• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas Crafts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent been on in so long but first thought yesterday mornin was i bet Santa's grotto is open and hooray it is.I have so many ideas for gifts this year. Heres a few things i plan to do:

Epson bath salts in small jars (for the adults)
Snowman soups (from the 2boys to younger relatives and friends)
Reindeer dust, same as above
Photo christmas cards
Handmade patchwork cushions
Poss sock monkeys for the younger ones but really struggle to make one last year but can make a patchwork quilt lol

And thats it for now but look forward to seein every1 elses ideas, and also mean't to say big hello to everyone

Rosie that blanket is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm going to do snowman soup and reindeer dust. Not sure what else I'll have time to do because I've just started a little online card making business and I'm hoping to be busy :haha:

Of course there will be lots of baking too - can't live without chocolate cake and mince pies lmao!

Rosie that blanket is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm going to do snowman soup and reindeer dust. Not sure what else I'll have time to do because I've just started a little online card making business and I'm hoping to be busy :haha:

Of course there will be lots of baking too - can't live without chocolate cake and mince pies lmao!

Aww thank you! I have more pin holes in my fingers than i dont know what but it was worth it ;)

what type of cards are you going to be doing!

There has to be a chocolate yule log made in this household defiinatley mince pies!!!

Well I've just had delivery of some gorgeous snowflakes and gingerbread men toppers. I've got a few custom orders on the go at the moment so I've got to get those done before I can make a start on Christmas stock but I really can't wait. The lady who I buy lots of toppers from says she's going to buy a candy cane die cutter so I can't wait to get some of those from her too!

How exciting!!!!!! Gonna make some :

Fudge
Choc truffles
Reindeer food
My cinnamon and apple sauce decorations still smell 2 years on so won't need any new ones
Snowman soup with piped biscuits
Cookies for Xmas eve
Gonna have go at some bunting this year too

Making the girls dresses for Xmas dinner- I keep changing my mind what they are going to be like but as soon as I have decided and they are made I will post pictures!

Making a food hamper for my neighbour- she is a widower, no kids and will never accept our invitation for Xmas lunch so this year I am going to give her some M+S goodies.

Going to make cookies, flapjacks and gingerbread men for the kids teachers.

Going to use the Xmas family photo from last year for our Xmas card this year too.

I'm going to attempt to make salt dough tree decorations with dd1 in next couple weeks, want to send some to her godparents who will be having their first Xmas in new Zealand this year. So will be shipping their pressies and other bits by sea next month.

I love reading what everyone will be making :flower:

I'll be getting a sewing machine for my birthday so I'll be making lots of things hopefully!

List of things to make so far :

christmas cards
pillow cases
duvet cover set
quilt
knitted scarfs for gifts
Wreath
ornaments
Christmas apron
Marmalade & chutney jars
Sweet/butterscotch/fudge jars
I love the idea of a quilt! so maybe one for a gift if I find time :flower:

I'll be buying boxes cheaply for the gifts online as it'll make them more fun and make wrapping easier :haha:

Oooh yes I'm sure I will be making some peanut butter fudge at some point too! I'd love to have a go at a wreath but I wouldn't know where to start!

What kinda machine you getting hun?

christmas duvet covers & pillow case?

I've just finished sophies sack lol :)
and my mums doing her a christmas patchwork quilt lol!

xx

p.s. where you getting your boxes from hun?

x

So I've made some salt dough decorations today with dd1, does hobbycraft sell spray varnish? I still need to varnish the booties off Freya's christening cake and I think using a brush will make the delicate piping fall off so I need spray. X

I would sew love a sewing machine (sorry, couldn't resist lol) but there are lots of other things I need first! I think Steve is getting me a new printer for Xmas then I'm going to make photo calendars for the family as little new year gifts.

there are looooooads of wreath guides on the internet, it's not as daunting as it sounds :flower: https://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-decorations/christmas-wreaths/
https://sassysites.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/homemade-christmas-wreaths.html

we're getting the ikea sewing machine,it's got 13 types of stitches, it's really simple to use and pretty good for low skill sewers such as myself :haha:

I would sew love a sewing machine (sorry, couldn't resist lol) but there are lots of other things I need first! I think Steve is getting me a new printer for Xmas then I'm going to make photo calendars for the family as little new year gifts.

I have no idea what made me think you already had a machine hun?!:shrug:

x

I have no idea what made me think you already had a machine hun?!:shrug:

x

Unfortunately not. Actually I've just remembered my friend said I could have her old one when she gets her new one, just not sure when that will be lol.

boxes wise I'll just google cheap boxes :haha:
for example https://www.glitzy-packaging.co.uk/acatalog/Flat-Packed-Gift-Boxes.html
oooh and this one :haha: https://www.boxbargain.co.uk/company/delivery.asp

this is the sewing machine I meant if anyone was interested :flower:
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30208975/

Ahh thanks hun defo gonna look into that :)

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back