• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wishing for Our Little Turkeys! November Testing Thread

Yeah, I understand she is excited, but not the time for sharing the news with you :nope:

lan- wow. how close is this friend? i can't believe she had the gall to ask "no babies yet?" and then proceed to tell you her news..but then that does bring up a good question..

What's the best way to bring up a new pregnancy to friends who have been struggling?

I have a couple of friends who have had multiple miscarriages (and still childless) and another friend who has been trying for 2 years.

Wow that is so inconsiderate!

We fell pregnant first time ntnp and before we publicly announced it, DH took the time to phone friends of his who had ttc for years so they wouldn't get that shock. They were pretty grateful. And in the end, they actually fell pregnant about a year later.

Hi ladies :flower:

Jut wondering what DPO you all usually start testing? Is it a random individual thing or are you guys all testing on a specific DPO? Just trying to work out if I belong in the late November testers or the early December testers. I'm not fooling anyone, I will be testing in November :haha: but just interested 'officially'.

I usually put down the day AF is due as my official test day. Then I cheat!

I have absolutely NO willpower! None...zilch...nada! I'm 9-10dpo and I couldn't help but POAS. BFN...as expected. I know it's too early and I know our timing was horrible this month. Why is it still so much fun to POAS :haha:

I usually try to wait until the day after AF is due to test, and so there have been a lot of cycles where I haven't tested at all- I hate the negatives! Sometimes I test earlier though if the day is more convenient or if I have plans where it would be good to know my status beforehand (drinking, roller coasters, seeing OH's parents).

We can't help ourselves. I must have gone through 10 cheap HPT's last month because I had so many symptoms and of course the more I read, the more pregnant I must have been. It doesn't help when you read all of those 'BFN in the morning of DPO10, BFP in the afternoon!" so you're like Oh! Well that might be ME! And I do need to pee..... so....... BFN *sigh* and repeat the next day :p

Same as most I put when AF is due but cheat :winkwink:

When I got pregnant with my DD I had a strong positive at 10 dpo. I don't waste tests at 5 dpo or anything, but around 9 or 10 is when I start :flower:

I hate seeing the BFN so much that I usually try to wait until 2 days after AF is due. That said, I give it 2 days b/c my cycles have been all over the place this year, so I try to give myself a grace period of seeing if AF will arrive before testing.

update on me - :witch: is making her way here right now, so I'm out. I'm thinking we'll probably coast into next year and then go see the RE for some IUI action.

Aw, sorry to hear it Wish2B. Sounds like you have a good plan, though.

I find each :witch: hits harder these days, when I have so few chances left.

Sorry Wish.

The friend is somewhat close. I'm glad she told me before sharing it with everyone on FB. I just wish she had waited until I was in a better mood so I could have had a better reaction than just "congrats". Maybe her thought was that I was already in a crappy mood, so she's not going to ruin anything.

Last month I did not test. I actually had the willpower to let AF show, and it was only because I temped that I had the ability to do so. Previously I was like a 9 or 10dpo tester. I needed to relax, so last month I made myself ignore symptoms or attribute them to something else.

thanks, ladies.

yeah, turning 39 in December...tick tick tick....

Massive temp drop today. really confused as never had a cycle like this.

could be a fall-back, Canada - I've heard of those happening after O. hopefully it'll spike again tomorrow.

Sorry, Wish!

I'm not too far behind you- 39 in Feb.!

I turned 39 this past April. I totally know what you mean about feeling like you are running out of time.....

39 yr olds unite!
thanks for all the support, ladies - it really helps to know I'm not alone, though for your sakes I wish I was!
:dust: to the next testers! come on Jessie, Keebs, InVivo, Olive and August!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->