Spring/Summer IUI support thread

Aayla- we're going back next week.

danser55- Holy Moly that's awesome......congratulations honey!!! We're a week behind each other Yyyaaayyyy

Mina06- So sorry love and we're also here for you as well as Aayla.

beemeck- Welcome back honey and I'm so sorry to hear that. Praying that the 3rd times the charm.

Hi everyone, been watching this thread...just about to start my first round of IUI. Got my period today so will start taking chlomid in the morning.

My doctor said it may well have some side effects, did anyone feel this?

Have been waiting for this for so long...have set myself up for this to work first time but I'm getting so nervous that it won't!

India_86- Welcome honey!!!!! I used clomid and had almost every side effect. But it's not that bad. And continue to believe love because it's your faith that's gonna confirm it. Best of luck and keep us posted

What side effects did you get? I feel like I'm so sensitive to drugs, scared I'm guna go mad on them! But yes, should be worth it!

The side effects I had were hot flashes and weight gain. A little moodiness but it wasn't too bad. I only did it for 2 cycles though.

Afm: I have an appt with the doc June 1. He wants to go over next steps. Which likely means my letrozole days are over. Hubby and I aren't sure if we want to go for injectible meds with IUI or straight to IVF. Both are expensive. I have to lose a lot of weight for both but it could be nearly a year to wait for IVF as I have to lose 140lbs for that.

India_86- I had pelvic pain, tender breast, headaches, mood swings and hot flashes

Aayla- Have you tried clomid or just letrozole?

We did clomid first back in 2014. 2 rounds, no ovulation and a 20 lb weight gain. Not the drug for me lol

I am ok with moving on but I am just impatient to what step he wants us to do. And do I accept it or make my own choice. 5000 is cheaper than 16000 but I think of what ifs. What if the one round doesn't take. Then on to the next for another 5000. By 3 rounds I have come to full price of IVF.

Hubby doesn't want to make a choice for fear it won't match mine. So he said he will follow my wishes. I can't make this big if a financial decision on my own.

My dh is the same aayla. He owns his own business so he's making decisions all day long but when it comes to the fertility stuff and costs he leaves it up to me for fear of upsetting me. But I hear ya it's not fair to have to make such big decisions alone.

Side effects

First round- gained 5 lbs

2nd round - I was watching what I ate bc I was worried so no weight gain but mood swing for sure towards last day. Hot flashes.

For me the worst side effects were the residual cysts that it caused the next cycles - 2 cycles later and they are still not resolved.

hey ladies, haven't checked in for a little bit.
Welcome to the new ladies joining in on this crazy journey!

danser!! twins!! so crazy and exciting :) I've heard of them not seeing the second baby right away, I was telling my partner about you and now she's like what if we are having twins too?? lol

bee - so sorry about AF :( really hope your next cycle will be the one that sticks! FX for you!

aayla - hopefully your doctors appointment will give you a little more direction of where to go from here. I get where you are coming from though, I know when we had discussed the costs of everything it is so scary to think of spending so much money when nothing gives you a guarantee of success

AFM.. I am officially 9 weeks as of yesterday. Been feeling very nauseous the past few mornings but overall doing great. I have an appointment with my doctor on June 9th where I will hopefully hear the heartbeat for the first time and then June 15th for my next ultrasound..I'll be over 12 weeks and finally out of the stressful first trimester!

Kate- you are a few weeks ahead of me I hope they would have found any other babies by now. :) Good luck with your upcoming appointments. I can't wait to be out of the 1st trimester as well.

My only ultrasound at the hospital was at 6 weeks so it's possible they wouldn't have seen it that early on. You're lucky to get so many ultrasounds! My cousin who is pregnant with twins gets an ultrasound every two weeks, nice to be able to see the babies so often :)

Hey girls, how is everyone?! What's new?

Might be testing tomorrow at 12dpo.. Just too scared. I hate seeing BFNs. :(

wifeybby- Hey honey, my fingers and everything else will be crossed for you. Sending you lots and lots of baby dust.

AFM- I hit 7 weeks yesterday and will have another ultrasound Tuesday to hear my baby's heartbeat. Then again at 8 1/2 weeks. Still no morning sickness or anything just tired sometimes

I emailed the nurse over the weekend as af came on her own and I didn't have to induce. Which is awesome and means the letrozole did something but I just didn't release the egg. Which I think was because I had a horrible cold at the time. so I asked her to ask the doc if I can do one more round of letrozole to make sure I am not resistant.

