***November 2019 Babies!***

Hey ladies! How's everyone doing?

The neurology appt went well. They helped me determine which med to take if I have one that is safest for pregnancy. They injected some lidocaine into my scalp, neck, and shoulders to try to numb the muscles/trigger points a bit, as that is just local and totally safe while pregnant.

My scan went great too. Baby looked wonderful and was moving all around, rubbing its little eyes, and rubbing its feet together. It was pretty cute! My SCH was about half the size it originally was so my doctor took me off precautions and said I should be fine. I should be getting my Panorama NIPT results any day now and am hoping for a "clear" genetic panel and no preference on the gender. I am fully expecting a boy though, and have been calling it him, so will be pretty shocked if it's a girl. But either will be exciting. We ordered some confetti canons will set off in our backyard with our almost 2 yr old (he thinks confetti is the most amazing thing) to learn of the sex. Really hoping they give us the results today! Today is the 10th day since the blood draw.

Okay, now for a long novel about birth considerations...

So for those of you who already have kiddos, has anyone had a c section? If so, how was your experience? With my son I had an entirely unmedicated natural birth. Had a doula, but delivered in the hospital with my OB. My entire labor lasted 4ish hours from first contraction to his arrival. He wasn't ideally positioned (sunny side up, with hand by face) and was a big boy (a bit under 9 lbs), and that paired with the fast labor led to me having a 4th degree tear. Didn't bother me at all during the birth, couldn't even feel it with all the other pressure/feelings going on. But man oh man the surgery I needed after, and the recovery. The recovery was pretty brutal. I'd say it took a year and half to fully recover but thankfully I have. I'm a big fan of natural birth and would love to repeat it, but I'm at a big risk of having a repeat 4th degree tear, which could cause lifelong problems such as fecal incontinence, and require multiple repeat surgeries to repair. My doctor will support whatever I choose. I hate to miss out on another amazing natural birth, but I think the risks are too high for me for life long issues. Because of my anatomy (short perineum, with previous scarring from last tear) I have about a 40% risk of a repeat severe injury, and if it happens, about a 60% chance of a lifelong complication. I think that's a little too rich for my blood. So I'm leaning toward a cesarean, and would likely still have a doula there, and aim for a "gentle" cesarean, so baby is still immediate skin to skin and nursing and such. Possible vaginal seeding for his little gut microbiome if my doc would agree to it.

But I admit I'm terrified of a c section, and recovery while also having a rambunctious toddler. But I hear for most, it's a matter of weeks versus the months to years of 4th degree tear recovery.

Anyone with any experience?

Wow miss doc. I think I would lean that way too. My recovery with a second degree tear was tough but mostly because of hemorrhoids. My labor was also 38 hours so a bit of a different experience! My SIL had to have a c-section and she scheduled another csec with her second bc of pre-e and so I’m guessing she would say it’s worth it to avoid complications.

Reading back a bit weeks 9 and 10 are when hcg tends to peak so hopefully some of you are through the worst of it and feeling better. I’m finally now feeling a bit better in the mornings most days at 13 weeks. I even went for a 3 mile hike yesterday, but I think it was a bit much. Lots of tailbone pain after and nausea to the point of not being able to eat dinner. This morning was tough too. Still hopeful that it’s starting to ease and subside and I get that awesome second tri everyone talks about fx!

Miss Doc that is a tough one! I had a 3rd degree tear and a friend had a c section around the same time as me and i think she felt better than me much sooner. you do have the weight restriction and that would be hard with a toddler but its short term vs something that can be a long term problem! Can't wait to hear how the gender reveal goes!

Afm still feeling crappy. Most mornings i cant eat and once i finally eat something at lunch feel crappy afterwards too! Oh well i think only a couple weeks and it will subside. Found the hb on my doppler this morning so was pretty excited about that!

Wow Miss Doc, lidocaine under your scalp and shoulders? Hope that helped and your migraines get better. I'm new to motherhood, so I have no idea what a 4th degree tear is, sounds painful, and if your as risk for another in natural birth, I would be leaning toward c-section as well. There's so much for me to learn, but I look forward to hearing what you decide.

