September superhero’s *Testing thread*

Hey all. Its been a few weeks since I checked in, I'm sorry I haven't been active as much, this long term thing is so hard... Some may remember I wasn't even sure if we would try this cycle or take a break, mainly because we have sooo many May birthdays in our family already and I don't really think its ideal to add another to that chaos, but I ultimately decided I didn't want to miss out on any chances.

I am 7dpo today (cycle 21) and my temperature has risen about .5 degree (f). I did take a test (easy @ home), but it was negative. Still early though. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up... but here's my chart if anyone wants to see.

Screenshot_20230901_064126_FF App.jpg

S_D— I’m sorry to read about your trouble with fertility. I’d be curious to read your story. Have you ever started a journal on here? Just curious if you and your SO ever did any investigative work on the medical side of things. Had you considered the Iui/ivf route or rather not? I know all that stuff isn’t cheap.

thanks, I am very doubtful we would conceive in the way we dtd and that’s fine with me! There was a time a year ago that I wanted to try but hubby wasn’t on board. I got very comfortable with being “done” and now that’s where my head is at now. I don’t want any more but of course I would if that was the situation.

i’m 6dpo to answer your question. I might test on 11 dpo but probably only if I’m feeling symptomatic…or maybe I will anyway because there is one test under the sink and I am a recovering POAS addict :haha:

oh and YES with this forum being nice!! People are lovely here. I wish it was as active as it used to be. Gosh I stepped into a reddit Hpt testing thread recently and people are SO RUDE! Like “oh that’s really faint. You either aren’t pregnant or having a chemical.” In one thread someone called the poster delusional!

rose — wow you have me beat! I also have an 11 year old. Maybe we were on here at the same time back then.

We did investigate and we have male factor. His morphology was 0% last we checked. His count and motility were both on the low side of normal.

He tried clomid and some other medications to try and help. They would increase his count, but didn't help with his morphology.

IVF would really be our only option, but I personally have some moral issues with doing it for myself. Zero judgement for others, but it isn't for me.

Plus, I tend to get really bad side effects from medication. I try not to even take antibiotics unless I have to because I get such awful side effects. And there has been shown an increased risk of breast/ovarian cancer after IVF which is kind of scary. Plus all that money with zero guarantees of it actually working. So there are a lot of factors in there. Ultimately, we just don't feel peace about IVF.

I actually got pregnant after my husband started taking a new fertility supplement. Which is why I had some renewed hope about it happening naturally. It happened 5 months after he started taking it. But now it has been a year since then and still no pregnancy. So who knows.

It's good that you seem to be okay whichever way this month turns out for you. And as a POAS addict myself I totally understand lol.

Oh I've lurked on some of those Reddit places myself and it is appalling!

Hey all. Its been a few weeks since I checked in, I'm sorry I haven't been active as much, this long term thing is so hard... Some may remember I wasn't even sure if we would try this cycle or take a break, mainly because we have sooo many May birthdays in our family already and I don't really think its ideal to add another to that chaos, but I ultimately decided I didn't want to miss out on any chances.

I am 7dpo today (cycle 21) and my temperature has risen about .5 degree (f). I did take a test (easy @ home), but it was negative. Still early though. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up... but here's my chart if anyone wants to see.

View attachment 1116876

Oh your chart is beautiful!!! Is that super high rose normal for you? It looks like it could go triphasic!

And I totally understand continuing to try regardless of the dates. My husband and brother's birthdays are both in December right before Christmas. Plus there is Christmas and all the chaos and planning with that, so a December baby has never been ideal. But do I still try every March? Yup. Because I'd rather have a sweet baby and let future me deal with the chaos of nother December birthday lol

I always think, but what if THIS was the month it was going to happen.

So I totally get it.

Oh your chart is beautiful!!! Is that super high rose normal for you? It looks like it could go triphasic!

And I totally understand continuing to try regardless of the dates. My husband and brother's birthdays are both in December right before Christmas. Plus there is Christmas and all the chaos and planning with that, so a December baby has never been ideal. But do I still try every March? Yup. Because I'd rather have a sweet baby and let future me deal with the chaos of nother December birthday lol

I always think, but what if THIS was the month it was going to happen.

So I totally get it.

Despite the fact that I'm fairly regular and do try to temp at the same time under the same conditions whenever possible, all my charts look so different every month that it's hard to know what's normal for me :haha: I've had a few months where I've had a rise like this around 7 dpo, but this month's chart is, in my opinion, is the best looking chart so far, so we'll see what comes of it!

@S_Dowd oh no I am so sorry it was BFN :( Rooting so hard for you.

@gigglebox I joined in summer of 2011, so crazy how the time goes!

Welp my tests arrived and it's a BFN for me. If my nausea and symptoms were pregnancy related I should have gotten at least a faint line. A squinter. Something! But they were stark white.

I know better than to get my hopes up like this, but gosh these symptoms were convincing.

Good luck to everyone testing this month!!!

Sorry about the bfn :(

hi @Pink.Rose ! Hmm I don't know a ton about charting but I hope it turns out the way you want! Those do look like high temps. When will you test? Or do you just wait and see what the chart says and wait it out?

@S_Dowd got cha. I have a feeling we would have similar views on it but I am not in those shoes and don't know how much opinion would change if I was. I hope you don't have to wait much longer! That does seem promising that it happened naturally last year. One more intrusive question -- what about a donor? I know of some people on here who have had brothers of their husbands/spouse donate so the genetics were similar. I personally would never ask that of an inlaw but just throwing ideas out there....although I'm sure you've thought of them all. I hope this isn't insensitive/rude! I don't mean to be.

Yikes, I knew they were linking cancer with birth control but I hadn't heard that about fertility treatments. I guess that makes sense but that is a scary thought!

