 4 weeks (tomorrow) ahhh oh finally got shirt waistcoat and cravat but no suit yet lol. We having a wedding on a budget having registry office wedding at 3pm on a mon then 6--10pm wedding reception on a paddle boat on the broads :) Can't wait lol

Hey PK how u feeling?

Thanks a mil PK.
I am willing to do what I can to reduce the cost of this wedding, but OH is adament that it will be on a Saturday - doesnt want to inconvience family and friends - most of which will be on holiday as I am a teacher and am rather limited to when we can get married!! :growlmad:

I have already ordered and paid for my dress!! I think it was a cheap dress - well seeing that I started trying on dresses at £1800 and the one I bought is £715!!! I think I did really well!!

So as far as I am concerned - I have sorted the most important thing! My dress!!
https://www.perfectionbridalandmenswear.co.uk/bridal5.html
My dress is Crystal.
It is absolutely gorgeous on me!!!

That dress is stunning hun! You should have one that makes you feel like a princess :)

I did my wedding on a budget too (no not OURS, MINE lol :p) booked it all in 8 weeks, had the local registry office for 3pm and then went to our local football club after (which was free to hire ;) ) - we had a friend cater, i made my own bouquet, my best friend paid for my dress adjustments (just £45 - it can be done if you find the right seamstress) bought paper tablecloths and did our own sweet favours, ummmm bought my cake from M&S just plain ivory and decorated it with flowers from Tesco. DH got his suit in the sale from M&S, was cheaper to buy than rent (research that!) Had my gramp drive me to the wedding (made him feel useful and saved us a packet) just put ribbon on his car :D

Got my dad to pay for the DJ (and shopped around for the best deal), decorated the room myself, did my own makeup and my sister straightened my hair and i did hers. lol. My little sister is a photographer so I gave her £50 to do our photos and then we got them on CD and printed them ourselves.

Oh and my dress was on sale too £400 !!!!

Here's some snaps :D

Attachments

• SDC10266.jpg
    SDC10266.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 11
  • SDC10271.jpg
    SDC10271.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 11
  • S8002798.jpg
    S8002798.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 11
  • S8002801.jpg
    S8002801.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 11
WOW a dress for £400!! that was cheap!! but equally stunning on you!!!

We have a cake sorted already!! OH's sister used to make wedding cakes. Thinking of having simple 3 tiered cake decorated with roses.

If I could have my wedding in the week I would - just to save money!!
But OH is just not budging with the day of week! It has to be a Saturday for him. :growlmad:

PC, i think you take the cake for "on a budget" :winkwink::haha::thumbup: I did most everything myself as well, but i refused to compromise on a couple of things. we couldn't get off light with the catering due to the venue and we paid for a professional photographer (i asked some of my family members, but they didn't want to for fear of ruining the day :awww:). i bought my dress outside of our budget. it wasn't on sale, but i got it at a reasonable cost. at least i felt so. i did all the table decorations myself. i bought the flowers at a bulk store here called costco, and my sister-in-law arranged them for me. i did my own make-up. i can't remember what else now :dohh:

Yup that surely was on a budget!! hehe

I love costco's - we have them here to - but not many!!
We are considering asking my mom's one colleague who is a qualified photographer but only doing it on the side at the mo, to do the photos for us.
She did the family portrait photo's yesterday for us. Will first see what the pics look like and then decide

My dress was £600 and I got it in the sale :)

We got married on a Saturday, but we only spent £5,000 in total, my mum made cupcakes and I decorated the place myself.

n529461243_2431522_306244.jpg

n529461243_2431525_7748847.jpg

n529461243_2431534_7945092.jpg

n1008851219_479279_3166168.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79