Afm, I'm doing good, never had nausea, and creeping into the 2nd trimester, so I guess I got lucky. We did do the sneak peak early gender results and it came back that we're having a GIRL, 100% theshold, which we were excited about because that's what we wanted, trying to not be too excited until we get confirmation from the doctor though. Saturday was my 33rd bday, so we had people over and announced my pregnancy to our closest friends and family, it was great! Hope all is going well with you ladies!

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the support. Oh, and we are having a little BOY! As I'll have two little boys, I immediately ordered some "boy mom" workout shirts, lol. (they say stuff like "nothing scares a boy mom", "raising little gentlemen", and "mommysaurus." Lol.

Congrats on your girl, Harmony! And for sneaking out of first tri without sickness! The majority of women have some level of tearing in a vaginal birth, and first and second degree tears are just around the vagina/perineum and are not a "big deal" in that you get a few stictches, and it typically heals well. A third degree tear means you started to tear into the rectal wall but didn't tear all the way. A fourth is the worst, and it's when you fully tear, all the way from vagina through the rectum, and have to have a surgical repair to repair the sphincter. Not fun stuff. A lot of women struggle with lifelong incontinence after. I've been massively lucky to heal well! But you should know that kind of tearing is massively RARE. Like 1-2 out of a 100 women. And if it happens during birth you don't even feel it as there's so much pressure going on down there. I was unmedicated and still had no idea I tore like that. The down side is the after the birth recovery and the complications that can come from it.

Dogmom, I'm sorry you're still feeling so crappy. I've been doing the unisom/B6 combo my doc suggested and it's helping a lot with the nausea. Doesn't make it go all the way away, but it helps a ton.

Lesondemavie, way to go on such a hike, but sorry you struggled to recoup after. This tail bone pain stuff is driving me NUTS. I need to do some yoga or stretches or something to help.

I'll talk to my doc about c section options at my next appt in a few weeks. But I think she would scheduled it at 39+4 because she does surgeries on Wednesdays only, and I'm certain by that time I will already have gone into labor. I had my son at 39+3 and he was a first baby. I suspect this one will come by then as well. So all stuff I need to think through!!

Hi ladies.
Hope you're all doing well. So lovely that some of you have found out what you're having, it's so exciting!!
I had my first scan on Tuesday and it went well. Baby was very active and measuring 12+1 so my due date is 11th November.
Here's a photo - I think it's a boy but I have no idea lol:

0A7A3F04-8B7A-4167-9BA8-04D08A6C1293.jpeg

Omg MissDoc, that sounds excruciating. I witnessed both my sisters giving birthday and they both had to get stitches for tearing but nothing like what you went through. I hope it all works out for you with this birth, that sounds like a long recovery road, and with a newborn, ouch.

Jft, your scan is beautiful, I love the profile pics, my little one wouldn't sit still long enough for us to get one.

I had my genetic screening yesterday and the ultrasound tech went crazy with the pictures, she was training a student, so she wanted to show her everything and I wasn't mad at that. I got all these pics, and a 3D ultrasound. My baby looks like she's over all the pictures tho! Lol

A520F749-E606-49ED-BEC5-E9F53348A56F.jpeg 25C0DFBD-BAF6-4000-A2CC-5B067ED5C136.jpeg

Last edited:
So happy to see you are all doing well! I'm super jealous of your 12+ week scans!! I don't have my next scan until 20 weeks. How's everyone feeling now?!

Congrats on all the scans! So the count is two boys and one girl?

Thanks MissDoc actually feeling quite a bit better this week! How exciting you will have an exact date for your c-section. It gets so hard at the end and that will be nice to know.

Tomorrow I hit 12 weeks. I feel like Im starting to show and Im starting to get anxious about how to announce this pregnancy. With my first I had told a lot of people face to face but I also shared it on my fb and I felt that some people that I didnt tell face to face were hurt they found out on fb. So Im thinking I won't do a fb announcement and everyone thats actually in my life I will see/talk to in the next 6 months.

Hi everyone!

I've been MIA for quite a few weeks... Just been struggling with sickness and no energy! I'll try and catch up with everyone this evening so don't be surprised if there are multiple postings from me lol

Went for my u/s today. Baby measuring ahead at 13 w and 5 days. Couldn't get my NT measurements as baby was in wrong position but was flipping around and waving arms/legs and rubbing his/her eyes a lot. And because baby is measuring ahead won't get a second chance at the measurements. Oh well....