@MrsKatie I remember you! I think we may have been "bump buddies" for the 2019 babies. Are you a lurker too or are you ttc again?

@gigglebox yes! My boy Mickey was born in 2/2019.
I am lurking and rooting people on. I don’t know if we’ll TTC again. My fertility tends to return around 18 months postpartum and I’ll be closing in on 43 by then. I don’t really worry too much about my own abilities etc (I am blessed to be very high-energy by nature, my mom is the same- still at 72!) but I do worry about another loss, or genetic issues, and I do feel for the first time kind of ready to move our family on to the next phase. Still… I can’t say goodbye to the baby/newborn phase yet!

awww it's so hard to make that definitive choice, isn't it?? I felt somewhat secure with our 3 boys but I waffled all the time. I've been finally very comfortable with it the past several months. It really is freeing having them be pretty self-sufficient (I mean to a degree) but the best of it is being able to sleep again. My kids were all terrible sleepers, but especially my third who was still getting up in the night until he was almost 4. I had stronger baby fever when I was getting the choppy sleep because I felt used to getting up. Now that I have had nearly a year of not dealing with it (plus no diapers), I dread the thought of a baby! I love a baby but to be honest it's probably my least favorite stage. If I could give birth to toddlers I'd probably have a million more kids, haha.

@gigglebox my 6th is my first good sleeper. Never thought it could happen to me haha
All my others are the worst sleepers. But they are adventurous eaters so I’ll take it. I’ve decided you get one or the other haha

wow then I struck out for all of mine. My second USED to be a great eater, now he is so picky! He basically lives off of crackers and fruit and rather starve than eat anything else. He was on a salad kick for awhile but suddenly decided he won't eat that either. We have tried the "you eat this dinner or you go to bed" method and he just chooses bed *face palm*. I hope his strong will serves him well in the future!

#1 is picky but at least has good variety of what he will eat.

#3 is a wild card lol

hi @Pink.Rose ! Hmm I don't know a ton about charting but I hope it turns out the way you want! Those do look like high temps. When will you test? Or do you just wait and see what the chart says and wait it out?

@S_Dowd got cha. I have a feeling we would have similar views on it but I am not in those shoes and don't know how much opinion would change if I was. I hope you don't have to wait much longer! That does seem promising that it happened naturally last year. One more intrusive question -- what about a donor? I know of some people on here who have had brothers of their husbands/spouse donate so the genetics were similar. I personally would never ask that of an inlaw but just throwing ideas out there....although I'm sure you've thought of them all. I hope this isn't insensitive/rude! I don't mean to be.

Yikes, I knew they were linking cancer with birth control but I hadn't heard that about fertility treatments. I guess that makes sense but that is a scary thought!

@MrsKatie I remember you! I think we may have been "bump buddies" for the 2019 babies. Are you a lurker too or are you ttc again?

I will likely be testing every day at this point until I either know I'm out or see that 2nd line haha.

Evening ladies, going to start OPK tomorrow. I always jst start with once a day later in the day then up it in few days to twice daily to catch that positive.
This month I have started Maca Root and Agnus Cactus and using pre seed. Put hubby on Maca root too.

@MrsKatie that's funny you say about eating or sleeping, both mine were/are great sleepers but very picky eaters lol

@S_Dowd you did make me laugh with the duck poo story esp the 'rare duck poo disease' part :haha: Sorry about the bfn though xx

@gigglebox and the others who said the same I also have been on/off here for blocks of time since about 2010!!! Love that we all know each other/know of each other. I can't get used to any other forum as they are just too big. I love how it feels so close here.

@josephine3 I remember you! We had our firsts about the same time. I remember you had the adorable puppies back then (all dogs are puppies to me lol). So you’re cooking a third?! Exciting!

@Lozb sounds like a good plan! I rarely used opk’s because of painful ovulation anyway but I did every now and again, in part just to see two lines somewhere :haha: what does maca root and cactus do?

I was under a different username many moons ago but also another one from 2011 :) I took a pretty big break between my 2014 and 2019 babies but as soon as I was ttc I came right back every time :haha: it’s way more quiet than it used to be that’s for sure, lots of familiar names still and it’s always felt like home <3 I’ll never ttc again as I opted to have my only tube removed during my emergency c section but there’s lots of ladies I’d love to see get their bfps still before I disappear

@Lozb thanks for doing the September thread!!
Hoping for many BFPs this month!!
I wasn't expecting to ovulate for another 5-6 days but I got peak today!! CD14 which is unusual for me- in a good way. I usually count 1dpo from 2 days after peak, mainly to try and make early testing that bit more realistic... So in that case I guess I'll be testing from about the 12th September - could I be put down for that please?

@josephine3 I remember you! We had our firsts about the same time. I remember you had the adorable puppies back then (all dogs are puppies to me lol). So you’re cooking a third?! Exciting!

@Lozb sounds like a good plan! I rarely used opk’s because of painful ovulation anyway but I did every now and again, in part just to see two lines somewhere :haha: what does maca root and cactus do?

so Maca root is a herbal plant that grows in Peru and is made into supplements. It’s meant to help with many things like libido, sperm quality, energy levels, hormone balancer. It’s does other stuff too. Then agnus cactus is again herbal and known for reducing PMS and also support a better and consistent ovulation.
Anything is worth a try so got me and hubby on Maca root and jst me on the agnus cactus. X

@Lozb thanks for doing the September thread!!
Hoping for many BFPs this month!!
I wasn't expecting to ovulate for another 5-6 days but I got peak today!! CD14 which is unusual for me- in a good way. I usually count 1dpo from 2 days after peak, mainly to try and make early testing that bit more realistic... So in that case I guess I'll be testing from about the 12th September - could I be put down for that please?

added you, good luck and sending lots of baby dust x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->