Well my doc's nurse emailed me back...to change my appt time. She didn't answer my question at all. So I emailed her again this afternoon but have heard nothing. It's now 5:35pm and the clinic is closed now. I'm quite irritated that she didn't seem to bother reading my email.

I am on cd 3 and I picked up my letrozole. I can wait until Wednesday to get the go ahead as that is cd 5 (although I have never taken it days 5-9) but I'm not even seeing the doc now, it's just a phone call appt..which means that he isn't going to instantly put in the IUD so I am taking that as a good sign.

But I am leery of messing with the schedule I have been on since I started this. But a different nurse said there is no difference.

I am 31. Trying for 3 years now. DH is 35. I have Endo. We did clomid 3-7 with trigger on the 14th IUI on the 16. I am dying with the wait. I feel all kinds of symptoms. Feel like I'm going crazy. Got 2 faint BPF. Going for blood work tomorrow. I'm so scared, even typing this now has me in tears. This is the last month we are trying for a while I need a break. The emtional strain is killing me. I lost my dad who was my hero in December so it has been a rough year. Please pray for me ladies and any advise would be awesome. I have no one to talk to about this. No one I know has problems getting pregnant. Which makes this very hard. DH tries but he doesn't get it cause nothing is wrong with him. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post new to the site.

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been missing for a bit. Trying to regroup since the chemical and get things figured out. My period came out of nowhere today on day 20... Guess my cycles are messed right now. Taking June off of IUI and trying again in July since I'll Be on vacation and hoping relaxing will help the next IUI cycle.

Aayla - I think it's good you're trying again. And so frustrating when they don't answer your questions! I hope it was just the cold you had and that this cycle will be better for you.

ALgirl - welcome! This thread has many supportive ladies. I hope you can find what you need here. I'm 32 and my husband and I have been trying for 3 year - with 3 losses. It's really hard and you feel alone. I know my friends and I have grown apart as they've all started their own families during this time and I feel like "I'm the only one." This thread helped me open up a bit and to share the emotions were all experiencing and going through. You're not alone - just remember that.

Realfemme - how was the ultrasound?

Anyways I wanted to share this link with everyone. It was a beautiful read. Warning it may induce tears! https://nadirahangail.com/2016/05/25/mind-your-own-womb/

Thank you so much!! I know exactly how that is. I am the only one of my group who does not have kids. We have not had any losses as of yet. I am sorry to hear that you have suffered that. My friend lost her angel almost two years ago. It was very hard on her. She did have her rainbow baby last year. I did not get pregnant for many years due to the fact that the endo had my uterus glued to the left side of my abdomen and all of my OB said it was just tilted. I had surgery last year to fix that and remove the endo but no luck yet. I am hoping things go well tomorrow at blood work but if not we are taking a break for a short while. I need to recoup and probably take time to feel the loss of my daddy.

ALGirl- Welcome honey and you came to the right place. Here you can let it all out and there's no judgement. I'm praying this is it for you and those faint lines turn into big, bold and strong lines. We're here for you. FX and sending you lots of baby dust

AFM- I kissed my appointment Tuesday so my ultrasound will be Friday. All is well and still no symptoms just taking it easy at work and home.

Mina06- hey love it's been awhile. Sorry again about the chemical pregnancy. Keep us posted honey

Mina: sorry about the chemical. Taking a break can definitely be a good thing.

Algirl: welcome!!

Real: bummer about missing your appt. hope it goes well on Friday.

afm: So freaking happy!!!!

Doc call went awesome. He is happy I made the choice to use the letrozole this cycle. He said it made sense to miss O from being sick and it is possible I did O but missed the progesterone peak. So we are ignoring that cycle and continuing on.

If I ovulate then we will continue on until we get pregnant or are ready for IVF. While the injectable is an option it is $2500 and he said it makes more sense to pay the extra for IVF as it freezes embryos for more children and it has a better success rate.

So no Mirena, and I continue on as is but we will continue to save money just in case and I have to get my bmi down to 38 as that is the limit. Which is about 100 lbs.

So I started the 21 day fix again today. I needed to anyway outside of all of this.

Feeling really good and happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->