Hope everyone is well! Will be catching up soon! Here's a photo of mine. Hand is up by the forehead

Screenshot_20190510-140131.png

We just announced on social media. For me, it’s more awkward when you’re showing and people can tell but you haven’t told them yet. We returned from our trip to Kauai yesterday, so I put together a little collage of photos from our trip and said “Exploring this wild, wonderful world as a family of four.” Simple but sweet. After so much heartache on our journey, I like to keep it simple but sweet and announce early enough that those who need to can unfollow me before photos of me with a big baby bump and such start to appear.

Here’s the little photo collage I used:

772678CA-4A5E-4566-9352-5D0680088BAD.jpeg

My apologies! I'm always on my phone and I didn't realize how big the full size image is until I hopped on to the site from my laptop today!

Last edited:
Hi all - sorry for being MIA - I keep losing this thread. We had our 12 week scan and got the NIPT results back. We’re having a boy. That will make 3 girls and 2 boys in our family. :)

MissDoc can they do a scan to tell the position of the baby before doing a C? That was a pretty terrible position the baby was in - especially the hand by the face.

My 4th was sunny side up (1st degree year) but didn’t have the hand by the face.

Hey ladies! I'm silently lurking this thread. I'm due December 14th, so I'm in the December babies group, but everyone seems to have stopped posting. I'm fully expecting to be induced toward the end of November for gestational hypertension, which I had with my other 2 kids. I thought it might be nice to hang around here and have some other ladies to talk to, if you all don't mind too much!

P.S. Miss Doc, I'm pretty sure I remember you from a different thread a few years ago!

Hey ladies, how's everyone doing?

Welcome Drjo718.

Seems like everyone is around the time is their first trimester screenings, how are those going. Mine went well, came back normal. Just left the Dr, and baby's heartbeat is still strong. Hope everyone is doing well!

Due date changed from November 13th to November 9th at my 12 week scan 2 weeks ago, so 14 weeks and 4 days today!

I keep losing this thread and forget to check up here!

Anyone else due the 9th?

:)

Do we have a November babies Facebook group going yet?

Hlx - If things go the way they went with my daughter, I’ll be induced around the 9th. You never know though. I like to think of it more as a floating delivery month from 38-42 weeks.

Hlx - If things go the way they went with my daughter, I’ll be induced around the 9th. You never know though. I like to think of it more as a floating delivery month from 38-42 weeks.

I know what you mean hun! Baby can come any time either side of the due date, dont know why they give you a date tbh if that how it is hahah

Hey everyone! How’s everyone doing? Loving seeing everyone’s scan pictures! (I’ll add mine in a minute! Lol)

Welcome DrJo!

Jft1 - I think boy too, I’ve been looking at lots of nub pictures seeing if I can figure mine out, and I think yours looks boyish (though I could be very wrong with what I think the nub is!)

AFM: I’ve been really sick still, I’m trying every sickness remedy going, and prescription meds but still spending most mornings throwing up and the rest of the day so nauseated I can’t bring myself to eat. I’m forcing one meal a day but it’s hard work. I’m really hoping that eases soon! I’d lost 8lbs, but put 6 back on despite not really eating and my middle is thicker so baby is clearly growing!

Had my 12wk scan a few days ago, baby is perfect and I’m massively in love. Was initially facing the wrong way so had to go for a walk and do some jiggling about and eventually it turned. I’d convinced myself I’d get a high neck measurement (I just worry about everything) but it was perfectly within range (1.7mm) baby was crossing its legs and waving. I’d love a girl, but I think baby is a boy and I keep saying ‘he’ when referring to it so maybe my body is telling me something! lol I won’t find out until 17th June so ages to go yet.
I told my bosses at work and they’ve been great, promising to look after me. It’s first baby in my team for some time so they’re pretty excited! Haven’t told my colleagues yet but plan to when I hit 14wks as I get back from holiday then!

Hope everyone is well!

861F2714-0DE4-4679-8DEC-904DD8566B24.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->