• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas Crafts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw salt dough decorations - do you have a recipe for those please? I'd love to make some with Fran xxx

i posted a thread on here couple of days ago

so used 1 cup of salt 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of warm water mix together then knead till smooth roll out and cut out shapes make holes before you bake to thread ribbon through, they do take a lot longer than i thought they would to go hard in the oven think it was over 5 hours :S

What temperature did you bake them at hun? Will go look for your thread x

was around 120 degree ci took them out around 4hours but they were still spomgy put them back for a bit longer and they went really hard

looking forward to decorate them with LO :D

Also do I need a special paint to decorate them with?

not sure hun this is the first time ive made them too i was thinking that just normal poster paints would be ok then clear varnish over the top but not sure might do a bit of googling on it :S

I used normal kids paint then varnish

https://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t396/hurley871/IMG271-1.jpg

had a look and youcan pretty much use any paint so think im just going to use the poster paints we have for LO that she uses when shes painting :D

My pillow :)

https://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t396/hurley871/IMG270-1.jpg

I used normal kids paint then varnish

https://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t396/hurley871/IMG271-1.jpg

what type of varnish did you use? i was thinking clear furniture farnish but not sure x

this is the xmas blanket ive made for DD i managed to find some ribbon in boyes that said hand made with love so use that in the top corner :D quite pleased with how it turned out since ive never sewn anything since i was a t school 15 years ago :blush:

Attachments

• 2012-09-13 22.11.36.jpg
    2012-09-13 22.11.36.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 10
this is the xmas blanket ive made for DD i managed to find some ribbon in boyes that said hand made with love so use that in the top corner :D quite pleased with how it turned out since ive never sewn anything since i was a t school 15 years ago :blush:

That is beautiful!

Your squares match up perfectly.

X

how did you cut your letters out hun im attempting a stocking for LO and want to put her name on but not sure how to do letters :S Looks really good :D

Hiya hun,

Basically I use alphabet template that is printed in reverse.
Then I got some bondaweb and traced the words onto the smooth side of bondaweb
Then I cut out each letter leaving about half an inch from the letter
Then I ironed the bondaweb onto the felt and cut them out by hand hun.

You can get bondaweb in dunelm mill or your local fabric shop for about £3 a metre.

You don't have to use this but it holds the felt in place much easier.
Once you have cut out the felt letters you peel the paper off the back and position it on the stocking where you want it then iron in place.

If you decided to use felt don't iron the felt direct, place a damp cotton cloth between the iron and the felt, as this helps it stick down.

Hope this made sense lol :dohh: If not just PM me hun and i'll help you along

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116